Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,309 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (330668 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by BoleAndFish: 6:17am On Jun 17, 2020
lymelyte:
it is not about finishing.. Can you solve problems with it? Do you totally understand it? Have you attained at least 60% mastery at it?
Why do I find this funny? grin grin
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 8:09am On Jun 17, 2020
Savagethe21st:
boss what do u have to say about android developers... Do u thinks its lucrative here in nigeria?
Yes please.
Try Learning Flutter

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Chukwudaalu(m): 9:14am On Jun 17, 2020
lymelyte:
it is not about finishing.. Can you solve problems with it? Do you totally understand it? Have you attained at least 60% mastery at it?
Seconded.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by sammitebest: 10:26am On Jun 17, 2020
sammitebest:
Thank you so much for this thread.
Pls my question is...
Did you get certified after learning those languages and add it your resume when applying for those jobs?

Plz you haven't reply this
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by onlineit: 11:11am On Jun 17, 2020
Enjoyed reading the article above, really explains everything in detail, the article is very interesting and effective. Thank you and good luck for the upcoming articles Python Online Training
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Raalsalghul: 11:23am On Jun 17, 2020
Abcruz:

You can never know everything in Python because no one does. As you begin to apply your knowledge on end to end projects, you'll understand more of that which you think you don't know.

I learnt Python basics for about 3weeks before moving on to it's libraries.

Interesting!

Don't mind me, it's just that when I see some Python questions online that I can't attempt, it reminds me of how much I still need to learn.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lymelyte(m): 12:06pm On Jun 17, 2020
BoleAndFish:
Why do I find this funny? grin grin
grin.. Some think it is a novel or movie, they watch once and get the full picture.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by teewhydope(m): 4:15pm On Jun 17, 2020
cochtrane:

The sections column is the section to which the post belong. Could be politics, romance, etc.? The frontpagedate is the date and time the post made front page, while the posteddate is the date and time the thread was actually created.
When you parse each title on the frontpage, you will see that it has a date and time associated with it. For the section and posteddate, you would have to go into the links and extract that. So, for each link you obtain, you go inside the link and you can obtain as much information as you want about that link. You could even obtain all the users who posted there and the time they posted.

thank you. @ the bolded, i understand it's quite easy to get that from each link but how where you able to do it for the 28,000 links you scraped.

modifed: after watching some videos online, i figured how to do it easily with power bi. now i can move on to my next task. thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Evanspaul(m): 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2020
yemyke001:

Use this mail...my NL account is not linked to my mail... yemyke@gmail.com
Ok thanks.
Sent
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 7:12pm On Jun 17, 2020
Ejiod:

Yes please.
Try Learning Flutter

You forgot to add Dart before Flutter.

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 7:26pm On Jun 17, 2020
Toppytek:

You forgot to add Dart before Flutter.
You right! ..
Sure thinking he already knew it
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mbhs139(m): 7:38pm On Jun 17, 2020
A Free Self-Paced Learning Path for Machine learning. #BigData #Analytics #DataScience #IoT #IIoT #Python #RStats #TensorFlow #JavaScript #ReactJS #CloudComputing #Serverless #DataScientist #Linux #Books #Statistics #Programming #Coding #100DaysofCode

https://www.datasciencecentral.com/profiles/blogs/a-free-self-paced-learning-path-for-machinelearning-and

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Oospi(m): 8:59am On Jun 18, 2020
please I need help! how do I scrape data or tables from sites? e.g https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 9:43am On Jun 18, 2020
Oospi:
please I need help! how do I scrape data or tables from sites? e.g https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Depends on the tool you chose to use, but for this one I’ll suggest you use either Power Bi, Excel or Tableau, just copy the URL and chose “web” in the “get data” menu.

Questions like this can be easily googled.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Oospi(m): 11:14am On Jun 18, 2020
Toppytek:

Depends on the tool you chose to use, but for this one I’ll suggest you use either Power Bi, Excel or Tableau, just copy the URL and chose “web” in the “get data” menu.

Questions like this can be easily googled.
I've tried the 'get data' stuff for Excel, the system was just hanging, I don't know how to use Tableau or Power Bi, I just want to scrap the data with Python
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by UnbiasedAnalyst: 12:36pm On Jun 18, 2020
Greetings,
I've been learning data science using python since February last year and I'm very comfortable using python (pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, sklearn and numpy) for data science related stuff. As a matter of fact, I've completed two online internships and two online courses and I've been apply for jobs online but haven't gotten any invitation for interview expect those from fraudsters. I've completed 4 ML projects where I used svm, decisiontree, randomforest and logistic regression with a very high accuracy

Please I'm wondering if anyone could advice where I can apply to in other to secure a job either as an intern or junior data scientist.

I graduated from a State University 2018 from department of Statistics. I started learning DS right from my final year.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2020
Does anyone freelance as a data analyst on upwork?

I opened an account there yesterday, have submitted proposals for three easy gigs using all the proposal writing tricks I know, yet I haven't gotten an offer. The pessimistic side of me is saying "Who will trust a Nigerian with his data?"

If anyone has freelancing experience on foreign sites, please I'd appreciate tips or advice.

And I just hope the dirty side of Nigeria is not about to rear its ugly head again and dent me once more...
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Apologist02: 1:59pm On Jun 18, 2020
wisdomremz:

quote me with your email, i will send the pdf
Apologist02@gmail.com
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Dahyormine(m): 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2020
Kaycee54321:
Does anyone freelance as a data analyst on upwork?

I opened an account there yesterday, have submitted proposals for three easy gigs using all the proposal writing tricks I know, yet I haven't gotten an offer. The pessimistic side of me is saying "Who will trust a Nigerian with his data?"

If anyone has freelancing experience on foreign sites, please I'd appreciate tips or advice.

And I just hope the dirty side of Nigeria is not about to rear its ugly head again and dent me once more...
Upwork is highly competitive, and I don't think ur inability to land a gig is caused by u being a Nigerian, uptown is not like fiverr... I'm also there, trying to get something, don't give Up cos every hustler has a payday.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by MachineLearning: 3:33pm On Jun 18, 2020
UnbiasedAnalyst:
Greetings,
I've been learning data science using python since February last year and I'm very comfortable using python (pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, sklearn and numpy) for data science related stuff. As a matter of fact, I've completed two online internships and two online courses and I've been apply for jobs online but haven't gotten any invitation for interview expect those from fraudsters. I've completed 4 ML projects where I used svm, decisiontree, randomforest and logistic regression with a very high accuracy

Please I'm wondering if anyone could advice where I can apply to in other to secure a job either as an intern or junior data scientist.

I graduated from a State University 2018 from department of Statistics. I started learning DS right from my final year.

Apply for data analyst position

Learn Tableau (just 2weeks)
Learn SQL (Just 2 months especially with the skills you already gave now, you will master SQL in less than 2 months)

After learning these, start applying for data analyst positions, leave machine learning and deep learning first, relax... Then when you het your foot in the industry, you start upping your skills and applying for core data science jobs

If you follow this instructions, there is no way wot won't get a data analyst role with what you have already learnt now... I must commend your effort, I am inspired, respect...

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by nwele2017: 4:05pm On Jun 18, 2020
UnbiasedAnalyst:
Greetings,

my brother let tell you a little screet .
Most Nigeria employers don't know the difference between data analyst and data scientist. most data analyst jobs in Nigeria are actually data science job. Nigerians have not really understood the difference between this two terms. I will advice you to start applying for data analyst job , but you need to add advance Excel,SQL , tabulea or powebi and some understand of metrics and KPI of domain of interest to your arsenal.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Tesvin: 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2020
Pls how do I tell my boss that I want to start playing the role of a data analyst in the company.

I work in a small company that is into the production and sales of a Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMGC) .

I'm done learning excel and I'm currently studying SQL - mysql
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by dauddy97(m): 5:41pm On Jun 18, 2020
UnbiasedAnalyst:
Greetings,

pls, use indeed for your job search. you are doing great bro. Can u tell me the 2 online internship u did. I wish to apply for data science/analyst internship. Thanks.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by SOLARPOWER1(f): 5:51pm On Jun 18, 2020
dauddy97:

pls, use indeed for your job search. you are doing great bro. Can u tell me the 2 online internship u did. I wish to apply for data science/analyst internship. Thanks.

Please can you share links to the courses you used to learn all these

python (pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, sklearn and numpy) for data science
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by SOLARPOWER1(f): 5:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
Please I need courses (FREE) and any paid course for Python pandas ....And python for data analysis in general
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mcemmy0z: 5:59pm On Jun 18, 2020
nwele2017:

Most Nigeria employers don't know the difference between data analyst and data scientist. most data analyst jobs in Nigeria are actually data science job. Nigerians have not really understood the difference between this two terms. I will advice you to start applying for data analyst job , but you need to add advance Excel,SQL , tabulea or powebi and some understand of metrics and KPI of domain of interest to your arsenal.

You are so so right on this
They copy each other for their advert. They will be asking for a full IT department skills for a data analyst job

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by UnbiasedAnalyst: 6:04pm On Jun 18, 2020
nwele2017:

Thanks for the kind word bro. I've also learnt Tableau and I once used it to create an interactive dashboard to visualized the spread of Covid19 sometimes last month. I'm currently learning SQL and I've getting along pretty well. I'll start applying for data analyst position as advised. Thanks you very much

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by UnbiasedAnalyst: 6:09pm On Jun 18, 2020
dauddy97:

Thanks for your kind word bro. I'll help you get the link and forward it to you in a moment
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by UnbiasedAnalyst: 6:11pm On Jun 18, 2020
MachineLearning:

Apply for data analyst position

Learn Tableau (just 2weeks)
Learn SQL (Just 2 months especially with the skills you already gave now, you will master SQL in less than 2 months)

After learning these, start applying for data analyst positions, leave machine learning and deep learning first, relax... Then when you het your foot in the industry, you start upping your skills and applying for core data science jobs

If you follow this instructions, there is no way wot won't get a data analyst role with what you have already learnt now... I must commend your effort, I am inspired, respect...

Thanks for the kind word bro. I'll stick to your advice
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
Dahyormine:
Upwork is highly competitive, and I don't think ur inability to land a gig is caused by u being a Nigerian, uptown is not like fiverr... I'm also there, trying to get something, don't give Up cos every hustler has a payday.

Thanks man. Have you gotten any data analytic gigs there? I know people who pull in clean funds from other skills there but haven't seen data analysts.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 7:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
SOLARPOWER1:
Please I need courses (FREE) and any paid course for Python pandas ....And python for data analysis in general

Do you live in Lagos? Can you come to badagry? If yes, PM.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by SOLARPOWER1(f): 7:41pm On Jun 18, 2020
Toppytek:

Do you live in Lagos? Can you come to badagry? If yes, PM.

So painful, I am in delta state ...You don't have a link to a Google drive

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.