Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop (85918 Views)

Fraudster Shops With Temi Otedola’s Credit Card While She Slept. / Yewande Adekoya Abiodun Arrested In The US For Credit Card Fraud / Stella Dimoko-Korkus: "Michael Okon Stole My Friend's Credit Card, Eloped" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by tiredoflife(m): 4:54am On Oct 24, 2019
This guy is gone
He will serve
Is like saying they found a gun on you but it's not yours grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Nobody: 4:56am On Oct 24, 2019
Chaleeee:
Tor browser is just what it is. A browser. IP Vanish is a VPN used to protect your data from being stolen by malicious websites. No part of the constitution says that you cannot visit certain websites. All these should not hold water in a sane country.

Efcc need to provide evidence that he actually used the credit cards to buy something. With receipt and all. Bit na naija court. Wetin I know?
Please kindly download cyber crime prevention and prohibition act 2015. The PDF version should be online. I believe it will improve your understanding of this matter.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Frankbest101: 4:59am On Oct 24, 2019
Alvin212:

Wretched soul

Bleep off,, with your shiity

Legit work

You sure will die poor

but you will die with a sinful life

5 Likes

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Enyimbamercedes: 5:00am On Oct 24, 2019
The EFCC forensic expert is a Mumu man!!

Forensic expert that couldn’t forensically search two illegally obtained mobile phones; a blackberry and infinix.

They began to beg for the owner to come and unlock them to search the phones. Owner kukuma use find my android to wipe the phone and blackberry protect to wipe the blackberry. Forensic expert is with two useless phones ....
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by daroz(m): 5:06am On Oct 24, 2019
invigilator:
How do we know our so called Economic and Financial Crimes Comission people did not embed those files there just to cover their shame i.e if truly Naira Marley is innocent?

For Gods sake, how many days on earth do you need to go through files stored on a laptop, this wasn't presented as evidence on the first appearance in court neither [I stand to be corrected] was it presented in the just immediate appearance. And by the way, why save a CC number as .txt when you can write it in a book elsewhere, e no just add up abeggie

Are you a lawyer ? I am so impressed because of the way you rubbished their so called evidence. Defense lawyer go too fit you, walai

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by danot1030: 5:08am On Oct 24, 2019
invigilator:
How do we know our so called Economic and Financial Crimes Comission people did not embed those files there just to cover their shame i.e if truly Naira Marley is innocent?

For Gods sake, how many days on earth do you need to go through files stored on a laptop, this wasn't presented as evidence on the first appearance in court neither [I stand to be corrected] was it presented in the just immediate appearance. And by the way, why save a CC number as .txt when you can write it in a book elsewhere, e no just add up abeggie

You may need to go and defend Naira Marley in court to prove his innocence.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by voltron14: 5:19am On Oct 24, 2019
Enyimbamercedes:
The EFCC forensic expert is a Mumu man!!

Forensic expert that couldn’t forensically search two illegally obtained mobile phones; a blackberry and infinix.

They began to beg for the owner to come and unlock them to search the phones. Owner kukuma use find my android to wipe the phone and blackberry protect to wipe the blackberry. Forensic expert is with two useless phones ....

When he's convicted your tone would change.

Then you would call it oppression of the youth or regular Yahoo boy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Came4amod: 5:24am On Oct 24, 2019
creolehunt:
My heart was really gladened the day I read of Naira Marley 's initial arrest. But in the light of the recent arrest of Mompha, i do not give a hoot about Naira anymore; he is a fingerling in the Pacific.

EFCC, now that you have Mompha, please do well to give us Hushpuppy and E-money.

People should learn to earn an honest living.

Naira merly will say .. we are omo ase ... and we are waiting for give away .. crime don't pay .. but I really want to know what they have concluded about Evans ... ordinary Evan's still dey jolly .. I bet...mompha doesn't last 2 weeks in efcc custody .. anyone wanna bet ...
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by zeedof(m): 5:26am On Oct 24, 2019
topcatking:
Dear OP, you just taught everyone of us how to commit fraud. Thank you. angry
.. not OP but this mumu that's reveals those vital infor.

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Came4amod: 5:27am On Oct 24, 2019
Right from time immemorial .. Porpular people are very influential and most difficult people to jail ..in Nigeria where we even celebrate mediocrity .. it's almost impossible to jail a porpular influential person ..quote me anywhere naira and mompha ..are free men ..not because they are innocent but they have people in power .. there is difference between riches and power ..
What ever you do try to have people in power .. Right or wrong is that the world see .. but the real game is powerful or weak .. one funny thing .. how did mompha know interpol was about to arrest him in dubai ... lol

2 Likes

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Came4amod: 5:33am On Oct 24, 2019
Frankbest101:

but you will die with a sinful life
Frank let him die .. is it your die .. people carry another matter for head secretly wishing he was enjoying the proceeds like him... if yahoo boy give me money .. I go collect am and I am still going to heaven grin
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by badman007(m): 5:35am On Oct 24, 2019
creolehunt:
My heart was really gladened the day I read of Naira Marley 's initial arrest. But in the light of the recent arrest of Mompha, i do not give a hoot about Naira anymore; he is a fingerling in the Pacific.

EFCC, now that you have Mompha, please do well to give us Hushpuppy and E-money.

Original suffer head must die
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Caseless: 5:39am On Oct 24, 2019
sayisayi:
Carder...see dark web movements...Naija boys eh
lol
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by victorjoe(m): 5:40am On Oct 24, 2019
topcatking:

Omo! See info where boys been de hide for my area that year.

Anyways, crime does not pay. Better to start hustling legit now.

Some boys I knew way back doing this shopping thing have now gone into Forex full time and I'd paying their bills.

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by rilikalid(m): 5:43am On Oct 24, 2019
Amuatulu:
Even with TOR browser sef, he should have used pshipon to turn his laptop to an encrypted server.
But what would it take him to always clear of cache of visited websites at intervals..

what happens to G-zapper to protect his online identity and daily search history grin

See as e save bin.txt file for laptop?
All dis mumu yahoo boys sef
heeeey tuale baba agba
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by oroagba: 5:45am On Oct 24, 2019
topcatking:

I hope you also read the part about arrest and prosecution.

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Realfrankie(m): 5:48am On Oct 24, 2019
Another #free naira Marley go be the Nigerian Anthem
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by saajus: 5:48am On Oct 24, 2019
Why does the write up look like teaching people how to scam. I don't understand how our intelligence work in this country. Even FBI didn't reveal Invictus Obi scheme in a manner in which you can connect the dots. They shouldn't be talking about TOR, onions, darkweb, bins. Kids can research, connect the dots and start scamming. I beg una, roadside Journalists should not be writing criminal articles. We made the same mistake with Evans, the Kidnapper. Many people didn't know how profitable kidnapping was until we arrested Evans. The media started showing his houses, cars, watches on TV.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by successking401(m): 5:50am On Oct 24, 2019
A Federal High Court in Lagos on Wednesday heard that stolen credit card information issued by European, American and Latin American banks were retrieved from a laptop allegedly belonging to musician, Azeez Fashola popularly known as Naira Marley.

An Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) forensics expert, Mr Nuru Buhari told Justice Nicholas Oweibo that some of the credit card information belonged to four persons in the United Kingdom (UK) including one Nicole Louise.

Buhari testified as the EFCC’s first prosecution witness in Marley’s alleged card fraud trial which began on Tuesday.

The witness, who was led in evidence by EFCC counsel Mr Rotimi Oyedepo, alleged that apart from the stolen information, the website visit history recovered from the device showed that the top five most visited sites dealt with buying and selling of stolen credit card information.

Buhari said: “During analysis, the cache file and history file revealed that the most frequently visited sites by the user of the computer includes arder007.org, Zuni.sa, nationwidecheckbalance.co.uk, ferunshop.net AMD cocoa.co.uk.”

“Analysis of the websites revealed that web 1 is where stolen card information is sold to intending fraudsters, web 2 is for stolen credit cards specifically for the UK, web 3 is an online website designed for UK card holders to check their balance wherever they are around the world, web 4 is a dark web meaning an underground tunnel in the internet where stolen credit card information are sold and traded, web 5 is an online shopping mall where members are given discounts for shopping from certain shops.”

He said stolen credit card information with special status that allows transaction up-to $12,000 without a pin or physical card was found in a file named select BIN 101.txt and .txt.

The witness added: “For the note file, two major files were discovered named .txt which contained about four credit card information belonging to four different personalities in the UK including one Nicole Louise. ”

“The second file is named selected BIN101.txt containing Bank Identification Number of European, American and Latin American banks.

“When we ran the BIN code search for the first six digits of the cards, it revealed they are Visa cards issued by Barclay’s bank, Sandander UK plc.”

Buhari testified that an analysis allowed his team to identify “certain banks in the US, Europe and Asia with certain peculiarities, these are banks that they issue credit cards without pins based on the high level of trust, they allow a transaction of up to $12,000 in a swipe on pos.

“Cards issued by those banks are card not required. All you need to execute a transaction is the card number and the Security number. ”

According to him, suspicious apps that are mostly used by people with shady deals on the internet were found on the laptop.

He said: “We analysed installed apps on the laptop and we found two apps that enables the owner of the computer to decide the server of a bank as to his identity and location, IP VANISH and TOR browser.

“The TOR browser is sometimes called the onion. Most of the criminals cover their tracks with various layers just like an onion using this app to make it near impossible for a tracker to track their location.

“The IP VANISH is a virtual private network (VPN) which provides that the actual computer and location of usage cannot be identified. It also gives the user the ability to change their location.”

The court heard further that an analysis of the administrator account on the laptop revealed that the admin is one Naira Marley and the account was connected to his iCloud account.

During the hearing, Oyedepo tendered the request for the analysis of the Apple Mac book Pro laptop, an iPhone allegedly confiscated from the defendant and the forensic laboratory report prepared by Mr Buhari.
Justice Oweibo adjourned till Friday for cross examination of the witness.

Fashola, popular for his “Am I a Yahoo Boy” and “Soapy” tracks, is being prosecuted by the EFCC on an 11-count charge of conspiracy, possession of counterfeit cards and fraud.

His co-defendant is one Yad Isril, said to still be at large.

The defendant was arraigned on May 20, 2019, but pleaded not guilty.

He secured N2 million bail with two sureties in the like sum.

According to the charge, the defendant committed the offences on different dates including November 26, 2018, December 11, 2018, and May 10,

Fashola and his accomplices allegedly conspired to use different Access Bank ATM Cards to defraud their victims.

They allegedly used Access Card number 5264711020433662 issued to other persons, in a bid to obtain fraudulent financial gains.

Fashola was said to have possessed these counterfeit credit cards, belonging to different cardholders, with intent to defraud, and which also constituted theft.

The offences contravene the provisions of Section 1 23 (1) (b), 27 (1}, 33, 33(9) Cyber Crime (Prohibition) Prevention Act, 2015.
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Realfrankie(m): 5:54am On Oct 24, 2019
Alvin212:

Wretched soul

Legit work

You sure will die poor

I know you'll call him names for saying the fact.
My dear Luke 8:17 doesn't lie

3 Likes

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Realfrankie(m): 5:59am On Oct 24, 2019
theenchanter:
Mehn.. una even dey give guys site, abi? undecided

Of course
For clarification
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 24, 2019
TOR browser and
IP VANISH grin grin grin grin cheesy
Who else is thinking what I'm thinking cheesy
Efcc just taught me a new phase of Yahoo Yahoo
Up yahooze grin grin grin
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Techsunny: 6:02am On Oct 24, 2019
Afonjazzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Ignatiusprince(m): 6:06am On Oct 24, 2019
Lol...
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by OttHin: 6:06am On Oct 24, 2019
creolehunt:

You don't mean it.

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by bluebay(m): 6:07am On Oct 24, 2019
creolehunt:

See unnecessary hater.
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Eskhalil: 6:09am On Oct 24, 2019
iamswizz:
where are owners of the card? did they petition the efcc? i am not understanding.. they should invite the owners of the card na, if they can say it is attempted fraud, what if the owners gave him the details of the card?

seems its a crime to use a vpn cheesy
Oga sir. Are you okay? So instead of you to pay your sons school fees, you send your credit card number to the school principal?

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Xisnin(m): 6:09am On Oct 24, 2019
iamswizz:
where are owners of the card? did they petition the efcc? i am not understanding.. they should invite the owners of the card na, if they can say it is attempted fraud, what if the owners gave him the details of the card?

seems its a crime to use a vpn cheesy
Father Christmas, how many foreigners have you given your card details to?
SMH

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by MadLogan(m): 6:13am On Oct 24, 2019
creolehunt:

Envy. These people you mentioned don’t even know your poor ass but you wish for their downfall; tell me why you will grow? Spend quality time on how to improve your life and stop hating. I wonder the kind of father you will be to your kids
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Nostradamus: 6:14am On Oct 24, 2019
Alvin212:

Wretched soul

Legit work

You sure will die poor
what if that guy you quote is already richer than with his legit work

This is one of the problems plaguing our society,youths making excuses for committing crimes.

I stand with him we all should learn how to earn an honest living

3 Likes

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Eskhalil: 6:14am On Oct 24, 2019
Brainiac12:
TOR browser and
IP VANISH grin grin grin grin cheesy
Who else is thinking what I'm thinking cheesy
Efcc just taught me a new phase of Yahoo Yahoo
Up yahooze grin grin grin
Dude Tor browser na scam these days. Feds have found a way to monitor you even if you're using a so called VPN (and i know you're going to use any free VPN out there).

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage's Marriage To Teebillz Is Over - Tiwa Reveals In An Interview / Terry G Shares Account Balance, Says He Is Feeling Broke / Regina Daniels With Husband's Customized Ferrari In New Photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.