Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,261 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband (27293 Views)

Doctor Recounts How Soldier Discovered Wife Allegedly Committed Paternity Fraud / Young Lady Mourns Her Husband Who Died Two Weeks After Their Wedding (Video) / Lady Mourns Her Husband's Death, Two Months After Their Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by cococandy(f): 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2019
All these superstitious beliefs

How can she prove the mom killed her own son?

When was the last time the man went to get a check up in the hospital? How healthy was he?

5 Likes

Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2019
Alaniyiokorausa:
who cares if your opinion drops, witches and wizard every where you go.
If you don't care, you wouldn't quote to register your displeasure. Swerve!
Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by pocohantas(f): 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2019
pcguru1:

Well the issue is with the women who want to show I owe him , that's where the power struggle comes from. The Father in laws will be busy drinking , reading his newspaper or having fun with his mistress. Yet again I never understand the mother in law, wife fight it's pointless.

Yet you wonder why mama doesn't want to let go of her son? What is the typical advice they give a Nigerian woman? FOCUS ON YOUR KIDS!

After focusing on those kids for years, you think it is easy for her to allow another woman enter and start "controlling" him?

Show me a meddlesome MIL and I can assure you she is an obsessive mother who has suffered her husband's neglect or one the man has never been able to contain grin. It is always easier for them to do that nonsense with their sons than daughters, because it is "her son's house".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 20, 2019
pocohantas:

Yet you wonder why mama doesn't want to let go of her son? What is the typical advice they give a Nigerian woman? FOCUS ON YOUR KIDS!

After focusing on those kids for years, you think it is easy for her to allow another woman enter and start "controlling" him?

Show me a meddlesome MIL and I can assure you she is an obsessive mother who has suffered her husband's neglect or one the man has never been able to contain grin. It is always easier for them to do that nonsense with their sons than daughters, because it is "her son's house".

Well life is not supposed to be fair. If its anything I've come to learn.
Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by frozen70g(f): 9:16pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ariza:
I will honour you with a reponse. The deal is the woman missed the husband because of the responsibilities he shouldered while he was alive. Is that what the fate of a man should be? just a burden bearer? Why can't be missed for other reasons aside what he offers?

What woman watches her own son drop out of school and then blame it on the death of her husband? Whatever happens to changing his school if the one he attends is too expensive for her. If that woman was financially independent when her husband was alive, things wouldn't have been so bad for her.

You won't understand, let's sympathise with her over his demise

Be it on financial responsibility or emotional, the lost of a partner is painful

2 Likes

Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2019
frozen70g:

Be it on financial responsibility or emotional, the lost of a partner is painful
Okay, I sympathize!
Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by pocohantas(f): 9:20pm On Oct 20, 2019
pcguru1:

Well life is not supposed to be fair. If its anything I've come to learn.

We can try to create a balance. Mama shouldn't be neglected, but she shouldn't be given too much power or at least- not know the power she has...

2 Likes

Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 20, 2019
pocohantas:

We can try to create a balance. Mama shouldn't be neglected, but she shouldn't be given too much power or at least- not know the power she has...

Lol me I've lost faith based on everything I've seen in naija. There are going to be miserable unions and it's not fair on the affected person party but that's how it is.

1 Like

Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by imitateMe(m): 9:30pm On Oct 20, 2019
pocohantas:

Fathers do not even have that kind of hold on their sons to start with. They are most times alone in their old age, fighting for the attention of their kids and the mother too.
Will you keep ur trap

1 Like

Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by ednut1(m): 9:30pm On Oct 20, 2019
Quit notice and school fees . Looks like another housewife. Even though the mother was mean i dont think she killed her son

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by frozen70g(f): 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ariza:
Okay, I sympathize!

Good of you
Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by imitateMe(m): 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2019
dominique:
Is she trying to say her mother in-law killed her own son?
I suspect the wife. I blame the son for marrying her. He would have saved himself from all these nonsense

1 Like

Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by pocohantas(f): 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2019
pcguru1:

Lol me I've lost faith based on everything I've seen in naija. There are going to be miserable unions and it's not fair on the affected person party but that's how it is.

Are humans not wonderful?

We see happy marriages and assume they are pretending.

We see the bad ones and use them as the SI unit. Seems we delight in evil grin

4 Likes

Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by pocohantas(f): 9:34pm On Oct 20, 2019
imitateMe:

Will you keep ur trap

Imitate, say the truth- who do people call most between the father and mother?

How many mothers days in one year, compare that to fathers day. Even the one fathers day, single mothers won't allow them shine.

Please, lets face facts. People typically adore and give in to their mothers more.

1 Like

Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 20, 2019
pocohantas:

Are humans not wonderful?

We see happy marriages and assume they are pretending.

We see the bad ones and use them as rhe SI unit. Seems we delight in evil grin

I know right, I wish the world was pink and bright , but it's not, it is what it is, but I'm sure there are some happy unions no doubt, I'm not some edgy emo person , I'm quite cheerful smiley
Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by ume1000: 9:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
the problem most women have with other humans and indeed every other thing is control they want to control everything (living and non living) so they can't stand it when someone else is trying to share this control. in this special scenario the mother has grown used to manipulating the son from childhood it's usually in the form of don't go to this Uncles house don't go to that aunty house. don't eat this person's or that persons food. the wife on the other hand may (or may not) also be used to manipulations. Like telling her man to cut ties with this brother and that sister help that brother don't help that sister. My advice to all mother in laws and daughter in laws with the above traits is that two captains can not move a boat (directionless son) I

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by BLEMOSEDU: 9:46pm On Oct 20, 2019
Two things I picked her, 1 she missed her husband because of his responsibility in the house i.e taking care of expenses.
2. She is indirectly pointing to her MIL as responsible for her husband's death.
She need to elaborate on his death so we can analyse it better,
She didn't say much on that.
Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by lollybizzu(m): 9:50pm On Oct 20, 2019
frozen70g:

Leave him alone. Not everybody is humane enough to understand.
Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by crackhaus: 9:50pm On Oct 20, 2019
Women problems.
The only time they are not fighting themselves, they are pretending to fight for each other.

This girl should move on and stop trying to imply that her mother-in-law killed her own son. She's begging for more trouble.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 20, 2019
frozen70g:

Good of you
grin Woman, what do you want from me? Gold or Silver, I have none. Not even diick do I have. grin
Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by LadySarah: 9:53pm On Oct 20, 2019
Even a bipolar mom wont kill her son to get at you.Yes she said it,yes she didnt accept you but accuse her of killing her own son is the height of it.

1 Like

Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by VicM6: 9:57pm On Oct 20, 2019
The mother in law is a suspect as well as the lady her self. If you know you know.
Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by richie240: 10:03pm On Oct 20, 2019
someone somewhere once said: "When God created man the whole world, he rested, but since he created woman....no rest"

20 dickked strangers can live in a room without strife, but (just) 2 daughters of eve (strangers, relatives or friends, irrespective) can't share d same space without commotion.
Abegi, na only Una waka cum?

Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by VicM6: 10:05pm On Oct 20, 2019
The part wey fear me pass
''As she buried you, i will bury my son too''.
the mother in law can be a witch. don't underestimate the power of a witch. as far as am concern, a witch can kill all her household without any remorse.....

2nd part
she might be innocent and this might be someone else plan who took the soul of the gentle man after his wedding... infact, this life is full of wicked people. before you are born, enemies alreadly battling with u talkless of when you enter this world come grow up....
May God help us all.

70% Problem are always from the husband family .........nawa o
Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by zigzagluv: 10:10pm On Oct 20, 2019
How God wan take compensate her , How d moteher in law go kill her own son and leave the girl wen she nor like , kill her son wen she loved, reason am
Omihanifa:
God will compensate her

1 Like

Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by Rosarie(f): 10:16pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ariza:
I don't know why, but my pity for her dropped by 50% when I got to 'my landlord gave us quit notice' ' your son is out of school' part. Woman what have you been doing with your life when your husband was alive? Probably a housewife!. So a woman can't take care of a child herself?

That said, please never belittle the opinion or words of your boyfriend's or fiancé's mother. They matter a lot, make peace with them and be sure you are accepted before you say YES. A woman can influence a Nation against or in support of you. Be wise!
if you never marry and you never see life pls keep quiet

2 Likes

Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by Mac2016(m): 10:19pm On Oct 20, 2019
dominique:
Is she trying to say her mother in-law killed her own son?
It is not impossible, dear! Some women fight to finish and disregard/kill anything that comes their part

3 Likes

Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by mechanics(m): 10:39pm On Oct 20, 2019
She was not prayerful, God can't allow that kind of death to happen when we call upon His Name.

1 Like

Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 20, 2019
Lesson: If the Mother-in-Law is not in support of the Marriage, please ladies leave the guy alone..
It is better to marry to a warm family where you will be tagged 'a diamond' than to marry to a family where you will be tagged 'an agent of destruction'. ..

All these illiterate Mother-in-Law sef, anybody can die at any time while cursing the wife for her son's death??
Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 20, 2019
Rosarie:
if you never marry and you never see life pls keep quiet
Says the mother of Marriage. Yes Granny!

1 Like

Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by poshestmina(f): 10:44pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ariza:
I don't know why, but my pity for her dropped by 50% when I got to 'my landlord gave us quit notice' ' your son is out of school' part. Woman what have you been doing with your life when your husband was alive? Probably a housewife!. So a woman can't take care of a child herself?

Sweetheart,I have experienced where MY OWN HUSBAND DIDN'T WANT ME TO WORK ...I'm not saying this out of stories.
I involved our both families before I could own a business of my own.

One of the first things that happened when MY marriage started crashing was him locking up my shop,a business he contributed a little to.

This is not "hear say or read say'.
Sometimes don't blame housewives, please blame the insecure,sassy and annoying controlling husbands they married.

He said I was rude and disrespectful anytime I had monet

That said, please never belittle the opinion or words of your boyfriend's or fiancé's mother. They matter a lot, make peace with them and be sure you are accepted before you say YES. A woman can influence a Nation against or in support of you. Be wise!
Re: Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband by ezewealth(m): 10:47pm On Oct 20, 2019
Nigerian are too gullible, i can never believe one sided story, especially when it is coming from a woman. If dig deep now u, u may find out say na this woman be d piece of work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Joys Of Motherhood In Pictures! / 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know / Is It Good For A Man To Marry At 35

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.