Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,444 members, 7,954,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:32 AM

Football Rules When We Were Kids - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Football Rules When We Were Kids (19360 Views)

Rules Of Football When We Were Kids / Coronavirus: FIFA To Introduce New Rules When Football Returns / FIFA Approves New Football Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by OlawaleBammie: 3:33pm On Oct 25, 2019
CyberWolf:
Dhoukd I say you’re part of indomie generation because in our time, there is no pure water, we only have ice water.

Indokini?? tho e neva too tey sha, al dis was btw the mid nineties and end of last decade.
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by OlawaleBammie: 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2019
huptin:

Everything na over the bar, even if the ball no near the goal post, na still over the bar! but if the goes out through the left or right side that one is throwing, if you are tripped it is called IKA, those days were sweet

What about OUT ?? the is the goal kick of our tym grin

Very sweet i must confess, one nigga asked me dat i should choose btw growing old or remain a kid, i blatantly told him i would rather remain a kid should i hav d opotunity cus:-

1) no worries

2)no depressions

3) no responsibilities whatsoever

4) Am always one of d best if not d best among my peers... tho e get area oo :grin

5) i dont knw if even is sure cus somtimes a dey tif meat chop inside egunsi soup grin

6) free food

7) free clothes etc.

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 3:55pm On Oct 25, 2019
Angelacruz:
Hilarious

Story of my life, I tell you grin
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Bahamas95(m): 4:00pm On Oct 25, 2019
I will never forget this grin

When it's getting late and everyone is exhausted we will shout " 5 minutes ugbo"! This means you are allowed to make rough tackles without minding if someone will get injured or not.
My guy if u nor strong u beta run go ur mama house o

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by theenchanter: 4:10pm On Oct 25, 2019
CutieRB:
Yes oooo grin
are u a cute RB? As in "right back" grin

Do u play defence? grin
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Legendguru: 4:17pm On Oct 25, 2019
Oh
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Belleful: 4:39pm On Oct 25, 2019
HoldenCaulfield:
Oh those times grin
I remember when I accidentally scored an own goal, they mock me like hell, and even nicknamed me a name I still feel ashamed of
embarassed
tell us the name
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Belleful: 4:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
OlawaleBammie:
@19B, pls wat did we knw as overstone den?? oberstone ko, ovatine ni..

Over na over!!!

And also, if d owner takes away d ball, there is relatively an alternative wich is to bindle some pieces foam and nylon inside another pure water nylon which serves as membrane (pure water nylon was always larger den dan we have it now) den we would tie it, round leather ball don start b dat grin

guy if u no no wetin overstone mean? na b say u b Indomie generation pikin

1 Like

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Belleful: 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2019
1The fat kid was always the goalkeeper.
and wen he fumble's the ball into is goal, we call him Abiodun baruwa. who remember's him?
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by pedi(m): 4:57pm On Oct 25, 2019
Wolexyoshi:
Hosting competition during holidays.
Bleach Rubber bottle design as 1st place cup, wrapped with Benson cigarette Gold foil.
Milk tin with bulb design as 2nd place cup, wrapped with Rothmas cigarette Silver foil.

It was really a great moment way back.
Your head get oil three origin for you

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by pedi(m): 4:59pm On Oct 25, 2019
bestower:
When you are the best player but your parents will not allow you to come to football pitch... All your colleagues will be roaming your house
I swear you remember am wella

2 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 25, 2019
Exactly OP, especially number 19
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by avurlerby(m): 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2019
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cool
zidek:
Gone are the days.. When boys were boys
I no fit laugh

Rules of football when we were kids

1. The fat kid was always the goalkeeper
2.The owner of the ball decides who plays
3. If you didn't participate in repairing the ball you were given a match ban
4. The guy who's never picked was to fetch the ball from the trees or bush when it got stuck, under the car or tunnel to play in the next game
5. When the owner of the ball got annoyed, game over
6. When you hit your toes against a stone and you notice blood, you quickly cover the area of injury with sand as a form of first aid and play continues
7. You can't dribble the owner too much, this may lead him to stop the game by taking away his ball.
8. No matter how many goals you scored, the winner would be determined by the last team to score
9.No offsides.
10.There is no referee.
11.There is fault only if the fault is serious .
12.The 2 best players can not play in the same team so everyone chooses their players.
13.If you are chosen last it is a humiliation and you will remain in defense.
14.If there is a penalty the goalkeeper is replaced by the best player of the team.
15.The best player on the field is always in the same team as the owner of the ball.
16.To distinguish the teams, one of the teams pulls off their shirts .
17.3 or 5 corner kicks in a row equal to a penalty.
18.There is always a house where when the ball fell there, we knew that the game was over. so be careful !!

19.Game over when its dark and we can barley see the ball, we all disperse in groups teasing one another until we get home to face another punishment from our parents.
Also....

A. 2 stones respresnt d goalposts.
B. It's always referred to as overstone when d goal is not clean
C. If d ball goes to hit an elderly person d ball is seized and all players must beg prostrating.
D. Head or tail when we toss d coin for which team would skin
E. Punctured felele ball is repaired with hot cutlass and rubber.
F. Later we started contributing money to buy balls to stop personal ownership.

However, you have forgotten that 11th commandment that says 'if you miss the ball, don't miss the leg'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by stormborn28(m): 7:09pm On Oct 25, 2019
Life goes on..... Memories
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by stormborn28(m): 7:11pm On Oct 25, 2019
zidek:
Gone are the days.. When boys were boys
I no fit laugh

Rules of football when we were kids

1. The fat kid was always the goalkeeper
2.The owner of the ball decides who plays
3. If you didn't participate in repairing the ball you were given a match ban
4. The guy who's never picked was to fetch the ball from the trees or bush when it got stuck, under the car or tunnel to play in the next game
5. When the owner of the ball got annoyed, game over
6. When you hit your toes against a stone and you notice blood, you quickly cover the area of injury with sand as a form of first aid and play continues
7. You can't dribble the owner too much, this may lead him to stop the game by taking away his ball.
8. No matter how many goals you scored, the winner would be determined by the last team to score
9.No offsides.
10.There is no referee.
11.There is fault only if the fault is serious .
12.The 2 best players can not play in the same team so everyone chooses their players.
13.If you are chosen last it is a humiliation and you will remain in defense.
14.If there is a penalty the goalkeeper is replaced by the best player of the team.
15.The best player on the field is always in the same team as the owner of the ball.
16.To distinguish the teams, one of the teams pulls off their shirts .
17.3 or 5 corner kicks in a row equal to a penalty.
18.There is always a house where when the ball fell there, we knew that the game was over. so be careful !!

19.Game over when its dark and we can barley see the ball, we all disperse in groups teasing one another until we get home to face another punishment from our parents.
Also....

A. 2 stones respresnt d goalposts.
B. It's always referred to as overstone when d goal is not clean
C. If d ball goes to hit an elderly person d ball is seized and all players must beg prostrating.
D. Head or tail when we toss d coin for which team would skin
E. Punctured felele ball is repaired with hot cutlass and rubber.
F. Later we started contributing money to buy balls to stop personal ownership.

However, you have forgotten that 11th commandment that says 'if you miss the ball, don't miss the leg'.
in memory of the good old days...
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Sirnioking(m): 7:19pm On Oct 25, 2019
Wolexyoshi:
Hosting competition during holidays.
Bleach Rubber bottle design as 1st place cup, wrapped with Benson cigarette Gold foil.
Milk tin with bulb design as 2nd place cup, wrapped with Rothmas cigarette Silver foil.

It was really a great moment way back.

Don't make me shed tears with this sweet memory.
Mhen!! I use to make those cups!

2 Likes

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Ekpekus(m): 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2019
Nostalgic memories..

For those that grew up in Bendel State will know this:
1.High ball... when the opponent scores and the ball is high
2. Penarity.. hand ball in your 18 box by the opponent.. we go shout penalty.. take the ball to the opponent box for PK
3. Heighting.. when you take the ball over the head of an opponent..
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by OlawaleBammie: 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2019
Belleful:

guy if u no no wetin overstone mean? na b say u b Indomie generation pikin

Lol, seriously a no b indomie generation, i knw wat overstone mean but we didnt call it overstone den, wat we used to say is "OVER" dat is wen blast it to d space or a relatively higher hieght and "OUT" wen it goes out beside either of d stone/short post as d case may be. grin
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by wmighty: 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2019
Hahahahaha � � �.You really got me there.

theenchanter:
Na to play ball inside rain dey sweet pass, esp on slippery ground, where dribbler and d dribbled dey slip.

Does anybody remember OGIRIGBAMILA? grin where u pass d ball to d wall and retrieve it behind ur marker. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by OlawaleBammie: 7:41pm On Oct 25, 2019
gulfer:
Using two balls to save one because you don't want to lose grin grin grin grin grin

See u don make eba wey a dey chop escape from my nose grin
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by emmanuelpopson(m): 8:00pm On Oct 25, 2019
can I go back to those good old days when there was no internet, no kidnappers, nothing like fear but Peace and love evolving around the kids..we enjoyed our childhood with much fun fare and discipline..
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Dothedman(m): 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2019
logohaven1:
grin grin
You cannot play if the owner of the ball doesn't like you. Lol

Na team we shout pass dey get foul

Ehen. You fit arrange small kind 3D logo for yourself oh.
If you already get logo, send am come make i Knack you 3D version for just 1k. Yeah. 1k.

If you no get, carry yaself come make we yarn den follow arrange ya own for only 2k.

What’ your hotline

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by brightnonso: 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2019
INTEGRITYA1:
Na so, there are so much sense in all these proverbs.
I'm speaking from the angle of Yorubas as a Yoruba myself. Not been trabalistic here, that's what I have good knowledge about.

"Ogun omode o le se re fun ogun odun"

Twenty children can not play for twenty years.

It is not possible.

Geraraa here!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
brightnonso:

Geraraa here!!!

Kindly prove me wrong.
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

See u don make eba wey a dey chop escape from my nose grin

I just dy laugh since for this post. Very funny. That time we been no get money to buy felele so na koria we dy buy #50 that strong ball wey dy pain for leg and if you barb aboyo enter foloko beating, you own Don finish. Everybody go wan make the ball enter your foloko and them no dy beat u for anoda place apart from ur head and before u run go touch wall, hand go Don meet you.
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 25, 2019
Yeah played defence wen I was in the school team. I stopped playing after I graduated from college.
theenchanter:
are u a cute RB? As in "right back" grin

Do u play defence? grin
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by danot1030: 9:50pm On Oct 25, 2019
Interesting
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by OlawaleBammie: 9:55pm On Oct 25, 2019
ChieduJoshua081:

I just dy laugh since for this post. Very funny. That time we been no get money to buy felele so na koria we dy buy #50 that strong ball wey dy pain for leg and if you barb aboyo enter foloko beating, you own Don finish. Everybody go wan make the ball enter your foloko and them no dy beat u for anoda place apart from ur head and before u run go touch wall, hand go Don meet you.

U mean dat plastic one wey dem dey sell #20 den, which has a diameter of sometin like 15 to 20cm.

If u kick it very well with "TOE" Its shape wil deform and u wil b using ur two thumbs to press it so dat it can gain bak its former shape.
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by logohaven1: 10:15pm On Oct 25, 2019
Dothedman:

What’ your hotline
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by kleverley(m): 9:01am On Oct 26, 2019
airsaylongcon:

Your area anywhere in former Bendel?
obudu in cross river, near Benue though
Re: Football Rules When We Were Kids by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 26, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

U mean dat plastic one wey dem dey sell #20 den, which has a diameter of sometin like 15 to 20cm.

If u kick it very well with "TOE" Its shape wil deform and u wil b using ur two thumbs to press it so dat it can gain bak its former shape.

kikikikikikikikikikikiikiki yes guy yes hahahahahahaha you know finish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kabiru Baleria Is Dead! Kano Pillars Team Manager Dies At 57 / Aubameyang Makes History, Scores Hat-Tricks In EPL, Ligue 1, Bundesliga & LaLiga / Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.