Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) (45499 Views)

Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri / My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by Pearlyakin(m): 9:15pm On Oct 21, 2019
Why the place no look fancy to me, anyways it's beautiful
Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by realstars: 9:15pm On Oct 21, 2019
How shore is this story
Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by Omonuejegbo(m): 9:19pm On Oct 21, 2019
If this place I see in pictures is their village l wonder how their towns look like

1 Like

Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by clems88(m): 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2019
Nothing special here na angry
Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by SonofHim: 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2019
The picture with three brown objects looking like logs wood...what are they? Just curious

Well done bro!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by gidoskiaustino(m): 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2019
Happy for you bro.
As E do for them God go help we the youths transform this nation.
Our leaders have messed it Up.
I pray for a better Nigeria.
So help us Lord.
Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by realestniggah: 9:31pm On Oct 21, 2019
CollinsWeGlobe:
This Oriental plane (Platanus orientalis) trees on the dorpsplein in Makrinitsa, Thessaly, Greece is over 600 years.

Oriental Plane is very medicinal:
The leaves are astringent and vulnerary. The fresh leaves are bruised and applied to the eyes in the treatment of ophthalmia. A decoction is used to treat dysentery and a cream made from the leaves is used to heal wounds and chilblains.

A tree like this in Nigeria will be worship and decorated with sacrifices

1 Like

Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by arodavoo(m): 9:35pm On Oct 21, 2019
This is a beautiful place I would love to visit very soon.. Baba God provide boiz with money

Check my profile to learn importation from Turkey, malaysia, China, UK and USA
Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2019
OP ,in an event you run into Kratos or Thanos, greet them for me o

Thank you
Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by Offpoint: 9:45pm On Oct 21, 2019
The only beautiful thing in those photos is your FOOTWEAR... the rest are just trash to my sight.

I'll love to know the brand of that shoes and how I can order for it.
Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by Funkybabee(f): 9:46pm On Oct 21, 2019
beautiful... but you need to make some research about most attractive Tourist destination before embarking on any journey..

I wish u well bro, you can egypt to see their pyramid, kenya safari also and many more.
Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by Funkybabee(f): 9:49pm On Oct 21, 2019
Offpoint:
The only beautiful thing in those photos is your FOOTWEAR... the rest are just trash to my sight.

I'll love to know the brand of that shoes and how I can order for it.
Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 21, 2019
Darkseid:
Nice photos but let the truth be told, there's nothing interesting in those pictures.

You are very right undecided that's why it's called a village and besides that i misplaced my camera in meditterean sea. Have you eaten today?
Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 21, 2019
Funkybabee:
beautiful... but you need to make some research about most attractive Tourist destination before embarking on any journey..

I wish u well bro, you can egypt to see their pyramid, kenya safari also and many more.

I was in Egpyt last two month, I have lived in Kenya before
Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by babzo(m): 10:00pm On Oct 21, 2019
CollinsWeGlobe:
This Oriental plane (Platanus orientalis) trees on the dorpsplein in Makrinitsa, Thessaly, Greece is over 600 years.

Oriental Plane is very medicinal:
The leaves are astringent and vulnerary. The fresh leaves are bruised and applied to the eyes in the treatment of ophthalmia. A decoction is used to treat dysentery and a cream made from the leaves is used to heal wounds and chilblains.

600 year old tree?

Oldest tree in the world is 4800 years!

Well done on the post though.

Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by Funkybabee(f): 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2019
CollinsWeGlobe:

I was in Egpyt last two month, I have lived in Kenya before

oh cool
Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by silverkings: 10:19pm On Oct 21, 2019
post=83345526:

What a beautiful and colorful thread! kiss
Big Thumbs up to you.

We hope one day our darling nation will be projected to the world same way as this.
We have many loving and beautiful places all over Nigeria also.

Keep it up Collins.
Those are beautiful pictures, locations and country up there.
We wish you all the very best in your stay in Bulgaria.
Keep representing us well as you are doing biko.
Never lose focus......it's important

One Love. kiss
Guy
Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by briggson07(m): 10:24pm On Oct 21, 2019
Cant wait to explore

Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by Onyi90(m): 10:31pm On Oct 21, 2019
Crazeworld:
Well done

Prospective Corps members, check my signature for your medical certificate and medical report
Are u a certified doctor
Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by urchmanni93(m): 10:34pm On Oct 21, 2019
Santorini Greece.. God willing I will visit you one day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by wisdomkid: 11:02pm On Oct 21, 2019
Don't even know why am even happy!!! But thanks for this thread brotherly.
Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by Candycrushy(f): 11:25pm On Oct 21, 2019
Nice pics
Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by cybriz82(m): 11:25pm On Oct 21, 2019
DaddyMorenike:
Shebi Na ketu this place dey?

No ooo na oshogbo..

1 Like

Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by DaddyMorenike: 11:57pm On Oct 21, 2019
cybriz82:

No ooo na oshogbo..
say god
Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by chukxie(m): 2:24am On Oct 22, 2019
As an avid traveler, and someone who genuinely appreciates every efforts people put in doing positive things they're passionate about, I must commend the efforts you've put in creating this thread. Keep the photos coming. Good luck on your travel adventure. I'm having one myself, too.

1 Like

Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by terroristbuhari: 2:32am On Oct 22, 2019
[s]
post=83345526:

What a beautiful and colorful thread! kiss
Big Thumbs up to you.

We hope one day our darling nation will be projected to the world same way as this.
We have many loving and beautiful places all over Nigeria also.

Keep it up Collins.
Those are beautiful pictures, locations and country up there.
We wish you all the very best in your stay in Bulgaria.
Keep representing us well as you are doing biko.
Never lose focus......it's important

One Love. kiss
Btw, kudos to your cameraman, he/she deserves a pay raise!
*winks wink*
[/s]
Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by terroristbuhari: 2:32am On Oct 22, 2019
[s]
post=83345534:

Let's go there........
[/s]
Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by terroristbuhari: 2:37am On Oct 22, 2019
[s]
post=83345697:

Gongo Aso..... wink

How can you see it?
Na d reason wey your name be Dark be dat now.
Oshisko!
[/s]
Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by KosiGee(m): 4:35am On Oct 22, 2019
SonofHim:
The picture with three brown objects looking like logs wood...what are they? Just curious

Well done bro!

They are meat on vertical rotating rotisserie or Tower doner kebab machines. The ‘log of wood’ you see are stacked meats cooking on grill. As they cook, the outer layers are sliced off. It’s equivalent to the doner kebab you see in the Uk. The Greek also have the meat on skewers which they call ‘Souvlaki’ you get different varieties. Souvlaki kotopoulo (chicken)...Souvlaki is similar to Nigeria’s Suya.

With 5 euro, you’ll get pita bread smeared with mustard, mayonnaise sauce, shreds of the meat, slices of tomato, lettuce etc with sprinkle of black pepper...they are similar to suya and sharwarma.

1 Like

Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by jnoz23(m): 6:53am On Oct 22, 2019
Big boy,
My mind is telling me something about this pictures, but its not very clear yet!
Its either I have seen those pictures before, or I have been there before!
You see the confusion grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by FocusedB1h(f): 7:03am On Oct 22, 2019
Isn’t the oldest church in Ethiopia?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) by clintino700(m): 8:30am On Oct 22, 2019
My brother pure air full that place oh, imagine the elevation.
Luckysbab:

How did you see the pure air bros? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Praises Hope Uzodinma Over Road: "If You Wan Build Road, Build Better Road". / American Invitation Letter / Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.