Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,435 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market - NYSC (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market (25393 Views)

Dear Corp Member, Prepared For Labour Market? A Must Read!!! / What Is Your Fate In The Labour Market Ngerian Corper? / Is Professional Course Really Beneficial In The Labour Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 10:22am On Apr 25, 2022
Confuse on the career path to follow? Let's talk

Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 8:30am On May 19, 2022
After NYSC,what Next?

✅ If you are presently serving, the best time to start sending out your applications is atleast three months to your Passing out parade.

✅Ensure you take advantage of different professional trainings while serving. (You can also take free online courses depending on the career path you want to follow).

✅Stop sending out CVs prepared by a Cyber Cafe attendant. You should be intentional about your job search so a Professional and Standard CV should be your target (Call/WhatsApp Intelligentdude for this : 08134657689)

✅Attend lots of interviews while you are serving to build your confidence level and interview skills.

✅Attend lots of seminars/workshops and network with professionals, job seekers and fellow Corp members.

✅While serving, if your PPA is not in sync with your area of interest or career path, you can do a part time internship or volunteer with an organization in line with your career path.

✅While sending out your applications, ensure you send both your CV and Cover Letter. Even if you are told to send only cv ,make sure your cover letter follows it.

✅Lastly, move with the optimists who always see opportunities instead of doom. I recall in 2015, a lady who got in touch with me while serving (NYSC) told me of her desire to work in a Multinational company, she believed so much in that desire and the surprising thing is that got a job with a Multinational company in Lagos in the year 2017 without human connection.
Be careful of those with the mentality of there are no jobs in Nigeria. Everyday, loads of job adverts are placed on different platforms and interestingly,those who get the jobs are humans and not robots (atleast for now�).

✅Don’t forget to take your Linkedln Profile seriously. Linkedln houses decision makers, recruiters,HR personnels etc, Build and Optimize your Linkedln Profile, connect with professionals especially those in your career path. Remember, your network determines your networth.

For your Professional career counseling, Professional CV and Cover Letter writing (ATS & Standard CV), Linkedln Profile Optimization, Call/Text Intelligentdude: 08134657689.

Send us a mail : careerswithintelligentdude@gmail.com
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
This will be useful to those who will like to pursue a career in nursing abroad.

- Requirements
- Process
- Salary

Find it here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3KodFAT3QU

1 Share

Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 7:19am On Dec 19, 2022
Please I need a youth corper seeking a place to serve, preferably someone who lives in Lagos (Island)

Job Location: Ikoyi

Preferred course of study: Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related course.

Must have a keen interest in Information technology.

CV or contact details can be sent to o.olaghere@montego.com
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Kellykce: 11:49am On Jan 18, 2023
I did my hnd in metallurgical engineering, I want to further my studies but confused on how to go about it and choices of course I can further on
Intelligentdude:
I have been pondering on creating this thread for a while but because of my schedule, I had to postpone it and have been postponing it until today.

My name is Kenneth popularly known as intelligentdude. I am a Career Consultant and a recruiting personnel (Talent Acquisition Coach)with Intelligentdude Consult. Over the years,I have had interactions with a good number of graduates/corp members who are yet to define their career path even after graduation and most of them wander around not knowing what to do.

While working as a Human Resource Personnel/Admin. in one of the top web design and branding organizations in Lagos,I came in contact with graduates who were yearning to be properly guided in their career path so as not to spend their years in futility. Moreso,in the course of me writing/rewriting Curriculum Vitae(CV)for a good number of applicants,I have come to realize that most graduates need professional guidance in their career path.

While education is very important,it is expedient that graduates/corp members acquire the necessary skills in their area of study/interest/passion. Employers prefer those who do not only have certificate but possess sabificate. Sabificate simply means what you can do (wetin you sabi).

NYSC year is a year that can make or mar you depending on how you choose to utilize it. A good number of Corp members finish their youth service without acquiring any relevant skill which can help them transit quickly and successfully into the labour market. A graduate of Electrical Engineering who is posted to a Secondary School or Local Government can attach himself to an Electrician just to deepen his practical knowledge and experience.

Please understand,you can learn a profitable skill from anyone notwithstanding if he/she is an illiterate or literate. A graduate of Mechanical Engineering can volunteer to go worth with the seemingly illiterate Mechanics in his/her domain just to acquire the needed Technical skill and experience.
There are different opportunities one can take advantage of while serving to acquire needed skills and experience which will surely come to play while job hunting.

Starting a career in can be fairly straightforward. You pick an area of focus, learn it, and eventually find someone to hire you to do that type of work. As you grow, though, the path forward can become much less clear.

As a graduate of Computer Science,there are different career paths you can follow and this should inform your decision in the type of skills to acquire/learn and also the professional trainings you should undergo and the certifications you should possess.

As a graduate of Computer Science,you can pursue a Career as a:
1) Software Developer
2)Hardware Engineer
3) Web developer
4)Business Analyst
5)Quality Assurance Manager
6)Database Administrator
7)Network Administrator
viii)Security Analyst
9) IT Architect
10)Video Game Developer
11) Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Engineer
12)Data Scientist
13)Cloud Computing Engineer
14)Research and Development Scientist

Not only are computer science degrees needed for a number of applications across nearly every industry, but the total number of computer science jobs has also been steadily increasing. Those who did not study Computer Science in their undergraduate days are now coming onboard to learn and acquire IT Skills.

For those serving in fairly remote areas, if you would like to acquire a skill which can pay your bills,then you might want to consider Laptop repairs,phone repairs,Digital Marketing,Graphics, etc.

Task: Feel free to state the course you read or the career path you want to follow so I can counsel you on the professional trainings to undergo,the certificates to acquire etc.

You can also call/chat(whatsapp) us on : 08134657689 for your CV/Cover Letter,Job Search Support,Scholarship Search Support,Linkedln Profile Optimization,Statement of Purpose(SOP),LOI/LOM, Research Proposal,Assignments etc.

A nairalander testimony:
https://www.nairaland.com/4951418/how-got-job-oil-firm

Our Scholarship update thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/5399405/updated-scholarship-thread

Our daily Job alert thread
https://www.nairaland.com/5608339/updated-job-alerts
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 6:56pm On Jan 31, 2023
Hello, are you looking towards studying abroad or studying in Nigeria?
Kellykce:
I did my hnd in metallurgical engineering, I want to further my studies but confused on how to go about it and choices of course I can further on
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 12:01pm On Jul 19, 2023
Amidst the current situation in Nigeria, relying solely on 'Japa' (emigration) may not be the ultimate solution.
Instead, focusing on acquiring high-earning skills such as Forex trading, Cryptocurrency trading, Stock trading, Software development (including Cloud computing, DevOps, IT security, Data Analyst, etc.), and exploring other dollar-earning opportunities can be a more effective approach to navigate the challenges.

Software Development: Delve into the realm of software development, including Cloud computing, DevOps, IT security, Data Analyst, and more, to build valuable and in-demand skills.

By focusing on developing these high-earning skills and exploring dollar-earning opportunities while in Nigeria, individuals can empower themselves economically and face the present situation with resilience and adaptability.

✍️….. Intelligentdude

2 Likes

Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 11:16am On Oct 18, 2023
You will have to consider the specific areas within metallurgical engineering that intrigue you the most. For example, materials science, process engineering, or corrosion engineering. You may find that a specialization better suits your career goals.
Kellykce:
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Fortune444: 2:53am On Oct 23, 2023
Urgent job Opportunities in a Catering outfit in Eliozu, Port Harcourt:

We are a consultancy supporting our clients to recruit for the following positions in Port Harcourt for immediate start, thus seeking serious and competent applicants. The positions open are as follows:

Reference: SA1
Sales Assistant (1-5 years customer service/social media sales experience, good command of english, attractive offer).

Reference: OM1
-Operations Manager (5-8 years post graduate sales/catering experience minimum, honesty, leadership; attractive salary).

Reference: CC1
- Continental Chef (4-8 years experience in CONTINENTAL CUISINE, catering school diploma, hard-work, honesty, leadership; attractive salary).

Serious interests residing relatively close in Port Harcourt, to Eliozu, Rupoku, Eneka, Stadium Road, Rumudara and environs, and Send whatsapp today with voice note or CV to 08037260838, indicating REFERENCE FOR JOB of interest.

Additional benefits apply (daily feeding, off days, mentorship, etc).

All applicants to respond within 24-48 hours of receipt of this publication. Regards
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by garfield1: 6:14pm On Nov 29, 2023
Oziogu1
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 1:38pm On Mar 08
Hey
garfield1:
Oziogu1
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by MissKudoswrite(f): 12:06pm On Mar 11
Great
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by garfield1: 1:33pm On Apr 04
Intelligentdude:
Hey

Good day sir.is this your new moniker
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 9:38pm On Apr 05
Hello. Yes it is
garfield1:

Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 2:53pm On Apr 24
Yes
garfield1:

Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by garfield1: 3:04pm On Apr 24
Intelligentdude:
Yes

I sent you mail na on this moniker,you never replied oh.a lot is happening to ododo and bello
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Ambassador21(m): 10:50am On Apr 28
What certification am I supposed to get as a graduate in Electrical Electronics Engineering. And what are the best career path in Electrical Electronics Engineering.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NYSC 2016 Batch ‘B’ Online Registration For Orientation Course Notice / 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With / NYSC Batch B 2017 Mobilization Registration,timetable,orientation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.