Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers (17449 Views)

Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters / FG Declares Monday Public Holiday For Maulud Celebration / MURIC Condemns January 1st As Public Holiday For Christians To Enjoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by panpan(m): 11:32am On Oct 25, 2019
We should consider the economy of the state or country before declaring extra public holidays.

At present, the number of public holidays in the country (13 or 14 each year) are too many.

At the state level, some days may just be observed but should still remain normal working days.
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 25, 2019
voltron14:

Pastors have been known to pray for armed robbers.

Imams have been known to fortify criminals of all kind.

Perhaps we should abolish all.
There are very few reports about that(pastors and imams praying for bandits).
Christianity has helped in building free schools,hospitals,good roads and other infrastructures but traditional religion have brought almost nothing to alleviate the suffering of the masses.
I spit on traditional religion for ever.
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by voltron14: 11:37am On Oct 25, 2019
Love4God:

There are very few reports about that(pastors and imams praying for bandits).
Christianity has helped in building free schools,hospitals,good roads and other infrastructures but traditional religion have brought almost nothing to alleviate the suffering of the masses.

Other religions have been oppressed by foreign doctrines.

Many sacred shrines, articles of religion have been torn down by advocates of other religions.

Does that paint them in a good light?

When we celebrate our religions all facilities associated with the dominant 2 today would eventually be associated with them.

It seems you aren't tolerant of others.

Only your way is correct?
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 25, 2019
voltron14:

Other religions have been oppressed by foreign doctrines.

Many sacred shrines, articles of religion have been torn down by advocates of other religions.

Does that paint them in a good light?

When we celebrate our religions all facilities associated with the dominant 2 today would eventually be associated with them.

It seems you aren't tolerant of others.

Only your way is correct?
Superior doctrines takes away barbaric ones(that is nature). The owners of those shrines and articles willingly accept them to be torn and burnt because their idols are evil.They are darkness already(Traditional religions) .A pig is a pig.
Our religions?
Speak for yourself .I am a christian and i wonder which politician have said he is a traditional religionist.They should no longer recognize traditional religion in this country but rather WE CAN CELEBRATE CULTURAL HOLIDAYS(the day the killing of twins was abolished etc).culture is different from a religious belief.
Are you a traditional religionist ?
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Tomvi: 11:57am On Oct 25, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

If not for Delta state Fire Service, Fire would have erased Anambra from Nigeria map
[/s]
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by solmusdesigns: 12:04pm On Oct 25, 2019
Vcblinks:

[s]
you are a very stupid bastard.can your generation of cowards and two face mongrels match one igbo man.there are successful and breaking bounds while ur hydraulic soup idiots cannot do anything about it.you marginalize them but they are more successful thanthe fools up north and ewedu fools in west and they control the commerce and the transportation systems and the imports and exports.am sure the amenities in your domain are igbo men that sold it to you.so who is the fool.continue killing urselfs thinking you marginalizing the igbo without knowing that they are still breaking bounds
[/s]

see as okoro dey cry, all this long talk ( that i didnt read) for what?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 25, 2019
voltron14:

So Christmas and Eid are fine but the celebration of gods of my forebears are to be discared?
Really,does this mean you are a traditional religionist?
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Makuos19: 12:10pm On Oct 25, 2019
Kapilta:
they dare not. They should go wail in onitsha their biggest city where fire conviniently razed for complete 5 hours without no active fire-fighter.
And their biggest city is more developed than the whole of Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Ondo and Ekiti.
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Tomvi: 12:10pm On Oct 25, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

see as okoro dey cry, all this long talk ( that i didnt read) for what?
[/s]
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by solmusdesigns: 12:14pm On Oct 25, 2019
Makuos19:

And their biggest city is more developed than the whole of Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Ondo and Ekiti.

fvcking dreamer.. SouthEast got nothing to brag about, and thats why thousands of thier economic almajiri flood our cities

2 Likes

Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by adenigga(m): 12:14pm On Oct 25, 2019
voltron14:

So Christmas and Eid are fine but the celebration of gods of my forebears are to be discared?

No, is not to be discarded, but do you know where problems lies?

Majority of our Imams & General Overseers in churches patronised our traditionalists, that's one of the reason why the traditional worshippers doesn't have camp along Lagos/Ibadan Exp. Way.

Simply because, during Redeemed programs on Friday night, you will see majority of worshippers crossing to MFM camp on Saturday morning & since our able imams & pastors are patrons of traditional worshippers, it will be very difficult to openly associates with them.

Therefore, this public holiday will be okay at least they can celebrate in camera with their traditionalists business partners.

1 Like

Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Johnboom: 12:15pm On Oct 25, 2019
FarahAideed:

I am a full Lagosian by birth ..when you have ever slept one day in Lagos govt house come back then and call me a visitor ...Lagos is my home
They you should cover your face

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Johnboom: 12:16pm On Oct 25, 2019
Makuos19:

Chest beater Spotted. The last time I checked Ibadan is the biggest city in west Africa. She has TV station before Almighty France. One tribe is noted as Chest beater.

2 Likes

Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Tomvi: 12:18pm On Oct 25, 2019
[s]
OSUigboFlatHead:

e consign u?
[/s]
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by voltron14: 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2019
Love4God:

Really,does this mean you are a traditional religionist?

Nope.

I don't believe in any.

But I respect all.
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2019
voltron14:

Nope.

I don't believe in any.

But I respect all.
You can't respect all equally.
You have to be decisive.
Take time to read about the lives of the major characters and the pratices(doctrines) of the three religions present in nigeria and follow the peaceful one.
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Kapilta(m): 12:26pm On Oct 25, 2019
Makuos19:

even more developed than dubai, infact let it be more developed than UK. All that concerns me is all i have said.

1 Like

Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by lawani: 12:27pm On Oct 25, 2019
Good development
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Makuos19: 12:28pm On Oct 25, 2019
Johnboom:
Chest beater Spotted. The last time I checked Ibadan is the biggest city in west Africa. She has TV station before Almighty France. One tribe is noted as Chest beater.
Big for nothing...Biggest city with brown roofs grin....of what use? The last time I checked Onitsha has the largest market in Africa. One tribe is noted as Mouth maker...no wonder IBB said when you are calling for war he will just go to sleep!!!
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Makuos19: 12:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
solmusdesigns:

fvcking dreamer.. SouthEast got nothing to brag about, and thats why thousands of thier economic almajiri flood our cities
And what does Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Ondo and Ekiti got to brag about grin
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by solmusdesigns: 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2019
IBB also said ibos can be bought over and over again as they worship money

Ibadan has malls , teaching hospitals , skycrappers, best universities and many development that ibos dream of, which ibo school ranks high as UI?

Makuos19:
Big for nothing...Biggest city with little or no development....of what use? The last time I checked Onitsha has the largest market in Africa. One tribe is noted as Mouth maker...no wonder IBB said when you are calling for war he will just go to sleep!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by solmusdesigns: 12:33pm On Oct 25, 2019
check IGR list of NBS, check FDI list, and check all indeces of development Yoruba states can actually buy Ibos and still have spare change

Makuos19:
And what does Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Ondo and Ekiti got to brag about grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by voltron14: 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2019
Love4God:

You can't respect all equally.
You have to be decisive.
Take time to read about the lives of the major characters and the pratices(doctrines) of the three religions present in nigeria and follow the peaceful one.

You believe you can dictate to me what I can respect?
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Makuos19: 12:35pm On Oct 25, 2019
solmusdesigns:
IBB also said ibos can be bought over and over again as they worship money

Ibadan has malls , teaching hospitals , skycrappers, best universities and many development that ibos dream of, which ibo school ranks high as UI?

E pain am grin
With your malls, teaching hospitals, skycrappers etc Yet still below what Onitsha alone has!!!
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Johnboom: 12:35pm On Oct 25, 2019
Makuos19:
Big for nothing...Biggest city with brown roofs grin....of what use? The last time I checked Onitsha has the largest market in Africa. One tribe is noted as Mouth maker...no wonder IBB said when you are calling for war he will just go to sleep!!!
and yet in terms of economic one single City from west can buy your region.
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Makuos19: 12:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
solmusdesigns:
check IGR list of NBS, check FDI list, and check all indeces of development Yoruba states can actually buy Ibos and still have spare change

Check GDP, Cash deposits for each state etc grin
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
voltron14:

You believe you can dictate to me what I can respect?
What i said is a fact.
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by solmusdesigns: 12:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
show us facts and figure dont just empty chest beat... same ontcha without fire fighting equipment grin

Makuos19:
E pain am grin
With your malls, teaching hospitals, skycrappers etc Yet still below what Onitsha alone has!!!
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Makuos19: 12:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
Johnboom:
and yet in terms of economic one single City from west can buy your region.
And what is the economy of the single city grin
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by voltron14: 12:37pm On Oct 25, 2019
Love4God:

It is a fact.

You can't speak about facts about other people's feelings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. / Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers / Maduka Dazzles Ndi Anambra In Lagos As Ozigbo, Okonkwo Present Manifesto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.