Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors (20236 Views)

New Stethoscope Cleaning Sytem For Doctors In Nigeria / NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? / Medical Council Outlaws Strike For Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by neyo2k7: 4:48pm On Nov 10, 2010
@all, lets view ds issue frm ds side, all we have as leaders are tyrants,despots who would stop at nothin to achieve their selfish ambitions, there has neva been a time u heard of politicians not being paid their allowances not to talk of the huge salaries, their wives inclusive, nigeria is yet to articulate d right value on professnals, academics,doctors are underpaid here.brain drain is d result we have.
I'm quite sure there must hav been meetings over meetings before the doctors could finally resolve to d strike action,
So fellow nigerians,lets not see the doctors,nlc,ASUU etc as been selfish when they finally resolve to d industrial action. I think that is d only language d nigerian govt at all levels understand. its time we place d right value on education by giving the commensurate pay to professionals,
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by reindeer: 5:02pm On Nov 10, 2010
newintexas:

I am more concerned about their experience. As far as I am concerned too many people in Nigeria die from medical mistakes. I do not have any problem with increasing their salaries. They also have to set a higher standard for the education of these physicians. I am tired of the trial and error medical practice that is so common in our country.

What experience are you talking about? poeple die from medical mistakes when they have made the wronG decisions based on information available to them.Now you tell me what investigative facilities are at their disposal. Doctors in NIgeria are practically miracle workers and risk takers cos you dont have good laboratory back up, radiology in most places is non-existent , i mean you wait for hours before you get xrays back(cos the films have to dry). The reason many cases are brought up here in the UK or the US is because a doctor here has facilities which enable him make better decisions faster.
I know there are bad eggs of course, but this should not be projected on the majority out there who know what they are doing and are toiling day and night with limited facilities and expected to work miracles.You are expected to make better dedcisions in the western world because you have been givne everything to do so and if you dont, you are made to face the law.It is only to whom MUCH is given that much can be expected.
We need to fight the criminals in govt who will never visit these hospitals yet say rubbish from their offices.NONSENSE!
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by texazzpete(m): 5:38pm On Nov 10, 2010
DeLaRue:

You put someone down for thinking like a child, yet blaming the govt, society and everyone else for not putting doctors on a pay pedestal undermines your claim to maturity. For instance to suggest that the Governor refused to negotiate is plain wrong.

Notwitstanding threats, intimidation, and blackmail - tools that these shameless doctors appear to have used to good effect in this case , a Governor must think carefully about agreeing to a 75% increase of anyone's salary, for the following reasons:

- can the state afford it
- does it make economic sense
- will workers from other sectors - teachers, nurses etc seek equanimity ie 75% or similar increase
- will it establish a precedence that is unsustainable in years to come.

In this case, and considering all the circumstances, particularly the unpleasant effect of a continuing doctors strike on the populace, the Governor has had to back down in the face of the doctors' blackmail. I think this is a necessary, if undesirable, step, but the doctors have not covered themselves in glory in this matter.

You also need to consider this -  nothing stops these doctors coming back in say 3 yrs time to ask for another 75% pay rise.

With every sector downing tools at will, if govt doesnt immediately yield to demands for ridiculously high pay increases, the Nigerian economy is sadly going to be in a mess for many years to come.

When is this revolving circle of every sector holding the rest of society to ranson going to end? I agree there should be a long term agreement around a moderate, affordable yearly pay rise.

Also, remember that Nigeria already spends almost 70% of its entire budget on paying salaries! Unbelievable, but true.

Stop speaking authoritatively on matters you know little about. It's pathetic.
No one asked to 'put Doctors on a pay pedestal'. Even a child can understand that what my post implied was that Doctors should be rewarded commensurately with the service they provide. Their profession is a highly specialized one that requires years of dedication to get into. Why then should they be made into martyrs for the rest of us?
If you equate paying Doctors a fair amount is 'putting them on a pay pedestal', then you need to have a rethink.

Secondly, the doctors were not given a pay increase. Their salaries were moved up to 75% of the CONMES (Consolidated Medical Salary Structure) . As someone succintly put it on the 234Next forum, if a doctor was earning N6 and the CONMES salary was N10, moving to 75% of the CONMES means a salary of N7.5.
The 75% increase smokescreen is just a cheap attempt by the lagos state government to swing over illiterate people to their side. Pity you're falling for this.

DeLaRue:

When is this revolving circle of every sector holding the rest of society to ranson going to end? I agree there should be a long term agreement around a moderate, affordable yearly pay rise.
Also, remember that Nigeria already spends almost 70% of its entire budget on paying salaries! Unbelievable, but true.

You agree? Who are you? No offense, but we'd much rather the Government agreed on this. And have you ever seen the Government on it own approve such an increase in yearly pay for any sector? So how do you make the Government agree to such a pay increase structure if not by going on strike?
Prayers, perhaps? Or fasting?

Look, this is a simple give and take world. You provide a service and are paid for it. If the pay is not enough, then you withhold your service!
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by texazzpete(m): 5:40pm On Nov 10, 2010
Here's a section culled from 234Next

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Health/5640396-146/story.csp

Insufficient doctors

Lagos State has about 1100 doctors, working across 24 general hospitals, 276 primary healthcare clinics and a teaching hospital; whereas the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, a federal hospital in the state, has about 900 doctors. And this staff shortage may continue to play an integral role in the state health sector. However, the state government has continued to expand and increase the number of health facilities in the state, to cater for the state’s teeming population, estimated at 18 million, without a relative increase of staff work force.

Mr Idris said the state government’s priority in the sector was “free health mission, revamping the primary healthcare, health insurance and infrastructure renewal.” “We are doing all these now, especially infrastructure, which is a one-off thing; after that, staff welfare will take centre stage,” he said. Taofeek Majolagbe, the Lagos Medical Guild Vice President, confirmed the workload on state doctors, saying a doctor attends “to an average of 60 to 70 patients every day, and we are that few in state hospitals because doctors don’t want to stay.”

Another doctor, who also spoke on condition of anonymity, noted that the heavy workload also affects their ability to prepare well for periodic professional medical examinations, which their colleagues doing lesser amount of work pass more easily. “You are failing your examinations because you are too overworked to prepare well, you are frustrated; you are over-worked, you are frustrated; and you are earning pittance, you are frustrated, so it’s triple jeopardy for doctors here,” he said. “Don’t try to deceive people with fine buildings where there will be long queues of patients. It’s easier for the government to give contracts out to their cronies and friends than to increase workers’ salaries because the increment goes into the pockets of the workers and not to their cronies.”
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by texazzpete(m): 5:46pm On Nov 10, 2010
Sorry for ranting on and on, but i'm really pissed off with some of the comments in this section.

LUTH is just ONE federal hospital, but it has 900 doctors.

Lagos State Government has only 1100 doctors. And these cater for 24 general hospitals, 276 primary healthcare clinics and a teaching hospital!
And the Lagos State Government continues to build more and more without employing dramatically more staff. As a result Lagos State doctors are far more overworked than their federal counterparts.
Yet to add to this ignominy, they are earning significantly less than their counterparts in the Federal hospitals.

At the same time, rents in Lagos are going up, cost of living is going up. And yet people are demanding they stay and work in such conditions!

Keep kissing the rump of your god-messiah-perfect Governor who would rather ferret away the state's money into the pockets of his cronies.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by anonimi: 5:48pm On Nov 10, 2010
does anyone know how much % increase political jobbers (the two governors, legislators, LG chairmen and councillors, commissioners, special & unspecial advisers & assistants) have given to themselves since 1999
can you compare with what the civil servants have received as increase in the same period
what do you have.
yet they live in the same society and share the same cost of living.
anyone asking for sympathy from the doctors should first of all ask for sympathy from these political jobbers milking us ALL dry by the minute.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 10, 2010
anonimi:

does anyone know how much % increase political jobbers (the two governors, legislators, LG chairmen and councillors, commissioners, special & unspecial advisers & assistants) have given to themselves since 1999
can you compare with what the civil servants have received as increase in the same period
what do you have.
yet they live in the same society and share the same cost of living.
anyone asking for sympathy from the doctors should first of all ask for sympathy from these political jobbers milking us ALL dry by the minute.

GBAMMMMMMM!

I wish the politicians can go on their own strike sad
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by anonimi: 5:55pm On Nov 10, 2010
texazzpete:

So how do you make the Government agree to such a pay increase structure if not by going on strike?
Prayers, perhaps? Or fasting?

grin grin grin
the matter too serious for laugh BUT the above captures what all the educated illiterates would rather have the doctors and other long-suffering workers do. like sey im go pay "mama put" with prayers ONLY.

texazzpete:

Look, this is a simple give and take world. You provide a service and are paid for it. If the pay is not enough, then you withhold your service!

thank you for putting it so clearly for those who can read & write BUT find it difficult to reflect.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 10, 2010
@Ileke idi,read my lips,only a healthy (physical,mental and pocketwise) Dr is a good Dr.A labourer deserves his commensurate wages as the Bible dictates.If you compare the take home of Drs here with that of Ghana,South africa,Egypt,Botswana and Libya,you will marvel.The middle east offers greener pastures to experts who would hav contributed their quota to nation building.Notice that I did not compare the remunerations here with that in developed societies!
[b]It might interest you to know that there are more Nig Drs practicing abroad than in Nig.[/b]The resultant brain drain has furthe reduced the quality of undergraduate and postgraduate medical training.How can nigerian Drs move in droves to Angola,Egypt and liberia?
The new generation Nig Dr must continue to fight his cause.The ruling class should be held responsible for any untoward effect of any strike embarked upon by Drs in Nig!

My dear, my forum had a discussion about that and I assure you that it has almost nothing to do with their pay. Salary of doctors ranges around N65k [my estimation] monthly. And it's not as if they're complaining about late payment, but salary increase. Medical students/ healthworkers go oversea to further their education, but yet some can't even practice what they've learn because of the availability of technologies in Nigeria. And not only that, a whole load of other mess, and I think you should check this thread ==> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-471320.0.html .
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 10, 2010
kobo!

hmmm. . . . I commend you for the way in which you have chosen to approach this but I disagree with your point. It is the government to blame in this, not the doctors. The government hired the doctors to do a job for which it has refused to fairly compensate them. The government here has to take the blame, not doctors for trying to protect their interests.

I'd have no problem if they find another way to protect their interest, but endangering the lives of patients you swore to protect is highly selfish.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by reindeer: 6:07pm On Nov 10, 2010
and what ways do you suggest?
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2010
DeLaRue:

You put someone down for thinking like a child, yet blaming the govt, society and everyone else for not putting doctors on a pay pedestal undermines your claim to maturity. For instance to suggest that the Governor refused to negotiate is plain wrong.

Notwitstanding threats, intimidation, and blackmail - tools that these shameless doctors appear to have used to good effect in this case , a Governor must think carefully about agreeing to a 75% increase of anyone's salary, for the following reasons:

- can the state afford it
- does it make economic sense
- will workers from other sectors - teachers, nurses etc seek equanimity ie 75% or similar increase
- will it establish a precedence that is unsustainable in years to come.

In this case, and considering all the circumstances, particularly the unpleasant effect of a continuing doctors strike on the populace, the Governor has had to back down in the face of the doctors' blackmail. I think this is a necessary, if undesirable, step, but the doctors have not covered themselves in glory in this matter.

You also need to consider this -  nothing stops these doctors coming back in say 3 yrs time to ask for another 75% pay rise.

With every sector downing tools at will, if govt doesnt immediately yield to demands for ridiculously high pay increases, the Nigerian economy is sadly going to be in a mess for many years to come.

O SEUN JARE.

reindeer:

and what ways do you suggest?

I dont know, I dont work in Nigeria's atmosphere. I'm sure that there are other ways to get attention, risking your patient's life is not the ONLY option.

So who should we expect to go on strike next? Oh yea, great development.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by texazzpete(m): 6:27pm On Nov 10, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I dont know, I dont work in Nigeria's atmosphere. I'm sure that there are other ways to get attention, risking your patient's life is not the ONLY option.

Nope. you don't get off that easy. What other way can the doctors get a pay rise?
Here's a hint: There's no other way to get attention. Perhaps they could take up arms?

The Governor took an oath to protect the lives and properties of Lagosians. When you go on strike as a doctor for a cause that is right, you'd expect the Government to do the right thing and take concrete steps to solving the impasse.
When the Government does nothing, it only shows the contempt they hold for the common man.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by reindeer: 6:31pm On Nov 10, 2010
I am a doctor and i worked in Nigeria before relocating to the UK some years back, so i know what obtains on both sides.
I tell you there is no other alternative to getting stone heads to hear you.The world expects you to be working for charity while you pay for everything.Its just not possible,you wouldnt say this if your dad was one of those doctors and the money you get for your university education comes from that source.Pay was pitiable, conditions abominable and you are expected to continue working?
Here in the Uk i can predict when my pay comes in each month, i know how much i will collect with no errors, infact i can tell you dates my account will be credited by the NHS for the next 6 months!It is just a pity that the masses will keep suffering like this because they are quiet when politicians are increasing salaries everyday and even stealing to top it all. There should be mass protests.The nigerian politician (and the masses)understand only the language of strikes because they will ignore warnings.
I had been in Nigeria back then during strikes and we still worked day and nights for patients on admission, we just didnt admit new ones, if that isnt enough sacrifice for you then i dont know what will suffice.Let me tell you how bad,because as a doctor back then i couldnt afford paying my rents in ikeja i had to move to ikorodu and commute for 2-3hours to and from work everyday to a general hospital on the island.So dont sit behind your computer and pontificate to me about ''moral'' issues.strikes arent the option and yet you cant think of one ,just one other way of making grievances known.
Its going to keep getting worse i see.about 70 of us graduated from my class and over 30 are in the UK now,well employed and getting paid enough for us all to have bought good homes in london within 5years of working.There are about another 20 in the US, out of the remaining some are planning to relocate soon cos of metalities like those of this ileke idi who think docs should continue suffering.
You may say Nigerian doctors are 'quacks' etc, dont worry, that only means the developed world appreciates these quacks well,fine with me.
The full blame goes to the lame ducks and block heads who only have power cos people allow them to.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by geerufus(m): 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2010
SO FASHOLA HAS FINALLY INCREASED THEIR PAY AFTER THOUSANDS HAVE DIED.
THESE GOVT OFFICIALS ARE JUST IDIOTS. YOU KNOW YOU WOULD EVENTUALLY EFFECT THE INCREAMENT, SO WHY WAIT THIS LONG UNTIL THE PASSAGE OF LOTS OF SOULS.
FASHOLA AND HIS COHORTS SHOULD BE CHARGED FOR MASS MURDER.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by deols(f): 7:45pm On Nov 10, 2010
The lives of the patients should be more Important. But, the government should also av bn more responsive.

Just imagine what it takes to go through med. schl, not forgettn d expenses only to earn a meager? where as politicians wv primary schl cert. and a very bad command of Eng. earn much more than that!
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On Nov 10, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

kobo!

I'd have no problem if they find another way to protect their interest, but endangering the lives of patients you swore to protect is highly selfish.

Well, unfortunately, even doctors need to ensure THEIR OWN lives are protected, even as they work to protect that of the public. By the way, you do know that these doctors are civil servants, right? Cause someone commented on the many outrageous raises the governors, and politicians have given themselves since taking office while civil servants, including the doctors have been mostly ignored.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by Mustay(m): 9:10pm On Nov 10, 2010
In this country, except it's you the shoe pinches, then the action makes no sense. These guys gave warnings and ultimatums before going on strike. I bet they did not studu in Medic school to die for another man. Have you also forgotten that Govt officials swore to an oath of office? Or didn't they promise to cater fo our welfare during elections.

During the strike, at different fora Fash was adamant that the doctors forget the CONMESS and remember the infrastructure his govt has built in hospitals instead of negotiating with them.

It's always difficult for people to look at issues dispassiontely and blame it on Mr. A. If LASG were really serious about protecting lives of people, they wouldn't have called the bluff of Doctors and threaten to sack them ( the same thing sacked Uduaghan of Delta state promised to do). Alot of Nigerian Doctors are 'pure water' in S. ARABIA and we complain of brain drain. Sometimes, the ego of these govt officials allow them to think improperly!

Issues must be treated at its mrit instead of playing blame games.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by Mustay(m): 9:37pm On Nov 10, 2010
It's amazing to see how rapid some Nigerians are to criticize the likes of Doctors, ASUU and NLC when they down tools and play the moral watchdog by terming them 'selfish'. Yet, these same people are so docile to hold their elected representatives to account when they purchase one torchlight for 18,000 Naira (the peanut NLC demands) and they begin to chant the "God will help us" slogan. Nonsense
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by Kilode1: 10:07pm On Nov 10, 2010
Check the links below to read several reports of how much we pay lazy, retarded political jobbers who contribute more to the daily suffering and deaths of My people than any striking doctor can.

On another note; The the links I posted are not Government websites, That to me is shameful!! and it speaks volumes -these lechees have wasted hundreds of billions of dollars since oil was discovered at Oloibiri in 1956 and they till can't afford to spend money on decent transparent record keeping.  Go figure undecided

what will it cost the ministry in charge of state and Federal pay to have this--->
http://www.opm.gov/oca/10tables/index.asp 

No, they won't do that, they will rather compete with Americans by sending their kids to Oxford and Imperial college. All they do is watch DSTV during office hours while plotting how to steal the next stash of public funds.

Links detailing how much looters earn officially

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/nigeria%E2%80%99s-federal-legislator-earns-more-obama-prof-itse-sagay

http://community.234next.com/content/democracy-profligacy-and-outright-treasury-looting

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-276078.0.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVL-G7vcF0I

Direct your anger and outrage at the right people!
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by MUZBO(m): 11:48pm On Nov 10, 2010
This dumb govt is tryin to mislead the public again and letting the public think its a 75% increment rather its 75% of conmess itself. Lag Drs were collecting about 74% of conmess b4 this so what's with the one percent increase. We aint fooled!! And if u think Dr shouldn't strike to protect their interest then you r also a fool.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by MUZBO(m): 12:01am On Nov 11, 2010
This dumb govt is tryin to mislead the public again and letting the public think its a 75% increment rather its 75% of conmess itself. Lag Drs were collecting about 74% of conmess b4 this so what's with the one percent increase. We aint fooled!! And if u think Dr shouldn't strike to protect their interest then you r also a fool.
reindeer:

I am a doctor and i worked in Nigeria before relocating to the UK some years back, so i know what obtains on both sides.
I tell you there is no other alternative to getting stone heads to hear you.The world expects you to be working for charity while you pay for everything.Its just not possible,you wouldnt say this if your dad was one of those doctors and the money you get for your university education comes from that source.Pay was pitiable, conditions abominable and you are expected to continue working?
Here in the Uk i can predict when my pay comes in each month, i know how much i will collect with no errors, infact i can tell you dates my account will be credited by the NHS for the next 6 months!It is just a pity that the masses will keep suffering like this because they are quiet when politicians are increasing salaries everyday and even stealing to top it all. There should be mass protests.The nigerian politician (and the masses)understand only the language of strikes because they will ignore warnings.
I had been in Nigeria back then during strikes and we still worked day and nights for patients on admission, we just didnt admit new ones, if that isnt enough sacrifice for you then i dont know what will suffice.Let me tell you how bad,because as a doctor back then i couldnt afford paying my rents in ikeja i had to move to ikorodu and commute for 2-3hours to and from work everyday to a general hospital on the island.So dont sit behind your computer and pontificate to me about ''moral'' issues.strikes arent the option and yet you cant think of one ,just one other way of making grievances known.
Its going to keep getting worse i see.about 70 of us graduated from my class and over 30 are in the UK now,well employed and getting paid enough for us all to have bought good homes in london within 5years of working.There are about another 20 in the US, out of the remaining some are planning to relocate soon cos of metalities like those of this ileke idi who think docs should continue suffering.
You may  say Nigerian doctors are 'quacks' etc, dont worry, that only means the developed world appreciates these quacks well,fine with me.
The full blame goes to the lame ducks and block heads who only have power cos people allow them to.
Hi there, missed u on this forum because u talk so much sense! Keep it up and keep making the big bucks. Thank God u were smart early enough to leave this hell.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by MUZBO(m): 12:35am On Nov 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Even tho I understand the grief that these doctors go through with the low wages, late payment and lack of modernized technologies in their facilities, I still believe that their strike was jut selfish and thoughtless.

These doctors have been on strike for months [3, I think]. What effect has their strike had on their patients? Are the nurses with limited medical knowledge seeing to their patients?

This is past ridiculous. Why don't they make it illegal for public employees,
Girl puleasse, keep eating ur macaronni and cheese! U don't know jack about Drs so just stop being annoying! I'm not even goin to explain any fundamental principles to u, I'll just refer u to sensible guys like 'reindeer'. U think this is ur manicure/beauty outfit where pple come to u to give them temporarary beauty(I'm sure that's all u learnt from ur technical training college to come talk with so much ignorance). They say when u argue with a dumb person pple might not know the difference so I don't want pple to think I'm dumb. Please stick to ur 'tribalism' section where hearsay rules, this is real life!!
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 11, 2010
reindeer:

You may say Nigerian doctors are 'quacks' etc, dont worry, that only means the developed world appreciates these quacks well,fine with me.

Wow. . . .this is an eye opener.

MUZBO:

Girl puleasse, keep eating your macaronni and cheese! U don't know jack about Drs so just stop being annoying! I'm not even goin to explain any fundamental principles to u, I'll just refer u to sensible guys like 'reindeer'. U think this is your manicure/beauty outfit where pple come to u to give them temporarary beauty(I'm sure that's all u learnt from your technical training college to come talk with so much ignorance). They say when u argue with a dumb person pple might not know the difference so I don't want pple to think I'm dumb. Please stick to your 'tribalism' section where hearsay rules, this is real life!!
For someone that degraded another person's point, he has yet to make his own. You don't know any fundamental principle to explain, please keep eaiting your garri and epka. As if your analogy made any sense.

You're right, let the likes of reindeer explain the level of Nigeria's doctor to us while you contine to chew on the grass outside. Can you imagine!

Kobojunkie:

Well, unfortunately, even doctors need to ensure THEIR OWN lives are protected, even as they work to protect that of the public. By the way, you do know that these doctors are civil servants, right? Cause someone commented on the many outrageous raises the governors, and politicians have given themselves since taking office while civil servants, including the doctors have been mostly ignored.

Like I said before, I have no problem with their outrage, just the way they choose to go about it. But if you guys say there's no other way for them to be taken seriously, then I guess many lives will continue to be wasted.

texazzpete:

Nope. you don't get off that easy. What other way can the doctors get a pay rise?
Here's a hint: There's no other way to get attention. Perhaps they could take up arms?

The Governor took an oath to protect the lives and properties of Lagosians. When you go on strike as a doctor for a cause that is right, you'd expect the Government to do the right thing and take concrete steps to solving the impasse.
When the Government does nothing, it only shows the contempt they hold for the common man.
O.K
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by MUZBO(m): 12:48am On Nov 11, 2010
Drs have already rejected the offer anyway! @ileke-idi and co. can eat dirt now!
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/11/10/doctors-reject-fasholas-offer-vow-to-continue-strike-2/
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 11, 2010
MUZBO:

Drs have already rejected the offer anyway! @ileke-idi and co. can eat dirt now!
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/11/10/doctors-reject-fasholas-offer-vow-to-continue-strike-2/

And in your mind this is a good thing. . . . I dont eat dirt sweety, suya is better.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by MUZBO(m): 1:06am On Nov 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Wow. . . .this is an eye opener.
So now u can bury ur head in shame!
Ileke-IdI:

For someone that degraded another person's point, he has yet to make his own. You don't know any fundamental principle to explain, please keep eaiting your garri and epka. As if your analogy made any sense.

You're right, let the likes of reindeer explain the level of Nigeria's doctor to us while you contine to chew on the grass outside. Can you imagine!
Puleease don't patronise me, I didn't degrade your point because u had none. Some Drs r still living with the hardship 'reindeer' escaped from yet r keeping it real with the oath; if u r just getting the point now then u should just hush and delete ur earlier posts!!
Ileke-IdI:

Like I said before, I have no problem with their outrage, just the way they choose to go about it. But if you guys say there's no other way for them to be taken seriously, then I guess many lives will continue to be wasted.
O.K

please suggest ways to go about it ooo. When microsoft starts making 'smartware' for laptops etc pple like u will be frustrated into extinction as your computer will keep screaming: ''not an effective option" as u try to solve problems u know nothing about. Abegi joor!!
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by reindeer: 1:07am On Nov 11, 2010
No need to get personal guys. . .
@muzbo missd ya too.
I was actually tripped at my own anger at this government, maybe because i'd worked for them before and saw, pepper!!
I know how many months i had to battle to correct my pay grade cos about 20k was always missing from my meagre monthly pay.
I only wish these dirt talking politicians will realise they only govern over the living and place a good premium on health.
Health is much appreciated out here, even in the(some say)rabid manner the conservative government here is going about the spending cuts, the NHS was largely left untouched and infact spending was increased!That is a government that realises the place of health.
@muzbo, if you dey NIja, hurry up carry ya things and move over to where you'd be appreciated and frankly, the UK is still largely short on doctors,i know how many times my department had had to resort to LOCUMS to cover gaps in the rota.At least you wont have to worry about pay, or get depressed watching a patient die knowing there's much you could have done but couldn't do for infrastructural constraints.
Those animals in Government should be fought to a standstill.
They kill local hospitals and run here for minor ailments.EWU, GOATS,LESSER ANIMALS!!
I DEY VESK angry
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by Nobody: 1:13am On Nov 11, 2010
It doesnt really cost that much to train a doctor in Nigeria to be honest. I think this misleading claim comes from the fact that it costs a fortune just to earn an MD in the US. My brother has to work and obtain loans just to finance a medical career despite having a half scholarship! shocked
Back to naija, the federal doctors are quite lucky, you cant say the same for the state doctors.

I see a lot of folks crying piteously about Nigerian docs not having pity on their patients. I think much of this is down to one thing - ignorance. I grew up with a doctor mother and the amount of work these people do for such pitiful pay is incredible! You work for 10 hrs a day YET will be expected to cover another 5 hrs at night minus on days when there is an emergency (your family will be lucky to see you at all in 48 hrs.

Perhaps those who dont know much about Nigeria (or just about anything else really) shld keep quiet. grin
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by MUZBO(m): 1:19am On Nov 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

And in your mind this is a good thing. . . . I dont eat dirt sweety, suya is better.
Just pray u don't eat suya ladened with the Cholera bacterium because as u nearly vomit ur intestines there'll be no Dr in Lagos to help!

Here's the part where u say u don't live in Naija which will then underscore the fact that u don't know jack!
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by mrofficial(m): 1:20am On Nov 11, 2010
NEPA strike! ASUU strike! Doctors strike! Workers strike! Bankers strike! Even thunder strike! Naija i hail thee, u re d best striker!!! But if e reach football u no go sabi strike!

^^
 grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by MUZBO(m): 1:34am On Nov 11, 2010
reindeer:

No need to get personal guys. . .
@muzbo missd ya too.
I was actually tripped at my own anger at this government, maybe because i'd worked for them before and saw, pepper!!
I know how many months i had to battle to correct my pay grade cos about 20k was always missing from my meagre monthly pay.
I only wish these dirt talking politicians will realise they only govern over the living and place a good premium on health.
Health is much appreciated out here, even in the(some say)rabid manner the conservative government here is going about the spending cuts, the NHS was largely left untouched and infact spending was increased!That is a government that realises the place of health.
@muzbo, if you dey NIja, hurry up carry ya things and move over to where you'd be appreciated and frankly, the UK is still largely short on doctors,i know how many times my department had had to resort to LOCUMS to cover gaps in the rota.At least you wont have to worry about pay, or get depressed watching a patient die knowing there's much you could have done but couldn't do for infrastructural constraints.
Those animals in Government should be fought to a standstill.
They kill local hospitals and run here for minor ailments.EWU, GOATS,LESSER ANIMALS!!
I DEY VESK angry
lmao! I get ur drift and u r quite right as usual. I should come for holidays ASAP and see things for me self then hopefully take the great migration! U know I won't stand 4 for some beaded waist-banded type-happy pranksters talkin crap!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Lose Weight Without Going To The Gym / Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? / NCDC Confirms 21 Monkeypox Cases, One Death In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.