Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba (61527 Views)

Femi Fani Kayode: I Will Never Join APC, Till Jesus Comes (Throwback Video) / Fani-Kayode: "I Will Never Leave PDP Till Thy Kingdom Come" - Throwback Video / Femi Fani-Kayode: I Caught My Wife In Bed With A Married Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by AmuDimpka: 6:03am On Oct 23, 2019
Wyttcat:
You know you were 'Eebo' until you heard 'igbo' from Yoruba and then changed your name.

Oyo Oba is where Yoruba came from and Oyo is still there.

No, that's a lie, ndi is ibo and added to 'igbo' a Yoruba word to make it sound yours, it's like renting a house and then paint it to your choice of color.

Fanikayode is a dumb crackpot who doesn't know what's he's going on around him half the time, so he has no idea what he's saying.

Eebo, teeebo or kibooo what I know that fani say that the meaning of Yoruba is unreliable, untrustworthy and bunch of liers and that is exactly what we have been saying and he has distances his name from that stupid name Yoruba ...even the word Anonga is a derogatory word we used to describe Yoruba

So deal with him .....lol

He is a Yoruba man and he has said the truth

No wonder egun, Okun and some ijebu hate to be called Yoruba....I remember the day I called my driver omo Yoruba ...the elders looked at me sternly...I asked the elders is he not a Yoruba child....

They can't answer

LoL....truth is awesome

3 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by AmuDimpka: 6:06am On Oct 23, 2019
mercyville:

lol
Without proof?It is a global world.It is easy to debunk lies these days.He must have taken an Osu opium when he said it

He knows Yoruba guys like us will easily defeat the lies with extensive facts.He must have told his wife that.Let me brag..We are not a tribe with the highest educational laurels in Africa for nothing.. grin

Forget educational Laurel...I get am before no be property...ekiti is competing with zanfara today

Now back to Yoruba ....tell me one Yoruba town that starts and ends with Yoruba if Yoruba has any meaning ? Tell me one name that starts or end with Yoruba ...if Yoruba has meaning

None.... Absolutely none unlike other tribes

Yoruba is a name given to the tribe by the north or strangers and even the worst the other name Anonga is derogatory name for them in Togo , Ghana and benin. Talking from experience. That was why FFK didn't want to go to that Anonga route

Well, don't engage me, engage fani kayode... He said that Yoruba means unreliable, treachery and untrustworthy folks and I am thinking that he is right .... posterity would judge him in good light because the world has seen that..he only confirmed it as a son of soil

Deal with him not me ....bye

3 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by AmuDimpka: 6:16am On Oct 23, 2019
maak400:

Well written. The level of hatred and bile the igbos exhibit towards Yoruba is out of this world! I have never seen a whole tribe display so much hatred towards another like the way igbos are doing. It’s really a shame.

It is not a shame ..it is a slight to you...they are Doug it so that you guys can delevelop some guts like Malaysia that expelled Singapore.... So expel Igbo to Biafra ... otherwise the hate might continue...it was Awolowo that caused it by demonstratinh the Yoruba tendencies which Kayode explained to the world

So the best thing....expel Igbo and stop begging them for unity...Igbo are bunch of crazies...they would irritate you and piss you off so the best thing expel them....only if you have the liver ... unfortunately you don't
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by AmuDimpka: 6:28am On Oct 23, 2019
isthatso:
this man talks too much, yesterday he said yoruba means slave, today he says it means unreliable.

...and he is right
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Makuos19: 7:00am On Oct 23, 2019
mercyville:

We will send Igbo warriors to go and crown him the King Of the Osus.He is now a bonafide Osu grin cheesy cheesy
Again, thsnk you for accepting the truth told by your brother grin
https://www.babalawoobanifa.com/2019/07/the-meanings-and-origin-of-word-yoruba.html?m=1
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by orisa37: 7:23am On Oct 23, 2019
fergie001:
Nigeria’s former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode has said that he is not Yoruba. Fani disclosed this on Twitter while stressing that the word Yoruba is alien to his culture and not known in the Anago language while revealing that the name Yoruba was derived from “Yoruba” and that it means “shady and unreliable”

Fani-Kayode in his words said the “Yoruba” is alien to his culture and not known in the Anago language while revealing that the name Yoruba was derived from “Yoruba” and that it means “shady and unreliable”.

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/realFFK/status/1186223870308769793

FFK is now a mixed Blood of Yari-Yamirins and has produced some Rotimi Amaechis for Nigerians
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by orisa37: 7:41am On Oct 23, 2019
On a serious note, Yoruba is neither Hausa nor Fulani word. It's not derisive. So FFK, please don't give us that sentimental clap-trap.

Yoruba is the Modus operandi to Solutions to Problems and Issues of ODUDUWA.

ODUDUWA is the ISSUE
YORUBA is the SOLUTION.

Think about That.

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Makuos19: 7:46am On Oct 23, 2019
orisa37:
On a serious note, Yoruba is neither Hausa nor Fulani word. It's not derisive. So FFK, please don't give us that sentimental clap-trap.

Yoruba is the Modus operandi to Solutions to Problems and Issues of ODUDUWA.

ODUDUWA is the ISSUE
YORUBA is the SOLUTION.

Think about That.

https://www.babalawoobanifa.com/2019/07/the-meanings-and-origin-of-word-yoruba.html?m=1
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Makuos19: 7:47am On Oct 23, 2019
orisa37:

FFK is now a mixed Blood of Yari-Yamirins and has produced some Rotimi Amaechis for Nigerians
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by mercyville: 8:39am On Oct 23, 2019
AmuDimpka:

Forget educational Laurel...I get am before no be property...ekiti is competing with zanfara today

Now back to Yoruba ....tell me one Yoruba town that starts and ends with Yoruba if Yoruba has any meaning ? Tell me one name that starts or end with Yoruba ...if Yoruba has meaning

None.... Absolutely none unlike other tribes

Yoruba is a name given to the tribe by the north or strangers and even the worst the other name Anonga is derogatory name for them in Togo , Ghana and benin. Talking from experience. That was why FFK didn't want to go to that Anonga route

Well, don't engage me, engage fani kayode... He said that Yoruba means unreliable, treachery and untrustworthy folks and I am thinking that he is right .... posterity would judge him in good light because the world has seen that..he only confirmed it as a son of soil

Deal with him not me ....bye

lol
Unfortunately for you,Fani is not here but you and your ilks that have carried the matter on your heads as if you are hawking your usual fan yogo or chewing sticks. Fani Kayode said he is not Yoruba but Omoluabi.I think he still doesn't want to join the league of you Osus yet.. grin

It is hard for an intelligent person like me...lol....to explain to some dunderheads that Yoruba was gotten from Oyo people(who were the only people being called Yoruba then)by Amad Baba,a writer/historian, who was the first to use Yoruba in his arabic book/manuscript where the hausas,who were basically students of arabic,got the name.

How did Amad Baba,the historian come about the name.Does it have any meaning in Songhai....no.

Does it have meaning with the Oyo people where Amad Baba got it from?...

There are old manuscripts that stated that the Yorubas came from
Egypt or the Arabia/Mecca.Yoruba had words like Ya Raba which means Oh God,they have Araba who was their deviner etc.These are their everyday words.
Yoruba were called Yaraba,yarabawa primarily by the people who could read Amad Baba arabic book e.g Hausas,their neighbours until we got Yoruba.

Now,the question,is Yoruba derogatory?
Is it bad to bear Yoruba as a tribe?

Yoruba is a powerful name that has the
arabic name of God...Rabi...the Almghty,Omnipotent,All Wise,The All in All being used by a people.These people are really so lucky!
Yoruba is the best name any tribe will beg for.It has God's name imbedded in it.It is highly blessed.

THE RESULT OF USING THE BLESSED NAME,YORUBA:

Yoruba empire was the longest reigning empire in Nigeria and the biggest and most expansive.

The western region...Yoruba people,even in opposition,was the best place in sub saharan Africa then.They even lent money to Nigeria twice during this period.

Yoruba is the only race,not country, that has gotten the highest educational and entertainment achievements in the whole Afrkca....phew!
Yorubas have 2 Nobel Laureates,7 geniuses who had gotten the perfect score of 5.0 CGP in the world,5 youngest phd holders in the world(among the best),more than 11 grammy awards etc.

Yorubaland is the 4th economy in Africa.Yorubaland is the most industrialised in Nigeria.Yorubaland is the most developed and richest in Nigeria.May God forgive me.

The list goes on and on...

2 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Makuos19: 8:57am On Oct 23, 2019
mercyville:

You must be a warrior in 1921 too?
Igbo warriors grin
Your brother FANI KAYODE has said the truth. You can do nothing to it!!! grin

http://ibadans..com/2017/11/what-is-meaning-of-word-yoruba.html
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Makuos19: 8:58am On Oct 23, 2019
mercyville:

lol
Unfortunately for you,Fani is not here but you and your ilks that have carried the matter on your heads as if you are hawking your usual fan yogo or chewing sticks. Fani Kayode said he is not Yoruba but Omoluabi.I think he still doesn't want to join the league of you Osus yet.. grin

It is hard for an intelligent person like me...lol....to explain to some dunderheads that Yoruba was gotten from Oyo people(who were the only people being called Yoruba then)by Amad Baba,a writer/historian, who was the first to use Yoruba in his arabic book/manuscript where the hausas,who were basically students of arabic,got the name.

How did Amad Baba,the historian come about the name.Does it have any meaning in Songhai....no.

Egypt or the Arabia/Mecca.Yoruba had words like Ya Raba which means Oh God,they have Araba who was their deviner etc.These are their everyday words.
Yoruba were called Yaraba,yarabawa primarily by the people who could read Amad Baba arabic book e.g Hausas,their neighbours until we got Yoruba.

arabic name of God...Rabi...the Almghty,Omnipotent,All Wise,The All in All being used by a people.These people are really so lucky!
Yoruba is the best name any tribe will beg for.It has God's name imbedded in it.It is highly blessed.

Yoruba empire was the longest reigning empire in Nigeria and the biggest and most expansive.

The western region...Yoruba people,even in opposition,was the best place in sub saharan Africa then.They even lent money to Nigeria twice during this period.

Yoruba is the only race,not country, that has gotten the highest educational and entertainment achievements in the whole Afrkca....phew!
Yorubas have 2 Nobel Laureates,7 geniuses who had gotten the perfect score of 5.0 CGP in the world,5 youngest phd holders in the world(among the best),more than 11 grammy awards etc.

Yorubaland is the 4th economy in Africa.Yorubaland is the most industrialised in Nigeria.Yorubaland is the most developed and richest in Nigeria.May God forgive me.

Always making mouth without facts grin

https://danfomatic.com/the-secret-power-of-igbos-igbocorp-inc-5f437815a017

https://www.forbesafrica.com/wealth/2017/08/07/small-town-super-rich/

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by mercyville: 9:21am On Oct 23, 2019
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by AmuDimpka: 9:49am On Oct 23, 2019
mercyville:

lol

Blabla bla....I get am before ...no Yoruba is the first economy in world

Tell that to Fani ...and I agree with him

4 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Makuos19: 10:15am On Oct 23, 2019
mercyville:

lol

Overwhelming!
Isn't it?
U are overwhelmed...right grin
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by mercyville: 10:29am On Oct 23, 2019
AmuDimpka:

Blabla bla....I get am before ...no Yoruba is the first economy in world

Tell that to Fani ...and I agree with him
lol

Stay blessed like the blessed Yoruba.. grin
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Makuos19: 10:38am On Oct 23, 2019
mercyville:
lol

Stay blessed like the blessed Yoruba.. grin

grin

It has been recorded that the Hausa-Fulani who had been in contact with the Yoruba even before the rise of Oyo Empire had for some reasons chosen to call us Yoruba, or Yaribansa.

Perhaps this might have been a result of Yoruba people’s bargaining skills which often made the Fulani traders fall victim of trade by barter. Another one I stumbled on was narrated by another scholar who said the name Yoruba started protruding during the clash between Yoruba and Fulani that steered the lost of Ilorin to them in the 18th century.

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 23, 2019
AmuDimpka:

...and he is right

and you are a yoruba historian, an etymologist or just another Ibo with a persecution complex who hates every other tribe?

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Akiara: 2:21pm On Oct 23, 2019
Why do you Yoruba chaps,.... always feel hated by IGBOs...?

Sincerely Speaking,.... after going through this thread its obvious that the "Yoruba" Fear of the Igbo is based on JEALOUSY and ENVY...Simple.

isthatso:

and you are a yoruba historian, an etymologist or just another Ibo with a persecution complex who hates every other tribe?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2019
Akiara:

Sincerely Speaking,.... after going through this thread its obvious that the "Yoruba" Fear of the Igbo is based on JEALOUSY and ENVY...Simple.

There is nothing to envy, what is there to envy? what do you have that we lack? Do you see yorubas going to live in Ibo land? Please tell me jealous of what? The ibo man is a 3rd class citizen in Nigeria and can never be president. Is it money? the average yoruba man is not obsessed with money like you ibos, otherwise we wouldnt allow you to flourish in yorubaland. On hate, what have Ibos done that yorubas should hate them? you are the ones sowing the seeds of hatred. if anything we feel sorry for you, your hearts are the ones filled with hate. any small thing it is abuse, kilode!!!!

get over yourselves, civil war happenned , you lost get over it. Nobody waged war on you, you are the ones who waged the war!!! abeg!!!

No yoruba man is programmed to hate. if we hated Ibos we wouldnt accommodate all of you in yorubaland but it clear now that ibos have been programmed from birth with scars of the civil war to hate others...na we send you go war?

many of you have been programmed with psychological problems you dont even know you have.

we dont hate ibos, maybe of late we just find you increasingly irritating and annoying. you people have an inferiority complex.

I am being very serious here I would like to know from you honestly what you think you have that a yoruba man has to be jealous about.

2 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by AmuDimpka: 3:25pm On Oct 23, 2019
isthatso:

ask kayode that
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by AmuDimpka: 3:26pm On Oct 23, 2019
Akiara:

that has been established....they left kayode and blabbing igbo

even igbo masqurades chase them in dreams

lol

3 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 23, 2019
AmuDimpka:
ask kayode that

FFK the attention seeker is the one you are now relying on? My initial post was asking exactly that because he said 2 different things in 2 weeks. Next time mind your business and stick to ibo affairs.
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by tpiaobsession: 5:43pm On Oct 23, 2019
If he says he's not Yoruba, perhaps he really is not Yoruba though, when people tell you who they are, believe them.
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by tpiaobsession: 5:51pm On Oct 23, 2019
Iamgrey5:
What is the nonsense you are you typing bro

is there anything like Egba, Owu, Yagba, Aku or even Anago in odu ifa?

Why do the names now exist as Yoruba clans of today?

Yoruba is never foreign to us, it is mostly coined from "Yo ru ebo" He/she would carry sacrifice. A pratice still common among Yorubas today.

It is very common for Yoruba clan to form their names that way i.e. Awori "Awo ri" the plate has Sunk.

Oru should mean midnight, as opposed to daytime, the Y is probably a cognate of something else which is not available to the public. The ba, same.
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by tpiaobsession: 5:58pm On Oct 23, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I saw a historian once quote it as such and I believed it was more logical than "that land is expanding Myth" because it housed so many people of different languages and culture over the years.

Although I stand to be corrected.

Fe is also a derivative of wind, breeze, air, air current. That is similar to the Ife meaning of expansion or wide space.
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by AmuDimpka: 7:08pm On Oct 23, 2019
isthatso:

FFK the attention seeker is the one you are now relying on? My initial post was asking exactly that because he said 2 different things in 2 weeks. Next time mind your business and stick to ibo affairs.

Face FFK
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 23, 2019
AmuDimpka:

Face FFK

stop jumping into discussions or posts that dont concern you, take your hate propaganda elsewhere.
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Akiara: 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2019
YOU LACK COMMONSENSE....Simple

isthatso:

There is nothing to envy, what is there to envy? what do you have that we lack?
Do you see yorubas going to live in Ibo land? Please tell me jealous of what? The ibo man is a 3rd class citizen in Nigeria and can never be president. Is it money? the average yoruba man is not obsessed with money like you ibos, otherwise we wouldnt allow you to flourish in yorubaland. On hate, what have Ibos done that yorubas should hate them? you are the ones sowing the seeds of hatred. if anything we feel sorry for you, your hearts are the ones filled with hate. any small thing it is abuse, kilode!!!!

get over yourselves, civil war happenned , you lost get over it. Nobody waged war on you, you are the ones who waged the war!!! abeg!!!

No yoruba man is programmed to hate. if we hated Ibos we wouldnt accommodate all of you in yorubaland but it clear now that ibos have been programmed from birth with scars of the civil war to hate others...na we send you go war?

many of you have been programmed with psychological problems you dont even know you have.

we dont hate ibos, maybe of late we just find you increasingly irritating and annoying. you people have an inferiority complex.

I am being very serious here I would like to know from you honestly what you think you have that a yoruba man has to be jealous about.
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by GMbuharii: 9:00am On Oct 24, 2019
mercyville:

lol

And yet the lubricating oil agents of the anuxs of their masters Hausa/Fulanis

grin grin
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by mercyville: 9:23am On Oct 24, 2019
GMbuharii:

And yet the lubricating oil agents of the anuxs of their masters Hausa/Fulanis

grin grin
lol
The pain.. grin
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by GMbuharii: 10:06am On Oct 24, 2019
mercyville:
lol
The pain.. grin

Eru fulanigrin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Throwback Picture Of Peter Obi Sleeping During A Meeting / Shiites Christmas Message To All Christians (Photo) / Election War In Akwa Ibom State-many Dead, Many Injured (Graphic photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.