Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba (61519 Views)

Femi Fani Kayode: I Will Never Join APC, Till Jesus Comes (Throwback Video) / Fani-Kayode: "I Will Never Leave PDP Till Thy Kingdom Come" - Throwback Video / Femi Fani-Kayode: I Caught My Wife In Bed With A Married Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by BlackfireX: 3:23pm On Oct 21, 2019
Onijagidijagan:

yamuri is a very disgusting name by hausa and fulanis

we yoruba gave you "igbo people" simply means bush people.

why are you rejoicing about?

The same spelling but not the same pronunciation..... Are you an educated illiterate

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Iamgrey5(m): 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2019
BlackfireX:

The same spelling but not the same pronunciation..... Are you an educated illiterate
That is exactly the same thing with Yoruba and Yoriba or whatever

6 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by nlPoster: 3:30pm On Oct 21, 2019
Osun was never referred to as Nago, they were referred to as Ife.

Osun was formerly part of Oyo state, Oyo is different from Ife.

Hence, Ife hunters who found themselves in Togo today are referred to as Ana-ife or ife-Togo, not Anago or Yoruba

Obviously because they're Ife hunters from Ile Ife?
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by nlPoster: 3:33pm On Oct 21, 2019
the name Yoruba was derived from “Yoruba” and that it means “shady and unreliable”.

It might, who knows. Not a big deal in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by LZAA: 3:34pm On Oct 21, 2019
GMbuharii:
Lzaa immhotep since efrybodi izza giving them name,what did that correct Vanguard News man name them again?

Someone please remind me.......

SOPHISTICATED..... something

grin grin
M.or......
No be me talk am o grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by LZAA: 3:35pm On Oct 21, 2019
GMbuharii:

So the Fulanis gave them their name?!?!?!?!?!
Unbelievable!!!!!
The Bini people gave Eko and the Portuguese gave no man's land Lagos and the Fulanis gave the name of their tribe,chai!!!!!
No wonder theres a master/slave relationship in existence lolsssssss

So these miners got no origin!!!

grin grin grin grin grin

lzaa immhotep bastardmod adaibeku greenback
They just want igbo domination and wives grin
Metaphysical knows

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by omenka(m): 3:37pm On Oct 21, 2019
Ffk probably has syphilis. He seems to be losing the last of those cells upstairs.

Since no bad news to celebrate and make himself trend, he had to create an extremely dumb post clad in tribalism since he understands that gets some people's juice boiling.

What a dumb father.

9 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Iamgrey5(m): 3:39pm On Oct 21, 2019
nairalandposter:

Osun was formerly part of Oyo state, Oyo is different from Ife.

Obviously because they're Ife hunters from Ile Ife?
Oyo Yorubas does not include Ife

Ife was like the spiritual home of Yoruba land.

Ile Ife (meaning house of love) housed many Yoruba clans and non Yoruba clans like Ewe (Gun or Egun in Nigeria) at different times in its history.

People from Ife were referred to as ife,

FFK is from ife.

Hence, those that migrated to Togo via central Benin republic of today before the Europeans arrived were referred to as Ife as they were known before a Yoruba identity was formed in Nigeria by Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther.
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 21, 2019
Lolzz
Slavery is real even to this day.
Well I think they accepted it.

11 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Ttipsy(f): 3:41pm On Oct 21, 2019
Fulani cows

4 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 21, 2019
Very true
lolzzzzzz..
Fingers crossed.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by nlPoster: 3:44pm On Oct 21, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Oyo Yorubas does not include Ife

Ife was like the spiritual home of Yoruba land.

Ile Ife (meaning house of love) housed many Yoruba clans and non Yoruba clans like Ewe (Gun or Egun in Nigeria) at different times in its history.

People from Ife were referred to as ife,

FFK is from ife.

Hence, those that migrated to Togo via central Benin republic of today before the Europeans arrived were referred to as Ife as they were known before a Yoruba identity was formed in Nigeria by Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther.

You said Osun was referred to as Ife, that is incorrect. Ife is a town in Osun state, Osun used to be part of Oyo state. Osun as a state is a modern concept, Ife predates the state itself.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by DeOTR: 3:49pm On Oct 21, 2019
Ignorance, they say, is a disease.
When Hugh Clapperton in his second expedition to Africa asked Sultan Bello about a people he encountered.
The Sultan told him that they're called Yarba... that they're said to be the remnants of the descendants of Canaan.
This is Sultan Bello telling Clapperton what he knows about the Yorubas, not that the Fulanis are the ones that gave us the name. FFK of all people should know better.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Iamgrey5(m): 3:50pm On Oct 21, 2019
nairalandposter:

You said Osun was referred to as Ife, that is incorrect. Ife is a town in Osun state, Osun used to be part of Oyo state. Osun as a state is a modern concept, Ife predates the state itself.
I understand your point

I meant ife state before the arrival of Europeans
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by nlPoster: 3:51pm On Oct 21, 2019
DeOTR:
When Hugh Clapperton in his second expedition to Africa asked Sultan Bello about a people he encountered.
The Sultan told him that they're called Yarba... that they're said to be the remnants of the descendants of Canaan.
This is Sultan Bello telling Clapperton what he knows about the Yorubas, not that the Fulanis are the ones that gave us the name. FFK of all people should know better.

Since Nairalanders decided to separate Hausa from Fulani, it's been confusion throughout. [s]They don't even know if they're coming or going[/s].

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 21, 2019
How people who migrated from Togo and Benin republic are holding the whole country to Ransom.
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Iamgrey5(m): 3:53pm On Oct 21, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Very true

lolzzzzzz..

Fingers crossed.
Yet, Yoruba was used to refer to Oyo people by earlier writers before Oyo fell.

And I thought Yoruba meant betrayal according to FFK

How can those captured as slaves be betrayals again?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by nlPoster: 3:54pm On Oct 21, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I understand your point

I meant ife state before the arrival of Europeans

ok.

Ife did not have a state per se, though, (unless perhaps Benin, since they seem to share some history).

Ife's role was administrative, as in, rulership mostly. I could be wrong on this.
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Iamgrey5(m): 3:56pm On Oct 21, 2019
nairalandposter:

ok.

Ife did not have a state per se, though, (unless perhaps Benin, since they seem to share some history).

Ife's role was administrative, as in, rulership mostly. I could be wrong on this.
Ife had a state. I have seen a map before.

Modified:

Hope you can see the ife state written in capital letters and the old Oyo area written in capital letters.

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by JonDon12: 4:00pm On Oct 21, 2019
I understand that Hausa people called Yoruba people "Ariba" which might mean foreign or seperate people. There is no doubt that the Hausas influenced Yourba culture a lot. Afterall most of Yoruba land was subject to Hausa rule

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Iamgrey5(m): 4:04pm On Oct 21, 2019
JonDon12:
I understand that Hausa people called Yoruba people "Ariba" which might mean foreign or seperate people. There is no doubt that the Hausas influenced Yourba culture a lot. Afterall most of Yoruba land was subject to Hausa rule
Which part of Yoruba was subjected to Hausa rule?

Hope you know the Fulani in ilorin are different from Hausa

8 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by JonDon12: 4:16pm On Oct 21, 2019
DeOTR:

I read about the second expedition and nowhere does Sultan Bello say anything about that.

8 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by nwanyionitsha: 4:21pm On Oct 21, 2019
Onijagidijagan:

yamuri is a very disgusting name by hausa and fulanis

we yoruba gave you "igbo people" simply means bush people.

why are you rejoicing about?
Yoruba man,face your master.
Asusu Igbo amaka

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by nwanyionitsha: 4:22pm On Oct 21, 2019
GMbuharii:
Lzaa immhotep since efrybodi izza giving them name,what did that correct Vanguard News man name them again?

Someone please remind me.......

SOPHISTICATED..... something

grin grin
Mumune mumune. Haqhaqhaq

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by nlPoster: 4:23pm On Oct 21, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Ife had a state. I have seen a map before.

Modified:

Hope you can see the ife state written in capital letters and the old Oyo area written in capital letters.

The boundaries are not as clearly defined as you think. Where is the link to the original map?
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by mercyville: 4:25pm On Oct 21, 2019
Igbo
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Iamgrey5(m): 4:26pm On Oct 21, 2019
nairalandposter:

The boundaries are not as clearly defined as you think. Where is the link to the original map?
Obviously but my point is Oyo Yoruba were quite different from ife

http://www.randafricanart.com/images/map_of_yorubaland.jpg
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Guestlander: 4:29pm On Oct 21, 2019
JonDon12:

When was most of Yorubaland under Hausa rule?

3 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by leokid866: 4:30pm On Oct 21, 2019
He should have told his parents this when they gave birth to him, so that they would know where to put him....fu*King bastard.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by nlPoster: 4:36pm On Oct 21, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Obviously but my point is Oyo Yoruba were quite different from ife

It is.

http://www.randafricanart.com/images/map_of_yorubaland.jpg

Thanks for the map, but it doesnt seem identical to the previous one you posted.

For example, Gbongan is not on this second map.
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Iamgrey5(m): 4:37pm On Oct 21, 2019
nairalandposter:

It is.

Thanks for the map, but it doesnt seem identical to the previous one you posted.

For example, Gbongan is not on this second map.
They are quite similar

I guess this was the one I posted

www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/attachments/2980808_yorubamap22_jpeg_jpeg900ed2ed60501df89bdcd88856d69e23?iorg_service_id_internal=803478443041409">https://https-www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/attachments/2980808_yorubamap22_jpeg_jpeg900ed2ed60501df89bdcd88856d69e23?iorg_service_id_internal=803478443041409%3BAfqv6LVH6XZ5Mg9H
Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by notoriousbabe: 4:42pm On Oct 21, 2019
Na so madness dey take start. A fool at 50

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Heads To Brussels (photos) / Throwback Picture Of Peter Obi Sleeping During A Meeting / Shiites Christmas Message To All Christians (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.