Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts (2274 Views)

Igbo Presidency 2023 Will End IPOB Activities - Ohanaeze Assures Nigerians / "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" / Igbo Presidency: Okorocha 'Stands The Best Chance' - Governor Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by hammerT: 4:37pm On Oct 19, 2019
immhotep:

Long live hammerT and IPOB.

Iseeeee

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MetaPhysical: 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2019
LZAA:

So you just want igbo domination
It's settled

I can tell an Igbo in twitter just by words and phrases, dont need to see name or picture. grin

"Domination"
"Supreme"
"Storm"
"Fearless"
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MetaPhysical: 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2019
gidgiddy:
Doesnt matter who produces the president, it wont help the common man on the street. All the presidents Nigeria has produced since 1960, where is Nigeria today? I have nothing against my fellow Igbo becoming president but I know that it wont help us same it didn't help all those who had it in the past.

The Igbo nation should be striving for it's own separate country or at the barest minimum, it's own autonomous Region where they control and manage their affairs

This is what is important, not the useless office of president that had helped nobody

It does matter. Would we be talking about ruga if Buhari was not Preaident? During Jonathan the clueless outsourced maritime security to private ex-militants to patrol coastal waters against external aggression. Can you imagine...

It matters a lot who is in power, we are in a "ethnocracy", not democracy!
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by DeHitMan450: 5:28pm On Oct 19, 2019
MrHyde:

Why is this? Does this not justify the agitation due to marginalization?
My friend,what maginalisation do you mean?Nobody stops the south east from presenting a candidate in an election.You people boast of being economically competitive,so Nigerians are saying that you people should also be politically competitive,is that TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by LabDNA: 7:14pm On Oct 19, 2019
Igbos in APC must start asserting themselves and start gearing up to contest the presidential ticket in that party.

Ohaneze should stop fooling themselves start creating awareness. Buy up airtime on TV, radio, billboards and start selling the SE presidency project.

Before 2011, AIT, Raypower, guardian l, Silverbird drummed up support for SS. I remember travelling on ore and saw a billboard saying
'Sw done get presidency, North done get presidency, SS never get even though na dem dey lay eggs for Nigeria'
The campaign was everywhere. Ohaneze should go back and learn.
Call a meeting with all Eastern-owned and Eastern-friendly media outlets, engage them a start a compelling campaign. Forget the naysayers and just do it.

Vanguard, Arise TV, Authority, Sun news, AIT, daily independent, Silverbird etc, all have the ears of Nigerians.
Call these people together, engage them and start the compelling compelling campaign to ready the minds of the country for an Eastern presidency.

Leadership is not wearing Ishiagu and redcaps all over the place and claiming to represent a people, yet you can't proffer solutions to their problems.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MrHyde: 9:45pm On Oct 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Each ethnic group has its list of grievances on that aspect.

Here are few of Yorubas. Everything in Yorubaland is about orderliness and authority. This is how we maintain expectations in behaviorals and manneisms. In every Yoruba domain and institution there will always be a heirarchy and a mandate. Those who fail to comply are viewed as anti-culture....disorderly and disharmonious.

1. Market and Iyaloja issue.
There is a authority, an heirarchy and a mandate.

Igbos in Yorubaland rebel against it. They will setup a parallel authority to circumvent the Iyaloja Council.

2. Sacred days with curfew, whether in observation of deity worship or the mourning of a passing monarch.
There is a authority and a mandate.

Igbos dont respect it and repeatedly violate the order....some even calling it archaic, not recognising that Sunday is set aside for exactly same reason and they do not fail to observe it in their life....with good spirit.

3. Yoruba Oba is the sole authority in his domain, no competition.
These dynasties are older than the German dynastic thrones....the oldest and root of all present monarchies in Europe. Yoruba dynasties have authority that surpasses the authority of the Nigerian President or its constitution.

Igbos dont respect Yoruba monarchies and its institutions. They appoint Ezes who hold themselves as absolute power and even will challenge an Oba's authority. Example - Isolo, Akure, Lagos.

Its a long list...
Ok,I have a better understanding, but you will agree with me that if it's not written it is not binding, why don't the west promulgate laws that make such contrary acts illegal, making it clear and sustainable.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MrHyde: 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Igbo man as president? After insulting my tribe, insult our king and elders, laugh at us and you expect me to cast my vote? grin

Well I believe there is no tribe that has not insulted the other since 1960, it is only fair that we give the igbos the opportunity to lead too.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by godox2(m): 10:13pm On Oct 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:
If PDP thought it could win a National election with Igbo as its flag bearer it would long ago have put an Igbo man forward. APC does not believe so either, judging by the hatred for it in Igboland. These two parties hold influence to address Igbo aspiration.

Over the years, and even as recent as this week evident in Abaribe's speech infront of his brothers in US, Igbo continues to tell the rest of the country that the development of Nigeria is its credit. The Igbo ambition and rush for recognition is an anti-culture that turn others off and without exception every other ethnic group, major or minor, remote or next door are irritated by Igbo's disruption and disrespect. There is fear that what Igbo represent locally in every community it is in will be multiplied and magnified many fold when the reins of national power is given to them.

Igbo wants Presidency, but Igbo is not ready to act and behave Presidential. There is a hurdle Igbo must first cross before it should ask for Presidency. Before you ask others to do what you want first do what they have asked of you for decades and you ignore, with pride.

Other ethnic groups have asked you continously for decades that regardless of what Nigerian Constitution says about citizenship each land is a sacred ground with its dos and donts and you should not desecrate their culture, their land and their people. When are you going to do what they've asked of you? This is at the root of why many of your neighbours and those who are not your neighbors reject you as a choice to this point.
No party hates any section of the country. When politicians were busy forming APC, the Igbos hates the party with passion, they avoided the party like ebola. They label the party islamic party, they call Rochas, Keneth Okwonkwo, Fr Mbaka and others names. Now Igbo want to be President, under which party? APC is not ready to loose 2023, and giving its ticket to Igbo is sucidal. In PDPs 16 years of leadership igbo man did not smell vice president not to talk of president. Do you think PDP will gamble? No! If care is not taken the next president will come from the North, if Tinubu refused to support Osinbajo or Fayemi. As for Igbo presidency may be 2031 or 2039 that is if they learnt not to put their eggs in one basket and eschew politics of hatred. Kingsley Moghalu of YPP would have make a good president but the party is still infant.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MrHyde: 10:24pm On Oct 19, 2019
DeHitMan450:

My friend,what maginalisation do you mean?Nobody stops the south east from presenting a candidate in an election.You people boast of being economically competitive,so Nigerians are saying that you people should also be politically competitive,is that TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?
If you listen to all the statements spoken in your journey,you will not get to your destination.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MrHyde: 10:30pm On Oct 19, 2019
LabDNA:
Igbos in APC must start asserting themselves and start gearing up to contest the presidential ticket in that party.

Ohaneze should stop fooling themselves start creating awareness. Buy up airtime on TV, radio, billboards and start selling the SE presidency project.

Before 2011, AIT, Raypower, guardian l, Silverbird drummed up support for SS. I remember travelling on ore and saw a billboard saying
'Sw done get presidency, North done get presidency, SS never get even though na dem dey lay eggs for Nigeria'
The campaign was everywhere. Ohaneze should go back and learn.
Call a meeting with all Eastern-owned and Eastern-friendly media outlets, engage them a start a compelling campaign. Forget the naysayers and just do it.

Vanguard, Arise TV, Authority, Sun news, AIT, daily independent, Silverbird etc, all have the ears of Nigerians.
Call these people together, engage them and start the compelling compelling campaign to ready the minds of the country for an Eastern presidency.

Leadership is not wearing Ishiagu and redcaps all over the place and claiming to represent a people, yet you can't proffer solutions to their problems.

I completely agree with this strategy, the east needs to unite and drum up support.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MrHyde: 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2019
DeHitMan450:

Yes it is, the east does not have the acclaimed population to single handedly sway the election results to their favour so they need other geopolitical regions.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by richie240: 10:39pm On Oct 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:

I can tell an Igbo in twitter just by words and phrases, dont need to see name or picture. grin

"Domination"
"Supreme"
"Storm"
"Fearless"

add 2 d mix: "zoo/zoogeria", "we are watching", "shithole country", "lifeless", "we Yorubas/we Hausas", one clown even said "us fulanis from d north" (laff nearly kee me dt day) grin

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by richie240: 10:57pm On Oct 19, 2019
godox2:

No party hates any section of the country. When politicians were busy forming APC, the Igbos hates the party with passion, they avoided the party like ebola. They label the party islamic party, they call Rochas, Keneth Okwonkwo, Fr Mbaka and others names. Now Igbo want to be President, under which party? APC is not ready to loose 2023, and giving its ticket to Igbo is sucidal. In PDPs 16 years of leadership igbo man did not smell vice president not to talk of president. Do you think PDP will gamble? No! If care is not taken the next president will come from the North, if Tinubu refused to support Osinbajo or Fayemi. As for Igbo presidency may be 2031 or 2039 that is if they learnt not to put their eggs in one basket and eschew politics of hatred. Kingsley Moghalu of YPP would have make a good president but the party is still infant.
2019 would've/shd've been d year had d north bn allowed to complete late prez yaradua's 2nd term in 2015 instead of pushing gej to contest in 2015 thereby scuttling d pdp's gentleman agreement on rotational presidency.
Had the strong headed lots allowed d north complete d 2nd term which would've elapsed by 2019, d presidency, based on d zoning formula, would've shifted south once again and it would've been theirs on a platter.
As one wiseman once said, "as a man lays his bed so does he lie on it"

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:37am On Oct 20, 2019
They should wait till 2027.....ex president Jonathan spoil the gentleman zoning agreement when he fail to adhere to the one term he promise northern leaders and emits after the death of his boss....
if we are fair, northrulljng for 2023 til 2027 will balnce their an ratio and the whole world will now say south east rule from hence.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by Kpoikpoi: 1:32am On Oct 20, 2019
MrHyde:
I just read the Vatsa's statement, Igbo Presidency being a right and not a privilege and it got me thinking on the possibilities and strategies;
Well I align with vatsa on this. For a 2023 igbo presidency, I believe consultations and strategies have to start in earnest; personally I think Peter Obi, Orji Uzor Kalu, Rochas Okorocha are candidates with a winning chance. I also believe the Igbo nation will have to put up a United front and form alliances with other geo political regions.
Kindly share your thoughts.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by Kpoikpoi: 1:34am On Oct 20, 2019
Why do we always talk about Igbo presidency?
How come nobody is talking about Ibibio presidency?
We the Ibibios are now the biggest producers of oil in Nigeria but we have never ruled this country.
What do Igbos contribute to Nigeria?
Nonsense.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by GMbuharii: 3:32am On Oct 20, 2019
MetaPhysical:

The class of Igbos eligible for Presidency have voiced their preference. They choosed ONE NIGERIA over Biafra. Those clamoring for Biafra are ineligible for the Presidency anyway....and their voice is not the Igbo mainstream.

Once your mainstream want Biafra Metaphysical will become an Nwafor and paint my car in Biafran colors. grin grin

CHOOSED!!!!!

OJIGBIJIGBIJIGBI!!!!!!! CHOOSED Kwa!!!

What a model nepa bill degree holder!!!

What a gargantuan illiterate!!!!
BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAA....
grin grin grin grin

lzaa immhotep bastardmod adaibeku greenback

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by Nobody: 3:43am On Oct 20, 2019
GMbuharii:

CHOOSED!!!!!

grin grin grin grin

lzaa helinues bastardmod adaibeku greenback
Metaphysical was inspired by the Daura dvllard grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MetaPhysical: 8:37am On Oct 20, 2019
GMbuharii:

CHOOSED!!!!!

grin grin grin grin

lzaa immhotep bastardmod adaibeku greenback

Dr Lugard,
We are all infected, are we not? grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MetaPhysical: 8:38am On Oct 20, 2019
immhotep:

Metaphysical was inspired by the Daura dvllard grin

grin
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MrHyde: 9:03am On Oct 20, 2019
Kpoikpoi:
Why do we always talk about Igbo presidency?
How come nobody is talking about Ibibio presidency?
We the Ibibios are now the biggest producers of oil in Nigeria but we have never ruled this country.
What do Igbos contribute to Nigeria?
Nonsense.
There are 6 geo political regions in Nigeria, how roles are rotated within the geo political regions should be decided by the regions themselves.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MetaPhysical: 9:20am On Oct 20, 2019
MrHyde:

Ok,I have a better understanding, but you will agree with me that if it's not written it is not binding, why don't the west promulgate laws that make such contrary acts illegal, making it clear and sustainable.

Our people dont need laws to follow authority or comply with the mandates. Why should we make laws for foreigners to bring them into compliance? Thats a dangerous territory. If we enact codes to make non compliance an offense for foreigners, guess what else we will be making law to do? ...we could use the law to target and profile them for discriminatory practices.....and that will really be opposite of our love for diversity. Not good!
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by GMbuharii: 9:39am On Oct 20, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Dr Lugard,
We are all infected, are we not? grin

Sifia pains lolsssssss...
grin grin

Auto correct turned or to it. Now tell us how auto correct turned CHOSE/CHOSEN to CHOOSED!!!!!

What a gargantuan illiterate!!!! grin grin grin

Lzaa immhotep bastardmod adaibeku greenback

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MrHyde: 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Our people dont need laws to follow authority or comply with the mandates. Why should we make laws for foreigners to bring them into compliance? Thats a dangerous territory. If we enact codes to make non compliance an offense for foreigners, guess what else we will be making law to do? ...we could use the law to target and profile them for discriminatory practices.....and that will really be opposite of our love for diversity. Not good!

Truth is without laws, we cannot hold people accountable, and the laws cannot be targeted towards certain tribes or religion, it should bind all. We can't assume that people will align to unwritten laws (traditional laws) of the land.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MetaPhysical: 6:07pm On Oct 20, 2019
MrHyde:

Truth is without laws, we cannot hold people accountable, and the laws cannot be targeted towards certain tribes or religion, it should bind all. We can't assume that people will align to unwritten laws (traditional laws) of the land.

Customary laws do exist. The problem with Yoruba is our mainstreaming of knowledge flow is no longer native....Western ideals and philosophies have taken priority in our social orgarnization and we seek solutions in constitutional and civil law for challenges that truly need customary and native sense to address. All the issues of culture and traditional Yoruba social structure, its customs and rituals are addressed already in Customary Laws. We pushed it to back burner....we dont even have police trained in its enforcement to begin with. This is why people behave any kind of way and get away with a lot of crimes and offenses that go against the ethos of Yorubaland.

Mr Hyde, lets not derail thread. Return to thread focus. Open new topic if you want discuss Yoruba. grin
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MetaPhysical: 6:38pm On Oct 20, 2019
GMbuharii:

Sifia pains lolsssssss...
grin grin

Auto correct turned or to it. Now tell us how auto correct turned CHOSE/CHOSEN to CHOOSED!!!!!

What a gargantuan illiterate!!!! grin grin grin

Lzaa immhotep bastardmod adaibeku greenback

Military exercises is my focus, not your misspellings, even though that is inexcusable as well if you are to police grammatical errors on web.

It should be military exercise in that context. The exercise is same, the template is uniform....it is SINGULAR!....the name changes in different locality. So it cannot be "exercises"....but military exercise in the manner you composed it.

The use of "Military exercises" would have to be contextualized and written in a different sense, not in the manner your's was written.

Olodo, trying to be smarter than Lugard but turned out to be Jonathan. grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by GMbuharii: 9:21pm On Oct 20, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Military exercises is my focus, not your misspellings, even though that is inexcusable as well if you are to police grammatical errors on web.

It should be military exercise in that context. The exercise is same, the template is uniform....it is SINGULAR!....the name changes in different locality. So it cannot be "exercises"....but military exercise in the manner you composed it.

The use of "Military exercises" would have to be contextualized and written in a different sense, not in the manner your's was written.

Olodo, trying to be smarter than Lugard but turned out to be Jonathan. grin

Painment o lolsssssss grin grin grin

See preaching BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAA......
grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MrHyde: 8:21am On Oct 21, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Customary laws do exist. The problem with Yoruba is our mainstreaming of knowledge flow is no longer native....Western ideals and philosophies have taken priority in our social orgarnization and we seek solutions in constitutional and civil law for challenges that truly need customary and native sense to address. All the issues of culture and traditional Yoruba social structure, its customs and rituals are addressed already in Customary Laws. We pushed it to back burner....we dont even have police trained in its enforcement to begin with. This is why people behave any kind of way and get away with a lot of crimes and offenses that go against the ethos of Yorubaland.

Mr Hyde, lets not derail thread. Return to thread focus. Open new topic if you want discuss Yoruba. grin

So the problem is not the foreigners, it is the non enforcement of already laid down laws that has caused the breach, you see the ball comes back to the host.
We haven't derailed the thread, we are only exploring reasons other tribes won't push an Igbo Presidency in 2023.
In my honest opinion, I believe the Igbo nation have a lot of work to do if they really want to actualize this dream and not just pay lip service.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MetaPhysical: 9:27am On Oct 21, 2019
MrHyde:

So the problem is not the foreigners, it is the non enforcement of already laid down laws that has caused the breach, you see the ball comes back to the host.
We haven't derailed the thread, we are only exploring reasons other tribes won't push an Igbo Presidency in 2023.
In my honest opinion, I believe the Igbo nation have a lot of work to do if they really want to actualize this dream and not just pay lip service.

I already highlighted for you examples of what we view as rebellion and culture-unfriendly. Do Yoruba in SE need reminders to respect host? Do they need reminders in North to respect hosts? No!

It is redundant to expect Yoruba to put its customs and social norms on banners warning people dos and donts of social living in SW.

We heard of some children kidnapped in Kano and trafficked in SE. How do people not know that such acts are socially disharmonious? Kidnap in your own region. When you go to a foreign land do not kidnap. When you go back to your home feel free to return to kidnapping.

Are you saying such expectations of communal interaction need to be taught?

Sorry, Yoruba does not want our people in North or East to be taught anything....we are already taught charity and practiced it before leaving home. It remains with us while we sojourn with you in your towns and cities.

This is what we expect of others coming to live with us.

Igbo do not have what it takes to secure 2023 presidency. They have clearly indicated they are not interested in a competition, they are looking for it to be gifted.....which would never happen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries / El-rufai’s Utterances Fueling Southern Kaduna Crisis – Babachir Lawal / And When You Taught You Have Seen It All In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.