Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns (5811 Views)

Al-Jazeera Portrays Nigerian Women As Prostitutes: Nigerians On Twitter React / Niger Delta May Erupt In Violence Again, International Group Warns Buhari / Northern Group Warns Against Plot To Undermine Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by fASHiam(m): 9:24am On Nov 11, 2010
This is what happens when ill informed and less enlightened persons are allowed to lead certain groups, all they do is to mis-inform the public with their ignorance. Followers should learn to question their leaders always, a pastor is human and not always right and same for an imam. True knowledge lies in shared thoughts and experiences which aren't spiritual at least Michael Faraday wasn't a pastor or an imam. All i'm trying make clear here is that, been a head doesn't mean you are always right as i believe no religion discriminates any sex when it comes to leadership as it is meant for who is most prepared to lead.

For more information on the new Nokia nokia N8 plus best reviews of other Nokia and Blackberry phones; follow the below link
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by HamidO1(m): 11:02am On Nov 11, 2010
salamsm:

A great number of ignorant people on this post. Always quick to vilify Islam.

When a person who happens to be a Muslim does something or says something silly, you are always quick to blame Islam but when a Christian or pastor does something similar, I don't see anyone blaming the whole of Christianity.

Alot of Nigerians are ignorant are nescient and this has nothing to do with religion.

A typical Nigerian man does not even want to see a lady ahead and leading him or even letting her be a Governor or President. Last time I checked, how many states in the South and East have female Governors?

If you guys are as righteous as you claim to be, why are you not so bothered about such?

I can relate with the green part so well. Ask all those guys shouting if they'll even allow their wife work in a bank, they'll say no not to talk of contesting election especially in Nigeria where things aren't straight. That a woman can't contest doesn't mean she can't be useful to herself or even the country at large, they can always support their husbands with the necessary advice and take care of the home. The main reason you see most politicians having wayward kids is because while the husband is away attending to state issues, the wife is busy with the first lady nonsense
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by Atk1nson(m): 11:48am On Nov 11, 2010
Is anyone aware that Benazir Abuto(she) was once d president of pakistan?
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by Atk1nson(m): 11:49am On Nov 11, 2010
Is anyone aware that Benazir Abuto(she) was once d president of pakistan?
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by namfav(m): 12:26pm On Nov 11, 2010
Me and these people dont worship the same God sha

your a kafir, you have no god
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by namfav(m): 12:36pm On Nov 11, 2010
aloy the silly kafir

these are a list of muslim leaders from all across the world that are females throught history including at the time of the prophet (pbuh)

http://www.guide2womenleaders.com/Muslim_Leaders.htm

islam does not say women cannot lead however, leadership has its forms, he does say that a woman should not abandon her faith to lead and thats what was being said
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by jango77(m): 12:52pm On Nov 11, 2010
yes Bhutto did it because the woman no her right as a woman not as a muslim, but btw what happened to her, they woofed her out and sent her to abysssssss, so my guy u see the kind hear wey dis folks get,, never argue with mallam or ur parents,thats what their allah says,, abi u wan try? grin
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by namfav(m): 1:03pm On Nov 11, 2010
yes Bhutto did it because  the woman no her right as a woman not as a muslim, but btw what happened to her, they woofed her out and sent her to abysssssss, so my guy u see the kind hear wey dis folks get,, never argue with mallam or your parents,thats what their allah says,, abi u wan try?

for your information the blackwater and the cia american terrorist organizations are proven to have played a role in her murder
douchebag
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by jango77(m): 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2010
Wamby i hail u,, anyway im sure u re from mali,,so u think women shouldnt aspire eh? ok now, the thin be say, we dey argue the mallam abi ?whoever made his commemt dey house dey relax,,but we no understand wetin the man mean,,in real sense he means that THERE RE MORE FEMALE SUICIDE BOMBERS THAN MEN, so they re a bit afraid of what a woman is capable of if giving that disastrous chance,,, my broda ppl go die oh grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by jango77(m): 1:31pm On Nov 11, 2010
Usherxs abi na wetin be ur name? here na forum,,,opinion matters, go tell ur imam, that mallam wey talk rubbish say woman no rule naija, go tell am say i Ugo with profile name Jango77, i say em papa!!!! u come here open ur mouth dey talk bulsh.t. if u dont like it here woof urself out,,better go warn ur mallam say if em want talk that rubbish make e gather em family and tell dem,even u sef still dey live in 600BC,,make una go do am for desert,sahara,,see me see trouble oh shocked btw that ur comment na advice abi na warning?
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by mistermm(m): 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2010
attention

Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by Sweetnecta: 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2010
@Reindeer: « #5 on: Yesterday at 07:28:01 PM »
[Quote]Poor women over there.
Their aspirations limited, they will always be second class in such climes.[/Quote]America has not elected a woman president or vice president, yet. What are all these closet male chauvinistic talking about. Islam says the truth, while the hypocritical "others" minds, lie to the rest of the world, about their true position concerning women.

We know that most women because of maternal instinct, are very emotional. This simple but complex natural ingredient in the lives of the female gender is very crucial, while it is by and large absent in male. For illustration purpose only; Candidate was elected as President Elect, the very same day his beloved grandmother died. When he gave his speech, he didnt show a hint of emotion. I am not saying it is a noble trait, but how many women can do exactly that?

I am a man and I will break down in the same situation.
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by bisiaet: 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2010
Well I dont see any logic in asking women to stay out of highest elective post I see it as undermining and supression but as some are claiming that is Allah who said so lets wait a minute do we have 2 Allah or so many Allah? Because it is so strange the way women are nobody in the Islamic world in the name of religion and Allah say this Allah sayS that then why do men sometime use women for suicide bomb so is Allah that says that as well?

Well I wish them goodluck because any attemPt to tell them to wake up and go back and read the quoran well they will be angry and started ranting hell it is very unfortunate. Even in terrorism AND kiling OF innocent they will still say their Allah said so to kill all enermies, in Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan killing themselve everyday and bombing everything they will still say is their Allah that say so, Mutilation and Stone to death sharia madness still they will say is Allah, "Yerimagoat child s u c k e r" still is ok Allah allows it the age does not matter. I still dont know where is that Allah they are refering to BUT IF it's same almighty God(Allah) then they are refering to they miss it and is not true it is a big lie, something is missing because God never do evil and can not create women to be lock in door and treated like a second class human He,God will not do that because He is not a God of error and confusion.

No offense ooo
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by orunmila76(m): 2:52pm On Nov 11, 2010
The most ill plaguing our nations today is religion.
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by chuqudy(m): 3:57pm On Nov 11, 2010
poor and timid black muslims
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by Ayowumie(m): 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2010
The Muslim group must be so stupid. I am ashamed, i initially thought this statement was coming from the North. The cleric must be out of his mind.
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by Guyman02: 5:29pm On Nov 11, 2010
the target is Senator Gbemisola Saraki who wants to take over from her brother as Kwara State Governor
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by sulad82i(m): 5:43pm On Nov 11, 2010
I just dont know what to say. another oppression strategy or what undecided
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by AloyEmeka5: 9:18pm On Nov 11, 2010
Sweetnecta:

@Reindeer: « #5 on: Yesterday at 07:28:01 PM »America has not elected a woman president or vice president, yet. What are all these closet male chauvinistic talking about. Islam says the truth, while the hypocritical "others" minds, lie to the rest of the world, about their true position concerning women.

But America gives the women chance to run for presidency. Why not give Islamic women the same opportunity as fellow citizens. This is a clear case of sexism in islam.
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by SSaemoenl(m): 10:20pm On Nov 11, 2010
I called it DISCRIMINATION on the part of Muslim women! It sucks embarassed
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by anonimi: 8:51am On Nov 12, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by Ibomade1: 9:41am On Nov 12, 2010
This Islamic cleric can say whatever he likes it will not stop Dr Olusola Saraki from nominating his daughter for the next Governor of Kwara state.
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by Ymodulus: 3:36pm On Nov 12, 2010
i sniff illiteracy
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by kamaldino(m): 3:59pm On Nov 12, 2010
let me ask dis simple question " can a woman be the head of a FAMILY ?"
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by adaphik(f): 1:49am On Nov 13, 2010
I can't imagine this,
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by angrynaija: 4:39am On Nov 13, 2010
to those of you ignoramuses talking out of your rear ends, nigeria does not prevent women from contesting elections on any level
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by AbuMaryam1(m): 6:53am On Nov 13, 2010
Some guys here are disgrace to their own religion, i didnt see anything wrong when a xtian say wine is not prohibited. This man is muslim and talking to a muslim community, then what cares you?? you seee your life, this is why extremist are dealing with you putting your long mouth on issues that does not concern you. You better learn how to stay with your neighbours or they turn against you.
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by AloyEmeka5: 11:45am On Nov 13, 2010
Abu-Maryam:

Some guys here are disgrace to their own religion, i didnt see anything wrong when a xtian say wine is not prohibited. This man is muslim and talking to a muslim community, then what cares you?? you seee your life, this is why extremist are dealing with you putting your long mouth on issues that does not concern you. You better learn how to stay with your neighbours or they turn against you.
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by samsany(m): 4:12pm On Nov 13, 2010
people can be very stupid,this is a country where everyone has his/her right to practice whateva religion they want. The man neva mentioned the xtians women he said muslim women, so how does dis affect you. We are not complaining so why not mind ur biz and practice ur religion d way u like. Your religion is urs, our religion is ours so keep off
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by Oliyass(m): 8:17pm On Nov 13, 2010
Free World!!!

"IS THIS NOT A SIMPLE STATEMENT??,

What else do they need? Hmmm, Problem Children
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by terryjohn7: 5:35pm On Nov 15, 2010
God please help this country
Re: 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns by mystikal(m): 9:23am On Nov 16, 2010
Someday Religions will become extinct

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Juror Sacked From Mutallab's Trial / Rights Commission’s Boss Declares Assets Publicly: Gej What About U? / Yemisi Fagbemi Arrested For Parading As A Police Inspector In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.