Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,874 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (331440 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 6:45pm On Apr 04, 2020
If you have been working on Tableau lately. This resource will be helpful to you.
Would have attached the Tableau file but the limit here is 200k. So follow the link here
https://www.tableau.com/covid-19-coronavirus-data-resources

I find the link very useful for newbies or expert on Tableau

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by gargoylern: 7:01pm On Apr 04, 2020
MamaOO:

Uhmmm, is love to know which variants that is. I’m genuinely curious. I use PL/SQL (Oracle) for work and while I can use loops and structures in my oracle queries, it’s an appendage an appendage to the original SQL.

The types of compiling I can do with programming languages like C#, C++ or even python, I can’t do with SQL
Of course, no variant of SQL will give you C++ or python functionalities. But PL/SQL or TSQL are some of those that go beyond the typical query features of standard SQL. Many of these you can employ in writing normal procedural programs.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Jideola3(m): 3:53pm On Apr 05, 2020
Toppytek:

Lol, never bow for me oo, don’t know if the videos can be downloaded.

Hey Man,

Were you able to download the videos? If so, how? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 2:58pm On Apr 06, 2020
For newbies wanting to get a degree in computer science. I believe this link below is helpful. It’s a tuition free online university based in United States. I implore enthusiast wanting to get a foreign degree should apply.

PS: I’m not their advocate. In fact 2 of my dear friends just got admitted. Once applying you will be asked to make $65 applications fee. If you don’t have be sincere and tell them you don’t have.

Meanwhile google the school and do your research before going ahead with it.

Also you need internet and Laptop as a requirement too.

https://www.scholars4dev.com/3630/free-online-education-at-university-of-the-people/

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lymelyte(m): 8:26pm On Apr 06, 2020
looks like it is for undergrad..especially the comp science
Ejiod:
For newbies wanting to get a degree in computer science. I believe this link below is helpful. It’s a tuition free online university based in United States. I implore enthusiast wanting to get a foreign degree should apply.

PS: I’m not their advocate. In fact 2 of my dear friends just got admitted. Once applying you will be asked to make $65 applications fee. If you don’t have be sincere and tell them you don’t have.

https://www.scholars4dev.com/3630/free-online-education-at-university-of-the-people/
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 8:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
lymelyte:
looks like it is for undergrad..especially the comp science
Yup
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by kayode69(m): 12:54am On Apr 07, 2020
Please what aspects of python should i learn for data analysis.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by gargoylern: 5:20am On Apr 07, 2020
kayode69:
Please what aspects of python should i learn for data analysis.
Numpy, pandas and matplotlib. That's all you need.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by RealTrump: 8:18am On Apr 07, 2020
Please oh, gurus in the house. I am stuck with that covid data challenge.

import pandas as pd
import numpy as np
import seaborn as sns
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

covid = pd.read_csv('c:\\users\\bola\\desktop\\covid19-april-4.csv')
covid

filter_for_cases_greaterthan_5k = covid.TotalCases > 5000
covid[filter_for_cases_greaterthan_5k]

question
How can I plot the variable filter_for_cases_greaterthan_5k against in the countries. I have tried severally, learned a lot about data cleaning in the process but I think it's just my syntax that is wrong.

I can find my way around seaborn, I can filter the data (as seen in the screenshot). I don't know how to plot the data. I am desperate to complete my first data science challenge. I don tey for this python thing small.
@ejiod, ibromodzi, mcemmy0z:

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ibromodzi: 9:37am On Apr 07, 2020
RealTrump:

import pandas as pd
import numpy as np
import seaborn as sns

covid

question
How can I plot the variable filter_for_cases_greaterthan_5k against in the countries. I have tried severally, learned a lot about data cleaning in the process but I think it's just my syntax that is wrong.

I can find my way around seaborn, I can filter the data (as seen in the screenshot). I don't know how to plot the data. I am desperate to complete my first data science challenge. I don tey for this python thing small.

For a simple barplot, you can try this

# I'll like to take it from scratch so that others can learn
#import the necessary libraries i.e matplotlib, pandas etc..
import pandas

# read your data using pandas and let's save it in covid dataframe
#filtering your data
cases_greater>5k = covid.loc[covid['Totalcases'] > 5000]

#Plotting.... I think this is what you need
#set your x and y axes or you can just use a line of code in your plot but let's try to break it down
x = cases_greater>5k['Countries']
y = cases_greater>5k['Totalcases']
plt.bar(x, y) # you can format your plot anyhow
plt.xticks(rotation = 90)
plt.show()

6 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 10:35am On Apr 07, 2020
RealTrump:

import pandas as pd
import numpy as np
import seaborn as sns

covid

question

Use groupby then cast your country column.
After that save it as a variable and plot it.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 10:44am On Apr 07, 2020
Ejiod:

i for try this but Na internet sub go my major problem
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lymelyte(m): 1:33pm On Apr 07, 2020
gargoylern:

Numpy, pandas and matplotlib. That's all you need.
so all of python is not needed? shocked shocked
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Abcruz(m): 4:07pm On Apr 07, 2020
lymelyte:
so all of python is not needed? shocked shocked

Nobody knows all of python cos it's like an ocean with huge libraries you only have to know the basics and learn the libraries that is specific data analysis tasks.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lymelyte(m): 5:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
oh i see.. i taught one was expected to learn everything from bottom to top.. can one learn the use of libraries without having any knowledge of python?
Abcruz:

Nobody knows all of python cos it's like an ocean with huge libraries you only have to know the basics and learn the libraries that is specific data analysis tasks.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mcemmy0z: 7:44pm On Apr 07, 2020
lymelyte:
oh i see.. i taught one was expected to learn everything from bottom to top.. can one learn the use of libraries without having any knowledge of python?

Just learn the basics of python but focus more on functions, you will need that on a long run if you ever needed a shortcut, but most of the tutorials on data analysis always touch the area of python basic you need in their first videos.

6 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by swizzy2k: 12:35pm On Apr 08, 2020
Please, can someone suggest for me a good free course for Ms excel, or a pdf or a website to learn ms excel for data science. Please it's urgent.

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Blesser28(m): 12:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
hi guys
this of topic

im having issues installing and activiting ms office
esp the activitng part of it

help pease
anyone who gat idea if crack file will work

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 12:58pm On Apr 08, 2020
Blesser28:
hi guys
this of topic

im having issues installing and activiting ms office
esp the activitng part of it

help pease
anyone who gat idea if crack file will work
Google kmspico and download it
When installing turnoff your windows defender
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Blesser28(m): 1:02pm On Apr 08, 2020
[quote author=Ejiod post=88221551]

When installing turnoff your windows defender[/quote

i think it wasthe one i intall buth couldnt understand what the prceeures are do to languge barrier]
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Blesser28(m): 1:16pm On Apr 08, 2020
Ejiod:

When installing turnoff your windows defender
thanks man
will checkout google
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Abcruz(m): 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2020
lymelyte:
No!
You cannot build a house without foundation else it will collapse. While working with Python you'll encounter many cases which requires pre-existing knowledge of Python basics.

Take a complete tutorial of Python basics which is freely available on YouTube thereafter learn the libraries for data analysis.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lymelyte(m): 3:58pm On Apr 08, 2020
Abcruz:

No!
You cannot build a house without foundation else it will collapse. While working with Python you'll encounter many cases which requires pre-existing knowledge of Python basics.

Take a complete tutorial of Python basics which is freely available on YouTube thereafter learn the libraries for data analysis.
oh..ok. Tnx. what about sql? What role does it play here?

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Abcruz(m): 4:02pm On Apr 08, 2020
lymelyte:
oh..ok. Tnx. what about sql? What role does it play here?

SQL is used for database management it's equally a relevant skill.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lymelyte(m): 5:52pm On Apr 08, 2020
Abcruz:

SQL is used for database management it's equally a relevant skill.
I taught it was a neccesary skill required for becoming a data Analyst..

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by BoleAndFish: 7:44pm On Apr 08, 2020
lymelyte:
He already said it's a relevant skill na.

5 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by KunSegzy100(m): 11:13am On Apr 09, 2020
Ejiod:
If you have been working on Tableau lately. This resource will be helpful to you.
Would have attached the Tableau file but the limit here is 200k. So follow the link here
https://www.tableau.com/covid-19-coronavirus-data-resources

I find the link very useful for newbies or expert on Tableau
please help rate and review the visual report made through PowerBI. I am still a learner with just two weeks of self training. Thanks

10 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 12:29pm On Apr 09, 2020
KunSegzy100:
please help rate and review the visual report made through PowerBI. I am still a learner with just two weeks of self training. Thanks
Awesome but modify the coloring

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by KunSegzy100(m): 1:15pm On Apr 09, 2020
Ejiod:

Awesome but modify the coloring
Thanks Boss, will make the necessary adjustments

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Abcruz(m): 4:09pm On Apr 09, 2020
lymelyte:

Yes!
Very necessary. Data analysis also cuts across database management.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Abcruz(m): 4:12pm On Apr 09, 2020
KunSegzy100:

Fantastic!

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by KunSegzy100(m): 7:24pm On Apr 09, 2020
Abcruz:

Fantastic!
Thanks Boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.