Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,638 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (330768 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by DataMiner(f): 1:06pm On Apr 22, 2022
Please guys I have been learning SQl(t-sql) for a long while and gotten very good at it but I have no intents with working on premise. Would I be able to secure a remote job being just being an Sql developer

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Tonycrux: 9:21pm On Apr 22, 2022
Hello guys, if you are ever considering a career in Data Science then I am recommending you to join Bincom Dev Center Apprenticeship program. You will learn right from scratch till you become an expert. You can check them out using Google search.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Emmyxclusive: 9:00pm On Apr 24, 2022
A good place to learn programming, data science etc is w3school. It's everything under one roof,very easy to understand even for those coming from non computer related disciplines.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Fabulouslouie(m): 12:21am On Apr 25, 2022
Can I use a low budget laptop to learn and practice data analysis till I get a better one.

Is there like a system requirements for some of the apps? Please lemme know by quoting me.

Your contributions are highly appreciated.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by jesse8048(m): 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2022
Ejiod:

Congrats

Good day boss do you know about DataMites institute. I want to join them for data analysis / science courses.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by jesse8048(m): 2:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
cochtrane:
Glad to see this thread still making progress. If you are interested in data science tutorials and/or lectures at beginner to intermediate level, watch out for this space smiley. I'll be offering a series of lectures in the coming months for those interested who want to transition or stay motivated. Lectures may be paid though, cos my observation from giving free lectures is that they hardly make any significant impact.

Boss, we will really appreciate.
Please do you know much about DataMites?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2022
jesse8048:

Good day boss do you know about DataMites institute. I want to join them for data analysis / science courses.
Haven’t heard about them
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by cochtrane(m): 4:35am On Apr 26, 2022
jesse8048:

Boss, we will really appreciate.
Please do you know much about DataMites?
Nope, I know nothing about them
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Lindajames1010: 7:15am On Apr 26, 2022
What's the difference between Data science and data analysis?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by semmyk(m): 7:44am On Apr 26, 2022
Start with a portfolio.
GitHub, publicly accessible online repository, stack overflow presence

bustlezach01:
Hi everyone,
How could someone who self schooled herself in programming start a career in IT? Considering that she doesn't have a degree in IT.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by virginboy1(m): 8:37am On Apr 26, 2022
wisdomremz:
just wanted to drop this
if you are a beginner and willing to start a career in data science without any skill, you should start with excel then sql..

if you prefer videos for training in details

you can get full trainings on excel and sql server from beginner to advance in details from YouTube below;

1) for excel- watch *excelisfun* YouTube channel cover all you need from beginner to advance and also using excel for data analysis

2) for sql server- watch *kudvenkat* youtube channel covers all about sql server from beginner to advance its quite long(winks)

with this you're 30% covered in data science..

I love video tutorial cos you watch Wat is taught been put in use and you can perform simultaneously, books can be used for references.
Thank You

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 3:17pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ejiod:

Haven’t heard about them

Chief,

Which would you recommend?

Azure or AWS?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 3:35pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kaycee54321:

Chief,

Which would you recommended?

Azure or AWS?
Azure
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 3:39pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ejiod:

Azure

Ok...

I'll appreciate a comprehensive reason for your choice (at your convenience).

Thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 5:24pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kaycee54321:

Ok...

I'll appreciate a comprehensive reason for your choice (at your convenience).

Thanks
Just preference.
Been using it with their $200 free services
Also their autoML is good too.
Lastly it’s their easy set up for their VMs
Not into AWS. Their EC2 instance for AWS is something else and they are stingy angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by justAman: 6:57pm On Apr 26, 2022
Good evening everyone. I just got a laptop after several months of saving. I'd like to learn data science and software development vigorously. Is it feasible to learn both? If yes, which should I start with?. I learn one has to start with learning python if one chooses to embark on the path of data science
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by cochtrane(m): 9:22pm On Apr 26, 2022
justAman:
Good evening everyone. I just got a laptop after several months of saving. I'd like to learn data science and software development vigorously. Is it feasible to learn both? If yes, which should I start with?. I learn one has to start with learning python if one chooses to embark on the path of data science
Just start with python first and keep learning. It's not enough to "want to". Doing it is much better.
Post here if you need help with understanding
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by justAman: 10:55pm On Apr 26, 2022
cochtrane:

Just start with python first and keep learning. It's not enough to "want to". Doing it is much better.
Post here if you need help with understanding
alright sir!!! I've started already
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by cochtrane(m): 11:59pm On Apr 26, 2022
Lindajames1010:
What's the difference between Data science and data analysis?
Data science is a lot more rounded in terms of working with data. It looks at critical aspects of the data and conducts analysis from multiple angles. It's more of a science than an art, leveraging all kinds of tools from deep learning to bayesian analysis in its work with data. Data science isn't just about the data itself, but about the scientific tools with which to work with the data. Here , you would use mathematics, statistics, mathematical statistics, and all kinds of integrated approach in your analysis of the data.

Data analysis on the other hand is more about the data than it is about the tools. You often just work with the data across ETL pipelines, transform it, summarize it, visualize it, etc. Oftentimes, even if the analysis is complex, you may not need rigorous mathematical tools to work in your analysis. Software such as Tableau, Power BI, etc. come in handy here. In contrast to data science which is more of a science than an art, data analysis is more of an art than a science. Both however still have components of science and art in them.

Both approaches want to derive insight from the data and to inform decision using the data.

This is just my opinion smiley

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Lindajames1010: 12:34am On Apr 27, 2022
cochtrane:

Data science is a lot more rounded in terms of working with data. It looks at critical aspects of the data and conducts analysis from multiple angles. It's more of a science than an art, leveraging all kinds of tools from deep learning to bayesian analysis in its work with data. Data science isn't just about the data itself, but about the scientific tools with which to work with the data. Here , you would use mathematics, statistics, mathematical statistics, and all kinds of integrated approach in your analysis of the data.

Data analysis on the other hand is more about the data than it is about the tools. You often just work with the data across ETL pipelines, transform it, summarize it, visualize it, etc. Oftentimes, even if the analysis is complex, you may not need rigorous mathematical tools to work in your analysis. Software such as Tableau, Power BI, etc. come in handy here. In contrast to data science which is more of a science than an art, data analysis is more of an art than a science. Both however still have components of science and art in them.

Both approaches want to derive insight from the data and to inform decision using the data.

This is just my opinion smiley
Wow.... thank you very much...

I want to focus on data analysis only.
Can I build a career with that only?
I mean earning well
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by cochtrane(m): 1:11am On Apr 27, 2022
Lindajames1010:
Wow.... thank you very much...

I want to focus on data analysis only.
Can I build a career with that only?
I mean earning well
Most definitely. Some data analysts earn up to $100k per annum. You should focus on the tools of data analysis such as Tableau, SQL and Power BI. With just those three, you can get a decent remote job from anywhere in the world.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Lindajames1010: 6:39am On Apr 27, 2022
cochtrane:

Most definitely. Some data analysts earn up to $100k per annum. You should focus on the tools of data analysis such as Tableau, SQL and Power BI. With just those three, you can get a decent remote job from anywhere in the world.

Thank you very much...

Here are what I will be focusing on
1. Excel knowledge
2. SQL
3. Tableau
4. Python
4. Microsoft Power BI.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Tenshades(m): 8:05am On Apr 27, 2022
Any Excel user experiencing some functions not working on Microsoft Office 2021?

IFS statement refuses to come up.

embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by rukz: 11:18am On Apr 27, 2022
cochtrane:

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by cochtrane(m): 4:58pm On Apr 27, 2022
Lindajames1010:

Thank you very much...

Here are what I will be focusing on
1. Excel knowledge
2. SQL
3. Tableau
4. Python
4. Microsoft Power BI.
That's a good start

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by avalon7(m): 7:22pm On Apr 27, 2022
DataMiner:
Please guys I have been learning SQl(t-sql) for a long while and gotten very good at it but I have no intents with working on premise. Would I be able to secure a remote job being just being an Sql developer

Highly unlikely
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by avalon7(m): 7:26pm On Apr 27, 2022
justAman:

Pick one! Have a set path and work towards it. If you don't have a background in computer science, mathematics or engineering I'd advise you go with software development. It's more accommodating to self taught individuals. Most data science jobs are not entry level, they usually require a bachelor's degree or even an MSC
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by cochtrane(m): 7:33pm On Apr 27, 2022
avalon7:

Highly unlikely
Why not? There are a ton of remote sql jobs out there
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by avalon7(m): 9:25pm On Apr 27, 2022
cochtrane:

Why not? There are a ton of remote sql jobs out there
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by shegzy0514(m): 12:38am On Apr 28, 2022
praizt:
Good morning everyone. I really want to appreciate everyone in this page. Came across it last month and I've never been so motivated. I've been able to get a PC, some of the materials recommended here. Right now, I'm learning excel. Still trying to balance it out with work. Hearing that others like me are putting in the effort to be better, is enough motivation for me. So, I just want to say thank you to all of you.
PS. If you're new to the thread, try to start from the beginning. Take note of the recommended courses. Source for them online.
Man where are u learning ur excel from
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 5:35am On Apr 28, 2022
Pls guys,who can explain the concept of WHILE and FOR loop in python for beginner?
i have been actually learning python since sunday and since i encountered this topic yesterday,i don't seem to understand it.
am having problem with it.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by cochtrane(m): 6:26am On Apr 28, 2022
IamBabsjnr:
Pls guys,who can explain the concept of WHILE and FOR loop in python for beginner?
i have been actually learning python since sunday and since i encountered this topic yesterday,i don't seem to understand it.
am having problem with it.
Essentially, they are nearly the same. You use both to conduct iterations. Whatever you can do with a WHILE loop, you can also do with a FOR loop. The critical difference is that in a FOR loop, you know ahead of time how many iterations you want to do. That's specified in the first step of your FOR loop, e.g. for i in range(5) simply means you want to do 5 iterations. On the other hand, in a while loop, you would say something like: while k < 5:, where you would have had to define 'k' outside on the loop and then increment 'k' inside the loop. This also makes WHILE loops a little cumbersome to use. The best use case for a WHILE loop is when you just say: while True. This iterates forever until something you do inside the loop makes it stop.

Generally, most programmers would avoid a WHILE loop if they know how many iterations they are going to do. An example is if you are going to iterate through a list (maybe to square it?), you don't need a WHILE loop since you already know the length of the list. On the contrary, if you are going to keep counting numbers until someone says "STOP", in which case you don't know how long you will count, you use a WHILE loop, e.g. "keep looking for vulnerabilities in this network until you find one or until I say it's enough"

Watch out for my data science course in a few weeks where I'll be conducting extensive tutorials for beginners who want to start out in this field. smiley

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.