Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams (38411 Views)

President Buhari Calls For Tighter Security Around Borders In Lake Chad / Buhari’s Cabinet Members Still Operating Bank Accounts Not Linked To TSA – Maina / Gani Adams On Killer Herdsmen: 'Time To Check This Madness Is Now' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Nobody: 2:16am On Oct 25, 2019
Spot on! The redundant coupist is all shades of evil and bigotry!

The doomed shithole is long overdue for dis-integration!
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by myobjective: 2:24am On Oct 25, 2019
Xano:

Dude, your posts most times are naive close to the extent of immature.

Trailers of rice bags commute from Niger-Nigeria border get to Port Harcourt and disembark all its goods at Mile 1 market.

Continue your nativity

Oga it is a lie.
All northern boarder are closed, all the designated routes from Niger republic to Nigeria are blocked, but Nigerians being stubborn will find ways to exploit the loopholes to smuggle in some goods.

Lots of you people here on nairaland are ignorant and views all government policies from narrow myopic views. The question should be why must we import rice when we can actually farm it here, why spend our scarce dollars on an item that we can produce or substitute with other food. While growing, majority of us eat other local food because obviously we can't afford to buy imported rice, what has change now?

I have been critical of Buhari regime but accusations of favouring the north by opening the northern land border is laughable at best, if Nigeria land boarder is opened to smuggler it will affect the north more because majority of locally produce rice is from the north and the government rice policies of local production is aiming to empowered the large unemployed northerner population

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by myobjective: 2:27am On Oct 25, 2019
Dottore:

There's nearly unrestricted movement in the northern brothers. All the goods that are contraband in the the Southern borders are flowing into Nigeria freely from the North.

I am in the north, you are a bloody liar. You can easily lose your life in any northern city by smuggling just a bag of rice through any land boarder. All major roads are under the surveillance of armed security personnel, though some goods still get smuggled in but smuggling has reduced by as much as 90%.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by myobjective: 2:28am On Oct 25, 2019
Iykenuwa:

Partially, to deceive gullible people like you

The boarders in the north are closed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by wink2015(m): 2:30am On Oct 25, 2019
KEVIND:
Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Iba Gani Abiodun Ige Adams, has urged the Federal government to fix the Lagos – Badagry road, saying such move will boost the Nigerian economy and further expose the tourism potentials of Badagry as a whole.

Speaking during the 2019 edition of the Olokun Festival in Badagry, Adams expressed worry over the closure of the Nigeria – Benin border,insisting that the closure of the border was suspicious, with huge implications on the entire Southwest.

“The road leading to Badagry town and its environs are in deplorable stage and nobody even cares.For the past seven years, this town had been abandoned with little facilities I have said it severally that this road is bad.

The road has become death traps for commuters plying the road daily. For instance, traveling between Badagry and Mile 2 has always been an unpleasant experience these days.

Imagine the kind of impression this would have on foreigners and tourists coming through west African coast to Badagry”,he said.

The Yoruba leader, also lamented that the closure of the border will definitely affect the people in the South than any other regions.

“It is unfortunate that the Nigeria – Benin border had to be shut, however, the closure seems suspicious to me because the borders in the North still operate conveniently without anybody blinking an eye. This portends grave danger to us as a people because the economic implications of the border closure will largely affect us more in the southwest than any other regions.

He, however, urged the Federal government, to as a matter of urgency, re-open the border and make sure that the necessary arrangements are made to forestall illegal smuggling of rice and other valuables into the country.

” We can reduce the unlawful smuggling of rice and other items into the country. It involves proper planning and documentation from the Nigerian government and the officials, including the Immigrations and the Customs must be up and doing in ensuring that the law is effective.”
Iba Gani Adams also appealed to the southwest governors to join him in projecting the cultural identity of the Yoruba race to the world

His words, :” Through cultural festivals such as this, we can gradually begin to change the narratives. We can begin to project the image of our country positively to the world. Therefore, I am making a clarion call to all Yoruba sons and daughters to continually promote the policy thrust and development agenda of the OFF
“Together we must build our tourism potentials and provide opportunities for our people to explore the world, using cultural tourism as template for growth and development. It is also very important for all the governors in all the states in the southwest to invest in education and agriculture, in order to ensure quality education and food security.

“Our governors should also provide enabling environment for the creation of a bustling tourism sector that would see the southwest states becoming the nation’s destination of choice, and ensure the full exploitations of our mineral resources for wealth creation.”,he explained.

Akran of Badagry, Oba De-Wheno Aholu (OFR), in his remarks, said despite the fact that the Badagry has a rich history, both the state and the Federal government have abandoned the town with no formidable facilities, lamenting that the road leading to the town had been left unattended to.

“Our road is bad. And I am not happy with the situation of the road. Coming to Badagry now is a hell, because people spend hours before getting to this place. As the royal father of this town, I am using this opportunity to appeal to the government to help fix this road so that Nigerians and other tourists could have access to Badagry”

“Let me also appreciate Iba Gani Abiodun Ige Adams, and all members of the Oodua Peoples Congress(OPC) and the Olokun Festival Foundation for sustaining this festival for the past 18 years. They have done well for us as a race. And I think they deserve to be honoured and appreciated”,he said.

Meanwhile, the Guest lecturer, Professor Oladele Orimogunje, from the Department of Linguistic, University of Lagos, praised the efforts of the Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland and the chief promoter of the festivals, Iba Gani Adams for championing the cause, and promoting the Yoruba culture and tradition,adding that such effort will definitely enrich the minds of the young generation of people about the various beliefs and traditions of the Yoruba race.

He said there should be adequate provision of social services like basic education and healthcare to Nigerians, stressing that Nigeria must embrace the idea of a knowledge economy, where quality education is cheap and affordable to all and sundry.

“What we needed most at this moment is a knowledge economy, where quality education is cheap and affordable to all and sundry. A situation whereby a large number of our youths are unemployed and a few of them that are working are doing so under a very precarious condition is bad”

“Our leaders must be proactive in the way they handle sensitive business of governance, because unless the ruling class commits public resources to public need, the future of the Nigerian youths is bleak” he said.

Prominent guests present at the event, include the Jagun of Oyo,Chief Ayoade Adewuyi, Parakoyi Aareonakakanfo of Yorubaland,Prof Raheem Kolawole,Osi Aareonakakanfo of Yorubaland Chief Gani Kayode Balogun,Africa Union coordinator of the Oodua Progressive Union (OPU) Mr Segun Ogunpitan,Fiwagboye of Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Chief Ebudola Odedina, Oba Abdul Wahab Adio Ogunji, Papayiketa from Benin Republic, Oba Abdul Lateef Olagoke, the Onilala of Lanlate land. Others are Oba Oluyemisi Oyeyemi, Alado of Ado Awaye, Oyo state, Chief Oyegbemile Adelodun, Basorun of Iseyin land,Oba Alabi Ademola, Onikoyi of Oyuidiah, Benin Republic, and Chief Sulaimon Olanrewaju, the Akiisi of Iseyin land among others.

https://www.independent.ng/borders-in-the-north-still-operating-gani-adams/

The north is just deceiving the south.

They allow free flow of goods through the Niger border up north but close the border down south.
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by voltron14: 3:24am On Oct 25, 2019
sevenhundred:
baba!!! so, you depend on TV?

No.

He should depend on anonymous urchins on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Dottore: 3:52am On Oct 25, 2019
myobjective:

I am in the north, you are a bloody liar. You can easily lose your life in any northern city by smuggling just a bag of rice through any land boarder. All major roads are under the surveillance of armed security personnel, though some goods still get smuggled in but smuggling has reduced by as much as 90%.
Why can't you air your view without insulting your mother's asshole. Is Rice the only contraband commodity? Why is foreign rice still cheaper in the Northern States when compared to southern states. Are used clothings (Okirika) not thriving in the north, what of Lace materials and Abada are they not contraband, are they not thriving in the North. Where do Boko Haram get the firearms they use in fighting if not from the porous land borders in the north.
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Xano(m): 5:19am On Oct 25, 2019
myobjective:

Oga it is a lie.
All northern boarder are closed, all the designated routes from Niger republic to Nigeria are blocked, but Nigerians being stubborn will find ways to exploit the loopholes to smuggle in some goods.

Lots of you people here on nairaland are ignorant and views all government policies from narrow myopic views. The question should be why must we import rice when we can actually farm it here, why spend our scarce dollars on an item that we can produce or substitute with other food. While growing, majority of us eat other local food because obviously we can't afford to buy imported rice, what has change now?

I have been critical of Buhari regime but accusations of favouring the north by opening the northern land border is laughable at best, if Nigeria land boarder is opened to smuggler it will affect the north more because majority of locally produce rice is from the north and the government rice policies of local production is aiming to empowered the large unemployed northerner population

Interesting

I would not be specific, there are routes of entry from the Northern border into the country.

Those routes are known to those who know how things are done.

You all think all Nigeria land borders are closed, you are funny.
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Basher8583: 5:56am On Oct 25, 2019
JerryGent1983:
Oboi are you still living in the past? Who owns authority of tv stations in Nigeria Govt!!! Who close border the same Govt!! Who authorizes a tv news broadcast the same Govt!! Now tell me nobe wetin them want mek you hear you go hear

And why are you foaming in the mouth because of that. If smuggling is going on in the north then move your smuggling business there now. Why are you ranting about it in social media.
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Vicilo(m): 6:08am On Oct 25, 2019
kayusely70:
The Northern Borders Are Also Closed

Shut up before thunderstorms strike ur mouth. I said it here last month after what I saw, no body stops u bcus of bag of foreign rice both at border and in d town but people like said I'm mad. 1 Nigeria my foot
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Charleys: 6:09am On Oct 25, 2019
Honor10:

Aare ona kakanfo is not yam legged, and he is not from muddy land, so throw jabs with sense.

Aare ona kakanfo got chicken legs be that.

But I thought we were talking about aare ona kakanfo.
He's the topic of conversation.
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Dpharisee: 6:37am On Oct 25, 2019
Afamed:
The Maradi border between Niger and Kastina is under key and lock. I really don't know where this man is getting his information from? I really don't know why these people love playing politics with every decision of the government. The same Niger/ Kastina Maradi border that was shown on Channels TV with heavy security patrol?

So you believe everything on APC Channels TV?
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by sweetgala(m): 6:38am On Oct 25, 2019
Does Gani understand the reason for the border closure. A county like Republic of Benin with a small population went from being a no player to the largest importer of rice in the world just as Nigeria banned (restricted) rice importation. Do you understand the level of economic sabotage going on.

Rice is without a doubt the most consumed item in Nigeria. Local farmers and the government have invested billions into rice paddies and mills foreign investment is coming in but the likes of Thailand etc are dumping rice that doesn't pass export regulations to Europe and North America on Africa at subsidized rates

There is not a single successful country in the world that had not implemented import control and protectionism. So please stop this idea that the blockade is a bad thing

1 Like

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Iykenuwa(m): 6:42am On Oct 25, 2019
myobjective:

The boarders in the north are closed

Forget the photo ops, how come bandits/terrorists/stuff still come through the northern borders?

Please don't argue simply because you saw some custom officers
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Afamed: 6:44am On Oct 25, 2019
Dpharisee:

So you believe everything on APC Channels TV?
When has Channels TV become Apc station. Duddee united

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Naijaepic: 7:03am On Oct 25, 2019
You forgot to mention this one,

https://punchng.com/ibadan-to-get-two-dry-ports/amp/

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/05/22/oyo-fg-fine-tune-agreement-on-proposed-n35-9bn-ibadan-inland-dry-port/amp/

https://guardian.ng/business-services/ibadan-inland-dry-port-to-gulp-n35-8-billion/amp/

Or this dry port is situated in Sokoto

SLAP44:
With a new dry port in Baru, and another one in Kaduna, Ogun borer and Lagos ports should just keep calm and allow the north enjoy some business grin

Some people are about to be taught some business lessons, do you not like our northern young youths to also enjoy some "Omo onile" and "Owo da" loot grin

Buharri till some parts of the south gets sense.
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by paulchucks: 7:28am On Oct 25, 2019
We southerners sometimes I imagine the kind of brain we have I live in the north and can tell you the northern border is vast empty land stretching a thousand kilometers and no one can monitor it efficiently if the Katina Jubia border is just a rope demarcation while the is on lock down north is 30 percent compliant and we are cheering this govt trying to destroy southerners business and you are cheering them continue
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 25, 2019
healthserve:
Gani Adams in recent times has continued to be consistent and hits the nail on its head. The motive of the border closure needs to be checkmated. BTW, there has been reports of Crude oil and weapons smuggling from the northern borders. Let's continue to delude ourselves with the one nation bruhaha

Reports of crude oil and weapons smuggling?
Please give us the link to this information
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by shugabasbn: 7:38am On Oct 25, 2019
Some Southerners are too funny, u stayed in South n given report of the North n funnily most of them has never bn to North before. The effects of borders closure is hitting them hard in North than South, from Kebbi to Sokoto down to Zamfara n worst is Katsina. Many of them married outside n doing business in neighborhood countries, some can't visit their family, some can't send materials to them for survivals.
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by 9gerian: 7:42am On Oct 25, 2019
There may be some element of truth, though not restricted to any particular region. Every new policy is an avenue for some privileged people to make money in Nigeria.

Some of the smugglers would find loopholes and exploit it. They will make even more money through hike in price due to the increased risks and scarcity.

Some of the customs are also complicit for smuggling especially when they are in charge. The stakes are high, and so is the reward.
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by seunjungle1(m): 7:43am On Oct 25, 2019
Even though he show the video, won't you say it has been doctored?
What was your response when kinds of videos showed Ganduje where he was collecting dollar bribe?

Okoroawusa:
Can Gani show us a video of a border in the north?
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by muyinet: 9:00am On Oct 25, 2019
myobjective:

So that video of smugglers moving on the main roads in the North and the Hausa language been spoken is from Afghanistan Abi?
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by muyinet: 9:03am On Oct 25, 2019
paulchucks:
We southerners sometimes I imagine the kind of brain we have I live in the north and can tell you the northern border is vast empty land stretching a thousand kilometers and no one can monitor it efficiently if the Katina Jubia border is just a rope demarcation while the is on lock down north is 30 percent compliant and we are cheering this govt trying to destroy southerners business and you are cheering them continue

Yes, and this is also the same reason why the Nigerian Army is finding it difficult to defeat BokoHaram... The vast expanse of land without borders.
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by orisa37: 9:30am On Oct 25, 2019
KEVIND:
Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Iba Gani Abiodun Ige Adams, has urged the Federal government to fix the Lagos – Badagry road, saying such move will boost the Nigerian economy and further expose the tourism potentials of Badagry as a whole.

Speaking during the 2019 edition of the Olokun Festival in Badagry, Adams expressed worry over the closure of the Nigeria – Benin border,insisting that the closure of the border was suspicious, with huge implications on the entire Southwest.

“The road leading to Badagry town and its environs are in deplorable stage and nobody even cares.For the past seven years, this town had been abandoned with little facilities I have said it severally that this road is bad.

The road has become death traps for commuters plying the road daily. For instance, traveling between Badagry and Mile 2 has always been an unpleasant experience these days.

Imagine the kind of impression this would have on foreigners and tourists coming through west African coast to Badagry”,he said.

The Yoruba leader, also lamented that the closure of the border will definitely affect the people in the South than any other regions.

“It is unfortunate that the Nigeria – Benin border had to be shut, however, the closure seems suspicious to me because the borders in the North still operate conveniently without anybody blinking an eye. This portends grave danger to us as a people because the economic implications of the border closure will largely affect us more in the southwest than any other regions.

He, however, urged the Federal government, to as a matter of urgency, re-open the border and make sure that the necessary arrangements are made to forestall illegal smuggling of rice and other valuables into the country.

” We can reduce the unlawful smuggling of rice and other items into the country. It involves proper planning and documentation from the Nigerian government and the officials, including the Immigrations and the Customs must be up and doing in ensuring that the law is effective.”
Iba Gani Adams also appealed to the southwest governors to join him in projecting the cultural identity of the Yoruba race to the world

His words, :” Through cultural festivals such as this, we can gradually begin to change the narratives. We can begin to project the image of our country positively to the world. Therefore, I am making a clarion call to all Yoruba sons and daughters to continually promote the policy thrust and development agenda of the OFF
“Together we must build our tourism potentials and provide opportunities for our people to explore the world, using cultural tourism as template for growth and development. It is also very important for all the governors in all the states in the southwest to invest in education and agriculture, in order to ensure quality education and food security.

“Our governors should also provide enabling environment for the creation of a bustling tourism sector that would see the southwest states becoming the nation’s destination of choice, and ensure the full exploitations of our mineral resources for wealth creation.”,he explained.

Akran of Badagry, Oba De-Wheno Aholu (OFR), in his remarks, said despite the fact that the Badagry has a rich history, both the state and the Federal government have abandoned the town with no formidable facilities, lamenting that the road leading to the town had been left unattended to.

“Our road is bad. And I am not happy with the situation of the road. Coming to Badagry now is a hell, because people spend hours before getting to this place. As the royal father of this town, I am using this opportunity to appeal to the government to help fix this road so that Nigerians and other tourists could have access to Badagry”

“Let me also appreciate Iba Gani Abiodun Ige Adams, and all members of the Oodua Peoples Congress(OPC) and the Olokun Festival Foundation for sustaining this festival for the past 18 years. They have done well for us as a race. And I think they deserve to be honoured and appreciated”,he said.

Meanwhile, the Guest lecturer, Professor Oladele Orimogunje, from the Department of Linguistic, University of Lagos, praised the efforts of the Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland and the chief promoter of the festivals, Iba Gani Adams for championing the cause, and promoting the Yoruba culture and tradition,adding that such effort will definitely enrich the minds of the young generation of people about the various beliefs and traditions of the Yoruba race.

He said there should be adequate provision of social services like basic education and healthcare to Nigerians, stressing that Nigeria must embrace the idea of a knowledge economy, where quality education is cheap and affordable to all and sundry.

“What we needed most at this moment is a knowledge economy, where quality education is cheap and affordable to all and sundry. A situation whereby a large number of our youths are unemployed and a few of them that are working are doing so under a very precarious condition is bad”

“Our leaders must be proactive in the way they handle sensitive business of governance, because unless the ruling class commits public resources to public need, the future of the Nigerian youths is bleak” he said.

Prominent guests present at the event, include the Jagun of Oyo,Chief Ayoade Adewuyi, Parakoyi Aareonakakanfo of Yorubaland,Prof Raheem Kolawole,Osi Aareonakakanfo of Yorubaland Chief Gani Kayode Balogun,Africa Union coordinator of the Oodua Progressive Union (OPU) Mr Segun Ogunpitan,Fiwagboye of Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Chief Ebudola Odedina, Oba Abdul Wahab Adio Ogunji, Papayiketa from Benin Republic, Oba Abdul Lateef Olagoke, the Onilala of Lanlate land. Others are Oba Oluyemisi Oyeyemi, Alado of Ado Awaye, Oyo state, Chief Oyegbemile Adelodun, Basorun of Iseyin land,Oba Alabi Ademola, Onikoyi of Oyuidiah, Benin Republic, and Chief Sulaimon Olanrewaju, the Akiisi of Iseyin land among others.

https://www.independent.ng/borders-in-the-north-still-operating-gani-adams/

Buhari hates to love Yorubas
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by 1Dray(m): 11:58am On Oct 25, 2019
Beosten:
You can't trust immigration and customs for cubbing banned goods because they enrich their selves through smuggling.

Two guys in our church were given immigration job slots. After about 4 years, one of them owns 3 houses, the other owns nothing. His mother now running from alfas to prophets to know why her child carries bad luck saying all his colleagues already have houses.

The difference is, one is a criminal and the other is a real Christian.
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by 1Dray(m): 12:00pm On Oct 25, 2019
Afamed:
The Maradi border between Niger and Kastina is under key and lock. I really don't know where this man is getting his information from? I really don't know why these people love playing politics with every decision of the government. The same Niger/ Kastina Maradi border that was shown on Channels TV with heavy security patrol?

What can you say about the Fotokol/Gamboru-Ngala border?
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Afamed: 12:10pm On Oct 25, 2019
1Dray:

What can you say about the Fotokol/Gamboru-Ngala border?
Ooooo.That one has been on ban even before the border closure. The axis you mentioned is a war zone which has long been manned by Nigeria soldiers. You can't even make attempt to smuggle goods except you are ready to face the consequences.
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by 1Dray(m): 12:15pm On Oct 25, 2019
Afamed:

Ooooo.That one has been on ban even before the border closure. The axis you mentioned is a war zone which has long been manned by Nigeria soldiers. You can't even make attempt to smuggle goods except you are ready to face the consequences.

Not true, not manned by no Nigerian soldiers, bought a bag of rice there. I know there because I work there.
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by LLMG: 1:34pm On Oct 25, 2019
Southerners are too foolish especially their greedy self serving leaders coupled with their cowardice who can't reason for themselves let alone for those they represent.
Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by Reptyle(m): 2:16pm On Oct 25, 2019
Briells:
Well, the video I watched was from the North, they were speaking Hausa and all, each okada was carrying about 5 bags of rice, and there were many of them, the video lasted for about 1 minute. I can't say or think for other borders, I'm talking based on what I watched.

I know that video. It's been making the rounds on social media for a while. Long before the border closure. But no doubt, it is still happening across all of the country's land borders.

1 Like

Re: Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams by cris07(m): 5:32pm On Nov 16, 2019
daragoldy:
They have a border. check out for Katsina border
happy birth day to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah Distributes Palliatives In Lagos / Lieutenants Bassey, Ademulegun, Maimalari, Umar & Aguiyi-Ironsi (Throwback Photo / President Buhari Receives Senator Orji Uzor Kalu In Aso Villa (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.