Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams (38420 Views)

President Buhari Calls For Tighter Security Around Borders In Lake Chad / Buhari’s Cabinet Members Still Operating Bank Accounts Not Linked To TSA – Maina / Gani Adams On Killer Herdsmen: 'Time To Check This Madness Is Now' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Andhominem: 8:25pm On Oct 24, 2019
All land borders should remain shut!

1 Like

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by onac16: 8:26pm On Oct 24, 2019
That's the problem. President of northern Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by sylve11: 8:27pm On Oct 24, 2019
Isinweke:
Buhari won't connect Nigeria with Benin to Ghana with Rail just as he is connecting Nigger Republic

am lost here. Is he really connecting Nigeria to Niger via railway? shocked cool
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by kunleweb: 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2019
SLAP44:
With a new dry port in Baru, and another one in Kaduna, Ogun borer and Lagos ports should just keep calm and allow the north enjoy some business grin

Some people are about to be taught some business lessons, do you not like our northern young youths to also enjoy some "Omo onile" and "Owo da" loot grin

Buharri till some parts of the south gets sense.

Lmao
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Briells: 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2019
Really? I highly doubt o. I watched a video where they were smuggling in bags of rice in the north with okada, and I was just wondering. Why favour one region over the other?

kayusely70:
The Northern Borders Are Also Closed

1 Like

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by fk002: 8:29pm On Oct 24, 2019
This man and his unnecessary wailing
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by 1shortblackboy: 8:30pm On Oct 24, 2019
omenka:
The number of people that have been making statements trying to blackmail the government into opening the borders goes to show there were alot of criminals benefitting from the smuggling business indeed.

Gani might be one of them.
mchewww
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Boulexposed: 8:30pm On Oct 24, 2019
KEVIND:
Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Iba Gani Abiodun Ige Adams, has urged the Federal government to fix the Lagos – Badagry road, saying such move will boost the Nigerian economy and further expose the tourism potentials of Badagry as a whole.

Speaking during the 2019 edition of the Olokun Festival in Badagry, Adams expressed worry over the closure of the Nigeria – Benin border,insisting that the closure of the border was suspicious, with huge implications on the entire Southwest.

“The road leading to Badagry town and its environs are in deplorable stage and nobody even cares.For the past seven years, this town had been abandoned with little facilities I have said it severally that this road is bad.

The road has become death traps for commuters plying the road daily. For instance, traveling between Badagry and Mile 2 has always been an unpleasant experience these days.

Imagine the kind of impression this would have on foreigners and tourists coming through west African coast to Badagry”,he said.

The Yoruba leader, also lamented that the closure of the border will definitely affect the people in the South than any other regions.

“It is unfortunate that the Nigeria – Benin border had to be shut, however, the closure seems suspicious to me because the borders in the North still operate conveniently without anybody blinking an eye. This portends grave danger to us as a people because the economic implications of the border closure will largely affect us more in the southwest than any other regions.

He, however, urged the Federal government, to as a matter of urgency, re-open the border and make sure that the necessary arrangements are made to forestall illegal smuggling of rice and other valuables into the country.

” We can reduce the unlawful smuggling of rice and other items into the country. It involves proper planning and documentation from the Nigerian government and the officials, including the Immigrations and the Customs must be up and doing in ensuring that the law is effective.”
Iba Gani Adams also appealed to the southwest governors to join him in projecting the cultural identity of the Yoruba race to the world

His words, :” Through cultural festivals such as this, we can gradually begin to change the narratives. We can begin to project the image of our country positively to the world. Therefore, I am making a clarion call to all Yoruba sons and daughters to continually promote the policy thrust and development agenda of the OFF
“Together we must build our tourism potentials and provide opportunities for our people to explore the world, using cultural tourism as template for growth and development. It is also very important for all the governors in all the states in the southwest to invest in education and agriculture, in order to ensure quality education and food security.

“Our governors should also provide enabling environment for the creation of a bustling tourism sector that would see the southwest states becoming the nation’s destination of choice, and ensure the full exploitations of our mineral resources for wealth creation.”,he explained.

Akran of Badagry, Oba De-Wheno Aholu (OFR), in his remarks, said despite the fact that the Badagry has a rich history, both the state and the Federal government have abandoned the town with no formidable facilities, lamenting that the road leading to the town had been left unattended to.

“Our road is bad. And I am not happy with the situation of the road. Coming to Badagry now is a hell, because people spend hours before getting to this place. As the royal father of this town, I am using this opportunity to appeal to the government to help fix this road so that Nigerians and other tourists could have access to Badagry”

“Let me also appreciate Iba Gani Abiodun Ige Adams, and all members of the Oodua Peoples Congress(OPC) and the Olokun Festival Foundation for sustaining this festival for the past 18 years. They have done well for us as a race. And I think they deserve to be honoured and appreciated”,he said.

Meanwhile, the Guest lecturer, Professor Oladele Orimogunje, from the Department of Linguistic, University of Lagos, praised the efforts of the Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland and the chief promoter of the festivals, Iba Gani Adams for championing the cause, and promoting the Yoruba culture and tradition,adding that such effort will definitely enrich the minds of the young generation of people about the various beliefs and traditions of the Yoruba race.

He said there should be adequate provision of social services like basic education and healthcare to Nigerians, stressing that Nigeria must embrace the idea of a knowledge economy, where quality education is cheap and affordable to all and sundry.

“What we needed most at this moment is a knowledge economy, where quality education is cheap and affordable to all and sundry. A situation whereby a large number of our youths are unemployed and a few of them that are working are doing so under a very precarious condition is bad”

“Our leaders must be proactive in the way they handle sensitive business of governance, because unless the ruling class commits public resources to public need, the future of the Nigerian youths is bleak” he said.

Prominent guests present at the event, include the Jagun of Oyo,Chief Ayoade Adewuyi, Parakoyi Aareonakakanfo of Yorubaland,Prof Raheem Kolawole,Osi Aareonakakanfo of Yorubaland Chief Gani Kayode Balogun,Africa Union coordinator of the Oodua Progressive Union (OPU) Mr Segun Ogunpitan,Fiwagboye of Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Chief Ebudola Odedina, Oba Abdul Wahab Adio Ogunji, Papayiketa from Benin Republic, Oba Abdul Lateef Olagoke, the Onilala of Lanlate land. Others are Oba Oluyemisi Oyeyemi, Alado of Ado Awaye, Oyo state, Chief Oyegbemile Adelodun, Basorun of Iseyin land,Oba Alabi Ademola, Onikoyi of Oyuidiah, Benin Republic, and Chief Sulaimon Olanrewaju, the Akiisi of Iseyin land among others.

https://www.independent.ng/borders-in-the-north-still-operating-gani-adams/

Key words:

Knowledge economy

Wake up out your slumber
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Afamed: 8:32pm On Oct 24, 2019
sevenhundred:
baba!!! so, you depend on TV?
Should I depend on what I saw on live TV or I believe the midday news aired by someone who does not know the location of the border? The border in question is called Maradi situated between Katsina and Niger Republic.

2 Likes

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Biritiko: 8:32pm On Oct 24, 2019
omenka:
The number of people that have been making statements trying to blackmail the government into opening the borders goes to show there were alot of criminals benefitting from the smuggling business indeed.

He obviously is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by mamaafrik(m): 8:32pm On Oct 24, 2019
Southerners in the North please let us contribute objectively to this as we can really fishout what is going on.
Many people are relying on Nairaland for actions,politicians are listening than before,if You are a Southerner living in the North please ,please share the situation of things,i can categorically tell you that seme in SW is under serious water tight locks.
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Psalmy2cute(m): 8:35pm On Oct 24, 2019
mrvitalis:

A place I stay what I'm going to buy tomorrow ?
Bro you're buying rebagged Nigeria rice.. forget those shit they're saying....

There are no foreign rice in the south..
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 24, 2019
helinues:
All borders are closed. Restrictions may vary from regions to regions.

Oga Gani get your facts right

Are you in charge of the borders?
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by LZAA: 8:37pm On Oct 24, 2019
SLAP44:
With a new dry port in Baru, and another one in Kaduna, Ogun borer and Lagos ports should just keep calm and allow the north enjoy some business grin

Some people are about to be taught some business lessons, do you not like our northern young youths to also enjoy some "Omo onile" and "Owo da" loot grin

Buharri till southwest get sense.
Fixed wink
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Afamed: 8:37pm On Oct 24, 2019
Eartquake1:

Is Gañi Adam in charge of border ?
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by LZAA: 8:38pm On Oct 24, 2019
helinues:
All borders are closed. Restrictions may vary from regions to regions.

Oga Gani get your facts right
Shey u are listening to yourself abi
Vary?
Chai sai babarism

cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed Adaibeku greenback bastardmod

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by MillerJnr(m): 8:38pm On Oct 24, 2019
healthserve:
Gani Adams in recent times has continued to be consistent and hits the nail on its head. The motive of the border closure needs to be checkmated. BTW, there has been reports of Crude oil and weapons smuggling from the northern borders. Let's continue to delude ourselves with the one nation bruhaha

please check facts and stop believing these guys na, they just wanna heat up the polity, if those borders are open why is Niger republic begging buhari to open it?
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by helinues: 8:38pm On Oct 24, 2019
Eartquake1:

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by LZAA: 8:38pm On Oct 24, 2019
Afamed:

Is Gañi Adam is charge of border ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Reptyle(m): 8:39pm On Oct 24, 2019
KEVIND:
Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Iba Gani Abiodun Ige Adams, has urged the Federal government to fix the Lagos – Badagry road, saying such move will boost the Nigerian economy and further expose the tourism potentials of Badagry as a whole.

Speaking during the 2019 edition of the Olokun Festival in Badagry, Adams expressed worry over the closure of the Nigeria – Benin border,insisting that the closure of the border was suspicious, with huge implications on the entire Southwest.

“The road leading to Badagry town and its environs are in deplorable stage and nobody even cares.For the past seven years, this town had been abandoned with little facilities I have said it severally that this road is bad.

The road has become death traps for commuters plying the road daily. For instance, traveling between Badagry and Mile 2 has always been an unpleasant experience these days.

Imagine the kind of impression this would have on foreigners and tourists coming through west African coast to Badagry”,he said.

The Yoruba leader, also lamented that the closure of the border will definitely affect the people in the South than any other regions.

“It is unfortunate that the Nigeria – Benin border had to be shut, however, the closure seems suspicious to me because the borders in the North still operate conveniently without anybody blinking an eye. This portends grave danger to us as a people because the economic implications of the border closure will largely affect us more in the southwest than any other regions.

He, however, urged the Federal government, to as a matter of urgency, re-open the border and make sure that the necessary arrangements are made to forestall illegal smuggling of rice and other valuables into the country.

” We can reduce the unlawful smuggling of rice and other items into the country. It involves proper planning and documentation from the Nigerian government and the officials, including the Immigrations and the Customs must be up and doing in ensuring that the law is effective.”
Iba Gani Adams also appealed to the southwest governors to join him in projecting the cultural identity of the Yoruba race to the world

His words, :” Through cultural festivals such as this, we can gradually begin to change the narratives. We can begin to project the image of our country positively to the world. Therefore, I am making a clarion call to all Yoruba sons and daughters to continually promote the policy thrust and development agenda of the OFF
“Together we must build our tourism potentials and provide opportunities for our people to explore the world, using cultural tourism as template for growth and development. It is also very important for all the governors in all the states in the southwest to invest in education and agriculture, in order to ensure quality education and food security.

“Our governors should also provide enabling environment for the creation of a bustling tourism sector that would see the southwest states becoming the nation’s destination of choice, and ensure the full exploitations of our mineral resources for wealth creation.”,he explained.

Akran of Badagry, Oba De-Wheno Aholu (OFR), in his remarks, said despite the fact that the Badagry has a rich history, both the state and the Federal government have abandoned the town with no formidable facilities, lamenting that the road leading to the town had been left unattended to.

“Our road is bad. And I am not happy with the situation of the road. Coming to Badagry now is a hell, because people spend hours before getting to this place. As the royal father of this town, I am using this opportunity to appeal to the government to help fix this road so that Nigerians and other tourists could have access to Badagry”

“Let me also appreciate Iba Gani Abiodun Ige Adams, and all members of the Oodua Peoples Congress(OPC) and the Olokun Festival Foundation for sustaining this festival for the past 18 years. They have done well for us as a race. And I think they deserve to be honoured and appreciated”,he said.

Meanwhile, the Guest lecturer, Professor Oladele Orimogunje, from the Department of Linguistic, University of Lagos, praised the efforts of the Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland and the chief promoter of the festivals, Iba Gani Adams for championing the cause, and promoting the Yoruba culture and tradition,adding that such effort will definitely enrich the minds of the young generation of people about the various beliefs and traditions of the Yoruba race.

He said there should be adequate provision of social services like basic education and healthcare to Nigerians, stressing that Nigeria must embrace the idea of a knowledge economy, where quality education is cheap and affordable to all and sundry.

“What we needed most at this moment is a knowledge economy, where quality education is cheap and affordable to all and sundry. A situation whereby a large number of our youths are unemployed and a few of them that are working are doing so under a very precarious condition is bad”

“Our leaders must be proactive in the way they handle sensitive business of governance, because unless the ruling class commits public resources to public need, the future of the Nigerian youths is bleak” he said.

Prominent guests present at the event, include the Jagun of Oyo,Chief Ayoade Adewuyi, Parakoyi Aareonakakanfo of Yorubaland,Prof Raheem Kolawole,Osi Aareonakakanfo of Yorubaland Chief Gani Kayode Balogun,Africa Union coordinator of the Oodua Progressive Union (OPU) Mr Segun Ogunpitan,Fiwagboye of Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Chief Ebudola Odedina, Oba Abdul Wahab Adio Ogunji, Papayiketa from Benin Republic, Oba Abdul Lateef Olagoke, the Onilala of Lanlate land. Others are Oba Oluyemisi Oyeyemi, Alado of Ado Awaye, Oyo state, Chief Oyegbemile Adelodun, Basorun of Iseyin land,Oba Alabi Ademola, Onikoyi of Oyuidiah, Benin Republic, and Chief Sulaimon Olanrewaju, the Akiisi of Iseyin land among others.

https://www.independent.ng/borders-in-the-north-still-operating-gani-adams/

I can authoritatively confirm that the borders in the north are also closed.

This is how influential people like this man heat up the polity unduly and further polarise the country by circulating false information.

All land borders into Nigeria are shut. However, there are some smuggling activities mostly facilitated by customs officers and other law enforcement agents. Same with the borders in the South.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by MillerJnr(m): 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2019
mamaafrik:
Southerners in the North please let us contribute objectively to this as we can really fishout what is going on.
Many people are relying on Nairaland for actions,politicians are listening than before,if You are a Southerner living in the North please ,please share the situation of things,i can categorically tell you that seme in SW is under serious water tight locks.

this is pure lie na, elders like gani shouldn't talk childishly without fact, why would Niger republic president be begging buhari if the border was open?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Vision2ae: 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2019
abeg make they open border for rice ...local man is tired of eating stone Everytime for day yeye Nigerian rice....

3 Shares

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Reptyle(m): 8:41pm On Oct 24, 2019
Briells:
Really? I highly doubt o. I watched a video where they were smuggling in bags of rice in the north with okada, and I was just wondering. Why favour one region over the other?

So you actually think that there is no smuggling going on across the Seme and Idiroko borders

1 Like

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 24, 2019
omenka:

This one is already insulting his Aare because of his servitude to Buhari

Chai Cc Lzaa imhotep

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by MusaChukwudi: 8:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
Yam legged bastards from muddy land want the borders opened. No way!

Lzaa

3 Likes

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Charleys: 8:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
Psalmy2cute:

Bro you're buying rebagged Nigeria rice.. forget those shit they're saying....

There are no foreign rice in the south..

Person say na wetin him want chop tomorrow, you say na Lie. How you take know.
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by OlujobaSamuel: 8:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
Lol, everybody sha wan talk even if na thrash.
If the northern borders are opened, don't you think Benin businessmen can just divert their goods through Niger?

2 Likes

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Greenback: 8:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
LZAA:

Shey u are listening to yourself abi
Vary?
Chai sai babarism

cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed Adaibeku greenback bastardmod

That one must defend his masters by all means... BMC chop-money means the world to him

grin grin
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by MillerJnr(m): 8:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
Briells:

please let's not allow these guys feed us with lies, if northern borders are open Niger republic and Chad presidents won't be begging buhari
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by LZAA: 8:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
MusaChukwudi:

Lzaa

1 Like

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Charleys: 8:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
MusaChukwudi:

Lzaa

Are you saying Aare ona kakanfo (Gani Adams) is a bastard?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Ategberoson(m): 8:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
closure of boarder is the failure of customs and immigration. by now all customs and immigration high ranking officer should be facing penalty from demotion to sacked, why should traders be the one to suffer from the custom and immigration incompetencies, fraud, nonchalant attitude and negligence?

Buhari lack economical sense in this boarder closure for not putting those going through legitimate means to imports goods into consideration

no wonder he couldn't address his family tussle. useless old man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Invades A Bank With Bomb In Jos, Plateau State / Nigerian Defence Headquarters Releases Pictures Of BIU Operation Aftermath / Soldier Henry Edobor Reunites With His Daughter. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.