Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Who Should Be The First SON. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Should Be The First SON. (1729 Views)

Nairalanders Please Help, My First Son Is Behaving Somehow / Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Be The First SON. by Nna17(m): 12:08pm On Oct 22, 2019
Hello people, please your kind advice is needed here.
sometimes in 2013 My Aunt whose been married for a decade without a child, opted for an adoption of A baby boy after reaching an agreement with her husband.

they adopted the child In mid December that same year, two years later she conceived and delivered of A baby boy.

there has been a bit of controversy on who is the First SON.

sincerely speaking who should be the first SON?
Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by Omojudy: 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2019
Nna17:
sometimes in 2013 My Aunt whose been married for a decade without a child, opted for an adoption of A baby boy after reaching an agreement with her husband.

they adopted the child In mid December that same year, two years later she conceived and delivered of A baby boy.

Who ever was born first obviously!

9 Likes

Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by ahnie: 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2019
The biological son of course!
Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 22, 2019
The adopted son is the older son and the first son. It doesn't matter that he was adopted.
They should treat them equally, not start introducing unnecessary disparities like this into their midst.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by ogawisdom(m): 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2019
This one is tough but blood is thicker than water

The biological son is the first son, they should explain to the adopted son that he was adopted cool

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by Vyolet(f): 4:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
The adopted son is still the first son, let them leave it at that.

15 Likes

Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 22, 2019
this should not even be an issue. later if the adopted son kill of una now . you guys will say he is evil

16 Likes

Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by liberalchick(f): 4:10pm On Oct 22, 2019
If you can’t treat your adopted child as you would your bio child then you’ve no business adopting a child.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by elektra(f): 4:15pm On Oct 22, 2019
The first son is the adopted kid because he was born first. TF is wrong with people?

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by thorpido(m): 4:21pm On Oct 22, 2019
^^^ What's the meaning of the biological son is the first son?

Please if you will not treat an adopted child who has taken your name and has been integrated into the family as a heir,you have no business with adoption.

If i ever get adopted and grow up to be treated like Esau who gave up his first born rights,i'll wait for an important family gathering,see that everyone is in and secretly strap myself with an IED and wipe the whole family.

^^The above statement is just a joke but questioning the rights of the adopted son is just so wrong.

7 Likes

Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by bukatyne(f): 4:26pm On Oct 22, 2019
Nigerians we are not ripe for many things sha.

I keep realizing that we cannot use oyibo methods to solve most of our problems.

Adoption means the child is yours.

If you are still asking who the first son is after adopting a son, there is a problem.

BTW, doesn't the child have the family surname?

17 Likes

Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by elektra(f): 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2019
bukatyne:

I keep realizing that we cannot use oyibo methods to solve most of our problems.

If you are still asking who the first son is after adopting a son, there is a problem.

That the question even crossed the parent's minds is bad enough, they are even debating it with extended family. Unbelievable

7 Likes

Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by nlPoster: 5:04pm On Oct 22, 2019
Nna17:

Your thread title "Who should be the first son" is alarming. There's nothing like "Who should be", as if the assumed "position" is debatable or ambiguous.

I assume you mean who is the first son.

As people have told you, the first son is the oldest child.

6 Likes

Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by ctleurocollege: 5:44pm On Oct 22, 2019
The adopted one is the first. There's no need for this question, unless you want to kill him

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by farady(m): 5:44pm On Oct 22, 2019
bukatyne:

Laugh wan kill me after reading your comments. You are right my sister. We are not ripe for certain things as Nigerians.

That they are even debating it is already a problem, meaning the possibility of treating, according all rights and privileges due the adopted son like their biological child is very remote, either now or in the future.

5 Likes

Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by Prettiepearlz(f): 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2019
Should this be a question let alone causing any issue in the family? Adoption mean accepting a child as yours. Meaning you give the child your name, love and everything. It doesn’t matter if one child is biological or adopted. He is their son, meaning the adopted is the first child and son. What the hell is wrong with you people? Nigerians adopt child not for love but for the saying that one child begets another. And once they get that other child, the adopted becomes a nobody to them. Phew! You people play too much! To think some people commented saying it’s the biological child makes me shiver. Selfish people!

7 Likes

Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by sholay2011(m): 7:47pm On Oct 22, 2019
ogawisdom:
This one is tough but blood is thicker than water

The biological son is the first son, they should explain to the adopted son that he was adopted cool
The actual meaning of the full version of the emboldened quote is the opposite of what people think it is: "The blood of covenant is thicker than the water of the womb".

The adopted son is the first son.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by sisisioge: 7:51pm On Oct 22, 2019
The adopted child is the first son. Which kind question be this? angry grin
Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by elektra(f): 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2019
sholay2011:

The actual meaning of the full version of the emboldened quote is the opposite of what people think it is: "The blood of covenant is thicker than the water of the womb".

The adopted son is the first son.

Woah! I had no idea.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by helinues: 8:21pm On Oct 22, 2019
Why did they adopt in the first place?

That's the results when you copied what you have no knowledge about
Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by nnamdibig(m): 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2019
The biological son is the first son.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by DTC2(m): 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2019

Pls, do not bring hatred between your children.
The fact that he was adopted shouldn't make him less important.

You guys adopted him because you didn't have a child and you needed one. So, why seeing him differently now that God has blessed you with your own blood.

If you are not willing to see and take him as your own child, it is not too late to give him up to someone who will value him

I hate this type of rubbish

6 Likes

Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by Uwaomaokey(m): 1:39am On Oct 23, 2019
Here to learn & Juxtapose.
Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by Arijude(m): 9:54am On Oct 23, 2019
elektra:

That the question even crossed the parent's minds is bad enough, they are even debating it with extended family. Unbpelievable
you don old for nairaland oo
Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by Arijude(m): 9:59am On Oct 23, 2019
Kisses
Prettiepearlz:
Should this be a question let alone causing any issue in the family? Adoption mean accepting a child as yours. Meaning you give the child your name, love and everything. It doesn’t matter if one child is biological or adopted. He is their son, meaning the adopted is the first child and son. What the hell is wrong with you people? Nigerians adopt child not for love but for the saying that one child begets another. And once they get that other child, the adopted becomes a nobody to them. Phew! You people play too much! To think some people commented saying it’s the biological child makes me shiver. Selfish people!
Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by Acidosis(m): 11:50am On Oct 23, 2019
bukatyne:

This my sister sef.. grin grin grin grin Very funny
Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by Fountainofyouth(f): 1:34pm On Oct 23, 2019
Smh!!! The minds of some Nigerians, WTF is wrong with you people undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by baby124: 1:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
Lmaooooo. Nigerians!!! Worlds biggest comedians. This is why adoption mostly fails in Nigeria because once they give birth to their own child, the adopted child becomes like an inconvenience. It’s cultural because even extended families will not accept a child that is not related by blood. Nigerian culture does not have space for adoption. It’s seen as charity and not family. grin
Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by Ginaz(f): 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2019
Let’s assume they didn’t get to have their biological child, would this question have come about?
Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by Amarisa(f): 2:12pm On Oct 23, 2019
The adopted Son is the first son...

This question shouldn't come up at all...mtchew..
Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by yeyeosoronga: 2:23pm On Oct 23, 2019
Human beings are wicked sha.
You adopted this boy not because of love in your heart but becasue you felt you could never have a child of your own. Now that this boy's entrance into your home has opened doors, you want to relegate him to the background.
God is watching you o.
Please, the adopted son is the 1st child in that family.
Leave a will and share things equally between them in order to avoid cultures that would deprive younger siblings of an inheritance. That way, you would have done right by your children

3 Likes

Re: Who Should Be The First SON. by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:51pm On Oct 23, 2019
liberalchick:
If you can’t treat your adopted child as you would your bio child then you’ve no business adopting a child.

End of story!
They just adopted that boy to bid time. What a shame!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

##### Cash giveaway (September Edition): Urgent 2k Each For 10 People #### / World's First Pregnant Man. / How Do You Explain Walking Out On Your Wife And Newly Born Twins.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.