Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage (80315 Views)

I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me / My Marriage Has Finally Ended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Edusouls(m): 5:34pm On Nov 07, 2019
From the way you talk I have sensed the type of woman you are from far, you are a very difficult type to love, cos you are very egocentric, hot headed and not romantic at all, I think the man got tired along the way, so you have to change now to save your home and future before it’s too late, and stop wasting ur time in naira land looking for advice, look and work on your self..quote author=merit1988 post=83307937]I got married as a young virgin...probably didnt understand what love was all about then....

I've never really felt love or being loved in my marriage..coupled with some other marriage issues..

I wear the shoes and I know where it hurts...all I need is advices on how to build my love life and not yabs pls...it's very hurtful cry[/quote]

1 Like

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Dedetwo(m): 5:35pm On Nov 07, 2019
merit1988:
I got married as a young virgin...probably didnt understand what love was all about then....

I've never really felt love or being loved in my marriage..coupled with some other marriage issues..

I wear the shoes and I know where it hurts...all I need is advices on how to build my love life and not yabs pls...it's very hurtful cry

What else do you need? You said all in the bolded then fix it.

1 Like

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by nams77: 5:36pm On Nov 07, 2019
PrincessNZ:

Healthy people love others without condition. However, they fall in love/go into relationship with condition; which can be material or immaterial as you well noted above. If the condition is immaterial, it is real love.
Like acidiosis mentioned, you prolly read too much of romantic novels. I am very sure you are not married.
Take it from me dear, love is not permanent. The frequency and intensity of the love depreciates over time due to different factors.
Most couples are bounded by duty, honor, respect or just plain companionship needs( they become used to each other's company).
Do you think that sizzling,dizzying kind of feelings still exist after several years? My dear, think again and arm yourself with these knowledge before you become disappointed with unmet expectations

2 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 07, 2019
Acidosis:

LOL Can you love someone without expecting love in return? Do you love your spouse because you just want to love him? You don't care about being loved in return? Well, that's the condition.

Yes smiley
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by faith551(m): 5:47pm On Nov 07, 2019
I've always said it, marrying a virgin is a big no in this era and generation. Don't be wayward, but take your time, experience life. So you'll have a knowledge of what options actually are

3 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by laluski(m): 5:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
merit1988:
I got married as a young virgin...probably didnt understand what love was all about then....

I wear the shoes and I know where it hurts...all I need is advices on how to build my love life and not yabs pls...it's very hurtful cry

Hello merit
How are you.i would prefer to counsel you via whatever means you want like whatsapp, Facebook or even email
I just read what you posted and am deeply touched.Am a married man and felt the need to advice you.
You also are a namesake to a lady whose like a kid sister to me.she's married too.check your email and reply

1 Like

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by chinedumoooo: 5:49pm On Nov 07, 2019
Are you circumcised.
If yes, your case is special not because of your insinuation

2 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by mhizsuzzy(f): 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2019
Ariza:
I read a thread here sometimes ago where Men were advised to marry and learn to love those who love them and only use and dump those they love.I asked how does one learn to love but my question was left unanswered, the ones who tried to answer only danced around it. No procedure or How to was provided and I laughed. How men bask judiciously in so much ignorance amuse me! They believe women learn to love so they can do it too.But only the wise one would ask how women easily divert this so called love on their children as soon as they are born neglecting the fathers. Was the love ever there?

The truth is you can never learn to love, you can only learn to appreciate.Love is not something you can create but Gratitude, you can. The misconception comes when people mix up love and gratitude. Contrary to what we see movies like a man learning to love the woman he was force to marry, No! he only learned to appreciate and live with the woman after his brain has been reconfigured by a terrible situation that might have caused him to lose the Good woman.

Op, you can't learn to love. You can only learn to appreciate, learn to be with and learn to accept your Man. In this case, look at the positive sides of things, compare his good qualities to what others do not have and accept him. I wish you luck.

I never believed in love because it was absurd that you will live only one person all through your life...so.may be I didn't understand what true live was...

A friend taught me what true love was. Not with words but his actions...

So I learnt one thing about how to love "it is sacrificial, and unconditional"
If you ask yourself can I be able to do this for this person and the answer is no...

Although I didn't understand what love was...I tot he had his ulterior motive...But I was wrong...
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 07, 2019
hightempo:
How can you be grateful without love ? How can you show appreciation without love? Only he who has encountered love can really be grateful. If a word is being used repeatedly soon it's meaning and implication will be forgotten such is the case of love.
Love is the foundation upon which humanity is created, it is the essence of man. Love is a fruit of the spirit and never a state of mind. It is deeply rooted in our being.
Love is not an emotion but a very state of being......Love is totality, the ultimate truth and the absolute. Love knows no division but unity, everything is unified through love.

The first step towards finding love is self discovery...Watch if your heart is functioning, so many individuals have lost their hearts to the inferior by depending on their minds.When the heart becomes pure only love is what remains. When there is no any dust upon the surface of the heart, love is what happens. The truth is that many of us don't know how to love because we have never loved ourself.

kiss
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by chigoizie7(m): 5:53pm On Nov 07, 2019
merit1988:
if ur "selfish reasons" means financial or monetary gain,well I'm sorry to disappoint you...we are both from reputable and we'll to do families....so I'm wondering what else u literally mean by selfish reasons

Selfish reasons mustn’t be about finance
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Abfinest007(m): 5:54pm On Nov 07, 2019
you have not said anything

3 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by nnaeyes6: 5:58pm On Nov 07, 2019
Madam try this advise and thank me later. Of course with some money.

1. Avoid social media. Is a huge distraction. There are SIMPLE LIES on social media that present things perfect.
2: Understand that you are married and not dating. This will help u not to think of doing r as you things in the name of sexual satisfaction.
3: Respect ur husband. Respect him then he will increase ur love geometrically.
4: Play cool musics like JAZZ, CLASSICAL MUSICS, BLUES. I recommend Yanni for JAZZ and try KENNY ROGERS for COUNTRY CLASS MUSIC and listen to both sounds and lyrics.
5: Be contented with ur husband's performance in the bedroom. Also these sounds recommended are good background for making love.
6: To reach CLOUD NINE in love making is PREPARING for the LOVE MAKING (that's if it is our bone of contention). Most often u expect sex and something will just go wrong (like quick ejaculation of ur hubby). Be happy. At lease u satisfied him and ur day will come.
7: Cook healthy food as medicine and not noodles.
8: Request to go out on natural places like museum, parks, zoo, garden, etc and not usual SHOPRITE OR LEFT or movie. In case u wanna do the later, make sure u have done the formal repeatedly.
9: Buy ur husband surprise gifts.

10: Study ur husband and ensure that u use them to make him love u and not to do the otherwise

Finally and in summary

Avoid social media presentation and respect ur man then u will feel the presence of love at home.

Play "THROUGH THE YEARS" by Kenny Rogers
and "END OF AUGUST " by yanni
"wedding song by Kenny G
Comforters song by Jeremiah Gwang ft Asa

Enjoy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Alexk2(m): 5:59pm On Nov 07, 2019
Ariza:

Ariza:I read a thread here sometimes ago where Men were advised to marry and learn to love those who love them and only use and dump those they love.I asked how does one learn to love but my question was left unanswered,the ones who tried to answer only danced around it. No procedure or How to was provided and I laughed. How men bask judiciously in so much ignorance amuse me! They believe women learn to love so they can do it too.But only the wise one would askhow women easily divert this so called love on their children as soon as they are born neglecting the fathers. Was the love ever there?The truth is you can never learn to love, you can only learn to appreciate.Love is not something you can create but Gratitude, you can. The misconception comes when peoplemix up love and gratitude. Contrary to what we see movies like a man learning to love the woman he was force to marry, No! he only learned to appreciate and live with the woman after his brain has been reconfiguredby a terrible situation that might have causedhim to lose the Good woman.Op, you can't learn to love. You can only learnto appreciate, learn to be with and learn to accept your Man. In this case, look at the positive sides of things, compare his good qualities to what others do not have and accept him. I wish you luck.

You need to see the way I carefully read your post like as if it'll pay my bills.... you're not entirely wrong but it is important we correct certain part of it for the sake of those who desire to know the "TRUTH"
1. Love truly exist and some couples are indeed in true love and are happy for it and LOVE is unconditional if it is love and not "LUST"
2. What majority call love is actually lust or infatuation which is very conditional and the day the attached condition is removed, the relationship/marriage will hit the rock.

3. God is "LOVE"; now that is deep and it'll take a whole topic to explain that but every human created by God and who received God's breath(living soul) have this what I'll call inherent attribute to love but God's presence in form of the Holy Spirit makes it evidential in human but then it still comes to our choice whether to display that inherent love from within or not....so, it is not in learning but in doing that is the problem bro.; same thing applies to hatred from Satan.
Time will not permit me to type more that this for now but maybe later I may answer quotes from you if you need more explanation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Bambambiglo: 6:01pm On Nov 07, 2019
PrincessNZ:

You said love is not permanent in any condition and that made your opinion nonsense.

Once more, love is permanent when two people marry for unselfish reasons.

You this rude girl needs a resounding brain resetting slap

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Moboj: 6:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
merit1988:

Aunty there's a word called "infatuation" even if you were once crazily in love with your Husband, there will still be a probability of infatuation creeping in
What can you do?
It starts with trying to be romantic
Show care and love in a romantic way,even though it would look weird and soo absurd in the beginning, try making it your thing and watch your Husband also join you,love always has to be rekindled,it's never forever a blazing fire nope,you have to add the woods,the twigs,the fuel and all to keep it blazing so Aunty go and read on how to be Romantic

2 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by jaxxy(m): 6:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
merit1988:
most times, it's not how long ,but how well... pple date for years b4 marriage and still end up getting divorced...that's what I'm trying hard to avoid

So it’s either ur dating went very well and he changed or it went bad bt u went in hoping there will be improvements. Whichever the case the deed has been done. The question here is does ur husband love u or not?

Smtmes when there lack of love it cud be due to lack of understanding and good communication, these are a few of the things that help love grow. Try and sit ur husband down and share ur concerns and let him open up if there are things he doesn’t like or enjoy in the marriage so it can be better. These are simple issues we humans make complicated.

1 Like

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by needful: 6:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
Nigerian marriages lack love and companionship, i almost accepted that norm of no love nor companionship until i left this surrounding only to discovered that people love and cherish
themselves until death apart them. Nigerian marriage is all about having kids and money which is the reason why men marry solely to have children while running outside to keep a side chick and women now divert every attention to their children thereby influencing most of their decisions even at adult age. women having know that there is nothing like love and companionship from their male counter parts, now attached a condition called money which is tagged "no money no love" because even if they marry the man as a poor man, the moment he becomes rich, side chick will become the order of the day. @Ops, i vividly understood naija marriage very well. the only solution is to find out what makes u happy and continue to do it because, even if u leave him to marry another, samething will be there. Also note that, why u are crying for love, he will be somewhere enjoying himself. do not live and die of depression, do what makes u happy, if u have enough money, take a vacation and have a nice quiet moment.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by PJay77: 6:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
There are many marriage counselors you can reach out to. There are also many good books to guide you. It is well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by louken(m): 6:08pm On Nov 07, 2019
PrincessNZ:

That and much more. If it is not for selfish reasons from both sides, it means both of you complements each other in character and every other thing. Then your husband should horn his loving skills, it is the duty of a man to love his wife, real men know how to love. You should focus on submitting to him.

Unconditional love is not fairytale, unlike someone said above maybe out of ignorance.
If the man stops loving you, would you still continue loving him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by jmaxjohn(m): 6:11pm On Nov 07, 2019
merit1988:
i guess u don't understand that when love doesn't flow in a marriage, everything becomes boring

are u willing to pay for it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Ekpekus(m): 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2019
Your definition of love will help us put things into perspective..
Maybe what your husband see as love is different from what you see.
So let's start from there
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Moboj: 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2019
You can start with pet names
Then giving comments to things he does in a loving way like wow! This looks lovely
That shirt looks soo nice on you
What haircut will you be on next?
Then say the words that seems weird
"I love you" and put his name
Your lips looks soo kissable
Use erotic languages
Be open sexually
Learn the language of eroticism coupled with care,trust me it's not easy to start all at once but if you want love,you'll have to speak in Love's language
Op you'll be fine,it turns out loveless people when they finally start loving their own love will shake love shocked
Then give him his own personalized oriki grin these are things our mothers did in those day's
It's not easy to keep staying in love
You have to fuel it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Bambela(m): 6:14pm On Nov 07, 2019
PrincessNZ:
Nonsense talk.

To the OP,

Either you or your husband or both of you married for selfish reasons. Love is permanent when two people marry for unselfish reasons. You sound harsh. Don't let your situation control your emotion especially in public.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Novemberaura(m): 6:18pm On Nov 07, 2019
this is a very simple problem with a simple solution. if thy husband isn't keeping thee happy, find happiness outside thy marriage. you can't afford to be miserable cuz of this inhumane but civil idea called marriage.
not everyone should get into marriage and endure the pains agony and misery of staying with an individual for the rest of thy life whether good or bad. marriage creates more problem than it solves in our society. yes we can't walk away from an unhappy union without getting a backlash from the society yet we can find a way around it. simply seek whatever you think your life is missing outside offcourse people that matters shouldn't be aware.
the world in it's entirety is left for you to explore appreciate and experience

don't sit down and cry.
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by ucomeoga: 6:24pm On Nov 07, 2019
Dearest friend. Marriage is not a bed of rose. Perhaps, you should consider visiting a therapist. Importantly, I celebrate you for giving your husband the gift of your purity. Hold strong please. Divorce is NEVER an option.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by CONFAMA: 6:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
merit1988:
most times, it's not how long ,but how well... pple date for years b4 marriage and still end up getting divorced...that's what I'm trying had to avoid

Must marriage be all about Love. When maturity and reality of life set's in you will understand that not everything is love. As long as you respect and care for each other appropriately, then you're good to go.
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by madgoat(m): 6:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
PrincessNZ:
Nonsense talk.

To the OP,

Either you or your husband or both of you married for selfish reasons. Love is permanent when two people marry for unselfish reasons.

Nonsense.... Dey there dey deceive yourself like wet pant. Its people like you that will open thread tmr complaining about husband that doesnt love them after few years in marriage. Keep on living your fairy tale illusion of permanent love. grin
Men are naturally polygamous in case you dont know.
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Dearlord(m): 6:28pm On Nov 07, 2019
OP, if you don't have a meaningful script to this forum you can go back to endure your marriage.

1 Like

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by LordKO(m): 6:31pm On Nov 07, 2019
Ariza:
I read a thread here sometimes ago where Men were advised to marry and learn to love those who love them and only use and dump those they love.I asked how does one learn to love but my question was left unanswered, the ones who tried to answer only danced around it. No procedure or How to was provided and I laughed. How men bask judiciously in so much ignorance amuse me! They believe women learn to love so they can do it too.But only the wise one would ask how women easily divert this so called love on their children as soon as they are born neglecting the fathers. Was the love ever there?

The truth is you can never learn to love, you can only learn to appreciate.Love is not something you can create but Gratitude, you can. The misconception comes when people mix up love and gratitude. Contrary to what we see movies like a man learning to love the woman he was force to marry, No! he only learned to appreciate and live with the woman after his brain has been reconfigured by a terrible situation that might have caused him to lose the Good woman.

Op, you can't learn to love. You can only learn to appreciate, learn to be with and learn to accept your Man. In this case, look at the positive sides of things, compare his good qualities to what others do not have and accept him. I wish you luck.

Judge yourself, this particular derisive statement "How men bask judiciously in so much ignorance amuse me!" is it palatable/civil to your hearing?

On this "I read a thread here sometimes ago where Men were advised to marry and learn to love those who love them and only use and dump those they love." Well, only a mental parochial and ignorant element will give men such advice - the propagator and practitioner(s) of such school of thought don't represent men in general, at least not sane men.

Love (as a variant of goodness) has never been a woman's forte in relation to romantic/marriage affair, so only an ignorant man would expect love from a woman in this regard - the only thing a woman, a sane one, can give a man is submissiveness which is a variant of goodness in its own form. Both love and submissiveness are actions, not just mere words and feelings. For a typical small-minded woman, it's always about her self-interest first and sane men know about this, which is the reason a man's first call of duty when entering into such union with a woman is to find out what her interest in him is. Men aren't ignorant as most of you always think. The biggest dummy ever sold to women is that they're smarter than men - smartness isn't female-gender exclusive, you hear. A woman can only be considered sane in this regard if her interest is altruistic, else she's a small-minded woman like many and any discerning man can dissect her, no matter her sly prowess.

Meanwhile, sane people have always loved other human beings unconditionally - of course, this doesn't invalidate conditionality of falling in love and conditionality staying in love. So, small-minded people who don't love can learn to love conditionally since they cannot do so unconditionally.

OP should tell herself truth, the crux of her initial interest towards her husband has either waned or her husband hasn't been able to sustain it, and this is mostly because the interest/condition wasn't altruistic. What small-minded women always divert towards their offspring and deny their husband is interest, and this always happens because such women never had altruistic interest towards their husbands. Maybe you can now see the reason why sane men are always wary of materialistic and parasitic women because once a woman's interest in a man isn't altruistic, it's a matter of time before she'll ruin him in any possible way intentionally or otherwise. The OP is about to ruin her husband, either by her making or her husband making.

8 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by franchasng: 6:34pm On Nov 07, 2019
PrincessNZ:
Nonsense talk.

To the OP,

Either you or your husband or both of you married for selfish reasons. Love is permanent when two people marry for unselfish reasons.

Don't mind her....maybe she married the guy thinking he will be changing car for her to latest car every year and now the young man is struggling to even buy 1 car for himself to talk of buying her a car and she is here blabbing nonsense like we care angry angry

Ladies stop having too much expectation from men, don't expect too much from anybody, that is the root of all heartbreaks....

Expect less from people.....give more than you expect from your partner and even from people and you will never be disappointed by anybody.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by shadeyinka(m): 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2019
merit1988:

cry
I can help you.
But you must first define what Love is.
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by HarunaWest(m): 6:42pm On Nov 07, 2019
merit1988:

Truth is no advice in this forum can solve your current debacle...We are only told what you want to tell,so we judge based on that perception so you might not get a favorable verdict here. Why not talk to someone that knows the Genesis of your marriage, a sibling,parent,inlaw or bestie something like that..They will be in the best position to advice yah.

NB: Family/Intimate issues shouldn't be brought to Nairaland...They end up confusing you with too much advice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

First Families Of The World.(pics) / "I Was Shocked When I Got To My Husband's House The First Time" - Lady Reveals / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.