Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (278246 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Mrkellz: 9:51am On Aug 20, 2019
okoroemeka:
you don't need to buy all at once and keep, when starting a project we have a scale of preference,we get the ones that is needed that particular time like wormforce,then we plant,for 4500 plants you need 2300 holes at 2 gram per hole you have 4.6 kg and it's sold for #1700 per kg pack,you will use roughly 3 bags of rope,for the others just buy 1 pack or tin of everything after using you buy another.for fertilizer just get one bag.

Thanks a lot.will start purchasing some of the items ASAP
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Mrkellz: 9:59am On Aug 20, 2019
Please does anyone know the varieties of cucumber that sells well in Lagos and the price range for dry season? I want to run the feasibility study.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 11:34am On Aug 20, 2019
Mrkellz:
Please does anyone know the varieties of cucumber that sells well in Lagos and the price range for dry season? I want to run the feasibility study.
if you read wiz2019 posts you will see that he planted 2 varieties for the mile 12 market ,jorad and cu 999,and the jorad got better prices than the cu 999,just go and plant Murano 2f1 and save yourself unnecessary headaches.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by TangoAlpha: 11:58am On Aug 20, 2019
gthorpe123:
Dear Nairalanders

I hope you are having a great month. We have 58 tons of Your favorite NatSoil organic fertilizer left and available for sale.

Please see below 7 reasons why NatSoil is better than the rest

1. NatSoil is better than other organic fertilizers because of it’s high carbon content (up to 91% on a dry weight basis). NatSoil contains naturally available CO(NH2)2 urea, NH4+ ammonium, organic compounds with nitrogen (N) and fatty acids (carbon, hydrogen and oxygen). In the soil the carbon causes those micro-organisms (microbes) that cannot fix carbon themselves (for e.g fungi) to use the carbon for energy & propagate.

2.It contains chitin (about 20% of carbon content), which is the most important carbon compound in soil as it attracts 3x more beneficial microbes than any other organic fertilizer. Beneficial microbes are essential for nutrient/enzyme exchange in crops. Early appearance of these microbes and readily available nutrients for them to feed on ensures they propane faster than non beneficial microbes.

3. Chitin (from maggot skin) in the soil keeps soil PH optimal. it also increases nitrogen over time as microbes expand, die then decompose (allowing crops mineralize N in various forms over a long period of time).

4.Beneficial microbes in NatSoil enable the flow of auxin and other nutrients like protein (from N which is rated at 3%), K (3%), calcium, copper, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum.

4. The increase in soil activity and the readily available nutrients speed up *germination* and *flowering/fruiting process*.

5. We have composted our product to breakdown chitin, carbon, fat, cellulose and Nitrogen such that it is readily available for mineralization by crops. This ensure that our organic fertilizer is high in microbes.

6. The chitin levels in NatSoil are adequate to restrict the growth of harmful microbes and the composting process ensures that only beneficial microbes grow first and crowd out pest microbes, pathogens and insects.

7.Our customers note a remarked difference in growth of the crop compared with any other fertilizer. Customers have seen a reduction in mites, stem borers, wireworms, botrytis species that cause mildew, moulds etc.

8. We produce locally in Epe, composting insect manure from our insect farming operations (we make 50% insect protein meal as our core product).

Please do not miss out on this opportunity to try our product at a low price of N20,000 per ton.

Contact me directly for any orders on 08176499981.

Thanks and kind regards

George

MagProtein Nigeria Limited

A post like this, I think, should get a bit more attention. It's a well of information and potentially a solution to many challenges we have as crop farmers in this country.

The NatSoil potentially fills the gaps where poultry and other animal manure are limited, while matching or even out performing the animal manure in their areas of strength. If you study the quoted post carefully, you will probably see my point.

Apart from the nutritional promises of the NatSoil, for me, the chitin it contains gives it a huge edge. We need to study the benefits of chitin and discuss it a bit more to educate ourselves.

A lot of us think that the best way to combat diseases is by generous application of fungicides. Unfortunately, this is the narrative pushed the most in this country. The first advise I see people give farmers on Nairaland and elsewhere in this country when farmers have issues with plant diseases is 'bombard with this or that fungicides'.

Interestingly, crops have natural ability to build immunity to many diseases they face. Our heavy dependence on synthetic inputs limits the plant's ability to build this immunity.

Chitin is one of those substances that trigger a false disease attack on crops early in the crop's lifecycle and forces the crop to secrete 'chemicals' or hormones that fortify the crop's immune response. By the time the actual diseases now start to attack the crop, the crop will be ready to combat it by itself with little or no need for fungicide application. Please study this more.

It's a blessing that we have easy access to a product that has chitin. We don't have to bother about importation costs. (There are other sources of chitin locally, the problem is with extraction)

Natsoil is awesome for other reasons if only we can all interprete the weight behind many of the listed features.

Apologies @okoroemeka for jumping on your thread

Cheers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by gthorpe123: 12:54pm On Aug 20, 2019
TangoAlpha:

A post like this, I think, should get a bit more attention. It's a well of information and potentially a solution to many challenges we have as crop farmers in this country.

The NatSoil potentially fills the gaps where poultry and other animal manure are limited, while matching or even out performing the animal manure in their areas of strength. If you study the quoted post carefully, you will probably see my point.

Apart from the nutritional promises of the NatSoil, for me, the chitin it contains gives it a huge edge. We need to study the benefits of chitin and discuss it a bit more to educate ourselves.

A lot of us think that the best way to combat diseases is by generous application of fungicides. Unfortunately, this is the narrative pushed the most in this country. The first advise I see people give farmers on Nairaland and elsewhere in this country when farmers have issues with plant diseases is 'bombard with this or that fungicides'.

Interestingly, crops have natural ability to build immunity to many diseases they face. Our heavy dependence on synthetic inputs limits the plant's ability to build this immunity.

Chitin is one of those substances that trigger a false disease attack on crops early in the crop's lifecycle and forces the crop to secrete 'chemicals' or hormones that fortify the crop's immune response. By the time the actual diseases now start to attack the crop, the crop will be ready to combat it by itself with little or no need for fungicide application. Please study this more.

It's a blessing that we have easy access to a product that has chitin. We don't have to bother about importation costs. (There are other sources of chitin locally, the problem is with extraction)

Natsoil is awesome for other reasons if only we can all interprete the weight behind many of the listed features.

Cheers!

Thank you Sir. You hit the nail on the head. We look forward to doing more business with you.

Regards
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 2:17pm On Aug 20, 2019
TangoAlpha:

Cheers!

you don't need to apologise this is the people's and farmers thread,any information that is beneficial is very welcome, even the obvious wacky ideas can sometimes work.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Ceromtrue: 2:50pm On Aug 20, 2019
Mrkellz:
Thanks for the info so far.im so motivated.
I'm planting some once it starts raining again.
Pls for about 4500plants, how many of these do I need ?
1-haifa bonus
2-bags of npk 151515
3-bags of rope
4-imiforce
5-wormforce
6-saaf
7-sachets of systematic fungicide
8-packs of contact fungicide

Pls what's the price of worm force and saaf?
Can't find them in my locality.
And also do I need to put those holes by the side when planting on the flat?

I can sell to you SAAF @ reduced cost. 50% discount
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Ceromtrue: 2:52pm On Aug 20, 2019
Mrkellz:
Thanks for the info so far.im so motivated.
I'm planting some once it starts raining again.
Pls for about 4500plants, how many of these do I need ?
1-haifa bonus
2-bags of npk 151515
3-bags of rope
4-imiforce
5-wormforce
6-saaf
7-sachets of systematic fungicide
8-packs of contact fungicide

Pls what's the price of worm force and saaf?
Can't find them in my locality.
And also do I need to put those holes by the side when planting on the flat?

I can sell to you SAAF at reduced price ok if interested
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by sconp: 6:51pm On Aug 20, 2019
Pls is there anyone in Lagos/Ogun that has excess cucumber seed or some remaining from recent planting? I would love to give this a shot.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Konafas: 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2019
okoroemeka:
you don't need to apologise this is the people's and farmers thread,any information that is beneficial is very welcome, even the obvious wacky ideas can sometimes work.

Ask the guy how much is logistics to your location
It will amaze you!
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by gthorpe123: 12:25am On Aug 21, 2019
Konafas:

Ask the guy how much is logistics to your location
It will amaze you!

Sir I’m sorry that we gave an expensive quote for logistics to your location. We are working to partner with Vendors as far as Ijebu Ode (we are in Epe and transport here is expensive) to get he best price for logistics.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Mrkellz: 1:29am On Aug 21, 2019
Ceromtrue:

I can sell to you SAAF at reduced price ok if interested

How much is it?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Mrkellz: 1:31am On Aug 21, 2019
okoroemeka:
if you read wiz2019 posts you will see that he planted 2 varieties for the mile 12 market ,jorad and cu 999,and the jorad got better prices than the cu 999,just go and plant Murano 2f1 and save yourself unnecessary headaches.

Thanks...
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Godben(m): 11:32pm On Aug 21, 2019
okoroemeka:

pls can u help me with a contact or direction as to where i can get phostrogen nd mancozeb in lagos, pls its urgent shocked
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:01am On Aug 22, 2019
Godben:

pls can u help me with a contact or direction as to where i can get phostrogen nd mancozeb in lagos, pls its urgent shocked
we can waybill it to you if you need it, phostrogen is #5k for 5 ltr gallon,mancozeb price depends on brand you want, WhatsApp 08119942049 for more info.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Godben(m): 8:29am On Aug 22, 2019
okoroemeka:
we can waybill it to you if you need it, phostrogen is #5k for 5 ltr gallon,mancozeb price depends on brand you want, WhatsApp 08119942049 for more info.
ok thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Ceromtrue: 10:12am On Aug 22, 2019
Mrkellz:

How much is it?

Normally it goes for #1500 but I will sell for #1000 and if you buy up to 5 I will give you 1 extra.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Mrkellz: 10:43am On Aug 22, 2019
okoroemeka:

I've finally seen his post.A bit surprised though. There's one dey call baby cucumber in my city. Do you know the name of the variety?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2019
Mrkellz:

I've finally seen his post.A bit surprised though. There's one dey call baby cucumber in my city. Do you know the name of the variety?
pics will make it easier to identify the variety
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by gbengaoa(m): 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2019
hello guys, please for how many weeks will a cucumber plant produce fruit?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Idemujoseph: 7:15pm On Aug 22, 2019
gbengaoa:
hello guys, please for how many weeks will a cucumber plant produce fruit?
Good evening bro!
Please I will advise you to go through the thread from the beginning. If you are interested in cucumber, you have a whole lots to learn. So, going through the thread will help you to get answer to your question and many other questions about cucumber.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 22, 2019
Juliana7:
oga cu999 is not a dark green cucumber, cucumbers that sell in lagos are dark green cucumber. So, look for cultivars that produces dark green
Some cities self! Even Lagos is that traditional. One thing i like about the middlebelt states is that everything sells in the market. They hardly discriminate as long as your goods are edible.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Mrkellz: 10:28pm On Aug 22, 2019
okoroemeka:
pics will make it easier to identify the variety

Ok.I'll try to get the pic soon
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by gbengaoa(m): 7:13pm On Aug 23, 2019
please how can I resolve this problem on my field, it's observed after the 3rd harvest, the leaves are dying from the base but starts with a spotted gold-like coloration, and then the leaves fall off

I've been using imiforce and z-force every 5-7days before this problem was observed.

Advice please.

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by TangoAlpha: 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2019
gbengaoa:
please how can I resolve this problem on my field, it's observed after the 3rd harvest, the leaves are dying from the base but starts with a spotted gold-like coloration, and then the leaves fall off

I've been using imiforce and z-force every 5-7days before this problem was observed.

Advice please.

There are at least three things wrong.

1) Malnourishment. I cannot tell a lot from looking at one leaf. There may be multiple nutrients deficient in the crops. But I can clearly see signs of Potassium deficiency. And your crop is in fruiting/harvest stage; when potassium requirements are at the peak. Apply generous quantities of potassium. Please go for Potassium Sulfate as much as possible. Avoid Potassium Nitrate. Nitrate will cause more harm than good....especially at this stage.

2) There are signs of insect attack. Probably beetles. You should be able to tell which insects are the culprit by observation. Insect traps might have been able to help you ID the insects; but I doubt if you have enough time to get that now. You need to find an appropriate insecticide to support the imiforce. Extensive beetle infestation can introduce bacteria infection (I think)

3) I suspect you Downy mildew. 'Suspect' because the signs from the picture you shared are not so pronounced. You may need to get additional fungicides to support the z-force. I doubt if you still have much room to reverse the DM. I think at best, you will be able to prevent it from getting worse until you get additional harvests from this set of production.

Crops are most susceptible to infection during fruiting. See them as 'pregnant'.

All the best

4 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by BECALMBECALM(m): 6:28am On Aug 24, 2019
May God bless Okoroemeka for opening this thread and also for sharing very important information. I spent almost one day to read this thread from page one to the last page.You guys are just good. I have a strong PASSION for agriculture right from my primary school days. I am considering location .I want to ask you guys to suggest to me.Between Akwa ibom and ilorin which state is better to establish a farm.Considering availability of land and market.I have interest in piggery, poultry and vegetable farming. May the good lord bless all of us.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 7:47am On Aug 24, 2019
BECALMBECALM:
May God bless Okoroemeka for opening this thread and also for sharing very important information. I spent almost one day to read this thread from page one to the last page.You guys are just good. I have a strong PASSION for agriculture right from my primary school days. I am considering location .I want to ask you guys to suggest to me.Between Akwa ibom and ilorin which state is better to establish a farm.Considering availability of land and market.I have interest in piggery, poultry and vegetable farming. May the good lord bless all of us.
from personal experience I think akwa ibom will best suit the type of integrated farm you are thinking about because of crazy high price of produce there,and I believe piggery and veggies will give you the best results,that's what we are doing currently now we are using manure from our piggery and cattle farm to plant veggies, vertical integration=zero waste.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by BECALMBECALM(m): 9:04am On Aug 24, 2019
Thank you Mr Okroemeka. That is exactly what I was thinking.But I am considering availability of cheap farm land in Akwa ibom.I do not know if one can easily get cheap farmland to buy in Akwa ibom.For ilorin land is not an issue.Again thanks for answering my question (Chukwu gozie gi nwanne mmadu).
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by gbengaoa(m): 9:21am On Aug 24, 2019
TangoAlpha:

There are at least three things wrong.

1) Malnourishment. I cannot tell a lot from looking at one leaf. There may be multiple nutrients deficient in the crops. But I can clearly see signs of Potassium deficiency. And your crop is in fruiting/harvest stage; when potassium requirements are at the peak. Apply generous quantities of potassium. Please go for Potassium Sulfate as much as possible. Avoid Potassium Nitrate. Nitrate will cause more harm than good....especially at this stage.

2) There are signs of insect attack. Probably beetles. You should be able to tell which insects are the culprit by observation. Insect traps might have been able to help you ID the insects; but I doubt if you have enough time to get that now. You need to find an appropriate insecticide to support the imiforce. Extensive beetle infestation can introduce bacteria infection (I think)

3) I suspect you Downy mildew. 'Suspect' because the signs from the picture you shared are not so pronounced. You may need to get additional fungicides to support the z-force. I doubt if you still have much room to reverse the DM. I think at best, you will be able to prevent it from getting worse until you get additional harvests from this set of production.

Crops are most susceptible to infection during fruiting. See them as 'pregnant'.

All the best

Thank you so much. I actually used NPK 20:10:10 at 3WAP, I've lost the entire field though they all died, I will be following the recommendation on the new field now.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by funsoul: 10:22am On Aug 24, 2019
gbengaoa:

Thank you so much. I actually used NPK 20:10:10 at 3WAP, I've lost the entire field though they all died, I will be following the recommendation on the new field now.
After leaves browning and drying off,did the plant wilt or did any of the plant wilt?
Since this is rainy season apply systemic fungicides also
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Wizs2019: 11:08am On Aug 24, 2019
Wizs2019:

So my people total harvest numbers from this cucumber planting season:

Jorad section: 146 bags
Cu999 section : 324 bags
Total harvest: 470 bags

We didn't quite make the 500 bags but I am so grateful to God. More than 100% return on total investment in approximately 8 weeks. However there is plenty of room for improvements. Another area of my farm is currently been prepared, it is slightly smaller at about 4 plots than the one used to get the quoted harvest, but the target this time is 500 bags.

Wish me luck!

PS. Bros Emeka, have you planted yet? You definitely need to install drip irrigation on your farm because with this system in place you can definitely get your target of 50 bags over an half plot area (and with fertigation it should be relatively easy). I am working on putting some useful material (cucumber planting instructions, best practices and the recipe I am currently using and still developing) together for the public audience in this thread. Watch this space!

Hello my people, Hope you're all enjoying the weekend. As I promised, please see my general cucumber instructions and the recipe of Fertilisers that I use for fertigation during the planting season. I tried to make the document concise. Please review, comment, critic, and discuss as you like.

Here is a list of some of the chemical products I use:

NEMATICIDE
Velum Prime

INSECTICIDE
Magic Force
Lamda
Caterpillar Force

FUNGICIDE
Cabrio Duo
Ridomil Gold

MISC
Super Grow

Please remember you are required to follow the label of any agricultural chemical by Law.

I am putting together a best practice document which I share soon.

Have a lovely weekend!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 4:13pm On Aug 24, 2019
Wizs2019:

Hello my people, Hope you're all enjoying the weekend. As I promised, please see my general cucumber instructions and the recipe of Fertilisers that I use for fertigation during the planting season. I tried to make the document concise. Please review, comment, critic, and discuss as you like.

Here is a list of some of the chemical products I use:

NEMATICIDE
Velum Prime

INSECTICIDE
Magic Force
Lamda
Caterpillar Force

FUNGICIDE
Cabrio Duo
Ridomil Gold

MISC
Super Grow

Please remember you are required to follow the label of any agricultural chemical by Law.

I am putting together a best practice document which I share soon.

Have a lovely weekend!
this type of information sharing is what this thread is all about,if I use wiz2019 formula to succeed will I come tomorrow and take my produce to mile 12 from imo state to sell or will I take his customers in ogun or oyo state,there are some analysts that find it difficult to share information with other farmers for reasons best known to them,all I see in them is hubris and pride at it's peak.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.