Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (330802 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by arantess: 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2021
Heyf:
Please can anybody recommend a video playlist on YouTube to learn MYSQL
Search for " mike Dane SQL" on youtube

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Adegbem01(m): 10:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
Data Analysis Aspirants whatsapp group have been created, let us come in and help each other out
https://chat_dot_whatsapp_dot_com/IrJLaMjaGriIdBauWSQh19
NB: remove _dot_ from the URL and replace with "."
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by kennethfranc(m): 10:56pm On Sep 30, 2021
Wfsholla90:
I am not able to access the file.
Which app are you accessing it with biko
Cc. GidiCars
Kennethfrancs
Others
I opened mine with phoenix browser
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by GidiCars: 11:13pm On Sep 30, 2021
Wfsholla90:
I am not able to access the file.
Which app are you accessing it with biko
Cc. GidiCars
Kennethfrancs
Others

This is a screenshot I took just now. Try using another browser. Once you accesss the site, you just download the zip file.

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Taylor1990BC: 11:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
All Data Science aspirants in the house kindly join this WhatsApp group chat. Let us all build a career together. Thanks

https://chat_dot_whatsapp_dot_com/IrJLaMjaGriIdBauWSQh19

NB: Please kindly replace "_dot_" with "."
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Wfsholla90(m): 9:59am On Oct 01, 2021
Ok thanks alot friends. I've been able to access it.
I had to uncompress it first. I forgot completely that it was a compressed folder.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Iseddy: 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2021
Hi guys, please do we have anyone that is into Amazon web service (AWS) here? I really need a roadmap to learn it.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 01, 2021
Ejiod:

Would also want those in this field to share their experience and journey too

Good Afternoon Sir,
Please, I'm very interested and motivated to dive into the world of software engineering, but due to low self esteem and other personal issues in the past I've steered away from the thought of learning from scratch and putting in the work to be to be good.

I've decided to do something with my life, something I think I'll enjoy doing since I spend most of my time on my system.

I've also decided to start learning coding from Codecademy and freeCodeCamp on YouTube in HTML, CSS and Java to be a front-end engineer but I don't really have a roadmap on where to go from there...
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Iamsheye(m): 2:58pm On Oct 01, 2021
Dizzyish:

Good Afternoon Sir,
Please, I'm very interested and motivated to dive into the world of software engineering, but due to low self esteem and other personal issues in the past I've steered away from the thought of learning from scratch and putting in the work to be to be good.

I've decided to do something with my life, something I think I'll enjoy doing since I spend most of my time on my system.

I've also decided to start learning coding from Codecademy and freeCodeCamp on YouTube in HTML, CSS and Java to be a front-end engineer but I don't really have a roadmap on where to go from there...

You mean JavaScript right?

Btw for a Frontend roadmap check https://roadmap.sh/frontend
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2021
Iamsheye:

You mean JavaScript right?

Btw for a Frontend roadmap check https://roadmap.sh/frontend
Wow. That was a really insightful roadmap and yes I meant to type Javascript, thank you very much.
Does this look like a good place to start?:
https://www.codecademy.com/catalog

I also found a 6 hour 'complete' tutorial video for html on youtube (freeCodeCamp), planning on downloading it.
Also, very sorry for piling the questions on you but, If I were to put in 6-8 hours everyday to learn programming for like 6 months, would it be possible to acquire (half) the necessary skills to meet the requirements of the job posting below?:

https://www./listings/senior-software-developer-kgv9vx

I deeply appreciated your input or advice.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by belovez(m): 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2021
Taylor1990BC:
All Data Science aspirants in the house kindly join this WhatsApp group chat. Let us all build a career together. Thanks

NB: Please kindly replace "_dot_" with "."
Adegbem01:
Data Analysis Aspirants whatsapp group have been created, let us come in and help each other out
; embarassed
NB: remove _dot_ from the URL and replace with "."

This is the first time a whatsapp link is posted on this group since Ejoid created this thread which had help a lot of people to thread on this analyst path, kindly remove the group link or better create a new topic about data analyst and post your link. Don't distract the focus and attention of this group if a group had been created earlier, this group won't exist till this moment and the (questions and answers) information that makes this group till the present number we have today we won't have it.

Lastly, all that is needed to become a data analyst to data scientist and to machine learning engineer is in this group, take your time to read from page 1.

I see no reason posting a group link here? Kindly remove it or create a new topic then post your Data Analyst Aspirant WhatsApp group link.

8 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Heyf: 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2021
arantess:

Thank you
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by OladiTwo5(m): 7:35pm On Oct 01, 2021
GidiCars:
I uploaded the file to the following link below. It contains 4 PDFs to help you get started. I also screenshot some other files you might be interested in. Just holla me if you need any of them. Do not forget to also join telegram if youprefer videos, they upload free tutorials from Udemy on some channels. cool

https://ufile.io/1p574oye

Thanks for the initial files you sent to me.

Can you also help me with the following book from the list of book you screen shot:
1. AI and Machine learning for codes
2. Building Machine learning pipeline
3. Hands-on-machine learning with scikit-learn
4. AWS - overview
5. Beautiful-soup-tutorial
6. Data analysis with python and pyspark
7. Data Engineering cookbook - April 2020
8. Kubernetes
9. Numpy crash course
10. Python database access
11. Scikit -learn

4 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ebixy(m): 7:42pm On Oct 01, 2021
Iseddy:
Hi guys, please do we have anyone that is into Amazon web service (AWS) here? I really need a roadmap to learn it.

You can start with free foundational videos on YouTube. Videos that teach on rudiments of cloud computing and AWS platform.

There are also books on it.
Check sanet.st and zlibrary (search it on Google)
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by GidiCars: 10:22pm On Oct 01, 2021
OladiTwo5:

Can you also help me with the following book from the list of book you screen shot:
4. AWS - overview
8. Kubernetes
9. Numpy crash course
11. Scikit -learn

I will do that next week.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Hinokami: 4:52am On Oct 02, 2021
Iseddy:
Started recently too, as someone said below start with the foundations on YouTube first. There is also a free fundamental course on udacity.. Just Google 'udacity cloud computing free'.

You might need to create a AWS account to practice and follow along but isn't necessary. Incase you need to, avoid using credit card of an account you have money in.. Just leave at least a dollar inside. Good luck to us both.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Lordsagna: 8:17am On Oct 02, 2021
Good morning, pls I want to ask how to learn with books because i don't get. The only thing I used is videos which I'll be practicing as the tutor is teaching but books I'll just be reading and after few minutes I'll be bored. Can anyone pls help me on how to study with books. Thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Iamsheye(m): 5:34pm On Oct 02, 2021
Dizzyish:

Wow. That was a really insightful roadmap and yes I meant to type Javascript, thank you very much.
Does this look like a good place to start?:
https://www.codecademy.com/catalog

I also found a 6 hour 'complete' tutorial video for html on youtube (freeCodeCamp), planning on downloading it.
Also, very sorry for piling the questions on you but, If I were to put in 6-8 hours everyday to learn programming for like 6 months, would it be possible to acquire (half) the necessary skills to meet the requirements of the job posting below?:

https://www./listings/senior-software-developer-kgv9vx

I deeply appreciated your input or advice.
- I don't know much about codeacademy, but you should check their course outline first
- If you definitely put 6-8hrs daily you'd definitely notice growth in your first 2 months, but some things can sometimes be only gotten when you work on production or real live projects.

Btw you JD there is shit, quite vague, seems they don't know what they want or they want all in one
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Regards2U: 7:09pm On Oct 02, 2021
OladiTwo5:

4. AWS - overview
8. Kubernetes
9. Numpy crash course
11. Scikit -learn

Just search for libgen on Google and input the title of the book you'll find it there or Z library

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Raalsalghul: 1:08pm On Oct 03, 2021
Ejiod:
I'm just thinking some of you that need to add a professional certifications to your resume, you can try the DA 100 by Microsoft which gives you certification in Data Analyst.

Hi, any training material for this that at least guarantees comprehension: just spent 5 hours + watching the tutorial of an Indian guy on YouTube whose delivery was as if reading from a book.

Modified: never mind, found something reasonable I could use.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by AshleyJohnson13: 11:38am On Oct 06, 2021
I was reading this and I think you can find good music recommendations and some more striking interests, especially that you may like a lot the selection of music material, videos or even images that you find there, it may rob you of some time but the truth It is very entertaining I hope you like my recommendation
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Hinokami: 12:45pm On Oct 06, 2021
Hi guys, anyone who has dataset one could use to build portfolio projects?

or can point me where i could get, sales is way too common. I need something more unique.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Sirwallace(m): 2:07pm On Oct 06, 2021
Hinokami:
Hi guys, anyone who has dataset one could use to build portfolio projects?

or can point me where i could get, sales is way too common. I need something more unique.

Go to kaggle.com and register.

You will have access to all the datasets for anything in this world.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Besko(m): 3:58pm On Oct 07, 2021
wisdomremz:
already started my journey into data science, prior before now I had a mentor(my cousin) who is a data scientist in Australia who talked extensively on data science and gave various tools necessary. So I brushed through excel by taking some course like analysing data using excel and other courses on Edx(videos) then currently learning sql using sql server express learnt basics using w3schools and sqlzoo which am done, practicing using ssms and sample database like(adventureworks and northwind) so refreshing. Also I have some PDFs book having questions and problem from beginner to advance on the sample database listed, once am done I will also take some courses on edX. Afterwards would move into python and other tools.

just wanted to share my journey for the past one month. thanks Ejiod and other contributors.

if you are also on this journey into the world of data science quote me, let's relate �

Nice job!
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Sirwallace(m): 6:14pm On Oct 07, 2021
wisdomremz:
already started my journey into data science, prior before now I had a mentor(my cousin) who is a data scientist in Australia who talked extensively on data science and gave various tools necessary. So I brushed through excel by taking some course like analysing data using excel and other courses on Edx(videos) then currently learning sql using sql server express learnt basics using w3schools and sqlzoo which am done, practicing using ssms and sample database like(adventureworks and northwind) so refreshing. Also I have some PDFs book having questions and problem from beginner to advance on the sample database listed, once am done I will also take some courses on edX. Afterwards would move into python and other tools.

just wanted to share my journey for the past one month. thanks Ejiod and other contributors.

if you are also on this journey into the world of data science quote me, let's relate �

This is the path I would always advise any newbie
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by shegzy0514(m): 12:28am On Oct 08, 2021
arantess:

Pls are the 24 videos under Mike on sql enough
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by yungz: 11:11pm On Oct 08, 2021
not at all, search for mosh on youtube

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by LoverOfLove: 7:17am On Oct 09, 2021
Hello qtguru. I'm reaching out as regards your need for a Yoruba translator. I've gone through the requirements and I'm very qualified for the job. In fact, I currently teach Yoruba to people in diaspora. I could send you evidences if you don't mind.

If the position isn't taken yet, I'd like to take up the job.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by qtguru(m): 9:57am On Oct 09, 2021
LoverOfLove:
Hello qtguru. I'm reaching out as regards your need for a Yoruba translator. I've gone through the requirements and I'm very qualified for the job. In fact, I currently teach Yoruba to people in diaspora. I could send you evidences if you don't mind.

If the position isn't taken yet, I'd like to take up the job.

Already sent
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by KlausMichaelson: 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2021
Pls any recommended video playlist for MATLAB on YouTube??
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by KlausMichaelson: 9:34am On Oct 10, 2021
Good morning house,
Pls any recommended video playlist for MATLAB and Excel on YouTube??
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by flexispy: 8:53am On Oct 12, 2021
I'll recommend Google or IBM data analytics course for anyone. It comes it a certificate to but it's paid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.