Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Audi Vs Mercedes - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Audi Vs Mercedes (3471 Views)

Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics / Lexus Or Mercedes? 2008 Lexus IS 250 Vs Mercedes Benz C300 Comparison / Liberty Walk Body-kitted Suzuki Jimny SUV VS Mercedes-benz G-wagon:see The Diff. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by KINGreignn: 6:39pm On Oct 21, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Izz that all? I have an Audi and I don't feel that way. Ordinary thermostat replacement is a serious job....that requires the removal of the intake manifold... Who does that? Don't provoke me sir.

Ancient of days ...
As old as you are...
As old as you are...

If you know this praise and worship song you know lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 21, 2019
KINGreignn:

Ancient of days ...
As old as you are...
As old as you are...

If you know this praise and worship song you know lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

What about the song? Care to explain further?
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:58pm On Oct 21, 2019
Smartchoiice:

What about the song? Care to explain further?

Your Audi belongs in the 90's.
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Your Audi belongs in the 90's.
What does he know? My Audi is far more modern than his truck
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by KINGreignn: 7:43pm On Oct 21, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Haha haha haha haha

Don't make me laugh!
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by KINGreignn: 7:46pm On Oct 21, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Haha haha haha haha

Don't make me laugh!
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 21, 2019
[quote author=KINGreignn post=83343748][/quote]
Quit joking
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 21, 2019
KINGreignn:

Haha haha haha haha

Don't make me laugh!

Lexus is apparently more reliable, not too much, but just enough. The most important thing when deciding between any two vehicles should always be safety, both passive and active. In this case though, it seems that both cars show similar levels of passenger protection all together, so that won't break a tie. But one thing that actually could is the performance, with Lexus offering somewhat better performance, just enough to call it quicker. It does come at a cost though, and that's the fuel consumption... It's not difficult to say then that if I'd need to make a choice, it would definitely be the Audi. Anyway, that's the most objective conclusion
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by ksmart027(m): 9:59pm On Oct 21, 2019
The thing is that benz is being overated, i had an argument with friend and he was telling me that a mercedez benz c230k will dust lexus es350. I was just smh.
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:59pm On Oct 21, 2019
ksmart027:
The thing is that benz is being overated, i had an argument with friend and he was telling me that a mercedez benz c230k will dust lexus es350. I was just smh.

Lol, all those Benz people no dey ever gree.
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Neroiam(m): 10:02pm On Oct 21, 2019
ksmart027:

Haba!!. That's unfair! ..Lx es350 should be on a par with Benz c300 ..and not c230
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by DownChelsea(f): 10:04pm On Oct 21, 2019
Neroiam:

Haba!!. That's unfair! ..Lx es350 should be on a par with Benz c300 ..and not c230
lexus es is in the same category with mercedes e class. C class is below its league.
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Neroiam(m): 10:11pm On Oct 21, 2019
DownChelsea:
lexus es is in the same category with mercedes e class. C class is below its league.
Still dependent on the model. Lower es like 300 don't match up
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by DownChelsea(f): 10:13pm On Oct 21, 2019
Neroiam:

Still dependent on the model.
trim and year. However the entry level of both are not mates. The fully loaded options of both of them are not mates, either. (Lexus es and Mercedes c class)
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Neroiam(m): 10:14pm On Oct 21, 2019
DownChelsea:
trim and year. However the entry level of both are not mates. The fully loaded options of both of them are not mates, either. (Lexus es and Mercedes c class)
as vied with?
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by ksmart027(m): 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2019
Neroiam:

To him, anything benz is faster no matter the model.
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by ksmart027(m): 10:32pm On Oct 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, all those Benz people no dey ever gree.

I just let the matter be because no matter how you try to educate him, he is not interested to learn.
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by DownChelsea(f): 10:36pm On Oct 21, 2019
ksmart027:
To him, anything benz is faster no matter the model.
what charm did benz use on people? The most expensive car is not a benz, the most reliable car is not a benz, the most luxurious car is not a benz, the fastest car is not a benz, the most beautiful car is not a benz? Why then do people act like benz is aston martin or rolls royce or lambo?

7 Likes

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:37pm On Oct 21, 2019
DownChelsea:

Actually, no.

E Class competes with GS.
C Class competes with IS.
S Class competes with LS.

ES is a fancy Camry for lower management staff.

1 Like

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:38pm On Oct 21, 2019
DownChelsea:
what charm did benz use on people? The most expensive car is not a benz, the most reliable car is not a benz, the most luxurious car is not a benz, the fastest car is not a benz, the most beautiful car is not a benz? Why then do people act like benz is aston martin or rolls royce or lambo?
Good marketing.
Great heritage.

Also helps that Mercedes Benz actually makes great cars, though. Not the best at anything but great at most things.

1 Like

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by ksmart027(m): 10:41pm On Oct 21, 2019
DownChelsea:
Bro i think is just a nigeria thing. The are not ready to make research.
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by DownChelsea(f): 10:42pm On Oct 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Actually, no.

E Class competes with GS.
C Class competes with IS.
S Class competes with LS.

ES is a fancy Camry for lower management staff.
if ES had any competition in the Mercedes lineup, it is still the E class. Lexus makes two midsize sedans. The GS and the ES, the GS is the better of the two so it generally represents lexus in the midsize category. But it doesn’t mean that the ES is reduced to a C class or IS competition. Naaaa!
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:50pm On Oct 21, 2019
DownChelsea:
if ES had any competition in the Mercedes lineup, it is still the E class. Lexus makes two midsize sedans. The GS and the ES, the GS is the better of the two so it generally represents lexus in the midsize category. But it doesn’t mean that the ES is reduced to a C class or IS competition. Naaaa!

I just told you what the ES is. It's in no way an E Class competitor. A fancy Camry is exactly what it is.

There's a reason why it's the FWD sedan that doesn't use the 2GR-FSE.
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by DownChelsea(f): 11:00pm On Oct 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

I just told you what the ES is. It's in no way an E Class competitor. A fancy Camry is exactly what it is.

There's a reason why it's the FWD sedan that doesn't use the 2GR-FSE.
it is an e class competitor. The es is not a fancy camry. The es is too upscale for a camry. If you say Avalon, I may take you more seriously. The es cannot be a fancy camry when even avalons with “limited” trim still don’t match the es.

1 Like

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:03pm On Oct 21, 2019
DownChelsea:
it is an e class competitor. The es is not a fancy camry. The es is too upscale for a camry. If you say Avalon, I may take you more seriously. The es cannot be a fancy camry when even avalons with “limited” trim still don’t match the es.

If you say so.

1 Like

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by mejai(m): 11:16pm On Oct 21, 2019
DownChelsea:
And why do people or auto makers always want to compete with Benz?
Benz is spiritual!!!

1 Like

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by DownChelsea(f): 11:21pm On Oct 21, 2019
mejai:

And why do people or auto makers always want to compete with Benz?
Benz is spiritual!!!
every auto maker competes with eachoda. Benz competes with lexus, acura, bmw, lincoln, porshe, audi, tesla, cadilac, e.t.c as luxury brands
Same way Honda competes with mazda, ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, volkswagen, as mainstream brands. They all compete.
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by 9icetoo(m): 7:50am On Oct 22, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

That's funny. Let's compare 0-60 numbers.
Audi Rs5: 3.7s
AMG C63s: 3.7s

Both are equal stock, even though the Merc has way more torque and power. The Audi is also far more tunable, though.

Audi RS6: 3.6s
E63s: 3.0s

E63s is faster.

Mercedes' fastest car is the AMG Gt63s doing 0-60 in 2.9s.
Audi's fastest car is the R8 V10 Plus, 0-60 in 2.6s.

I have no idea how Mercedes-AMG is somehow better than Audi's performance arm.
I was about to mention the R8. Merv hasn't beat that R8 yet.

1 Like

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:00am On Oct 22, 2019
9icetoo:

I was about to mention the R8. Merv hasn't beat that R8 yet.

And it won't, seeing as the R8 is just a cheaper Lamborghini Huracan. Shame Audi is about to cancel it, though.
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by naijadrivablog: 7:54pm On Oct 22, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Izz that all? I have an Audi and I don't feel that way. Ordinary thermostat replacement is a serious job....that requires the removal of the intake manifold... Who does that? Don't provoke me sir.

Rule 2,

Anyways, Audi cars are more complex. In Most Audi Cars, mechanics have little space to work on almost any fault part on the engine bay and this resorts to removing bumpers, lights, radiator/condenser etc and this lead to high cost of maintenance.

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Eddee(m): 7:47am On Oct 24, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Absoj(m): 11:03am On Oct 24, 2019
[b][/b]
DownChelsea:
Both are nice. But Audis makes you stand out more. Cos only a car enthusiast can go for an audi or a bmw.

Audis also have a more futuristic (high-tech) appearance as well. Using an audi car makes you feel like you’re the boss in a sci-fi movie
That's when its new. If u jam Audi wahala once. U will port to Benz. Ease of Maintenance is what makes a car standout..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Car Consumes Alot / Warning To All Nairalanders: Old Licence And Plates Are Now Expired In Nigeria. / Contact For Premium Batteries In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.