Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,892 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister (45845 Views)

Twitter Needs Nigeria To Grow - CNN / "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed / Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us ....Ghana Trade Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by adetes: 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2019
Anything that will favour Dangote
Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by DEBJOCH1(m): 4:06pm On Oct 23, 2019
Arijude:
As we are speaking Benin republic has resorted to packing the shops of nigerians here in Benin republic
. Just small sneeze from baba they are shaking, if baba did decide to close the boarder for live, what will now become of them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by Angelfrost(m): 4:11pm On Oct 23, 2019
Bizibi:
it depends on government policies and favourable tax system. To build industrial estates in Nigeria is not the problem at all Infact there are plans to build industrial estates not funded by the government but my fear is the policies to protect businesses.operating in Nigeria can be hell.....

We must compel them to change... Once the people show the necessary zeal and support, the government will fall in line...

This government has shown some level of that commitment, especially in the key area of agriculture.

The road will never be smooth, but at least there is a pathway to industrialization. We can't continue to enrich wiser nations, at the very expense of our local industry and cash cow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by madridsta007(m): 4:11pm On Oct 23, 2019
Day2logic:

Yes. Once upon a time and hopefully the country will go back there. My parents are from Osun state, I’m a Nigerian. It’s the only home I have. It’s only right that I wish her well for my own sake and for the sake of my coming generations.

I’m trying to quote all my mentions but can’t and I don’t know why.

@adenigga you are going to eat the goods of this nation and your generations to come.

@madridsta007 My parents thought me not to fix my schedule looking the next man’s watch. Not all countries will get it right at the same time.

It’s only fair that this country works for all of us.

I do not think you understand the meaning of "great".

If you do then you wil realise that Nigeria was never a great nation. That she has the potential is debatable; that she was, ever in her history? Not the Nigeria that I know. We just like deluding ourselves in the country.

1 Like

Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by inyenejo(m): 4:12pm On Oct 23, 2019
Apcshit propaganda at it again, most corrupt political party in the world.
Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by madridsta007(m): 4:13pm On Oct 23, 2019
adenigga:

From the slogan, the spirit to work things out might begins.

Rome was not built in a day!

Even American & Europeans countries started from somewhere.

I respect your view, but you too as a patriotic Nigerian can pick it up from slogan junction & put life into the struggle.
God bless you!!!

Slogans should end after an election.

That it continues unchallenged and is, to an extent, the mainstay of an adminstrations policy is why Nigeria sits as the World's Capital of Poverty.

1 Like

Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by Studyinchina200(m): 4:13pm On Oct 23, 2019
Ghana will retaliate,how?

The gas you use to power your electricity is being imported from Nigeria on loan.

Your leaders always run to Abuja to lick ass smh

psychologygh:
see these zoo creatures who don't even have light in their zoo celebrating over a fake news from a certain deputy minister. No minister will say that in Ghana.Its the most stupid lie ever heard.Maybe you wanted to make these poverty capital citizens to be happy because they have been crying for decades that Ghana doesn't respect their zoo.Just pray Ghana doesn't retaliates and continue lying to yourself shouting Giant of the zoo,giant of the zoo.Look below and see who needs who you 200 million zoo creatures living in a zoo.Do you even have light.Stupidity at its highest form

2 Likes

Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by DEBJOCH1(m): 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2019
IN THE OTHER NEWS, MAKERS OF ALOMO BITTERS ARE ALREADY CRYING POOL OF TEARS, NOW IT IS THEIR WHOLE COUNTRY, THE FUNNY PART IS THAT THIS BORDER CLOSURE WAS NOT IN ANY WAY TARGETED TO GHANA AS A NATION RATHER TO OUR CLOSE NEIGHBOUR, BENIN, NIGER AND MAYBE CAMERON, AND YET GHANA IS ALREADY FEELING THE HOT HEAT ALREADY.

4 Likes

Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by Bizibi(m): 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2019
Angelfrost:

We must compel them to change... Once the people show the necessary zeal and support, the government will fall in line...

This government has shown some level of that commitment, especially in the key area of agriculture.

The road will never be smooth, but at least there is a pathway to industrialization. We can't continue to enrich wiser nations, at the very expense of our local industry and cash cow.
if you say the government has shown level of commitment when i have personally not seen any serious commitment from them. Abeg i don't want to give myself headache talking about nigeria government.
Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by Area4Area: 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2019
seankafor:
just take a moment of your time. I know those lowlifes ain't worth a penny of our time but for this take just 5 mins of your time and visit that link (ghanaweb or whatever).. go and see the gnashing of teeth happening there over small sneeze wey no even target them..
What if Buhari wakes up one day and decide that its Ghana he wants to face? That means those urchins will run to trump for rescue.

Their leaders who is at the helm of affairs who knows more than them are begging and licking our politicians shoes for mercy and compassion. Yet some lowlifes who are on freebasics thinks that they can throw tantrums on the internet knows better than their government.

I love this happening..its about time everyone knows his place in this life and act accordingly.

Ita bout time that giant of Africa is reignited.

We sure have our internal shortcomings but those stupid tiny local government of countries ain't got nothing on us
You summarized it all, let them continue to gnash their teeth, oga remains oga.
Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by Jollylolly(f): 4:19pm On Oct 23, 2019
my head swell when he say Ghana need 9ja more. And tjose Ghanians go dey do Shakara upanddown

2 Likes

Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by caprini1: 4:19pm On Oct 23, 2019
obinoral1179:
how I wished we could just send all the south Africans company a warning for the xenophobic attack.... Nigeria are the China of Africa but our leaders are the cause of our problem....
Calm down,Baba Bubu...is coming for them.
Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by vaxx: 4:20pm On Oct 23, 2019
Oshigun:

Simply not true if we view economic realities on the ground which is that Nigeria's benevolent attitude and commitment to local trade has seen us lose more than we gain trading with nations like Ghana. You need to show me what Ghana supply us that we will be crippled without and then explain how , as one example, a disruption in the natural gas we supply them would not have an immediately detrimental and costly effect on their economy.

https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/business/Ghana-Gas-owes-Nigeria-160m-642390#

Ghana Gas owes Nigeria $160m

It is obvious news that Ghana now owns oil and gas and has build its own Gas plant ( atuabo gas plant) and it is obvious Ghana demand for Nigeria oil is shrinking and dwindling.

no current news suggest Ghana is still owing Nigeria any cent in 2019....

but if you must measure dick as I think you happy doing it.? now capitalized Nigeria investment in Ghana and tell me the market value and compare it to 160 million. (Glo Ghana recently faulted its cooperate tax) but she was pardon.

And I hope you know this buisness remit tax to Nigeria goverment....

1 Like

Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by Sholaco: 4:22pm On Oct 23, 2019
cheesy wetin concern Buhari with boobi
Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by Midas01: 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2019
Don't mind those two fools. Lmao grin
seankafor:
Wey that just30 and psycho bi'tch..

Come serve me some lunch with your river flowing cries..

The breakfast you served was awesome, now come feed me more of your cries..don't forget that your screenshots from that your low end toy phone..

Come cry to us on how ghana is the safe haven and next thing after jollof rice.. grin
Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by psychologygh: 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2019
Studyinchina200:
Ghana will retaliate,how?

The gas you use to power your electricity is being imported from Nigeria on loan.

Your leaders always run to Abuja to lick ass smh

foolish zoo creature,is the gas for free.You produce 2 million barrels of crude oil daily buh you still import all your petrol whilst you carry billions of dollars to subsidize it.Are you alright at all.Btw Ghana produces our own gas now to power our few plants which depends on gas.We have several our sourced of electricity.
Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by Midas01: 4:24pm On Oct 23, 2019
I don't understand Yoruba but I clicked like. Lmao grin
ORIENTATION101:
Ori eleyi ti gbale
Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by ayanbaba2(m): 4:24pm On Oct 23, 2019
Johans1991:
Toyota foolishly decided to site their production plant in Ghana knowingly well that Nigeria is their highest patronizer in d whole Africa. With this development we shall see where d offload those cars they will produce in Ghana.
God bless pmb
God bless Nigeria

sense will not kee you!

One step at a time!
God bless PMB and anyone who brought up this closure of our "Land Fences"

1 Like

Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 23, 2019
Jollylolly:
my head swell when he say Ghana need 9ja more. And tjose Ghanians go dey do Shakara upanddown

They can only shakara uninformed Nigerians. Just tell me which Africans can achieve what is shown below. Even those disgusting Xenophopes in South Africa ever pulled off anything near the record Naija boys and girls scatter Howard with below? This is why I warn self-hating Nigerians not to let envious and jealous Africans highlight the negative alone about us. It is up to us to show the world we contribute far more positively to the world than we get credit for.

https://urbanintellectuals.com/black-girl-magic-43-nigerian-graduates-break-records-howard-university/

Black Girl Magic: 43 Nigerian Graduates Break Records at Howard University

Howard graduates had a lot to be proud of at their graduation ceremony. However, the emphasis was not on the 96 graduating medical students, all focus was on an exemplary list of 46 Nigerian graduates. Out of the 96 candidates, 46 were Nigerian and out of the 27 awards given, 16 awards were given to Nigerian graduates. This is such a proud and empowering moment for these students. Never before at Howard University or any University in the United States has this happened. These Nigerian student completely dominated the ceremony and made history.

President Obama, the commencement speaker, talked about race and encouraged all the graduates to proud of their blackness and to always love and embrace who they are. It is important for us as people of color to continue to break through the glass ceiling. President Obama’s experience in office showed that racism is real and prevalent but we can still achieve greatness as long we believe in ourselves and never give up.

1 Like

Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by RTSC: 4:26pm On Oct 23, 2019
psychologygh:
foolish zoo creature,is the gas for free.You produce 2 million barrels of crude oil daily buh you still import all your petrol whilst you carry billions of dollars to subsidize it.Are you alright at all.Btw Ghana produces our own gas now to power our few plants which depends on gas.We have several our sourced of electricity.
Dangote is currently building the biggest refinery in the world.

Go and play with your mates.

Ungrateful thing.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by Area4Area: 4:28pm On Oct 23, 2019
vaxx:
Simple logics says both nation needs each other. they have exchange commodity between each other for the past fifty years... Nigerians has a market of 200 million , Ghana on the hand has 30 million . something tells here , if the later must become fully industrialized, then she must have the former in minds because of the market....

Ghana too on the hand is preferable to Nigeria second ties city like ibadan or kano( Nigeria investors are willing to invest in Accra( A CITY less than four million) moderate market than having a chain of shops in kano or ibadan. and this 18 to 5 million respectively

Ghanaian leaders are known to talk diplomatically but actions is on the pipeline.
That action is what we want already and not online ranting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by seankafor(m): 4:29pm On Oct 23, 2019
GoldHorse:

Omo! Your head dey there jo!

Oya take two cold calabash of Fura da Nunu take cool body!
what us fura da nunu grin

Whatever it is..give me am for money cheesy
Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by RTSC: 4:30pm On Oct 23, 2019
TheDestroyer:
I swear, when we have covenant university and Co. You see say we no just get sense for this country. It's understandable if you go America go school instead.
It is just madness.
Even if you want to spend money and also escape public schools and its wahala, at least go to covenant university.

You would get some level of value for your money better than any Ghanian university.

That is why I believe the Nigerians going there just like in Benin republic and togo are not going for value.

They just want easy admission and the shitty schools charge them heavily.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by vaxx: 4:31pm On Oct 23, 2019
Area4Area:
That action is what we want already and not online ranting
Ghana leaders aren't short sighted .
Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by psychologygh: 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2019
RTSC:

Dangote is currently building the biggest refinery in the world.

Go and play with your mates.

Ungrateful thing.
40 years of oil production, you're now telling me a private business man whose total worth is less than 10 billion dollars will now save Nigeria upon the hundreds of billions of dollars of oil money your stupid politicians have squandered. Do you think he's father Christmas.He will rather make your nation the most expensive to live in just us he monopolies your cement industry. Do you people think at all.He has bought all your politician and besides that refinery he's claiming to build can't even supply 20% of your petrol demands.
Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by Caseless: 4:35pm On Oct 23, 2019
seankafor:
just take a moment of your time. I know those lowlifes ain't worth a penny of our time but for this take just 5 mins of your time and visit that link (ghanaweb or whatever).. go and see the gnashing of teeth happening there over small sneeze wey no even target them..
What if Buhari wakes up one day and decide that its Ghana he wants to face? That means those urchins will run to trump for rescue.

Their leaders who is at the helm of affairs who knows more than them are begging and licking our politicians shoes for mercy and compassion. Yet some lowlifes who are on freebasics thinks that they can throw tantrums on the internet knows better than their government.

I love this happening..its about time everyone knows his place in this life and act accordingly.

Ita bout time that giant of Africa is reignited.

We sure have our internal shortcomings but those stupid tiny local government of countries ain't got nothing on us
grin your last line though.
Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2019
DarkJeddi:
Are you saying that the Minister na fake Minister? shocked
leave him to console himself ejor. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by RTSC: 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2019
psychologygh:
40 years of oil production, you're now telling me a private business man whose total worth is less than 10 billion dollars will now save Nigeria upon the hundreds of billions of dollars of oil money your stupid politicians have squandered. Do you think he's father Christmas.He will rather make your nation the most expensive to live in just us he monopolies your cement industry. Do you people think at all.He has bought all your politician and besides that refinery he's claiming to build can't even supply 20% of your petrol demands.
You are just an empty vessels.
In all these you wrote, you still did not tell us why Nigeria accounts for the vast majority of your foreign investments and 85% of the regional economy.?
What exactly has Ghana given to Nigeria?

Is there anything that says Ghana cannot be bigger than Nigeria.?

If you cannot compete with Nigeria at its lowest ebb, then shut up because the game is beyond you and your shitty country.

Your politicians are begging for mercy so that you would not beg for bread and you are here constituting nuisance.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2019
psychologygh:

Shut up my friend. We extend you unlimited line of credit and you are always defaulting. Yet all you know to do is badmouth Nigeria and wage war of attrition against our people domiciled in Ghana. Nigeria is moving forward even if haters like you only want to focus on the negatives. When the Dangote refinery in Lekki, Lagos, is operational in 2020-2021 you guys will even be more enslaved to us as you will have to buy PMS (premium motor spirit) and other refined derivatives of crude oil from Nigeria via one the largest refinery in the world constructed and delivered by a Nigerian. Try not to choke on your Banku or Kenke. We ain't all about 419 as you simpleton think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dangote_Refinery

The Dangote Refinery is an oil refinery owned by the Dangote Group that is under construction in Lekki, Nigeria. When complete, it will have a capacity to process about 650,000 barrels per day of crude oil.

The refinery is situated on a 6,180 acres (2,500 hectares) site at the Lekki Free Zone, Lekki, Lagos State. It will process about 650,000 barrels of crude oil daily, transported via pipelines from oil fields in the Niger Delta, where natural gas will also be sourced to supply the fertilizer factory and be used in electrical generation for the refinery complex.[5][4] The project is expected to cost up to $15 billion in total, with $10 billion invested in the refinery, $2.5 billion in the fertilizer factory, and $2.5 billion in pipeline infrastructure.[4]

With a single crude oil distillation unit, the refinery will be the largest single-train refinery in the world.[3] At full production, the facility will be able to produce 50,000,000 litres (13,000,000 US gal) of gasoline and 17,000,000 litres (4,500,000 US gal) of diesel daily, as well as aviation fuel and plastic products.[4] With a greater capacity than the total output of Nigeria's existing refining infrastructure, the Dangote Refinery will be able to meet the country's entire domestic fuel demand, as well as export refined products.[5]

3 Likes

Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by gidjah(m): 4:40pm On Oct 23, 2019
seankafor:
Wey that just30 and psycho bi'tch..

Come serve me some lunch with your river flowing cries..

The breakfast you served was awesome, now come feed me more of your cries..don't forget that your screenshots from that your low end toy phone..

Come cry to us on how ghana is the safe haven and next thing after jollof rice.. grin
wanted asking same questions o, were is psycho of YOLO and the other psychological mentality just30!!??
Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 23, 2019
You dont see the irony of things
They really need us more than we need them
The countries we are supplying light to has more stable light than us
They really know how to manage the resources we give them than we that own it
Nigeria which way?
Re: Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister by Area4Area: 4:42pm On Oct 23, 2019
psychologygh:
Have you paid up on the one you were owing Nigeria before, if yes send us a link that Ghana is debt free in relation to trade with Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Terrorists Attack Damboa, Raze Down General Hospital, Other Buildings (video) / Photos: Nairabet CEO, Akin Alabi Pulled Massive Crowd For His Campaign Today. / Bola Tinubu Hosts Danny Glover At His Residence (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.