Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,249 members, 7,957,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:36 PM

Is Bride Price Still Relevant? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Bride Price Still Relevant? (1971 Views)

How much is bride price in Nigeria? / Is Bride Price Still Needed? / "After 14 Years Of Dating, He Came To Pay My Bride Price" - Beautiful Lady Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Bride Price Still Relevant? by Offpoint: 11:51pm On Oct 29, 2019
FairCritic:
Holy matrimony is wedding properly conducted in the sanctuary of God.

lol, the wedding Jesus attended in the Bible wasn't Holy right?

You guys are just funny... before religion so all marriages conducted was "Unholy" gringrin
Re: Is Bride Price Still Relevant? by FairCritic(m): 6:26am On Oct 30, 2019
futurerex:
Where I came from, they don't collect bride price because they're not selling their daughter out to you.

I like that.
Re: Is Bride Price Still Relevant? by Awesome05: 8:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
Tell me the place.
Re: Is Bride Price Still Relevant? by MPESA(m): 9:44pm On Oct 30, 2019
futurerex:
Where I came from, they don't collect bride price because they're not selling their daughter out to you.
Where are you from?.
Re: Is Bride Price Still Relevant? by boxer022(m): 11:37pm On Oct 30, 2019
To my little understanding, bride price is still very important and encouraged because that is the only thing that shows that a man has given out his daughter in marriage. The only problem with it is that some parents will like to be like Dangote from bride price and after collecting a huge amount of money, if there is problem in the future, they will not be able to pay back. When my junior sister was getting married, my father told our in-laws that the bride price (Money) is #10,000 which they brought. Out of it he took only #1,000 and returned back the remaining #9,000 telling them that if by tomorrow they mess up or do anything bad to my sister, that any body among us can afford #1,000 to return back to him and take back our daughter. So in the case where for instance he took #1,000,000 as bride price and tomorrow they mess up, how will he pay them back?
Re: Is Bride Price Still Relevant? by FairCritic(m): 7:19am On Oct 31, 2019
boxer022:
To my little understanding, bride price is still very important and encouraged because that is the only thing that shows that a man has given out his daughter in marriage. The only problem with it is that some parents will like to be like Dangote from bride price and after collecting a huge amount of money, if there is problem in the future, they will not be able to pay back. When my junior sister was getting married, my father told our in-laws that the bride price (Money) is #10,000 which they brought. Out of it he took only #1,000 and returned back the remaining #9,000 telling them that if by tomorrow they mess up or do anything bad to my sister, that any body among us can afford #1,000 to return back to him and take back our daughter. So in the case where for instance he took #1,000,000 as bride price and tomorrow they mess up, how will he pay them back?

Your postulation appears to make sense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

‘ambitious’ Sex Worker Highlights Some Of Her Accomplishments At 22. / Dating Mother And Daughter Simultaneously / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.