Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,725 members, 7,955,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:01 PM

Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? (27170 Views)

Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. / How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. / Lady Confess How She Put Poison On Nipple To Kill Her Cheating Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by Duggedised12(f): 10:41am On Oct 21, 2019
BRATISLAVA:
lol. But people should've read to the last line before reacting
this is a sensitive issue ,you cant blame anyone for not reading to the end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by BRATISLAVA: 10:45am On Oct 21, 2019
Duggedised12:
but you read. Even as it was sensitive. Reacting before the end is the cause of most issues. People bring hurt to themselves by being impatient. When I don't read, I don't comment.
Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by UnknownQueen(f): 10:51am On Oct 21, 2019
Computergeek please tell us, how's the case going?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by Duggedised12(f): 11:04am On Oct 21, 2019
BRATISLAVA:
but you read. Even as it was sensitive. Reacting before the end is the cause of most issues. People bring hurt to themselves by being impatient. When I don't read, I don't comment.
still not a good place to be sarcastic tho ,just saying.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by BRATISLAVA: 11:08am On Oct 21, 2019
Duggedised12:
still not a good place to be sarcastic tho ,just saying.
perhaps not. But the people quoting me to insult me will still have to carry their words. I don't see why people can't read and understand.

1 Like

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by nams77: 11:30am On Oct 21, 2019
@computergeek. Pls for the sake of that woman's life and the kids, do something!
If anything hsppens, u will live with the guilt forever.

What i would do- try and get across to any of her relatives and report the whole matter. You can get their numbers and reach them.

Some men are beast in human forms. Haha!

1 Like

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by Blinkers: 11:50am On Oct 21, 2019
Stillthebest:

Just don't meddle in the affair(
The Lady has said that to you indirectly. Try and listen to Ebenezer Obey's song in that regards)

The major reason a man beats a woman is by counter replying during brawls. She perhaps knows that her husband can't manage such and he is highly tempered.

Don't because he beats her and think he is a beast. It takes an extra in a man not to hit a woman that runs mouth. That "extra" might be lacking in him. (he might need a psychologist or a counselor)

The best way to keep your friend/neighbour alive to enjoy the fruit of her labour in that man's house is to; keep silent whenever an issue is leading to arguments since she loves him so much that she can't leave him even with the incessant beatings.. Op, your friend loves his husband very well, but as aforementioned , he can't manage argument as known by the wife.

If the man is cheating, lol, it is just a matter of time, he would soon be back home(hope not with a disease or empty pockets). It won't long. But;

let the woman address the fundamental issues that is causing the current marital imbalance( a wife can turn her husband to whatever she desires of him). She might be expecting the man to change whereas she is the one who needs to change for the better.

As for police follow up, back off ma. If your body no gree u, send a text anonymously to his family.

Your concern only is enough to gain you rewards race whom you serve

No, he won't kill her otherwise watch as she hones back the man she married.

For your child that see the place as a second house because David, I admonish u to abort so he doesn't grow to another David's dad(hope not).

I commend your good writing skills.

Bless u

Do you have a functional brain at all?

I honestly hope that you won't procreate, or you'll finally contribute more in stupidity to the ones Nigeria already has in abundance.

8 Likes

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by Fallenhunter: 11:55am On Oct 21, 2019
OP if you're still reading this let me give my two cents

Many victims of domestic assault are weaker willed people who find it difficult to leave their partner despite the repeated abuse they suffer. Their abusers often pick them for precisely this reason, testing and pushing their boundaries over the years till they know that they can do what they like, even beat the person till they're nearly dead without suffering any repercussions.

My advice would be to stop sending your son to their house despite his attachment to her kids, you can allow her kids at your house if you'd like. The next thing would be read up on the abundance of domestic abuse resources available online. It is honestly very difficult to help the victims since they'll often shield their abuser. I'm not sure if you should withdraw the police case but try and contact any organizations that work with women in your area and inform them of the abuse. Also see if you can convince your neighbor to talk to someone like her parents or elders who will understand. In order to get her to see her husband for the monster he is she needs psychological help and slow but steady counseling. She won't leave him in a day.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 21, 2019
UnknownQueen:
Computergeek please tell us, how's the case going?
We're planning to contact her family. She's still in the hospital. Thanks Dearie.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by Blinkers: 12:03pm On Oct 21, 2019
computergeek:
We're planning to contact her family. She's still in the hospital. Thanks Dearie.

Good decision.

When any of her family member comes around, you can also help them contact any human rights NGO or the Ministry of Women Affairs to either help keep her away from the violent man or restrain the man from beating her. You can ease off from there and let her family continue with the rest.

That said, you have no business dealing with the victim directly. She is very much damaged mentally and emotionally beyond reason that she would ignore your advice by either telling you to stay off that there is no problem or even blame herself for making her husband beat her, or even lash back at you for trying to help her. Female victims of domestic violence show much of these traits. The NGOs and the Ministry of Women affairs are trained to handle such and condition the victim to realise her folly.

Lastly, don't bother withdrawing the police report because it may be your evidence box getting off police trouble in case this devil of a husband is allowed to continue in his sadistic behaviour. The man is out to kill her.

You are doing a good job, computergeek. You won't regret it.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by Ishilove: 12:11pm On Oct 21, 2019
CeterisXVII:

GOD BLESS YOU!! cool May the Good Lord continue to protect and preserve you and all your loved ones. May you always find someone to speak for you, in time of need.
Amen o. And you too
Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by Ishilove: 12:12pm On Oct 21, 2019
Luckysbab:

I don catch you. So Naptu2 is your crush on this forum. cheesy
That one is general knowledge na. Every old user here knows I and Naptu2 are a couple. 8years now smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by Fallenhunter: 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2019
Slimdada:
Your husband is not a real Gee because real gees don't get involved in another couple's fight no matter what he should withdraw that police case
Because when you get involved in another couple's fight, the couple's will use you to settle their dispute
Get your son another nanny
And see him get another new friends to play with
Come to think of it
What if your son or any of those kids get hurt accidentally when this fighters are exchanging blows and throwing weapon's like flower vast...

Because that's what Nigeria needs more of, gangsters!
Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by AyosMan: 12:28pm On Oct 21, 2019
Very heart touching story. Sorry if I may ask, where is the lady and the husband from? Then also, can you contact any of the lady family member?

There is a department at Alaosa in Ikeja that don't play with such cases, If you and ur husband can help her to find solution, by getting their contact and inform them, they will pick it up. I don't have their number I could have help you with it, she will give up soon if nothing is done. Thanks for ur family efforts so far!

1 Like

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by BLEMOSEDU: 12:31pm On Oct 21, 2019
Midas01:
Notice how your empathy is towards the actual perpetrator? Notice how you said the man who beat his wife almost to the point of death and left her for dead isn't a beast? Notice how you blamed women (victims) for domestic violence citing that it's their fault for running their mouths?

You even offered psychological help for the man, lol.

I'm here to tell you today that you sir,
are a very stupid, demented goat and will continue to see misery all of your life for supporting evil.
You are very toxic with your words, why insult people for having different opinions from yours?
Just make your own comment and move on haha!

1 Like

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by BLEMOSEDU: 12:35pm On Oct 21, 2019
Fashdeejay:
Read this piece last night, had to sleep over it... If you are going to withdraw the case, there is another way to handle it, trust me, it will tame the man for the rest of his life.... here goes...
Look for sodomites, I mean well endowed gay guys.... pay them to rape the man, let them break into their home take turns on raping the man while they are slapping him and recOrding the whole encounter.... I'm talking about nine inch niggaz when the rod never vex.... let them rape him.... Let him feel like a bitch for a long time....
no matter what a woman does, no man has any right to hit a woman, it is a sign of weakness and it is stupid. Only a weak man will ever do that....
my take, he needs to be raped... make him less of a man than he already is... police can't do much.

What's is now the difference between you and the man?
You both live and encourage violence.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by BLEMOSEDU: 12:39pm On Oct 21, 2019
Duggedised12:
They should be blamed for not reading to the end, if they don't read to the end before reacting, then they are emotional and shouldn't be trusted for better judgement
Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by passionberry(f): 12:41pm On Oct 21, 2019
computergeek:
So I’ve never actually brought a personal issue to this forum, but this one is beyond me and I don’t know the best course of action to take here. I believe that there are people here who may have had a similar experience or might know what best to do. This may be a bit long.

So there’s this neighbor of mine whom I have an after-school agreement with. She’s a stay-at-home mum with two kids (a nursing baby and a four-year-old) while I have one child (also four). I usually leave my office at 4:00pm, so the agreement is, after-school at 12:30pm, I’ll go pick up the kids (they go to the same school) and return to work while she watches my son for me. I get my son his lunch and snacks before he goes there, even though she’s begged me to stop doing that, but I can’t saddle her with feeding a child that’s not hers.

The issue now is, a lot of violent things have happened in that house and as of this week, my son won’t be returning there. But I fear for the woman. Our homes are separated by a wall, but we often hear the arguing and crying sometimes. I knew she was having marital issues but I didn’t know the extent.

About two weeks ago, I went to get my son from the house and I noticed he wasn’t talking as usual. My son is the very boisterous type who likes to bounce as he walks, and he’ll usually try to take the key from my hand so he’ll open the door himself. That day, he wasn’t talking as usual. He seemed scared and shaken up. I knew the woman would sometimes punish the kids by asking them to kneel down when they fought, but she wouldn’t hit them. I asked him what the issue was, if anyone at school or home had been looking for his trouble, the guy said no.
He’s very close to his father (they are best friends), so when my husband came home I asked him to talk to the boy because he couldn’t choke his food down. After about a while, my son opened up. Apparently, he’d witnessed a very violent beating that he was struggling to find the right words to explain. He said that David’s father had been punching his mother in the passage with two hands at a time, and when she’d tried to run, he brought her back and beat her more. He said that he and David had to hide under the table because they were scared of getting hurt. He then said the mother raised a flower vase and hit him on his head, but the man continued beating her and shouting at her.

I didn’t know what to say. My son had witnessed a violent beating and it traumatized him. We soothed the boy and told him to forget about it. I then knew why the woman didn’t come out to hand him over as she usually did when I went to get him. He just came to me by himself.
The next day, I was skeptical about taking my son back there but he said he doesn’t want to stop playing with David and Sandra (the one-year-old baby). After school, I picked the boys up and drove them home. David’s mom came to the door and her face was badly bruised. I had to ask her what was wrong, but she hurriedly said she fell down and then took the kids from me.

On Friday last week, two days ago, the worst happened. It was around 3:00 or 3:30 when the woman called me at work. I picked the phone up and it was my son. He said that David’s mummy was lying on the floor and wasn’t opening her eyes. He said she was still moving but she couldn’t open her eyes. That blood was coming out her nose and mouth and their daddy had driven away. My heart literally flew out of my chest.

I called my husband as I was driving home and told him to meet us at the hospital. Long story cut short, she was badly battered and torn apart, almost about to give up life. I took her and all the kids to the hospital. While they were cleaning her wounds and hooking her up to the IV, I sorted out the bills. My husband tried to reach out to hers but he was rejecting the calls, so he went to make a statement at the area police command. They told us to contact them once she wakes up to give her statement. The police doesn’t usually like to dabble into marital issues but the woman was disfigured beyond imagination.

Sadly, you won’t believe what she said when she came to after a few hours. She started begging us to not report to anybody and not even call her family. That she’ll refund us the hospital bills and we should just call her friend that lives in New Haven to come and look after her. She was trying to protect the beast that had beaten her and left her for dead. We tried to reason with her because the man would certainly kill her sooner or later. She said he’s her husband and the father of her kids, bla bla bla. She told us that she’d been confronting him about a girl he’d been gallivanting openly with him, and that’s been the cause of all their issues.

She told me to use my number and call her husband because he doesn’t have me as a contact. I called him and told him the wife he tried to kill was in the hospital. He told me that she had better remain there because he’ll kill her if she ever comes near his house again. He hung up on me. She’s still insisting that he doesn’t mean it and she must go back once she’s discharged.

The issue now is, should we withdraw the police report or take the case up? The woman’s life is in danger and she doesn’t seem to understand the seriousness of her situation, writing it off as momentary anger. I don’t know why women choose to remain in these violent situations even when they have children to live for. She’s not even thinking about her one-year-old who has been with me all weekend.

Mature advice is needed here. Pease push to front page. I don’t know if we’ll be overstepping our boundaries by trying to help her.You can take a horse to the river but cant force it to drink water,,you ave try ur best but stil gie deaf ears..,withdraw the case fr9m police,get a nanny for baby..be carefull wit her huband cos he may cme for you ,just face ur family put her in prayers

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by passionberry(f): 12:42pm On Oct 21, 2019
computergeek:
So I’ve never actually brought a personal issue to this forum, but this one is beyond me and I don’t know the best course of action to take here. I believe that there are people here who may have had a similar experience or might know what best to do. This may be a bit long.

So there’s this neighbor of mine whom I have an after-school agreement with. She’s a stay-at-home mum with two kids (a nursing baby and a four-year-old) while I have one child (also four). I usually leave my office at 4:00pm, so the agreement is, after-school at 12:30pm, I’ll go pick up the kids (they go to the same school) and return to work while she watches my son for me. I get my son his lunch and snacks before he goes there, even though she’s begged me to stop doing that, but I can’t saddle her with feeding a child that’s not hers.

The issue now is, a lot of violent things have happened in that house and as of this week, my son won’t be returning there. But I fear for the woman. Our homes are separated by a wall, but we often hear the arguing and crying sometimes. I knew she was having marital issues but I didn’t know the extent.

About two weeks ago, I went to get my son from the house and I noticed he wasn’t talking as usual. My son is the very boisterous type who likes to bounce as he walks, and he’ll usually try to take the key from my hand so he’ll open the door himself. That day, he wasn’t talking as usual. He seemed scared and shaken up. I knew the woman would sometimes punish the kids by asking them to kneel down when they fought, but she wouldn’t hit them. I asked him what the issue was, if anyone at school or home had been looking for his trouble, the guy said no.
He’s very close to his father (they are best friends), so when my husband came home I asked him to talk to the boy because he couldn’t choke his food down. After about a while, my son opened up. Apparently, he’d witnessed a very violent beating that he was struggling to find the right words to explain. He said that David’s father had been punching his mother in the passage with two hands at a time, and when she’d tried to run, he brought her back and beat her more. He said that he and David had to hide under the table because they were scared of getting hurt. He then said the mother raised a flower vase and hit him on his head, but the man continued beating her and shouting at her.

I didn’t know what to say. My son had witnessed a violent beating and it traumatized him. We soothed the boy and told him to forget about it. I then knew why the woman didn’t come out to hand him over as she usually did when I went to get him. He just came to me by himself.
The next day, I was skeptical about taking my son back there but he said he doesn’t want to stop playing with David and Sandra (the one-year-old baby). After school, I picked the boys up and drove them home. David’s mom came to the door and her face was badly bruised. I had to ask her what was wrong, but she hurriedly said she fell down and then took the kids from me.

On Friday last week, two days ago, the worst happened. It was around 3:00 or 3:30 when the woman called me at work. I picked the phone up and it was my son. He said that David’s mummy was lying on the floor and wasn’t opening her eyes. He said she was still moving but she couldn’t open her eyes. That blood was coming out her nose and mouth and their daddy had driven away. My heart literally flew out of my chest.

I called my husband as I was driving home and told him to meet us at the hospital. Long story cut short, she was badly battered and torn apart, almost about to give up life. I took her and all the kids to the hospital. While they were cleaning her wounds and hooking her up to the IV, I sorted out the bills. My husband tried to reach out to hers but he was rejecting the calls, so he went to make a statement at the area police command. They told us to contact them once she wakes up to give her statement. The police doesn’t usually like to dabble into marital issues but the woman was disfigured beyond imagination.

Sadly, you won’t believe what she said when she came to after a few hours. She started begging us to not report to anybody and not even call her family. That she’ll refund us the hospital bills and we should just call her friend that lives in New Haven to come and look after her. She was trying to protect the beast that had beaten her and left her for dead. We tried to reason with her because the man would certainly kill her sooner or later. She said he’s her husband and the father of her kids, bla bla bla. She told us that she’d been confronting him about a girl he’d been gallivanting openly with him, and that’s been the cause of all their issues.

She told me to use my number and call her husband because he doesn’t have me as a contact. I called him and told him the wife he tried to kill was in the hospital. He told me that she had better remain there because he’ll kill her if she ever comes near his house again. He hung up on me. She’s still insisting that he doesn’t mean it and she must go back once she’s discharged.

The issue now is, should we withdraw the police report or take the case up? The woman’s life is in danger and she doesn’t seem to understand the seriousness of her situation, writing it off as momentary anger. I don’t know why women choose to remain in these violent situations even when they have children to live for. She’s not even thinking about her one-year-old who has been with me all weekend.

Mature advice is needed here. Pease push to front page. I don’t know if we’ll be overstepping our boundaries by trying to help her.You can take a horse to the river but cant force it to drink water,,you ave try ur best but stil give deaf ears..,withdraw the case fr9m police,get a nanny for baby..be carefull wit her huband cos he may cme for you ,just face ur family put her in prayers

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by capnies: 2:18pm On Oct 21, 2019
You need to save her life. Take a. Picture of her present state and then report to her parents and relatives. Her life is in your hands because your neighbours and friends. She's probably from a very poor background and thinks she can't survive on her own

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by Luckysbab: 3:03pm On Oct 21, 2019
Ishilove:

That one is general knowledge na. Every old user here knows I and Naptu2 are a couple. 8years now smiley
Abasi ayaya eh shocked cheesy

I should write a sequel to Iyawo Nylon Bag, with the title - Iyawo Baba Arugbo tongue

2 Likes

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by Gbengageorge: 3:50pm On Oct 21, 2019
Just report the case to welfare, they will take up the issue, or any NGO that deals with women right. By the time they deal with him, he will get sense, before he kill that lady.

computergeek:

Mature advice is needed here. Pease push to front page. I don’t know if we’ll be overstepping our boundaries by trying to help her.

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by Ishilove: 4:38pm On Oct 21, 2019
Luckysbab:

Abasi ayaya eh shocked cheesy

I should write a sequel to Iyawo Nylon Bag, with the title - Iyawo Baba Arugbo tongue
Ha, Baba Arugbo ke?? cheesy

Daz wrong o. Oga Naptu2 na 50 horse power. If you no know... wink wink

It has been 8 years of pure bliss and two naptlings smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by djfabmusik(m): 4:41pm On Oct 21, 2019
I had an aunt that had similar issue, she always wants to go back just to make the marriage work, just because she want to have a husband, and not be a single mom. That's exactly what is playing out here, she still has this naija mentality of what would people say if i go back home, and she love the husband more than the man do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by Stillthebest: 5:02pm On Oct 21, 2019
Blinkers:

Do you have a functional brain at all?

I honestly hope that you won't procreate, or you'll finally contribute more in stupidity to the ones Nigeria already has in abundance.

You should go home and ask your father if he has a functional brain. Goat!

It is your generation that will never procreate. The One they already did will ever go extinct.

1 Like

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by Fashdeejay(m): 5:44pm On Oct 21, 2019
BLEMOSEDU:

What's is now the difference between you and the man?
You both live and encourage violence.

Mr. Blem, I abhor men who beat women, u should too. imagine the wife who is in the hospital as your sister, you wouldn't be so calm... so please, if I decide to be violent with a man who feels beating a woman makes him more of a man, that is my business... I don't encourage violence, but sometimes it's to be mentally violent than physically violent.... all I have suggested is psychological violence... leave him mentally scarred... he will never raise his hands against any woman....
you do not know how scarred the little child is, he beats his mom in his presence, what do u think? And u say I am encouraging violence...? Please cuz, touching a woman violently is a sign of weakness of mind and body of a man... he is less than a man, he is an animal and should be treated as such...
Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by Luckysbab: 5:56pm On Oct 21, 2019
Ishilove:

Ha, Baba Arugbo ke?? cheesy

Daz wrong o. Oga Naptu2 na 50 horse power. If you no know... wink wink

It has been 8 years of pure bliss and two naptlings smiley

grin grin grin

Odimma. God bless your union. cool

2 Likes

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by CeterisXVII: 6:56pm On Oct 21, 2019
Excuzeme:
It takes a very mature mind who has seen a lot in the real world, to utter words like these!
I see that you have recieved a lot of flak for this your post, dont be bothered, "what a child sees climbed on top of a tree, is what an adults sees standing on his two legs". undecided

When it comes to marital dispute, as one can see on this and many other similar threads, most ignorant and inexperienced people are just rushing to apportion blame (some with their stupid agendas), rush to criminalise one of the parties and end-up breaking up an othewise "salvageable" marriage.
They fail to address the UNDERLYING ISSUE causing the brawls in a marriage.
You hear childish statements like : No matter what, the man should have walked away or you should NEVER raise your hands against your wife, e.t.c

But they forget that at times, it is your wife that first raises her hands against her husband.
They forget that "walking away" is easier said than done, when one party is deeply hurt by the other
They forget that so many women have killed and are still killing their husbands, while acting and claiming to be a victim of violence!
They forget the adage of our Parents who said "When the Sea is rough, dont Paddle your Canoe roughly at the same time" (literal translation).
They forget that "Two cannot live together (in Peace) unless they agree"
They forget that in any relationship, one person must play the SHEEP, when the other person is playing the GOAT.
They forget that Men are even more hurt by the vitrolic words that their wife hurl at them, than the follow-up beating they give her.

Even the Bible admonishes us that "Harsh words draws out anger (which leads to physical violence), while soothing words quell anger".
The greatest advice l have for any woman, is to be quick to say SORRY, when your husband is annoyed or building-up anger.....then when his mood is calm, raise the issue again, in a loving, respectful and non-judgemental manner.
You will be surprised that what you failed to achieve with arrogance and insults, you have achieved so easily with wisdom.

Wise women know how to manage their Husband and their Home, so much that People will say "She has bewitched him"! Men are like Kids, powerful and stubborn kids, you need good temperament, respect and loving-wisdom to manage them but if you can, you will realise they will do whatever beeding you ask them to do. undecided undecided
But the Foolish woman is very good at scattering her home.....and that of others and she is quick to blame it on another woman or say the man is a wife-beater.
grin grin

Respects.
Another epistle reeking of stupidity. Domestic violence should never be tolerated. angry

It doesn't matter if it is the woman who raises her hands against the man, or the man who beats the woman into a pulp. sad

Such marriages cannot be salvaged, once violence takes centre stage. Those involved should flee for their lives, before anything else. People offering their senseless advice of stay & salvage the marriage, are good at giving medicine after death. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by Slimdada(m): 7:21pm On Oct 21, 2019
Fallenhunter:

Because that's what Nigeria needs more of, gangsters!

Lol no be lie
The situation for the country critical

1 Like

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by Ryan03(f): 10:08am On Oct 22, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Don't blame her,blame the society that will sham her if she leaves him or report him .Women stay in horrible marriages because they will be shamed by the society,the society has bashed divorced mother's for not being able to keep their marriage...they stigmatise divorcees...

My mum used to advice me,"if you get married no matter what your husband do,don't leave him , because the day you step out of the house you will be replaced by another woman and the world will blame you for not being able to keep a marriage" and i replied "f.uck the world!"

Try contact her family members,let them be the one to report to the police so she doesn't blame you for breaking her marriage. If you can't get across to them or they share the same views with her, you can take it up anonymously without her awareness

Cc: magnoliaa, Blackivy, budaatum, fuministicqueen, liberalchick,ryan03
my dear, not until women decide to overlook and ignore the chains society has put on them, its going to remain that way. Its time women have to ignore what society have to say about their decision but instead do what makes them happy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Battery: Should We Drop Police Case, Though He’s Threatening To Kill Her? by budaatum: 10:35am On Oct 22, 2019
Ryan03:
my dear, not until women decide to overlook and ignore the chains society has put on them, its going to remain that way. Its time women have to ignore what society have to say about their decision but instead do what makes them happy
I would not agree that women should ignore the chains that are holding you down unless you wish to remain enslaved!

Fight, womans! And one day we shall win!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Names Given To Children In Nigeria Lately / Which Of These Childhood Games Did You Play? / Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.