Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

How to Contact Your Potential Supervisor for a Postgraduate Program - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How to Contact Your Potential Supervisor for a Postgraduate Program (1243 Views)

Whhich University Can I Run My Postgraduate Program? / Postgraduate Program In Microbiology Department, UNN: A Mistake? / FUTMINNA 2019/2020 Postgraduate Program / Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How to Contact Your Potential Supervisor for a Postgraduate Program by SOPWriter: 8:27pm On Oct 20, 2019
It is often advisable to contact a research supervisor while applying for a postgraduate program. However, this could be hard for someone with little or no idea about how to go about this process.
As a passionate individual with the interest of others in mind, I have decided to put up this post in order to guide someone who is reading right now, that might consider this to be beneficial. (I will try to be brief with this guide, considering I need to get back to something as fast as possible.)

STEP ONE

READ ABOUT THE PROFESSOR OR SUPERVISOR’S RESEARCH: This is one of the first and most important things to do before contacting your potential supervisor. Doing this will help you to familiarize yourself with his or her research and prove you are really interested; have knowledge or idea about the research program content.

STEP TWO

CONTACT HIM
Bravo! You have made it this far! You are about to take the bold step. The first thing to do at this point is to get his contact, preferably, his or her email, then compose a meaningful and exceptional letter, informing him or her of your interest in his research. (Remember, you need to really communicate politely and type-in good vocabulary.)
There are some few details to include, which I will outline below:
1) Make use of a brief and detailed subject.
2) Make use of the appropriate and correct title of the supervisor.
3) Concise information about yourself and experience. (It should include your past projects, internship, attended seminars, thesis, etc.)
4) Main body. (This is where you need to brief him or her about your interest and prove how well you are interested in his or her research, including how familiar you are with it and your inquiry or probability of getting any form of financial aid.)
5) Conclusion. (At this point you can indirectly sell yourself and mention how suitable or important you are to accomplish the purpose of the research, then you end your letter; by stating how delighted you will be to receive his or her acknowledgement.)

I do hope this piece effectively guide you on what you need to compose a well-written email letter to that proposed Supervisor of yours.

Source: Josh Writing Services

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How to Contact Your Potential Supervisor for a Postgraduate Program by SOPWriter: 11:19am On Nov 23, 2019
It's easy!

(1) (Reply)

With 2m, Should I Travel Out With It Or Do A Masters Degree With It in Nigeria? / Best Tutorial Centres For UNILAG Postgraduate Entrance Exam / ,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.