Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Football Rules When We Were Kids - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Football Rules When We Were Kids (19055 Views)

Rules Of Football When We Were Kids / Coronavirus: FIFA To Introduce New Rules When Football Returns / FIFA Approves New Football Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Trueigbo: 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2019
We usually play monkey post
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Brainbox2020(m): 12:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
zidek:
Gone are the days.. When boys were boys
I no fit laugh

Rules of football when we were kids

1. The fat kid was always the goalkeeper
2.The owner of the ball decides who plays
3. If you didn't participate in repairing the ball you were given a match ban
4. The guy who's never picked was to fetch the ball from the trees or bush when it got stuck, under the car or tunnel to play in the next game
5. When the owner of the ball got annoyed, game over
6. When you hit your toes against a stone and you notice blood, you quickly cover the area of injury with sand as a form of first aid and play continues
7. You can't dribble the owner too much, this may lead him to stop the game by taking away his ball.
8. No matter how many goals you scored, the winner would be determined by the last team to score
9.No offsides.
10.There is no referee.
11.There is fault only if the fault is serious .
12.The 2 best players can not play in the same team so everyone chooses their players.
13.If you are chosen last it is a humiliation and you will remain in defense.
14.If there is a penalty the goalkeeper is replaced by the best player of the team.
15.The best player on the field is always in the same team as the owner of the ball.
16.To distinguish the teams, one of the teams pulls off their shirts .
17.3 or 5 corner kicks in a row equal to a penalty.
18.There is always a house where when the ball fell there, we knew that the game was over. so be careful !!

19.Game over when its dark and we can barley see the ball, we all disperse in groups teasing one another until we get home to face another punishment from our parents.
Also....

A. 2 stones respresnt d goalposts.
B. It's always referred to as overstone when d goal is not clean
C. If d ball goes to hit an elderly person d ball is seized and all players must beg prostrating.
D. Head or tail when we toss d coin for which team would skin
E. Punctured felele ball is repaired with hot cutlass and rubber.
F. Later we started contributing money to buy balls to stop personal ownership.

However, you have forgotten that 11th commandment that says 'if you miss the ball, don't miss the leg'.
NUMBER 5 IS LEGENDARY

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Bluezy13(m): 12:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
Emily22:
Also when we av less than 6 players, we automatically switch to FOUR POST.

If u no play four post, aswear u never play anything...that game will reveal your true friend .

The player that target your post the most is your enemy grin grin grin.........

Jeese!!!

Four goal Post in a small classroom.
Let he who can shoot very well shot.
It doesn't matter where you hit the ball... whether on your opponent's head or tummy.
Play continues
Only the coward runs away.
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by gulfer: 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2019
Using two balls to save one because you don't want to lose grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Rattle9: 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
Felele lol...
In south south we call it fly-fly and there is one also called coutonu .... those memories are priceless!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Emily22(m): 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
Bluezy13:

Jeese!!!

Four goal Post in a small classroom.
Let he who can shoot very well shot.
It doesn't matter where you hit the ball... whether on your opponent's head or tummy.
Play continues
Only the coward runs away.

Aswear....Ur head dey dere.....even if e hit wall....na play on.......
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Bluezy13(m): 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
gulfer:
Using two balls to save one because you don't want to lose grin grin grin grin grin

Hahaha...
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by themmy07: 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2019
Wolexyoshi:
Hosting competition during holidays.
Bleach Rubber bottle design as 1st place cup, wrapped with Benson cigarette Gold foil.
Milk tin with bulb design as 2nd place cup, wrapped with Rothmas cigarette Silver foil.

It was really a great moment way back.

Good old time
Can't 4get when my niggas would come to our house to drag me to field, d best in d area then...even if I come late dey will remove one player for me

2 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Adrian98(m): 1:00pm On Oct 25, 2019
If you played agidi one touch like and share this .

2 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by masteroguns(m): 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2019
zidek:
Gone are the days.. When boys were boys
I no fit laugh

Rules of football when we were kids

1. The fat kid was always the goalkeeper
2.The owner of the ball decides who plays
3. If you didn't participate in repairing the ball you were given a match ban
4. The guy who's never picked was to fetch the ball from the trees or bush when it got stuck, under the car or tunnel to play in the next game
5. When the owner of the ball got annoyed, game over
6. When you hit your toes against a stone and you notice blood, you quickly cover the area of injury with sand as a form of first aid and play continues
7. You can't dribble the owner too much, this may lead him to stop the game by taking away his ball.
8. No matter how many goals you scored, the winner would be determined by the last team to score
9.No offsides.
10.There is no referee.
11.There is fault only if the fault is serious .
12.The 2 best players can not play in the same team so everyone chooses their players.
13.If you are chosen last it is a humiliation and you will remain in defense.
14.If there is a penalty the goalkeeper is replaced by the best player of the team.
15.The best player on the field is always in the same team as the owner of the ball.
16.To distinguish the teams, one of the teams pulls off their shirts .
17.3 or 5 corner kicks in a row equal to a penalty.
18.There is always a house where when the ball fell there, we knew that the game was over. so be careful !!

19.Game over when its dark and we can barley see the ball, we all disperse in groups teasing one another until we get home to face another punishment from our parents.
Also....

A. 2 stones respresnt d goalposts.
B. It's always referred to as overstone when d goal is not clean
C. If d ball goes to hit an elderly person d ball is seized and all players must beg prostrating.
D. Head or tail when we toss d coin for which team would skin
E. Punctured felele ball is repaired with hot cutlass and rubber.
F. Later we started contributing money to buy balls to stop personal ownership.

However, you have forgotten that 11th commandment that says 'if you miss the ball, don't miss the leg'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 25, 2019
thelastorca:

it is dying because nigerians do not care about children
they will rather convert football fields to car sales lot, event center, or market

i live in festac and i see this all the time
very vexing

When FESTAC was set up, there were spaces for children to play ....it was the first planned settlement in Nigeria to be like that.

The conversion of play spaces started in the 1990's (there was even a report on NTA about it.) Sad to hear things have not changed since then.

Abuja is even just as bad.
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by airsaylongcon: 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2019
kleverley:

In my area we called it ''flying carpet''
lol

Your area anywhere in former Bendel?
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by kachinwa: 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2019
Once you see your parents coming, you hid for them not to see you
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by degamemaster(m): 1:15pm On Oct 25, 2019
CutieRB:
This is so true. Especially 5,12,15. Chai i miss those days ooooo grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by webizone(m): 1:20pm On Oct 25, 2019
Tuns20:

18 makes me remember Iya Hassan...her husband con be bricklayer...na Trowel she dey use burst our ball that year.. Funny enough her son hassan dey follow us they play..she no send...wicked woman...Childhood memories..
When ball enter that kain neighbour house, everyone would just raise their hands and shout, "Yee". That's the funny part.

4 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Wolexyoshi(m): 1:21pm On Oct 25, 2019
themmy07:

Good old time
Can't 4get when my niggas would come to our house to drag me to field, d best in d area then...even if I come late dey will remove one player for me

So true. My brother no be small thing to be best player ooo. As a best player in my area then (Ejigbo Lagos) I am being invited in other areas to play in their competition.

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Adeh08: 1:39pm On Oct 25, 2019
Two brothers can't be in one team
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by skimena: 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2019
One of the rules then was that if u wear boot u wil nt b allowed to play. It must b bare footed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Sirwallace(m): 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2019
There is one we call O.G.O.

every players aim to score a goal keeper at one post. If you dont score at the appropriate time, you are disqualified from playing further.

Another one in my neighborhood is called "SAMKOLO"; whatever that means. We played that without post targeting any player " kolo" that's nutmeg in today's football. Any player who get nutmeg get the beating of his life from every other players.

And the Legendary owner of the ball being the manager and official with the last say on the field is so true.

2 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by shancruz: 2:08pm On Oct 25, 2019
Menh you're very right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by huptin(m): 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2019
theenchanter:
Na to play ball inside rain dey sweet pass, esp on slippery ground, where dribbler and d dribbled dey slip.

Does anybody remember OGIRIGBAMILA? grin where u pass d ball to d wall and retrieve it behind ur marker. grin

Some people are so skilled in Ogirigbamila that they cant play in an open field without walls, very interesting days!

2 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by huptin(m): 2:12pm On Oct 25, 2019
Emily22:
Also when we av less than 6 players, we automatically switch to FOUR POST.

If u no play four post, aswear u never play anything...that game will reveal your true friend .

The player that target your post the most is your enemy grin grin grin.........

Four post!!! i can never forget that game! never!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by huptin(m): 2:13pm On Oct 25, 2019
Nuclear99:
Tell me the name brother

Escobaaaaaaar! thats the name we used to call people that score own goal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by huptin(m): 2:15pm On Oct 25, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

yeah.

Lol, over d bar?? as if we knew wetin bar mean gringringrin tho we know wetin post mean sha cus we dey hear am everytym

You guys must av graduated from kings college, mary immaculate and others grin

Everything na over the bar, even if the ball no near the goal post, na still over the bar! but if the goes out through the left or right side that one is throwing, if you are tripped it is called IKA, those days were sweet

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 25, 2019
huptin:

Escobaaaaaaar! thats the name we used to call people that score own goal.

Poor old Andres Escobar...

The painful thing was that he was murdered after that own goal....while leaving a bar. All sorts of rumors (The murderer was caught though...and served...11 years.!)

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Angelacruz: 2:20pm On Oct 25, 2019
Hilarious
Wuzyurdaddy:
Once the ball enters that wicked neighbors' crib, no need knocking.

That's the final whistle

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by sencekompis: 2:27pm On Oct 25, 2019
3 corners is a penarityyy

2 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by CyberWolf: 2:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
OlawaleBammie:
@19B, pls wat did we knw as overstone den?? oberstone ko, ovatine ni..

Over na over!!!

And also, if d owner takes away d ball, there is relatively an alternative wich is to bindle some pieces foam and nylon inside another pure water nylon which serves as membrane (pure water nylon was always larger den dan we have it now) den we would tie it, round leather ball don start b dat grin
Dhoukd I say you’re part of indomie generation because in our time, there is no pure water, we only have ice water.

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by tunatrezy(m): 2:59pm On Oct 25, 2019
You no talk of 4 post and 1 touch game

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 25, 2019
Yes oooo grin
theenchanter:
hmmn.
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Orokojasper(m): 3:21pm On Oct 25, 2019
May God bless you OP,you just reminded me of those good old days....when men were boys.God bless us all

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by LoveJesus87(m): 3:23pm On Oct 25, 2019
theenchanter:
Na to play ball inside rain dey sweet pass, esp on slippery ground, where dribbler and d dribbled dey slip.

Does anybody remember OGIRIGBAMILA? grin where u pass d ball to d wall and retrieve it behind ur marker. grin
Lolz ori e wambe grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer Leaves Manchester United / Assisat Oshoala And Osimhen Presents CAF Awards Trophies To Their Clubs / Berbatov: Even Messi And Ronaldo Would Struggle At Man Utd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.