Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others (50986 Views)

Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure / President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure / Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Evachizy: 11:37am On Oct 24, 2019
Buy your local best quality stone free rice from Omor in Ayamelum LGA Anambra state. For more information call 08064482378.
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by loswhite(m): 12:11pm On Oct 24, 2019
Afamed:

Are you one of the the smugglers?
Are you one of the investors?
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by larryking540: 3:47pm On Oct 24, 2019
Hangulsaram:

Please sir don’t misunderstand me, my question is centered on the “higher price”
Both the foreign and local rice are costly considering the minimum wage, Yes but my concern is making it available and well processed.
Ok I must have misunderstood u...
actually that's where our problems are right now

we don't produce anything yet u shut down the border, car production is 0
for innoson, how many average Nigerian can afford his car?
while for d rice, it is nothing to write about,... Na poverty just day make people day shout say local rice sweet
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by djon78(m): 3:58pm On Oct 24, 2019
grandstar:

We lack comparative advantage in rice production.

it's like telling a very fat man to engage in Sprint competition. He can partake but he'll never win.

But use him in shot put and you have a winner.

You're better off importing the things you lack comparative advantage in.

The guy was complaining of high import duty. So actually they import but government charges high import duty to discourage import and encourage local production.

Talking about comparative advantage but we have local producers, how will they be protected. So they should go out of business. All over the world, wise government protect local industries because there success means employment availability and better taxes. So government is very right.

The government has been right in putting high import duty on these imported goods,

These are part of ways that we get to diversify our economy. You build comparative advantage. It doesn't come overnight or just drop from the skies, you work for it, toil for it, sweat for it, to get there so government is right.
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2019
pek:
It is not rocket science. Nigeria is a big market cause of her population.

Since Abacha death, the world have tried to pretend that Nigeria is not the regional superpower that we are.

Obama visited many far less powerful African countries and even Ghana that is virtually next door and failed to visit Nigeria.

G7 or G20 and Chinese lead global initiatives are more likely to invite Egypt or SA than Nigeria.

AU shared leadership roles in 2017 and gave Nigeria no significant appointment.

Nigeria has been like a sleeping giant all these years after Abacha (who played our role as regional power in those days when he was intervening in Sierria Leone and Liberia wars ) was poisoned.

The sleeping giant stirs in his sleep and the whole world is taking notice!

Make no mistake about it, our regional superpower status is the real reason the evil white devil globalist are trying to pretend we are insignificant whilst secretly planning to break us up into smaller weaker nations by using groups like Boko Haram and IPOB.

I love what is happening right now!
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by desmond2pk: 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2019
Nigeria, a witch craft country. Witches don't care about the effect of their witch craft on themselves. What gives them joy is what they do to others.
Nigeria don't care that effect the border closure has on them but the effect it has on benin, Ghana, India etc.
You see how stupid we are?
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by kotv: 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Pls. give one example of market larger than Nigeria that Thailand cater for.
Just one example backed with fact

China for one.

This is the list of countries they export to and in what percentage according to them. I suggest take a look at Nigeria’s percentage in both quantity and value and compare that to Congo, Kenya, China or even Philippines.
http://www.thairiceexporters.or.th/export%20by%20country%202019.html

Not everyone is so gullible to believe the rubbish this presidency informs the media to report to deceive the masses.
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by kotv: 5:36pm On Oct 24, 2019
googi:
Sir, your thinking does not meet any economic model even in Nigeria where supply and demand fail.

Any Country would feel the loss of about 200 million people even if only half of them eat rice.

What is the population of France, England, Germany or the Switzerland compared to Nigerians demand for rice.

Do you remember people's drink (champagne) demand in Nigeria?

This makes no sense. I did not mention European countries but African and Asian since rice is a steady food source in both Continent. According to Thai government, Nigeria contributes about 17.7% in quantity to their rice exportation for the past 3 years. This year, 2019, they exported 5,338 rice in total to Nigeria compared to Kenya which they exported 105,268 rice or China which they exported 276,238 or South Africa which they exported 456,589, etc. Nigeria is not one of their biggest market. We may be biggest market to one of their biggest market (Benin) but, the closure is still too short to have a double effect. As the article is trying to say, our closure is impacting their market directly. We are insignificant in their market to have that effect.
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Ishilove: 8:18pm On Oct 24, 2019
voltron14:

You know, if you cultivated rice, you could also be making that 18k multiplied by a factor you are capable of generating.
What factor?
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Ishilove: 8:20pm On Oct 24, 2019
naptu2:

https://www.nairaland.com/5489604/rice-sellers-re-bagging-local-rice
How utterly disgraceful. Nigerians have criminality encoded in their DNA
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 24, 2019
So the number of people that want bubu out is going international.

No more easy money.
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by tony1918(m): 10:54pm On Oct 26, 2019
Afamed:

Go to Kebbi, Kano and the recent one Coshcaris rice in Anambra. FG has been giving loans at very reasonable % to various farmers in Nigeria.
Why can’t this be done before the border was closed..Why must it be medicine after death..if there was enough supply or at least 50% supply before closure the famine will not be this much..
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Afamed: 11:16pm On Oct 26, 2019
tony1918:
Why can’t this be done before the border was closed..Why must it be medicine after death..if there was enough supply or at least 50% supply before closure the famine will not be this much..
Are you just hearing of lake rice?Lagos/ Kebbi or you are just hearing of Coshcaris rice for the first time?
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by nakaman: 1:52pm On Oct 27, 2019
sammyj:
grin grin grin To me this is one of the good policy this government has ever implemented!!! grin grin
what policy kills people
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by tony1918(m): 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2019
Afamed:

Are you just hearing of lake rice?Lagos/ Kebbi or you are just hearing of Coshcaris rice for the first time?
lake rice was never the project of the FG and this was a sole project of 2 states Lagos and Kebbi..Coscharis rice has not even started functioning effectively
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Afamed: 2:09pm On Oct 28, 2019
tony1918:
lake rice was never the project of the FG and this was a sole project of 2 states Lagos and Kebbi..Coscharis rice has not even started functioning effectively
I hope this has cleared your doubt. You can't deny the federal government support from lake rice

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by BlackfireX: 4:04pm On Oct 28, 2019
udoekere:
i love you buhari,infact if you were still young i wouldn't mind giving you ma daughter to marry.you are the best president in the history of Nigeria,i pray that your heart may be harden like that of pharaoh.AMEN

Are you normal??
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Kossym(m): 4:45pm On Oct 28, 2019
DEBJOCH1:
. LOL, THIS ONE IS SERIOUSLY PAINED, HOW I JUST WISH BUHARI WILL JUST GO AND THROW THE BORDER KEY INSIDE THE LAGOON TILL PEOPLE LIKE YOU LEARN HOW TO APPRECIATE LOCAL CONTENT.
sickness will soon kill u
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Kossym(m): 4:47pm On Oct 28, 2019
GreenArrow1:

Lol. Cheap shots. Don't just be dumber than your smartphone. Use it to get information which obviously you desperately lack. Now run along son.
k I want to know the research institute u work for... I want to personally close it down...
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by deuces77(m): 10:33pm On Nov 13, 2019
mjaylala:
#borderclosure it's the best policy Buhari regime has made so far..... Nigeria can't be a dumping ground for all. Na south Africa I dy wait for to start complain that one go sweet me diegrin

I swear downgrin
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Northernblood8(m): 10:43pm On Jul 20, 2022
okeyumez:
Big countries adopted this measure before they became strong Nations
Let us make sacrifices now and build our nation and stop lamenting
Buhari is right this time
Let the idiotic, hypocritical Igbos keep lamenting
Nigeria must get better

How body. I hope that we are now sufficient in rice production and that Rice is now Cheap. Infact, i heard that Thailand has collapsed because Nigerians no longer buy foreign rice

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bolu Okupe, Doyin Okupe's Hot Son, A Manchester Based Student / Funny Reactions As Nigerians React To Tinubu's Prayers In Jos / Adebayo Shittu: Some Of Tinubu’s Female Ministers Dress Like Beauty Contestants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.