Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. (1239 Views)

My Marriage Of 10 Months Is Gradually Crashing / Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse / Lady Finds Out Her Husband Of 4 Months Is A Car Wash Boy And Not A Car Dealer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by Skillsmaster(m): 11:24am On Dec 13, 2023
Good day nairalanders. Please come to my rescue. I will be brief as possible. Please ignore any grammatical or spelling error.
I lost my job (teaching job) two months to my wedding. About 10-15 of us lost our job in this same school, because of the economy of the country. I couldn't get any job after then, so I decided that I will postpone my wedding because of this but everyone except my younger brother kicked against it including my wife. I continued with the wedding plan believing that everything will fall in place soon. This is three months after my wedding, still no job. My wife has tried a lot, she has a shop and she has been very helpful all these while and I use to appreciate her for that. But of recent she started behaving somehow, which shows that she is tired of the situation and I am also tired of the situation. My wife told me that she can no longer continue like this. I was surprised because this is the same woman that was so angry when I told her about my plan to postpone the wedding. To be honest with you people, she has tried, I must commend her.
On my own side, I have searched for job to no avail, both teaching and non teaching. I reside in Abuja, I and one of my friends have trekked on many occasions submitting my own CV. Yet no call for interview. I am a mathematics teacher, before my marriage, I can't submit my CV in three to four schools without getting any invite for interview from two or all of them. But it is the opposite now.
I tried to get capital to even start a poultry farm because I am also good at that, but I couldn't get any. My wife is already "threatening the marriage" asking me to bring money which she knows that I don't have. She told me that she regrets this marriage and just saying all sort of things. She knows that I am not lazy. Even to get labourer work on site is not easy. I will stop here.

I am sorry for bothering you with this long write up. You can say anything you want to say but I will appreciate it if you can help out with a job. I want to have my home back. Thank you.

Note: I studied engineering. I was a site engineer for like two years before going into teaching. Story for another day.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by Resetinc: 11:31am On Dec 13, 2023
I believe you have no kids yet since the marriage is 3months old …?
So, when you said “tired of everything” what and what is ‘everything’ — rent, upkeeps & feeding for 2 people for 3months and everyone is tired of everything?😂😂😂😂😂

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by Stevenbright(m): 11:33am On Dec 13, 2023
Have you tried home lesson teaching. It could be the way out for you as a mathematics teacher.

She threatening you could mean two things but I don't know which is your reality though:
1. She thinks being of help and soft on you is making you feel relaxed. Hence the need to fire you up.

2. She is beginning to fall for someone else and hence regretting the marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by advanceDNA: 11:34am On Dec 13, 2023
Lol
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by guysis(m): 11:35am On Dec 13, 2023
Keep applying,don't stop.

How about home lessons for your students of the school that just released you?

May the Lord come through for you!

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by 1TrippleCee: 11:36am On Dec 13, 2023
Oga, make flyers home teacher, go to event centers, malls, churches, put the flyer in car windows

find 10,000 Naira, print like 2,000 - 4,000 copies. Distribute and see the wonders that will happen

Why are Nigerians scarcely creative

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by faebenezer5star: 11:38am On Dec 13, 2023
This year has ended that allow too much pressure as this will put you at a higher risk of hbp , reason with your wife and plan ahead.
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by madridguy(m): 11:39am On Dec 13, 2023
Just keep pushing bro, you will get another job soon.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by Babangidapikin: 11:48am On Dec 13, 2023
You getting married without a source of income was a risky
bet, anyway you have to keep pushing, I know how difficult it's been single and jobless, how much more been married ... Just package yourself and your wife ...Go to some of this top church, volunteer..be friendly with the pastor.. hopefully he share his network with you and get you a job ...

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by Kobojunkiee: 11:59am On Dec 13, 2023
Skillsmaster:
I am a mathematics teacher, before my marriage, I can't submit my CV in three to four schools without getting any invite for interview from two or all of them. But it is the opposite now.
I tried to get capital to even start a poultry farm because I am also good at that, but I couldn't get any. My wife is already "threatening the marriage" asking me to bring money which she knows that I don't have. She told me that she regrets this marriage and just saying all sort of things. She knows that I am not lazy. Even to get labourer work on site is not easy. I will stop here.
I am sorry for bothering you with this long write up. You can say anything you want to say but I will appreciate it if you can help out with a job. I want to have my home back. Thank you.
Does your wife at least have a job of her own or did you marry her for a housewife on a teacher's salary? undecided

Do you share house responsibilities with her--- chores, etc.? Do you both still do things together even though things are hard? undecided

I hope you have both planned not to have children until you not only get your job back but saved up at least 6 months salary? undecided
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by Thundafireseun: 12:03pm On Dec 13, 2023
have you tried hugging a transformer??
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by Mindlog: 12:06pm On Dec 13, 2023
My wife is already "threatening the marriage" asking me to bring money which she knows that I don't have. She told me that she regrets this marriage and just saying all sort of things......Be bold enough to have a one to one talk with her, giving her the option to leave the marriage if she wants to, don't let her trigger your collapse.

I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that you teach mathematics and still not earning from it because your job as a teacher!

Like earlier suggested, be creative. Market your skills to parents especially those whose children will be sitting for next year's SSCE and NECO, kids living in Estates will be more ideal as you can get 4-5 parents in an Estate get their kids enrolled in your Maths tutorials that would be held in the home of one of the parents, selling them the angle of security as their children won't have to leave their Estate for the classes.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by AsomStructures: 12:13pm On Dec 13, 2023
I pray you find help soon

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by superCleanworks(m): 12:14pm On Dec 13, 2023
pressure
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by henrimoto(m): 12:15pm On Dec 13, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Does your wife at least have a job of her own or die you marry her to become a housewife on a teacher's salary? undecided

Do you share house responsibilities with her--- chores, etc.? Do you both still do things together even though things are hard? undecided

I hope you have both planned not to have children until you not only get your job back but saved up at least 6 months salary? undecided
..Kobo..!!
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by Skillsmaster(m): 12:15pm On Dec 13, 2023
Mindlog:
My wife is already "threatening the marriage" asking me to bring money which she knows that I don't have. She told me that she regrets this marriage and just saying all sort of things......Be bold enough to have a one to one talk with her, giving her the option to leave the marriage if she wants to, don't let her trigger your collapse.

I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that you teach mathematics and still not earning from it because your job as a teacher!

Like earlier suggested, be creative. Market your skills to parents especially those whose children will be sitting for next year's SSCE and NECO, kids living in Estates will be more ideal as you can get 4-5 parents in an Estate get their kids enrolled in your Maths tutorials that would be held in the home of one of the parents, selling them the angle of security as their children won't have to leave their Estate for the classes.

I have talked to her on several occasions. [color=#006600][/color]Thanks for your input. I really appreciate.
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by henrimoto(m): 12:17pm On Dec 13, 2023
Mindlog:

..At the bolded part, best idea and Advice.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by Skillsmaster(m): 12:18pm On Dec 13, 2023
Resetinc:
I believe you have no kids yet since the marriage is 3months old …?
So, when you said “tired of everything” what and what is ‘everything’ — rent, upkeeps & feeding for 2 people for 3months and everyone is tired of everything?😂😂😂😂😂

Tired of the situation. No job, no money to even feed the two people. My rent will be due in two months time.
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by Skillsmaster(m): 12:19pm On Dec 13, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Oga, make flyers home teacher, go to event centers, malls, churches, put the flyer in car windows

find 10,000 Naira, print like 2,000 - 4,000 copies. Distribute and see the wonders that will happen

Thank you

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by Resetinc: 12:26pm On Dec 13, 2023
Skillsmaster:

Tired of the situation. No job, no money to even feed the two people. My rent will be due in two months time.

Join your wife in her shop and be assisting her … forget the ‘I’m a graduate mentality’ … if you can drive look for who’s hiring keke drivers for hire-purchase …. It’s not easy anywhere

Lastly and more importantly…
next election, Vote wisely 😂😂😂

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by henrimoto(m): 12:30pm On Dec 13, 2023
Skillsmaster:

..Oluwa a se IYANU. - God will surprise you ! Be strong. Don't give up. Continue in your search and continue to believe God.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by Skillsmaster(m): 12:32pm On Dec 13, 2023
Resetinc:

Join your wife in her shop and be assisting her … forget the ‘I’m a graduate mentality’ … if you can drive look for who’s hiring keke drivers for hire-purchase …. It’s not easy anywhere

Lastly and more importantly…
next election, Vote wisely 😂😂😂

Graduate mentality? Anyway, you don't know me. I use to join her in the shop

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by Skillsmaster(m): 12:34pm On Dec 13, 2023
henrimoto:
..Oluwa a se IYANU. - God will surprise you ! Be strong. Don't give up. Continue in your search and continue to believe God.

Thank you. I won't give up

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by 1TrippleCee: 12:34pm On Dec 13, 2023
Skillsmaster:
Good day nairalanders. Please come to my rescue. I will be brief as possible. Please ignore any grammatical or spelling error.
I lost my job (teaching job) two months to my wedding. About 10-15 of us lost our job in this same school, because of the economy of the country. I couldn't get any job after then, so I decided that I will postpone my wedding because of this but everyone except my younger brother kicked against it including my wife. I continued with the wedding plan believing that everything will fall in place soon. This is three months after my wedding, still no job. My wife has tried a lot, she has a shop and she has been very helpful all these while and I use to appreciate her for that. But of recent she started behaving somehow, which shows that she is tired of the situation and I am also tired of the situation. My wife told me that she can no longer continue like this. I was surprised because this is the same woman that was so angry when I told her about my plan to postpone the wedding. To be honest with you people, she has tried, I must commend her.
On my own side, I have searched for job to no avail, both teaching and non teaching. I reside in Abuja, I and one of my friends have trekked on many occasions submitting my own CV. Yet no call for interview. I am a mathematics teacher, before my marriage, I can't submit my CV in three to four schools without getting any invite for interview from two or all of them. But it is the opposite now.

Note: I studied engineering. I was a site engineer for like two years before going into teaching. Story for another day.

Heaven is telling you that you do not need a job that the next level is your self empiwerment and from there start a home school from ther you turn into a school owner. The signs are clear

Go and present your wife with your new blueprint. Tell her i said she handles day care. You handle lesson

She collects like 100-400 Naira daily for home care for schools

You too charge between 200 - 500 Naira daily for youths for after school lessons.

Before you know it you both would have 200-400k plus per month
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by Freelancerr(m): 12:43pm On Dec 13, 2023
Keep submitting your CV, and soon you will get that job don't give up yet.

Just believe. 💡
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by lonelyatdtop: 12:45pm On Dec 13, 2023
Don't worry , you will be contacted soon, you can still apply as a part-time teacher with different subject. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by tevanso(m): 1:00pm On Dec 13, 2023
From his write up, even the 10k will be difficult for him to get, please help him with 10k if you have. Thanks
1TrippleCee:

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by henrimoto(m): 1:03pm On Dec 13, 2023
Skillsmaster:

Thank you. I won't give up
. Na now you come! See! It will end in praise. You will overcome this phase.
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by 1TrippleCee: 1:05pm On Dec 13, 2023
tevanso:
From his write up, even the 10k will be difficult for him to get, please help him with 10k if you have. Thanks

I won't. I have now given him clarity and direction and a blueprint to restrategize and remodel his life. Which is way higher than money.

Let him take loans from loan apps

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by Kobojunkiee: 1:12pm On Dec 13, 2023
Skillsmaster:
■ Graduate mentality? Anyway, you don't know me. I use to join her in the shop
You used to? You said you have only been unemployed for about 5 months so why did you stop helping out in the shop? undecided
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by ahnie: 1:15pm On Dec 13, 2023
Most parents are scared of male home lesson tutors.
Stevenbright:
Have you tried home lesson teaching. It could be the way out for you as a mathematics teacher.

She threatening you could mean two things but I don't know which is your reality though:
1. She thinks being of help and soft on you is making you feel relaxed. Hence the need to fire you up.

2. She is beginning to fall for someone else and hence regretting the marriage.
The wife has no choice than to keep bearing with her husband for the time being since the man is not resting on his job hunting.

But if the reverse is the case ,the man would gladly feed the said wife without complaining.

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months Is About To Collapse. by Kobojunkiee: 1:17pm On Dec 13, 2023
ahnie:
Most parents are scared of male home lesson tutors.
The wife has no choice than to keep bearing with her husband for the time being since the man is not resting on his job hunting.
But if the reverse is the case ,the man would gladly feed the said wife without complaining.
Stop generalizing abeg! undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Segu Arinze Is Morenike's Father. :-\ / Ladies And Aso Ebi Saga / A Challenge For Real Men!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.