Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Your Son Is An Outcast”-Yoruba Traditionalist Attacks Davido & Chioma - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Son Is An Outcast”-Yoruba Traditionalist Attacks Davido & Chioma (11545 Views)

Yoruba Ronu: Your Son Has Turned Nigeria's Economy Into A Desert - Buhari Ahmed / Breaking News: Take Isese Festival Elsewhere, Police Warns Yoruba Traditionalist / ‘Very Disrespectful To Islam’ – Buhari’s Ex-aide Attacks Davido Over Music Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Son Is An Outcast”-Yoruba Traditionalist Attacks Davido & Chioma by nlPoster: 2:39pm On Oct 26, 2019
etrange:

There are just three kids here so the expression "older child" clearly refers to the immediate elder one. If I wanted to refer to the other one, I would have said oldest or eldest.

The statement is just ambigious, because you also mentioned the mother is not Yoruba, whereas none of his girlfriends are, with the exception of another lady.

Regardless of the point of view, it's still a form of segregation that should not be encouraged.

Right and wrong are subjective sometimes. While I agree making someone an outcast is not good, at the same time remember vantage points differ. An outcast who is very wealthy for example, does the outcast status still matter?
Re: Your Son Is An Outcast”-Yoruba Traditionalist Attacks Davido & Chioma by naijaking1: 2:46pm On Oct 26, 2019
obinnaokeke225:
It is heartbreaking for ace Nigerian singer, Davido and his fans as his only son, Ifeanyi Adedeji Adeleke Jnr has being tagged an “outcast” by a traditionalist.

According to him, the customs and traditions of the land has labeled the newborn son of the billionaire as an OSU which is exemplified through his name, he revealed.

See Full Detail Of What The Tradintionalist Said Here:

https://www.anaedoonline.com/2019/10/24/dont-be-carried-away-your-son-is-an-outcast-yoruba-traditionalist-attacks-chioma/

Mynd44

Hate speech, 100%!
Re: Your Son Is An Outcast”-Yoruba Traditionalist Attacks Davido & Chioma by nlPoster: 2:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
You people should leave this pandora's box alone.

You're too excitable and dont think before jumping to conclusions.
Re: Your Son Is An Outcast”-Yoruba Traditionalist Attacks Davido & Chioma by etrange: 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2019
nairalandposter:

The statement is just ambigious, because you also mentioned the mother is not Yoruba, whereas none of his girlfriends are, with the exception of another lady.

Right and wrong are subjective sometimes. While I agree making someone an outcast is not good, at the same time remember vantage points differ. An outcast who is very wealthy for example, does the outcast status still matter?

However ambiguous it was from you POV, it never implied there was another son at least. So your question was somewhat sarcastic and unappealing.

Making someone an out cast is not good regardless of vintage points. Nobody deserves to be labelled in such a manner Besides, Davido might be rich but the concept is not selective; it also affects the poor who might not be able to bear the heat and that alone is enough reason to condemn it totality. We know this one cause the father is a popular figure, there are a lot of other people suffering the same fate out there. Our voice may not matter but let it be on record that the younger generation is not in for such segregation.
Re: Your Son Is An Outcast”-Yoruba Traditionalist Attacks Davido & Chioma by nlPoster: 9:28pm On Oct 26, 2019
etrange:

However ambiguous it was from you POV, it never implied there was another son at least. So your question was somewhat sarcastic and unappealing

@ sarcasm, that's your opinion, not mine.

@ unappealing, too bad, shrugs.

You're the one making reference to other kid/s and claiming what you said was not what you mean.

Making someone an out cast is not good regardless of vintage points. Nobody deserves to be labelled in such a manner Besides, Davido might be rich but the concept is not selective; it also affects the poor who might not be able to bear the heat and that alone is enough reason to condemn it totality. We know this one cause the father is a popular figure, there are a lot of other people suffering the same fate out there. Our voice may not matter but let it be on record that the younger generation is not in for such segregation.

hm, well, talk to the people who made the statement, I'm just posting on the thread.
Re: Your Son Is An Outcast”-Yoruba Traditionalist Attacks Davido & Chioma by etrange: 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2019
nairalandposter:

@ sarcasm, that's your opinion, not mine.

@ unappealing, too bad, shrugs.

You're the one making reference to other kid/s and claiming what you said was not what you mean.

hm, well, talk to the people who made the statement, I'm just posting on the thread.

I never said a son, that is what I am contesting. However, it's not a problem if sarcasm was the only way you could ask for clarification.

I am also just posting, bro. You just happened to quote me and here we are.
Re: Your Son Is An Outcast”-Yoruba Traditionalist Attacks Davido & Chioma by nlPoster: 9:46pm On Oct 26, 2019
etrange:

I never said a son, that is what I am contesting. However, it's not a problem if sarcasm was the only way you could ask for clarification

I'm telling you now my question was not a sarcastic one. Stop implying it was.

I am also just posting, bro. You just happened to quote me and here we are.

It's a forum designed for quoting, if you see a post you want to quote, the forum allows you to do so, as long as you're not quoting in error or to kiss ass.
Re: Your Son Is An Outcast”-Yoruba Traditionalist Attacks Davido & Chioma by etrange: 10:18pm On Oct 26, 2019
nairalandposter:

I'm telling you now my question was not a sarcastic one. Stop implying it was.

It's a forum designed for quoting, if you see a post you want to quote, the forum allows you to do so, as long as you're not quoting in error or to kiss ass.

I will let the question pass.

... and I am not stopping you from quoting anyone/anything; only reminding you how we got here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adesina: Those Demanding Buhari’s Resignation Only Exercising Freedom Of Speech / Ogun 2023: Supporters Of Segun Showunmi Endorse Him For Governor / Akwa Ibom: Sen Bassey Albert To Decamp, Contest Guber Election Under YPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.