Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Football Rules When We Were Kids - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Football Rules When We Were Kids (19081 Views)

Rules Of Football When We Were Kids / Coronavirus: FIFA To Introduce New Rules When Football Returns / FIFA Approves New Football Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by OlawaleBammie: 11:12am On Oct 25, 2019
Angelfrost:

Oranges were the game jor... We kicked the hell out of those citrus fruits!!! grin

U get am, til d round shaped fruit cum grin grin

u sounds like fasuyi dayo, dude was very adicted to it,
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by theenchanter: 11:12am On Oct 25, 2019
Tuns20:

18 makes me remember Iya Hassan...her husband con be bricklayer...na Trowel she dey use burst our ball that year.. Funny enough her son hassan dey follow us they play..she no send...wicked woman...Childhood memories..
na that one dey pain u? U won know how many pot of soup we don trowey with ball?

2 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Nickshrapnel: 11:14am On Oct 25, 2019
If the match goes on without any goal and there is another team waiting to play, the first team to play the ball out of field lose. grin

2 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by mkoabiola: 11:14am On Oct 25, 2019
D stubborn guy will alwys firm another set with his team

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 25, 2019
HajiMT:
Gone are the days! Kids of nowadays hardly play football. Street football is dying in Nigeria due to the following reasons:

(1) No playing fields in most private schools.
(2) Neighbourhoods are largely built up these days
(3) No vacant plots to play football anymore as we used to have it .
(4) More houses are now gated forestalling access to them
(5) Roads are busier these days, you dare not play on them
(6) Very dangerous society (vices like Kidnapping)
(7) Impact of television and technology in our daily lives (children stay glued to TV watching Cartoons, European Leagues etc)

it is dying because nigerians do not care about children
they will rather convert football fields to car sales lot, event center, or market

i live in festac and i see this all the time
very vexing

3 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by OlawaleBammie: 11:15am On Oct 25, 2019
theenchanter:
omo, na street football sure pass but i no go those schools.

Sure, las las we go nack our leg againt stones and e go swell up come carry d wound go ous, we go stil chop kain join d injury grin ahh Waleeeee

3 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by MYGRATEskillz(m): 11:15am On Oct 25, 2019
theenchanter:
Na to play ball inside rain dey sweet pass, esp on slippery ground, where dribbler and d dribbled dey slip.

Does anybody remember OGIRIGBAMILA? grin where u pass d ball to d wall and retrieve it behind ur marker. grin

Thought I invented that move o

4 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by mayorchimex(m): 11:17am On Oct 25, 2019
Lolz. Only u na full street! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by DonBenny77(m): 11:17am On Oct 25, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Ahh...
Well, our diction no reach dat level den, overstone was relatively a big grammar to us grin
Overstone is when the ball runs directly over the stone post and it can't be easily told if it's a goal or not, then we seek a neutral opinion grin

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by OlawaleBammie: 11:18am On Oct 25, 2019
HoldenCaulfield:
Oh those times grin
I remember when I accidentally scored an own goal, they mock me like hell, and even nicknamed me a name I still feel ashamed of
embarassed

lol, tell us d name na
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by OlawaleBammie: 11:20am On Oct 25, 2019
theenchanter:
Na to play ball inside rain dey sweet pass, esp on slippery ground, where dribbler and d dribbled dey slip.

Does anybody remember OGIRIGBAMILA? grin where u pass d ball to d wall and retrieve it behind ur marker. grin

Soo OGIRIGBAMILA is universal?? nawa oo

Its like general formula in mth, u can use it to dribble van dyk, gatuso, maldini, ramos, terry, cambiaso, zanetti even messi and ronaldo grin

7 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by kleverley(m): 11:22am On Oct 25, 2019
.The owner of the ball choses who plays. .the owner of the ball decides when the game ends by taking his ball home.
.the owner of the ball gains respect 4rm his closee elderz jst becoz they want 2 play on some occasions. .
the fat person is always the goal keeper.
if the ball passes over the goal post nd the owner of the ball says its a goal, ,the decision stands else #_ball dismiss
. .most annoying moment 2 the ball owner-someone beats him nd takes his ball by force
.most annoying moment-when ur team loses the game if anybody cross ur lane #_dead man alive
.most astonishing moment-when u dribble many people and score a goal #_king of soccer. .
most painful moment-the ball enters smelling mud nd someone happens 2 play it directly 2 ur face without cleaning it #_i no go gree dae tear shirt.
.most aggressive moment-u played under the rain, , the ball gets sandy all over and someone stamp it to ur back when u're without ur shirt #_laugh nd die;->
worst moment when ur jnr dribbles u nd plays the ball in between ur legs people start laughing including ur teammates, ,let the child laugh nd he smells his ass.
.buh in some localities the slogan goes_when the ball gets to the field,it is everyone's own. .that moment u are like #_OH HAD I KNOWN. ��
Rules governing the game-no shot. .burst nd pay, ,seize nd pay. .
The owner of the ball becomes king. .u start playing like #_Dimitr Berbatov. .i

4 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by OlawaleBammie: 11:22am On Oct 25, 2019
DonBenny77:

Overstone is when the ball runs directly over the stone post and it can't be easily told if it's a goal or not, then we seek a neutral opinion grin

I knw na, am only sayin we didnt understand dat seemingly ambiguos english den grin

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by theenchanter: 11:23am On Oct 25, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Sure, las las we go nack our leg againt stones and e go swell up come carry d wound go ous, we go stil chop kain join d injury grin ahh Waleeeee
if u no dey get injury, esp "ra boot" injury (foreskin of ur big toe get peeled )... u no be player abeg. grin

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by OlawaleBammie: 11:27am On Oct 25, 2019
theenchanter:
if u no dey get injury, esp "ra boot" injury (foreskin of ur big toe get peeled )... u no be player abeg. grin

Lol, i swear i misssd dos days, notin like depression, no worries about tomorow, our only worrywas how to get another felele to replace d aging one

3 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Bhami(m): 11:28am On Oct 25, 2019
How about TORO beating
theenchanter:

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by kleverley(m): 11:30am On Oct 25, 2019
Comedian2019:
We used to play low quality ball.
In Lagos, we call it Felele. When we play shot, the direction of the ball was determined by the direction of wind.
In my area we called it ''flying carpet''
lol

4 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by kleverley(m): 11:34am On Oct 25, 2019
Emily22:
Also when we av less than 6 players, we automatically switch to FOUR POST.

If u no play four post, aswear u never play anything...that game will reveal your true friend .

The player that target your post the most is your enemy grin grin grin.........

Four man post
legendary game,every man on his own

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by tewoayo(m): 11:39am On Oct 25, 2019
Good old memories lane. How I wished to be like a child again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by stepriho(m): 11:42am On Oct 25, 2019
[quote author=ss1930 post=83447121]You got these right... Wow.... Just like yesterday. I atill love my childhood da

Any back throw na foul play
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by wasi9ice: 11:44am On Oct 25, 2019
If you pick quarrel with the owner of the ball,,

Forget foothball that season until you make up

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 25, 2019
Bhami:
How about TORO beating
ahhhhhhhhhh....
I chop beating tire because of toro beating

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by 4gunners(m): 11:47am On Oct 25, 2019
[quote author=OlawaleBammie post=83448164]

Lol, i swear i misssd dos days, notin like depression, no worries about tomorow, our only worrywas how to get another felele to replace d aging one

[/quote

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by OlawaleBammie: 11:57am On Oct 25, 2019
jodoh:
grin I remember when we had to do a manual job as a group to buy "health" ball. We immediately ran to the field to play, only for our leader to shoot it against a bamboo with a sharp edge...

And una no stone the leader
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by trazzy(m): 11:58am On Oct 25, 2019
Brav you forgot how we count the post back then ���

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Sheggun1: 12:06pm On Oct 25, 2019
monkey post tinz.......
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by LordAzubuike(f): 12:09pm On Oct 25, 2019
theenchanter:

Omo that ogirigbamila was the sweetest skills back then ... I Sabi do am die..

Remember sangalo , snakebite etc

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by indoorlove(m): 12:14pm On Oct 25, 2019
Because of the deflection of Felele toward the wind... We usually perboil the ball and give it to vulcanizer to inflate it with their pumping machine....

9 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by joepepsy(m): 12:16pm On Oct 25, 2019
Marlians will not understand.
zidek:
Gone are the days.. When boys were boys
I no fit laugh

Rules of football when we were kids

1. The fat kid was always the goalkeeper
2.The owner of the ball decides who plays
3. If you didn't participate in repairing the ball you were given a match ban
4. The guy who's never picked was to fetch the ball from the trees or bush when it got stuck, under the car or tunnel to play in the next game
5. When the owner of the ball got annoyed, game over
6. When you hit your toes against a stone and you notice blood, you quickly cover the area of injury with sand as a form of first aid and play continues
7. You can't dribble the owner too much, this may lead him to stop the game by taking away his ball.
8. No matter how many goals you scored, the winner would be determined by the last team to score
9.No offsides.
10.There is no referee.
11.There is fault only if the fault is serious .
12.The 2 best players can not play in the same team so everyone chooses their players.
13.If you are chosen last it is a humiliation and you will remain in defense.
14.If there is a penalty the goalkeeper is replaced by the best player of the team.
15.The best player on the field is always in the same team as the owner of the ball.
16.To distinguish the teams, one of the teams pulls off their shirts .
17.3 or 5 corner kicks in a row equal to a penalty.
18.There is always a house where when the ball fell there, we knew that the game was over. so be careful !!

19.Game over when its dark and we can barley see the ball, we all disperse in groups teasing one another until we get home to face another punishment from our parents.
Also....

A. 2 stones respresnt d goalposts.
B. It's always referred to as overstone when d goal is not clean
C. If d ball goes to hit an elderly person d ball is seized and all players must beg prostrating.
D. Head or tail when we toss d coin for which team would skin
E. Punctured felele ball is repaired with hot cutlass and rubber.
F. Later we started contributing money to buy balls to stop personal ownership.

However, you have forgotten that 11th commandment that says 'if you miss the ball, don't miss the leg'.

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by walexbiz(m): 12:26pm On Oct 25, 2019
Ops you forgot one crucial aspect of children football which is when the team is incomplete you play O.J.O... if you know you know

5 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Sabby1(m): 12:28pm On Oct 25, 2019
Never will I forget those glory and joyful days

I was always the stop scorer and player of every tournament I took part in but it all ended when I forced to be a BOOK WORM.

When I look back at the past, I sometimes feel like rewriting history but anyway, na GOD WIN

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by makeherscream(m): 12:38pm On Oct 25, 2019
There use to be set 1set 2set 3set chai I missed those days ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? / Chelsea Ban Fans After Racist Salah Chants / Ugwunnaya Chiedozie Bags Abia State Sports Award 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.