Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure (63303 Views)

Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us ....Ghana Trade Minister / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure / Buhari Receives Trade Union Leaders In Aso Rock (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Alamkir: 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2019
E pain them....... Now they will all know how important we are in Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Barzinime(m): 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2019
Its Tema and Alimosho Local Govt

Just30:
Lagos should be comparing itself with Tema

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by MrGerald(m): 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2019
That your rice that gums and causes cancer? Nigerians in Ghana don't like or eat them, they are mostly plastic so you better stop eating them.
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Iriruaga100(m): 2:50pm On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
there is no church activity going on at Accra mall

i was there this morning

Accra mall host events at it forecourt every Saturday and Sunday

There is low economic activities at the mall, the very reason why churches own space at Accra mall. Almost all foreign outlet are folding up at the mall..
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by MrGerald(m): 2:50pm On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:
Do you think Ghana have your time to be exporting rice to your country. We're having the same issue when government spends more than 1 billion dollars a year to import rice into our country for consumption. Do you realize we are the 2nd largest consumers,market and economy in West Africa and our consumption alone is a huge chunk on our foreign exchange. We have a population of 30 million and a GDP Purchasing power of almost 200 billion dollars. Did you see me telling you Nigeria exports goods worth 306 million dollars to Ghana in 2018 alone.Our exports to Nigeria is just 80 million dollars. Togo exploits us due to their free port just like Benin does to you.We have the same issues.Our exports to Nigeria is mostly Nigerian companies who relocated to Ghana and use the ECOWAS free trade route to export some of their goods to your market. We both loose if we start a trade war buh Nigeria loses badly. That's why your government have agreed with Ghana to open a temporary corridor for Ghanaian trucks to enter and leave Nigeria amidst the border closure .GUTA still refused for that and wants a ban of Nigerian goods and traders in Ghana. Our rice is even very different from yours and you will never find your type of rice in Ghana. Our rice cooks in just 20 minutes.
That your rice that gums and causes cancer? Nigerians in Ghana don't like or eat them, they are mostly plastic so you better stop eating them.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by donvicky2007: 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
erico2k2:

have you been to the Nothern Border?cos you are all gassing on the SW border in Lagos, have you seen the border up North West??aS WE SPEAK rICE ARE BEING IMPORTED VIS CONTAINERS

That's a capital LIE, the only open land border is the North-east border and the reason of leaving the border open is bc of the fight against insurgency.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by gidjah(m): 3:10pm On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
Ghana have passed through all those troubles and we managed to solve all of them

Ghanaians are very hard working people and they are not as lazy as you Nigerians
the international community knows Nigerians are lazy.

that should help you readjust your thinking and solve your laziness problem
I know you must be so so ignorant when it comes to economics indices, so I give up here !!, you are only ready to attack but unfortunately , I do not know how to

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:27pm On Oct 20, 2019
Tetehjewels:

When a whole countrys agric sector and soap/pomade industry are dumped in Ghana as you claim then this means you are noise makers who cannot even produce soap and pomade of your own. The only thing you export as a country is Tourism and not products

Ghana is not an ideal tourist destination please. What is there to see bro ?
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by McPolomy(m): 3:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
��è gbami!!!
"a b'arindin l'eleyiì ni"�

*Confused*�

Why do you choose not to learn?....
read between the lines that NIGERIA is no way a match for GHANA in "trade war", not even after series of logical and analytical comments, I see you've deliberately refused to heed the truth not minding the stress many Nigerians like me went through in educating you for free. The Government of Nigeria have better things to deal with urgently to put us back on track where we rightfully belong as the real "GIANT OF AFRICA" so we can rival with "WORLD POWERS" not ranting on the internet with lowlifes like you and *"few of your fellow Countrymen" that reasons like you do".....
."do not be unfortunate today",
it's a good Sunday for me here bro.� .�

Just30:
dont say we did not warn you

your economy is heading back into recession and bankruptcy is shortly ahead of you.

Your economy is highly dependent on Ghana for purchases
there is an oversupply in all your highest export commodities

if Ghana stop importing crude and gas from your country, your economy will head into recession

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Kennyswagz1(m): 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2019
obidark:

what the hell are you talkin about....??

it could be,i have some yoruba dna in me,heck it could be many igbos have some yoruba dna in them too....!!
i saw alot of igbos that look somehow yoruba....but they identifie themselves as igbos....!!

soo,stop the crap....!!
that idiot is high on ewedu
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Afamed: 3:37pm On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
You think Ghana is useless like Nigeria where every week, there is fuel shortage

grin grin grin grin grin grin

how dumb can you be

when was the last time you heard of fuel shortage in Ghana?

we produce 80% to 90 % of our own diesel and petrol oo
You this Asetu boy with empty threat

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Basher8583: 3:45pm On Oct 20, 2019
Beremx:
you're not starving because you have. What of your fellow northerners who are massively hungry? You care less. People like you are the reason the north is impoverished because you hate to say things as they are.

I don't understand. Are you the one starving the Northerners. Why are you speaking for us.
Please speak for yourself and your tribe. No on is complaining here.
Smuggler

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Vicilo(m): 3:47pm On Oct 20, 2019
Afamed:

This is a great opportunity for us to grow our local productions. For how long should Nigeria be a dumping site? At this 21 century, you have to rely on importation of Rice, Turkey and Pine Apple. How do we develop if we simply can't produce what we want to eat ? How do we reduce unemployment when virtually 100% of our consumptions are imported? My Brother we definitely have to start from somewhere. We have the very reach fertile soil with over 923,990 land mass.

Oga d only reasonable way to achieve this is to create favourable environment for the farmers to strive, when that is done, d produce becomes sufficient, cheaper, affordable and better quality and will monopolize d market.
In this case, we don't have enough rice to feed our nation and border is already closed, d Masses are left to suffer.
Ask Buhari how many made in Nigeria product those he patronize? All d vehicles presidency use in Aso Rock is either Honda, Toyota, Benz, ford etc, y those he patronize foreign hospitals, his shoes are Gucci made and d wife's bag.
If the have d interest of this country at hart. They should reduce senators monthly net pay from over 25milliin to 3million, cut down on all extravagant spending by d govt
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by thinksense: 3:59pm On Oct 20, 2019
next Na south Africans we are done with West Africa. by grace of God next 3yrs South Africa will be history

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Just30: 4:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
MrGerald:
hehehe grin grin grin grin

i heard Nigerian rice feels like rock in the mounth
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by pharmagba: 4:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
it is not hate

your country is just not attractive to us for anything
So ironic and full of condradictions.
Then why is closing OUR BORDERS, mind you not YOURS , now being so so attractive

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Adegboladedayo: 4:02pm On Oct 20, 2019
God bless Nigeria, God bless my president.
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:04pm On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
who is shatta bandit ?

A typical Ghanaian; dwarfish and senseless. Before now,I thought dwarfism only affects your physical size in Ghana but when you showed up here, I realise that it is a mental condition as well over there.

Kpele smelly banku eating morons.
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Adegboladedayo: 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2019
Vicilo:

Oga d only reasonable way to achieve this is to create favourable environment for the farmers to strive, when that is done, d produce becomes sufficient, cheaper, affordable and better quality and will monopolize d market.
In this case, we don't have enough rice to feed our nation and border is already closed, d Masses are left to suffer.
Ask Buhari how many made in Nigeria product those he patronize? All d vehicles presidency use in Aso Rock is either Honda, Toyota, Benz, ford etc, y those he patronize foreign hospitals, his shoes are Gucci made and d wife's bag.
If the have d interest of this country at hart. They should reduce senators monthly net pay from over 25milliin to 3million, cut down on all extravagant spending by d govt
Well said but let start from somewhere. His action cant satisfy everyone. And you too should contribute ur quota we're over dependent in this part of the world. Look for 1or 2 plot of land to plant something for ursef and family. If everybody can start doing something we wil be better of
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by pokuasi: 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2019
stagger:

Nigeria has not had a fuel shortage in three years. And we pay the equivalent of 2.17 GHS per litre, not like the crazy 5.35 or 5.4GHS per litre that is forcing everyone to use all those tiny 1.0 l capacity engine cars. Be enlightened.
did that clown say he produce his own diesel? Does ghana of today, have a functioning refinary.. let him talk so I can expose him now
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by pokuasi: 4:14pm On Oct 20, 2019
OROSUNBOLB:

A typical Ghanaian; dwarfish and senseless. Before now,I thought dwarfism only affects your physical size in Ghana but when you showed up here, I realise that it is a mental condition as well over there.

Kpele smelly banku eating morons.
They're human prototypes with brain animals will glad reject.. the look like apes physical and are apes mentally

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Legendguru: 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obi58: 4:19pm On Oct 20, 2019
RTSC:

Ghana does not have a better infrastructure than Nigeria.
Stop talking nonsense.
They have a small country and it is nothing special.

They don't even a decent rail to cover their small country.

Let's not be sentimental about this...

Ghana has better public institutions be it schools, hospitals, roads, electricity, standard of living etc than Nigeria. Back in the day, Ghanaians used to come to Nigeria in search of a better life and jobs but now we send our children over to Ghana for university education. Why?because their standard is much higher than ours and there are no such things are strike and cultism

I'm Nigerian but it's the truth.

If we tackle corruption our institutions will be better then we can start to fulfil our potential. Just the simple truth.
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by pokuasi: 4:20pm On Oct 20, 2019
Iriruaga100:

They can only boast of kwame Nkrumah circle, that's the only better infrastructure in Accra. A country with one functional rail line want to compete with Nigeria. The rail line is like from effurun roundabout to sapele.
one functioning rail line key.. just one train..

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by pokuasi: 4:36pm On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
smuggle goods do not pass through Ghana

as everyone knows, Ghana is an expensive place to live
Ghana tax everything that flys or walk .

so if your government is targetting smuggling, it should look within and fix it problems and stop picking a new problem with a country it cant compete with.
you see why you should treat a Ghanaian for what he is - brainless.. now, NIGERIA can't compete with an insignificant country in Anglophone West Africa, not to talk of entire sub region.. please, who in West Africa takes ghana seriously when is comes to conflict resolution or any issue that affect west Africa?? Just one inconsequential country that have become a stooge in the grand scheme of things..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
obi58:

Let's not be sentimental about this...

Ghana has better public institutions be it schools, hospitals, roads, electricity, standard of living etc than Nigeria. Back in the day, Ghanaians used to come to Nigeria in search of a better life and jobs but now we send our children over to Ghana for university education. Why?because their standard is much higher than ours and there are no such things are strike and cultism

I'm Nigerian but it's the truth.

If we tackle corruption our institutions will be better then we can start to fulfil our potential. Just the simple truth.

You are not a Nigerian if you consider Ghana better than Nigeria in any sense. You are nothing but a shameless mole pretending to be a Nigerian. How on earth would Osogbo look better developed than Ikeja ? Except in your myopic eyes !
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
pokuasi:
you see why you should treat a Ghanaian for what he is - brainless.. now, NIGERIA can't compete with an insignificant country in Anglophone West Africa, not to talk of entire sub region.. please, who in West Africa takes ghana seriously when is comes to conflict resolution or any issue that affect west Africa?? Just one inconsequential country that have become a stooge in the grand scheme of things..

That Ghanaian f000l needs education truly.
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Phobia1: 5:05pm On Oct 20, 2019
zuchyblink:
As Nigeria’s land border closure bites West African countries, the Ghana Union of Traders Association (GUTA) has called for a total boycott of all Nigerian products imported by Ghana.
The move, the traders union believes, will force the Nigerian government to open up its land borders for foreign goods. Nigeria partially shut its borders since August.
According to Ghanaweb.com, Greater Accra Regional Secretary of GUTA, David Kwadwo Amoateng on Adom FM’s morning show, Dwaso Nsem, Friday said the Nigerian government has not been fair to foreign traders.
In return, he expects the Ghana government to prevent Nigerian traders from bringing goods into Ghana, but that plea has fallen on deaf ears.
“Either somebody’s bread has been buttered or we are cowards. Government is not being fair to us,” he fumed.
Mr Amoateng cited how Dangote cement had taken over the market while local ones from GHACEM are suffering.
“Let’s boycott Nigerian products as payback to their government’s action. How can we be slaves in our own country?” he said.
Mr Amoateng argued that the issue, if not checked, could hamper the Continental Free Trade Area.
Ghana’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration has appealed to Ghanaian traders to remain calm as it works with the Nigerian authorities to ease its ban on the exportation of Non-traditional products.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/10/19/border-closure-ghana-traders-union-calls-for-boycott-of-nigerian-products/amp/
Lol see pain o. If dangote was snuggling his cement to your country then it would've been an issue. Dangote cement factory is there in your country na. Bring your company/factory over here if there's any... Our border remain closed my GUTA people lol

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by benji93: 5:06pm On Oct 20, 2019
I think you need to be careful when you present some unfounded arguments here. Some of us on this forum grew up in Ghana and studied there, so we know whats up. I was brought up by a Ghanaian mother by the way. Don't come here and lie to us. On the average the cost of living/salaries are relatively higher. In terms of development, there's not much you can point to.
Just30:
do you know what averages is or equity is

that is how development is compared
please go back to school
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Phobia1: 5:11pm On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

When Ghana locked just 400 Nigerian shops in a town in Kumasi alone,your government and trade unions were organizing protest at the ECOWAS office crying xenophobia and free trade buh you're here shouting Giant of Africa because you have unilaterally closed your borders to starve yourselves to death. GUTA had always hated you since Kwame Nkrumah and you have foolishly gave them a chance to eliminate you from Ghana. For your information millions of Nigerians live in Ghana and do trade of imports and exports. GUTA was the one who locked all your shops in Kumasi. Now tell me,Ghana exports goods worth just 80 million dollars to Nigeria for a country who exports 17 billion dollars worth of goods outside, less than 0.5% goes to Nigeria buh Nigeria exports goods worth 303 million dollars to Ghana in a year.If Ghana bans your goods,tell me who loses more.The minister is just a diplomat who knows how ugly it will be if Ghana retaliates so she's going diplomatic first to tell you to comply ECOWAS protocols .Warning to your country if you refuse her diplomatic settlement. Ghana never needs Nigeria.
Anayeee forget that. Fuvk d millions of shi. Who e don epp since? It is our border and we can do whatsoever we wanted with it. Let them do their worst. If Nigerians there can't cope anymore they should come back and let's build our own country sef together . All die na die
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Phobia1: 5:13pm On Oct 20, 2019
Afamed:

Keep quiet. Nigeria is not a dumping site. No one has stopped other African countries from bringing in their goods and services to Nigeria. If you have geneiune products, bring them in through the appropriate channels. You can't import Rice from Thailand to Ghana and Benin and later smuggle same goods into Nigeria. Channels your goods and services through appropriate route. No to Smuggling
And if aeroplane too cistt, they should try waterways . Our port dey open. Let's make it more congested lol
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by executive12: 5:14pm On Oct 20, 2019
These fools want to start a war they will obviously lose. Nigeria is the biggest market in West Africa.
If Nigeria responds in kind, and bans made in Ghana products, Ghana will be screwed. I wonder how many made in Nigeria products are being sold in the small Ghanaian market.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (33) (Reply)

Operation Second Eleven: Nigerian Army Prepares For Lockdown Over Coronavirus / Thugs That Stole Senate Mace Arrested, Placed In Handcuffs. Photos / Before We Forget History: Tinubu CV Vs Saraki CV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.