Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,254 members, 7,811,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option (8458 Views)

Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation / Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation / Five Nigerian Senators Who Support Social Media Regulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:12am On Oct 25, 2019
Vice- President Yemi Osinbajo has cautioned Nigerians against the abuse of social media, noting that it can precipitate war and violent conflict if used to misinform.
He specifically warned against using social media platforms to promote religious disinformation , which he said could easily lead to a breakdown of law and order.
Osinbajo, who stated this in Abuja on Thursday during an inter -faith tolerance dialogue organised by the United Arab Emirates , explained that he did not subscribe to regulation of the social media by the government .
He called on religious leaders to go beyond talking about tolerance to making sacrifices that were required .
Osinbajo said , “ As religious leaders and media personalities, also as people of faith in general, we share a common calling to apprehend the truth . We absolutely need to be careful in our use of social media and if we do not want to promote the kind of conflict that can go completely out of hand , we must be sure that we are policing and regulating ourselves, especially, with social media.

“ I don’ t think that government regulation is necessarily the way to go, but I believe that we as persons of faith and we , as leaders, and those of us who use the social media actively owe a responsibility to our society and to everyone else , to ensure that we don ’ t allow it to become an instrument of conflict and instrument of war . ”
The UAE Ambassador to Nigeria, Dr Fahad Al Taffaq, described his country as the global capital of tolerance, noting that the government had declared 2019 as the year of tolerance.
He said Nigerian churches were also springing up in his country, adding that the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly opened a branch in Dubai in 2017.

source: https://punchng.com/social-media-regulation-not-best-option-osinbajo/

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by helinues: 7:20am On Oct 25, 2019
Social media should be regulated..

We have so many propagandists in Nigeria that are no longer fearing God with their lies..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by emperorizzy(m): 7:20am On Oct 25, 2019
Very soon Nigeria will become North Korea if we are not careful.

17 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by Oblongata: 7:20am On Oct 25, 2019
Social media regulation is not even an option...

It is barbaric, and defeats the purpose of right of speech.

We should only plead with ourselves to say constructive things always.

The government have been unfairly attacked also

Buhari died and was replaced, he has wedding, he went into vegetative state, etc for wetin?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by franchasng: 7:21am On Oct 25, 2019
Osinban Osinban, the amiable Yoruba Christian we cherish, except that you joined the corrupt Muslim Jihadist party, the Lord will help you overcome their numerous sins and temptations hanging all around you, it is well with you, our prayers are with you.

We will rather vote you than vote for that ex convict former drug lord cum over corrupt, greedy political thug of the Southwest, we will humble him, he will only dream like Awolowo and Abiola but will never smell it until him and his likes develop sense and stop attacking and hating blessed people wink

Maybe after 30 years he has died, we will organize a ceremony to honor him as the GCFR of Yoruba thugs and Agberos, he deserves it because he worked hard for it after all grin

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by OyiboPep: 7:21am On Oct 25, 2019
I wished Osinbajo can be given a slap that will reset his head.

Which abuse of social media?

If not for the abuse of social media by people like JJ and others abusing it during GEJ's time, would buhari have become president?

He has forgotten so soon how they ascended to power.

Get a one-page secure website for your business. I have a promo that goes for ₦5k. Don't dull.

15 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by mamaafrik(m): 7:22am On Oct 25, 2019
This man shaaaaaaa,we know you have good intentions..God will see you through

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by DameB(f): 7:22am On Oct 25, 2019
True...
Always confirm information before spreading...
Also don't forward rubbish on WhatsApp

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by solmusdesigns: 7:23am On Oct 25, 2019
shocked

we need social media regulation jare.... without mods on nairaland sending dunce to nairaland kuje prison, Dunce would have scattered this platform

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by tayebest(m): 7:24am On Oct 25, 2019
true... smiley

Meanwhile, this Naira Marley new music na jam oo, he is just releasing it back to back! Music wey fit kill depression! kudos to Naira! wink
#BadInfluence
Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by OTayobami(m): 7:24am On Oct 25, 2019
It's our so called yeyebrities like some of my Nairaland broskies would call them that started it and the people's obsession with being like them!
It's so sad that SM has become another life (fake)

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by content208: 7:25am On Oct 25, 2019
helinues:

We have so many propagandists in Nigeria that are no longer fearing God with their lies..

You suddenly realized this after buhari used social media irregularities to win election? You are a hypocrite. Shame on you

11 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by AJSfan: 7:25am On Oct 25, 2019
True
Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by Idonki(f): 7:26am On Oct 25, 2019
The best president we never had

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by Tweetums(f): 7:26am On Oct 25, 2019
Beast of No Nation we are...

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by helinues: 7:27am On Oct 25, 2019
content208:

You suddenly realized this after buhari used social media irregularities to win election? You are a hypocrite. Shame on you

If you can not provide proofs of where I supported Apc while using Propaganda to win any elections, then big shame on you..

I dare you .. I repeat I dare you.

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by Tomvi: 7:28am On Oct 25, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
shocked

we need social media regulation jare.... without mods on nairaland sending dunce to nairaland kuje prison, Dunce would have scattered this platform

[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by CaptainMitch: 7:29am On Oct 25, 2019
Mumu
helinues:

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by voltron14: 7:30am On Oct 25, 2019
If it is on WhatsApp then it must be true.

Primitive mentality.
Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by content208: 7:32am On Oct 25, 2019
helinues:

If you can not provide proofs of where I supported Apc while using Propaganda to win any elections, then big shame on you..

I dare you .. I repeat I dare you.

Nonsense

Maybe you want to start by explaining this your Shameless propaganda.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 25, 2019
pastor Osibanjo.
lol
Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by ViviZub(f): 7:33am On Oct 25, 2019
Get your children educational android tablets @ N20,000 with free delivery nationwide. Go through my threads for pictures and please check my signature for contact
Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by helinues: 7:35am On Oct 25, 2019
content208:

Maybe you want to start by explaining this your Shameless propaganda.

I will repeat, big shame on you if you can not provides proofs of me supporting Apc for using propaganda to win any elections.

The attached screenshot is my personal opinions which I was very careful with cos no assertions of any statements.

Possibly is a conditional statements not an affirmative one.

I must shame you this morning . Proofs or never in your entire life, you quote me again.

Iranu

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by oyetunder(m): 7:36am On Oct 25, 2019
shocked The social media will regulate you if you failed to regulate yourself. Think Deep...and you shall see how many people the social media had regulated to oblivion.
Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by Jblaze147: 7:40am On Oct 25, 2019
Speechless �
Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by RenHub: 7:40am On Oct 25, 2019
Wow! Finally! So he can speak?

Call for our 500w mobile power bank with 250AH inbuilt lithium ion battery for your TV, sound system, PCs and light for up to 12 hours uptime
Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by content208: 7:40am On Oct 25, 2019
helinues:

I will repeat, big shame on you if you can not provides proofs of me supporting Apc for using propaganda to win any elections.

The attached screenshot is my personal opinions which I was very careful with cos no assertions of any statements.

Possibly is a conditional statements not an affirmative one.

I must shame you this morning

I acccused you of also using social media propaganda for supporting APC. That's the accusation. And I also provide proof. Don't change the narrative. You shameless braggart.

https://www.nairaland.com/5432233/caption-photo-osibanjo-meeting-supreme#82498613

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by helinues: 7:45am On Oct 25, 2019
content208:

I acccused you of also using social media propaganda for supporting APC. That's the accusation. And I also provide proof. Don't change the narrative. You shameless braggart.

https://www.nairaland.com/5432233/caption-photo-osibanjo-meeting-supreme#82498613

Are you this empty.. So me myself be wasting myself replying this half clever guy who is trying to shifts goal posts half way

Well, you have been duly noticed.. Can you now crawl back to your shells as you have no proofs of your allegations..

Exactly what the topics is all about and see how you exposed yourself cheaply.. Saying things with no proofs .

Have a shame buddy..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by solmusdesigns: 7:45am On Oct 25, 2019
Ibos and 5% vote are also chestbeating .. lets face it nobody needs your vote, you can keep it

franchasng:
Osinban Osinban, the amiable Yoruba Christian we cherish, except that you joined the corrupt Muslim Jihadist party, the Lord will help you overcome their numerous sins and temptations hanging all around you, it is well with you, our prayers are with you.

We will rather vote you than vote for that ex convict former drug lord cum over corrupt, greedy political thug of the Southwest, we will humble him, he will only dream like Awolowo and Abiola but will never smell it until him and his likes develop sense and stop attacking and hating blessed people wink

Maybe after 30 years he has died, we will organize a ceremony to honor him as the GCFR of Yoruba thugs and Agberos, he deserves it because he worked hard for it after all grin

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Says Social Media Regulation Isn't The Best Option by Tomvi: 7:46am On Oct 25, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
Ibos and 5% vote are also chestbeating .. lets face it nobody needs your vote, you can keep it

[/s]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christmas Date Controversy: Mike Bamiloye Replies MFM Founder, Pastor Olukoya / 2023: Why Rivers People Cannot Betray Tinubu – Tony Okocha / Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.