Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (331734 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lovelybobo: 12:47am On Jan 09, 2023
Ella2000:
Hello all. I tried paying for the Microsoft Power BI DA exam, and chose Nigeria as my location. However, the platform did not accept my USD card. A friend of mine tried helping me pay from Canada but it didn’t work. I’m thinking it’s because I chose Nigeria as my location. However, if i choose USA or Canada, the cost of the exam doubles. Kindly advise.

Please use this link and buy a voucher for all Microsoft exams.

https://wsr.pearsonvue.com/vouchers/pricelist/microsoft.asp

Note that pearsonvue does not accept card payments from 12 countries and 9 of the countries are from Africa, since Nigeria must be among that is why you can not pay for any Microsoft exam using your Debit cards.

Shalom...
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Rilwayne001: 2:00pm On Jan 11, 2023
Hinokami:
Thank you so much. I am on the verge of getting another offer with similar pay in the North. So I am not going to Lagos anymore. Beauty of being in Tech.

HI, How many years of experience?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Hinokami: 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2023
About to hit 2

Rilwayne001:

HI, How many years of experience?

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Integral501: 2:32pm On Jan 12, 2023
Ejiod:

Data science we speak libraries not framework(As in web development with django ur flask)... For data science there are many libraries. Mostly I use pandas,researchpy,plotly,scipy and statsmodel.
For predictive. That's much
share your LinkedIn sir

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Rilwayne001: 12:36pm On Jan 13, 2023
Hinokami:
About to hit 2

Care to share you skills please and how you acquired them ?

Also your portfolio before you got your first job?

I am really trying to build an impeccable portfolio, but my confidence level is sometimes just too low. Really need every possible means to build my confidence.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Hinokami: 12:42pm On Jan 13, 2023
Rilwayne001:

Care to share you skills please and how you acquired them ?

Also your portfolio before you got your first job?

I am really trying to build an impeccable portfolio, but my confidence level is sometimes just too low. Really need every possible means to build my confidence.

I started learning excel on the side before an internal opportunity within my organisation opened up. I was able to convince them plus my enthusiasm for upskilling gave me the job during the interview.

Since then I've learnt sql, power bi, tableau and python. I hate python but I have to learn it because I need it to venture into data engineering.

For projects ensure that you work on unique project. Not just capstone projects or the ones that everyone is doing making copy and paste easy. Work on projects you are able to talk about keenly.

Coursera, YouTube and Udacity have been my lifesavers
Excel
SQL
Visualisation tool
Python
In that order.

Also analytics isn't just about following the process of gathering data, cleaning it and propping out some visuals
Ask questions, know the data in depth to see if it can solve your problems. What insights can you glean from the data that can guide decision making of the stakeholders
Presentation skills, narrative visuals and data storytelling are important skills too.

Hope this helps

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Rilwayne001: 12:53pm On Jan 13, 2023
Hinokami:

I started learning excel on the side before an internal opportunity within my organisation opened up. I was able to convince them plus my enthusiasm for upskilling gave me the job during the interview.

Since then I've learnt sql, power bi, tableau and python. I hate python but I have to learn it because I need it to venture into data engineering.

For projects ensure that you work on unique project. Not just capstone projects or the ones that everyone is doing making copy and paste easy. Work on projects you are able to talk about keenly.

Excel
SQL
Visualisation tool
Python
In that order.

Also analytics isn't just about following the process of gathering data, cleaning it and propping out some visuals
Ask questions, know the data in depth to see if it can solve your problems. What insights can you glean from the data that can guide decision making of the stakeholders
Presentation skills, narrative visuals and data storytelling are important skills too.

Hope this helps

Yes, definitely. Thank you.

I am thinking of abandoning R and just go for Python. Never taken any course on python at all. Still trying hard to perfect my knowledge of the rest.

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Rilwayne001: 2:12pm On Jan 13, 2023
Also, do you use MSQL or Postgre. Which is best learned and in demand?

I was introduced to Biq Qeury when I was taking my GDA course. But I'm learning more on SQL, problem only is I have not been practising well enough.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ijomobi(m): 1:00pm On Jan 17, 2023
mcemmy0z:
If you reside around songo Ota I have these available
*Udemy - Beginner to Pro in Excel Financial Modeling and Valuation
*Udemy - SQL - MySQL for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
*Tableau 10 A-Z Hands-On Tableau Training For Data Science!
*Tableau Hands-on Learn Data Visualization with Tableau
*Udemy - Power BI A-Z Hands-On Power BI Training For Data Science
*Udemy - Machine Learning A-Z™ Hands-On Python & R In Data Science
*Udemy - Python for Financial Analysis and Algorithmic Trading

Hello brother, can I still have these?

My email:jubrilismaelolanrewaju@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by VicUkegbu(m): 12:14pm On Jan 18, 2023
Hinokami:

Excel
SQL
Visualisation tool
Python
In that order.

Hope this helps

Hi Hinokami
I am a self taught Data analyst, I would love to connect with you.
I sent you a mail.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Hinokami: 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2023
VicUkegbu:

Hi Hinokami
I am a self taught Data analyst, I would love to connect with you.
I sent you a mail.

I have replied your mail
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Blurpy: 5:38pm On Jan 18, 2023
Can I send a pm?
Hinokami:

I have replied your mail
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Hinokami: 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2023
Blurpy:
Can I send a pm?

Feel free to
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 12:09am On Jan 23, 2023
Who uses PostgreSQL please?
I'm trying to load a csv file into a database via the pgadmin GUI...
I know an approach is to COPY table FROM file path
but I DO NOT want to create a table first, since the file has hundreds of columns and it'll be time consuming..

Is there a work around?

Hinokami
Raalsalghul
Cochtrane
lovelybobo
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by extendo: 8:37pm On Jan 28, 2023
Analyze public health data for MetricsDAO for a chance to win $400, submissions close on the 3rd of February, 2023.

https://airtable.com/shrOhIcLvmeWrcMME/tblHEDBsMC1jourQf/viwMjFRVN6TcYfSuc/rec0IwwNzvSDlniU7

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by KlausMichaelson: 6:09pm On Feb 01, 2023
Hi Data Fam,

Who has learnt Object Detection using Tensorflow Object detection API?

Kindly tell me what tutorial (material, video, course) you used for learning. I can't seem to find any. The official documentation seems are not too explicit.

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by KlausMichaelson: 9:24am On Feb 02, 2023
cc: Ibromodzi

Kindly tell me what tutorial (material, video, course) you used for learning. I can't seem to find any. The official documentation seems are not too explicit.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by VicUkegbu(m): 6:02pm On Feb 02, 2023
extendo:
Analyze public health data for MetricsDAO for a chance to win $400, submissions close on the 3rd of February, 2023.

https://airtable.com/shrOhIcLvmeWrcMME/tblHEDBsMC1jourQf/viwMjFRVN6TcYfSuc/rec0IwwNzvSDlniU7

Just seeing this now... too late. Would have jumped unto this 😪
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by KlausMichaelson: 2:24am On Feb 04, 2023
KlausMichaelson:
cc: Ibromodzi

Thanks in anticipation.

Lols I will have to reply my own post. Obviously no one is learning Object Detection here.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by PythonPros: 7:43am On Feb 04, 2023
Dear Nairalanders,

Are you a student who struggles with data analysis that takes too long and produces unreliable results?

Are you tired of searching for a trustworthy data analyst that delivers on time with accurate insights?

Do you have a deadline to beat!

Look no further!

With our expertise in python and advanced ready-to-use algorithms in our belt, we guarantee to deliver quick data analysis and visualizations with zero errors within a week!. You can always trust us to turn your data into valuable insights.

Contact us today to learn more about our algorithm and let's work together to achieve your data analysis goals!
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Emmacy001: 12:19pm On Feb 13, 2023
Drogbotel:
Please are you still available? I will gladly come get it. Please reply. Thanks

Please how am I gonna get this sir.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Emmacy001: 12:21pm On Feb 13, 2023
mcemmy0z:
If you reside around songo Ota I have these available
*Udemy - Beginner to Pro in Excel Financial Modeling and Valuation
*Udemy - SQL - MySQL for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
*Tableau 10 A-Z Hands-On Tableau Training For Data Science!
*Tableau Hands-on Learn Data Visualization with Tableau
*Udemy - Power BI A-Z Hands-On Power BI Training For Data Science
*Udemy - Machine Learning A-Z™ Hands-On Python & R In Data Science
*Udemy - Python for Financial Analysis and Algorithmic Trading
Good afternoon sir.
Please how am going to get this. I reside in Ewekoro
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by temiyato(m): 9:42pm On Feb 13, 2023
My latest VIZ
Tools … Excel and Tableau.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nteogwuija(m): 12:16pm On Feb 15, 2023
Hi, guys. Please is there a group where I can join for aspiring data analysts? I'm currently enrolled in Google's data analytics certificate course and I would like to meet like minds. Thanks.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Raalsalghul: 1:42pm On Feb 15, 2023
temiyato:
My latest VIZ
Tools … Excel and Tableau.

Quite simple and clean.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by temiyato(m): 4:18pm On Feb 15, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Quite simple and clean.

Thanks. I appreciate ur comment.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by temiyato(m): 4:23pm On Feb 15, 2023
Nteogwuija:
Hi, guys. Please is there a group where I can join for aspiring data analysts? I'm currently enrolled in Google's data analytics certificate course and I would like to meet like minds. Thanks.
Yes. There is a discord group but it’s almost non functional again. My advice to you is to watch YouTube videos, try out whatever u watch , do projects cos when u engage in multiple projects, u will learn more while carrying out each project.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nyxx123: 11:29am On Feb 17, 2023
Gentleman001:

Hii pls am having a challenge downloading mySQl. Is there any software I need to first download before downloading my sql. I sent you a mail thou. Thank you
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nteogwuija(m): 12:49am On Feb 18, 2023
temiyato:

Yes. There is a discord group but it’s almost non functional again. My advice to you is to watch YouTube videos, try out whatever u watch , do projects cos when u engage in multiple projects, u will learn more while carrying out each project.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by temiyato(m): 2:50pm On Feb 20, 2023
Good afternoon my great people. I just say make i dirty my hands small on top one CALL CENTRE DATASET. All play and no work, makes JAKE a lazy boy😄 🤣 😂
I think am beginning to like this tableau more compared to Power BI. But both are great tools in the hands of any good analyst including SAS

CALL CENTRE DASHBOARD
Data source..data dot world/ real world fake data
Viz designed by …… Temiyato
Tools …..Excel and Tableau
A call Centre dataset between 1/10/2020 – 31/10/2020.
Dashboard 1: Analysis shows that the four CALL – CENTRES received a total of thirty-two thousand, nine hundred and forty – one (32,941) calls within the whole month of October with Los Angeles/CA being the busiest with thirteen thousand, seven hundred and thirty – four (13,734) calls while Denver/CO received the least calls with a total of two thousand, seven hundred and seventy-six (2776) calls.
71.2% of the complains by the customers were Billing questions and an average of approximately twenty-five minutes per call in all CALL CENTRES. 62.6% of the calls were “Within SLA”. The map shows that CALL CENTRES in California received the most calls (3631 calls), followed closely by Texas with three thousand, five hundred and seventy-two (3572) calls while Maine, Vermont and Wyoming received less than twenty (20) calls each. The country map filters the second dashboard which was designed to show only cities where CALL CENTRES are located within the selected state.
Dashboard 3 : The third dashboard shows the Average minutes spent per call in each CHANNEL within the CALL CENTRES, a tree map showing the breakdown of numbers of calls in each CHANNEL within the CALL CENTRES, a line chart showing the numbers of calls received per day and the duration of the calls in minutes in each CHANNEL within the CALL CENTRES, another tree map showing sentiment analysis( which CHANNEL within the CALL CENTRES and CHANNELS received good ratings or bad ratings ) and lastly, a bar chart showing the complaints by the customers to determine if a particular complaints is high within a CALL CENTRE, why and what is the way forward.
The dashboards are linked via image visibly displayed in each dashboard and all necessary SLICERS are provided for further filtering of the Visualization.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.