Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market (25420 Views)

Dear Corp Member, Prepared For Labour Market? A Must Read!!! / What Is Your Fate In The Labour Market Ngerian Corper? / Is Professional Course Really Beneficial In The Labour Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 10:06pm On Jun 13, 2020
If you are not on LinkedIn you need to get there quick. This is the LARGEST professional networking platform out there.⁣

Recruiters live, breathe, and sleep on LinkedIn lol. Don’t miss out on your next opportunity.⁣

Get a well-written resume and cover letter, packaged with LinkedIn Optimization so that you are READY. Send me a DM(08134657689) to get started!
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Richdee1(m): 12:12am On Jun 14, 2020
Intelligentdude:
Hi, have you started volunteering in NGOs?

No sir/ Ma still searching.. This Corona shit is affecting everything
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 10:12am On Jun 14, 2020
Richdee1:

No sir/ Ma still searching.. This Corona shit is affecting everything
Where are you based?
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 3:49pm On Jun 14, 2020
For those interested in HR career path

Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by adelekestephen: 8:45am On Jun 15, 2020
Sir! What am presently studying in school is anatomy. Can you please guide me on what training to undergo before I finish. Thanks
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 10:16am On Jun 15, 2020
adepojuis:

Sir I think you miss this question, am also interested in your advice concerning this.
Cc:intelligentdude
Hi, I will reply you soonest .

1 Like

Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by adepojuis: 11:06am On Jun 15, 2020
Intelligentdude:
thanks.
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Richdee1(m): 11:12am On Jun 15, 2020
Intelligentdude:

What about someone that studied Social work? What next after??
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by FIPS: 2:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
Job Description: Executive Assistant (Real Estate)

Requirement
- Lawyer, corp member or intern

Qualified corpers should send CV/Resume to recruitments@fipsmultilinks.com
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by lizabeet(f): 6:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
Sir the link for registration
Intelligentdude:
For those interested in HR career path
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 7:57pm On Jun 15, 2020
lizabeet:
Sir the link for registration
All the information needed is on the flier.
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 8:42pm On Jun 16, 2020
Did you know that LinkedIn has a secret signal to recruiters that you can turn on to let them know you are open to new opportunities? ⁠

“Career Interests” is not really a secret signal, but it is a feature that job seekers can turn on when they are ready to attract the attention of recruiters. ⁠

The easiest way to set your Career Interests is to go to the Jobs page. ⁠

Along the top navigation bar, you will see “Career Interests”; click on this and then click “Go to Profile”. ⁠

You will be brought back to your page with the Career Interests pop-up appearing. Add in position titles and locations that you are open to. ⁠

You can then choose who you want to see this preference – recruiters or your whole network. The last option is a nice added feature as it allows you to be discreet in your search if that is your preference. ⁠

By turning this feature ‘on’, you will start to appear in searches conducted by those using the LinkedIn Recruiter product. ⁠

If you haven’t turned this feature on yet, and want to advertise your openness to opportunities, go and do it! I’d love to hear if it makes a difference for you. ⁠

Credit: Tom A.

2 Likes

Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by joywendy(f): 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2020
Hello Guys!

If you are looking for a job and looking for how to get experience and improve your skills.

Volunteering is your best bet! The benefits are enormous. You can get possible networks, improved new skills and so much more.

Kindly follow my thread and be updated with current volunteering vacancies. Also if you have one to share you can drop there:
https://www.nairaland.com/5928680/thread-volunteering-opportunities-nigeria#90711718
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by kochila(m): 2:35pm On Jun 17, 2020
Good day Bro.

Which career path can you suggest for a graduate from Economics department.

Cc: intelligentdude
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 4:40am On Jun 21, 2020
Dubetex96:
Good evening sir I'm a graduate of public administration, so I want to know some career path that's relevant to public administration.
Hello, a degree in Public Administration can prepare you with the skills and expertise to begin a successful career in any of the public, private and non-profit sectors.

Career Opportunities for Public Administration Graduates
Once you complete a degree in Public Administration, career options are numerous, specifically in the government, NGOs and the private sector as well. Here are some of the most popular and hunted jobs in Public Administration:
• Tax examiner
• Budget analyst
• Public Administration Consultant
• International aid/development worker
• Fundraising manager

Remember not to limit yourself. With professional trainings, you can switch career path to your area of choice/interest.
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 4:49am On Jun 21, 2020
Mcstaid:
Yes sir.
Are you looking at Teaching or Education Management?
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 4:57am On Jun 21, 2020
adepojuis:

Sir I think you miss this question, am also interested in your advice concerning this.
Cc:intelligentdude
Hello, The agricultural and biosystems engineering (ABEN) program prepares students for careers in:
• Machine Systems
• Processing Systems for food, biofuels, and other biproducts
• Natural Resources and Environmental Systems

Graduates for both concentrations may work in the following capacities: Design Engineer, Test Engineer, Project Engineer, Plant Engineer, Quality Control Engineer, Process Engineer, Energy Adviser, Consulting Engineer, and Environmental Engineer.

@blakid
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 5:08am On Jun 21, 2020
adelekestephen:
Sir! What am presently studying in school is anatomy. Can you please guide me on what training to undergo before I finish. Thanks
Anatomists fall under the larger category of medical scientists. Many of these professionals work in the academic, medical, or consumer research fields. The majority of academic researchers also teach undergraduate, graduate, and medical students.

For a start, undergo training in Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) and also do an internship to improve your practical experience.
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 5:34am On Jun 21, 2020
kochila:
Good day Bro.

Which career path can you suggest for a graduate from Economics department.

Cc: intelligentdude
Hi,kindly scroll from the first page for the answer. I believe I have answered this question.

1 Like

Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by adepojuis: 7:38am On Jun 21, 2020
Intelligentdude:
Hello, The agricultural and biosystems engineering (ABEN) program prepares students for careers in:
• Machine Systems
• Processing Systems for food, biofuels, and other biproducts
• Natural Resources and Environmental Systems

Graduates for both concentrations may work in the following capacities: Design Engineer, Test Engineer, Project Engineer, Plant Engineer, Quality Control Engineer, Process Engineer, Energy Adviser, Consulting Engineer, and Environmental Engineer.

@blakid
Very insightful! thank you sir.
Can you recommend any professional course for a graduate of the said discipline?
I am a serving Corp member and already have a HSE certification from novelle.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Richdee1(m): 11:45am On Jun 21, 2020
Intelligentdude:
Hi,kindly scroll from the first page for the answer. I believe I have answered this question.

Hello Good day. Great work you're doing here
I want to ask what's next for a person with Social Work degree?? NGO Volunteer or where can I face.
and also add Professional certificate I can run and add to my Degree, Probably in Health care
God bless

1 Like

Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 3:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
adepojuis:

Very insightful! thank you sir.
Can you recommend any professional course for a graduate of the said discipline?
I am a serving Corp member and already have a HSE certification from novelle.
Thanks.
Hello, I want to believe you have gone through the different job roles so my question is this : which of the job positions will you want to build a career in?
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 3:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
Richdee1:

Hello Good day. Great work you're doing here
I want to ask what's next for a person with Social Work degree?? NGO Volunteer or where can I face.
and also add Professional certificate I can run and add to my Degree, Probably in Health care
God bless
Hi . Are you presently serving ?
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Richdee1(m): 7:09pm On Jun 22, 2020
Intelligentdude:
Hi . Are you presently serving ?

No sir!.. Just want to plan for the future
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by adepojuis: 10:28pm On Jun 22, 2020
Intelligentdude:
Hello, I want to believe you have gone through the different job roles so my question is this : which of the job positions will you want to build a career in?
Apologies,I should have stated that earlier.
My interest has always been in machine design and fabrication, and power,so I'd fancy a career as a design engineer.
Thanks.
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 23, 2020
pls can I swear affidavit to replace my pry six certificate
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 23, 2020
pls can I swear affidavit to replace my pry six certificate ( Modify ) (Quote ) ( Report ) (Share)
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Hephsieba: 7:17am On Jun 26, 2020
Hello IntelligentDude, thank you for sharing this piece with us. It's very educative.

However, what would be your advice to someone that intends to walk the length and breadth of [investigative] journalism?

I look forward to reading from you.
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 8:37am On Jul 07, 2020
Linkedln Update
LinkedIn has rolled out new features for #jobseekers
LinkedIn has upgraded the 'Show Recruiters You're Open' feature to a hashtag and a frame called #OpenToWork

There are two ways to use #OpenToWork;
1. Let 'Only Recruiters' know you are open to work
2. Let 'Everyone On LinkedIn' know you are open to work

If you select option 1, only peope with recruiter products and titles can see that you are open.
If you select everyone on #LinkedIn, your profile picture will change to the green #opentowork frame. That way, anywhere your profile appears on LinkedIn, people will know that you are open to work.
Go and update your profile now

For your Linkedln Profile Optimization, Professional CV and Cover Letter, contact Intelligentdude Careers and CV Writing via our profile.
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 8:38am On Jul 07, 2020
Richdee1:

No sir!.. Just want to plan for the future
Okay. Great.
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Richdee1(m): 11:45am On Jul 07, 2020
Intelligentdude:
Okay. Great.
You've not still said anything concerning it What's the next step after having a BSC in Social Work?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NYSC Batch B 2017 Mobilization Registration,timetable,orientation / 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With / Corpers Lodge Invaded In Cross River State, Certificate Stolen- Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.