Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others (50947 Views)

Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure / President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure / Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by ennygr8: 6:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
nakaman:
so this country is this powerful
Powerful in consuming
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by GreenArrow1(m): 7:08pm On Oct 23, 2019
Kossym:

Another Fulani he goat sighted ... Mayb u don't know how finish ua .... Now let me tell u... Ua d toddler here.... Goan ask the woman ua calling mum ( das if she is still alive) who ur daddy is

Lol. Cheap shots. Don't just be dumber than your smartphone. Use it to get information which obviously you desperately lack. Now run along son.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Japhet31: 7:15pm On Oct 23, 2019
Afamed:

it only hits hard on the smugglers in Nigeria. Genuine investors are smiling to the banks

True that. Except.. becoming a legit importer is not that easy
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Basher8583: 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2019
tony1918:
A bag of imported Rice sells for 15k and local rice sells for 12k before the border closure ..After the closure the local rice the poor masses are meant to buy sell for as high 18k and the imported now sales for 25k..Please what is the gain of the Poor Masses in the border closure

My friend go and find something else to eat. Lazy man. Must you always eat rice?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 23, 2019
Naija is indid a giant

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Powersurge: 7:26pm On Oct 23, 2019
okeyumez:
Big countries adopted this measure before they became strong Nations
Let us make sacrifices now and build our nation and stop lamenting
Buhari is right this time
Let the idiotic, hypocritical Igbos keep lamenting
Nigeria must get better

I wouldn't have quote you. But I remember vividly. that about 2-3 different governments have used similar sentence. The next government will still say the same shit.
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Logobenz0: 7:26pm On Oct 23, 2019
Naija my country grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Prosperousman(m): 7:29pm On Oct 23, 2019
odave:

Abeg what's so difficult for Nigeria farmers to get a better seed from wherever they can, plant here, parboil and give us good rice? Everything na rocket science for naija.

Imagine using local rice to make fried rice, lol

In Nigeria the cost of producing rice is expensive because we depend on physical labour rather than tractors. it would take 1 tractor to harvest rice in an acre of land within 1 hour 30 minutes, while it would take about 15 labourers to do same thing.
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Alawode01(m): 7:42pm On Oct 23, 2019
So they wouldn't have comparative advantage over nigeria,when encourage local production.
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by mrjojo: 7:45pm On Oct 23, 2019
one1prax:
we are global oooooo

promo! get your own website for 13k, contact - see red writing below[my signature]
No thanks to WordPress now, the proliferation of "website designer" all over the place, All of you guys keep spamming all front-page thread, oga, anybody with half a brain can design a website these days, with WordPress and other cms, i will advive you upgrade, learn nodejs, angular, vue, d3.js cos very very soon, website design rate will be going for as low as 2k. Be wise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by duwdu: 7:57pm On Oct 23, 2019
odave:

Abeg [b]what's so difficult for Nigeria farmers [/b]to get a better seed from wherever they can, plant here, parboil and give us good rice? Everything na rocket science for naija.

See blame ooo... And what's so difficult for you too that you can't grow your own rice the way you want it, or afford to buy at the price the market offers you?

P34c3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by greypencils: 8:31pm On Oct 23, 2019
odave:

No one is disputing that fact. What I mean is the Nigerian comsumers. The government did the right but it's hitting hard on us consumers too. No need to pretend here. I will miss those rice
THAT IS EXACT THING WE NEED TO GROW THIS COUNTRY. RICE IS AN IMPORTANT FOOD IN NIGERIAN'S DIET. THIS MEANS THERE IS A HUGE MARKET. LET US GO BACK TO THE FARMS TO PRODUCE RICE, WE WILL ALL MAKE MONEY LIKE ITS FROM CRUDE OIL
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Kingjames(m): 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
udoekere:
i love you buhari,infact if you were still young i wouldn't mind giving you ma daughter to marry.you are the best president in the history of Nigeria,i pray that your heart may be harden like that of pharaoh.AMEN
guy I wont say any amen to that prayer

Let him open for one week
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Insectkiller: 9:08pm On Oct 23, 2019
This move is a good one...

All those yeye countries are milking us dry and to make it worse, dey don't regard us..

I enjoin all Nigerian to cooperate with this policy..
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 23, 2019
Ade24682:
Even God knows the local farmer won't meet demands.

How did you know that?
Do you know that Local product is being rebagged as foreign?
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:36pm On Oct 23, 2019
Kossym:
Soon we will hear killer rice on rampage... One aboki will use otapiapia to preserve rice.... Abeg open border jor...
People say they re snuggling rice.... Wot is smuggle.. did the govt ban importation of rice ? So why call people doin der business smugglers? Well m here.... Dis tasteless short grain rice Nigerian is selling ... We shall see.. d rice sef lack nutrient .... The other day na color pink grain of rice I see inside the one derica of rice I buy
. LOL, THIS ONE IS SERIOUSLY PAINED, HOW I JUST WISH BUHARI WILL JUST GO AND THROW THE BORDER KEY INSIDE THE LAGOON TILL PEOPLE LIKE LEARN HOW TO APPRECIATE LOCAL CONTENT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:36pm On Oct 23, 2019
Kossym:
Soon we will hear killer rice on rampage... One aboki will use otapiapia to preserve rice.... Abeg open border jor...
People say they re snuggling rice.... Wot is smuggle.. did the govt ban importation of rice ? So why call people doin der business smugglers? Well m here.... Dis tasteless short grain rice Nigerian is selling ... We shall see.. d rice sef lack nutrient .... The other day na color pink grain of rice I see inside the one derica of rice I buy
. LOL, THIS ONE IS SERIOUSLY PAINED, HOW I JUST WISH BUHARI WILL JUST GO AND THROW THE BORDER KEY INSIDE THE LAGOON TILL PEOPLE LIKE YOU LEARN HOW TO APPRECIATE LOCAL CONTENT.
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by mercyviv(f): 9:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
So, the likes of Thailand and India have been living off our hospitality all these while. Its so serious!!
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by ofeco: 9:58pm On Oct 23, 2019
udoekere:
i love you buhari,infact if you were still young i wouldn't mind giving you ma daughter to marry.you are the best president in the history of Nigeria,i pray that your heart may be harden like that of pharaoh.AMEN
Closing border alone is not enough to be praised, what is our government Federal and states are putting in place to ensure bumper harvest in order to meet local demand,If nothing drastic is done we will end up buying rice at #100000 per bag.
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by loswhite(m): 9:59pm On Oct 23, 2019
Afamed:

it only hits hard on the smugglers in Nigeria. Genuine investors are smiling to the banks
it is always about the investors...smh. what about the citizens?
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by loswhite(m): 10:00pm On Oct 23, 2019
odave:

Abeg what's so difficult for Nigeria farmers to get a better seed from wherever they can, plant here, parboil and give us good rice? Everything na rocket science for naija.

they are just greedy fools....
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by loswhite(m): 10:03pm On Oct 23, 2019
tony1918:
A bag of imported Rice sells for 15k and local rice sells for 12k before the border closure ..After the closure the local rice the poor masses are meant to buy sell for as high 18k and the imported now sales for 25k..Please what is the gain of the Poor Masses in the border closure
the gain is for buhari to enrich the investor they gave free loans to invest in rice farm...
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by loswhite(m): 10:06pm On Oct 23, 2019
isthatso:

try and be patriotic for once, America is a great country because the average American will always choose the American product over imported even when the foreign one is better. Must you eat rice?
keep lying to yourself
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by loswhite(m): 10:10pm On Oct 23, 2019
Charmingrascal:
Poverty capital of the World closed her border and the so called rich Countries are crying.

Las las Naija na Bros to many Nations
lol...the country can never grow with so much dullards
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by voltron14: 10:28pm On Oct 23, 2019
Ishilove:

By buying local rice at 18,000?

You know, if you cultivated rice, you could also be making that 18k multiplied by a factor you are capable of generating.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by TSpayne: 10:33pm On Oct 23, 2019
nakaman:
so this country is this powerful

We are powerful.

Very powerful CONSUMERS of goods from other countries.
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Multiplier7(m): 10:42pm On Oct 23, 2019
All this people shouting Buhari should not open border..I laugh in Swahili

Open which border with which key.
The key wey him don loss since.
You guys don't know Buhari very well o
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Aquarapha: 10:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
Den we shud turn to other food, y must it b only rice we shud b eating in dz country?, there are other food we produce z better we adapt to other food dn depending on rice or rather govt shud help and see dt the machines use fr rice process are available so we can produce it enough n meet our demands
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by backbone503(m): 11:06pm On Oct 23, 2019
tony1918:

More investors will invest in planting and processing of rice. This translates to millions of direct and indirect jobs, better quality of rice, improved economy, rise in GDP. The benefits are quite enormous, but in the interim, it could be alitle challenging.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by colestephan86: 11:09pm On Oct 23, 2019
wwwihy:
Nigeria’s border closure is hitting hard on India, Thailand others

The rice exporting countries are heavily reliant on the Nigerian market

Reports say the wholesale price of top exporting countries fell on product glut resulting from a decline in exports

A report by Business Day indicates that the closure of Nigeria’s land borders aimed at curbing smuggling activities, especially of rice, has taken a toll on rice-exporting countries. According to the report, the price of the commodity dipped by a joint 46 percent in one month in countries like Thailand and India. President Muhammadu Buhari had on Wednesday, August 21, ordered the closure of the Seme border.

Between that period and September, the wholesale price of the broken parboiled rice, the species in top exporting countries fell on product glut resulting from a decline in exports. In India, the wholesale price dropped from $0.64/kg in August to $0.40/kg as at 30 September of this year. In Thailand, the price of the commodity declined by 9.2 percent in the review period. Data from both Thailand and India, which previously accounted for up to 90 percent of Nigeria’s rice imports, show legal imports to the country have declined at the same time. Meanwhile, there are fears that Nigerians may buy a 50kg bag of rice for as high as N50,000 in December 2019 if the land borders remain shut by the federal government. Already, the price of rice by 86% to an all-time high of N27,000 per 50kg from N14,500, an indication that local rice farmers do not currently have the capacity to meet local demand in the country.

Read more: https://www.legit.ng/1263787-nigerias-border-closure-hits-hard-india-thailand-others.html
If only the momentum can continue like this, Nigerian business men have the capacity to setup a standard rice mill , that will process our local rice to standard. The govt should just keep that gate closed
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by backbone503(m): 11:15pm On Oct 23, 2019
The importation of all goods that are/can be locally produced should be strictly regulated. When we import, we weaken our Naira, export jobs, increase food insecurity, create room for corruption, increase crime and poverty, the list is just endless.

They are putting their country first. Lets do same.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bolu Okupe, Doyin Okupe's Hot Son, A Manchester Based Student / Buhari’s Daughters Join Tinubu-Shettima Women Campaign In Katsina (Photo) / Arumodum Julius Akoi, INEC Ad-Hoc Staff Shot Dead By Thugs In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.