Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers (17448 Views)

Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters / FG Declares Monday Public Holiday For Maulud Celebration / MURIC Condemns January 1st As Public Holiday For Christians To Enjoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by RPirez: 1:34pm On Oct 25, 2019
FarahAideed:

Lagos is for Lagosians

Which are? angry
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Makuos19: 1:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
Johnboom:
The first Coup plotter came from where ? No wonder Presidency is like...
E pain am grin
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Makuos19: 1:37pm On Oct 25, 2019
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

The fact that you are not progressing in your village doesn't mean other people are not progressing.

Stop obsessing and worrying about other people, worry about yourself, worry about your people and progress in your village.

You are proving my point for me, you spend too much time worrying about other people instead of yourself and how you end up lining on the side of the road to watch your governor commission kerosene sharing under the hot sun.
Oga, simple question: can you truly and sincerely say you are progressing grin And you are pretending not to worry about other people....
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Makuos19: 1:37pm On Oct 25, 2019
Cosbyrich:
But the only black people known worldwide for dirtiness and pungent smell are the Igbo nah.

Dem troway some of them comot for plane sef.Too much pungent smell.Dem wan cause accident with smell. grin
E pain U grin ...sorry!!!
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by NGpatriot: 1:40pm On Oct 25, 2019
[s]
Makuos19:

Oga, simple question: can you truly and sincerely say you are progressing ;
[/s]

The fact that you are not progressing in your village doesn't mean other people are not progressing.

Stop obsessing and worrying about other people, worry about yourself, worry about your people and progress in your village.

You are proving my point for me, you spend too much time worrying about other people instead of yourself and how you end up lining on the side of the road to watch your governor commission kerosene sharing under the hot sun.

Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Makuos19: 1:41pm On Oct 25, 2019
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Oga, simple question: can you truly and sincerely say you are progressing grin And you are pretending not to worry about other people....

Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by LordPherule(m): 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
Great concept! I'd like that. Lagos is centre for excellence. Their right and freedom to any religion. For there to exist that religion, they are also entitled to their holidays as the 2 religions do have. No to segmenting!
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by NGpatriot: 1:47pm On Oct 25, 2019
RPirez:

Which are? angry

Abia people... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by tck2000(m): 1:57pm On Oct 25, 2019
And Christians are supporting this...Hypocrates!!!
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by FarahAideed: 1:58pm On Oct 25, 2019
RPirez:

Which are? angry

A Lagosian is any body who was born or lives in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Yinibixema: 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2019
FarahAideed:

A Lagosian is any body who was born or lives in Lagos
Lagos is in south west not Igbo land. So stop trying hard to make sense so even if you’re born in Lagos as Igbo, you aren’t lagosian
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by edoairways: 2:24pm On Oct 25, 2019
festacman:
Did the traditional worshippers demand for public holiday?
If they didn't why was the bill proposed at the state assembly?
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Makuos19: 2:27pm On Oct 25, 2019
Yinibixema:

Lagos is in south west not Igbo land. So stop trying hard to make sense so even if you’re born in Lagos as Igbo, you aren’t lagosian
Lagos might be in southwest but not Yoruba land grin ask Oba of lagos
And anybody born in Lagos and works/live in lagos is a lagosian!!!
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by kingolovich(m): 2:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
voltron14:

So Christmas and Eid are fine but the celebration of gods of my forebears are to be discared?
That is not what he was saying, he was simply saying the things that religion, Christianity, Islam, Tradition, should make you,
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Yinibixema: 2:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
Makuos19:
Lagos might be in southwest but not Yoruba land grin ask Oba of lagos
Go talk am for oshodi day lagos no be Yoruba land and come back to me
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by edoairways: 2:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
FarahAideed:

Lagos is suffering a dearth of road networks and even at that 70% of the available roads are unmotorable , a state where 99% don't have any access to pipeborne water supply and 80% no access to proper toilets ...do you think this is what the should be discussing today?
And you think the governor isn't aware or making preparations to solve the menace?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Makuos19: 2:30pm On Oct 25, 2019
Yinibixema:

Go talk am for oshodi day lagos no be Yoruba land and come back to me
When Oba of Lagos has already talk am grin
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by voltron14: 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2019
kingolovich:
That is not what he was saying, he was simply saying the things that religion, Christianity, Islam, Tradition, should make you,

So who was he referring to when he said "their main duty is to formulate policy"?
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by edoairways: 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2019
Awoleesu:
The problem with this is that they need to first understand the structure and mode of operation of the traditionalists...

Unlike their Christian and Muslim contemporaries, traditional religionists don't have a uniform festival. The ifa guys can have up to 200 festivals, Obatala, Osun, Yemoja, Baluaye, Esu, Eluku, Oro, Eleiye etc. Will also opt for different dates to mark their festivals.

It will turn out that Lagos might have all days in the annual calendar as public holidays!
Reasonable comment with constructive criticism

1 Like

Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Yinibixema: 2:32pm On Oct 25, 2019
Makuos19:
When Oba of Lagos has already talk am grin
Go oshodi go talk am but make sure you inform your family members so they can locate you in time
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by edoairways: 2:37pm On Oct 25, 2019
Love4God:

No politician accepts he is a traditional religionist,they either say they are Christains or muslims.
Traditional religion has done more harm than good in nigeria.
An holiday to celebrate the culture of a people is not a bad idea but an holiday for traditional religion is an anti-civilisation step .
Cultural believe has it's root in traditional religion. Christianity and Islam had make many Nigerians to despise traditional religion. They make them select some aspects and leave others in the name of fashion
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Makuos19: 2:38pm On Oct 25, 2019
Yinibixema:

Go oshodi go talk am but make sure you inform your family members so they can locate you in time
When Oba of lagos talk am what did Oshodi do grin
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Yinibixema: 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2019
Makuos19:
When Oba of lagos talk am what did Oshodi do grin
Flatty just do as You’re asked
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Revolva(m): 2:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
Very good they should do so

Cos we need our traditional days celebrated also

We are africans
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Makuos19: 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
Yinibixema:

Flatty just do as You’re asked
Ofenmanu answer my question na... grin
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Yinibixema: 2:47pm On Oct 25, 2019
Makuos19:

Ofenmanu answer my question na... grin
Olofo abinpabe answer mine first
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Makuos19: 2:49pm On Oct 25, 2019
Yinibixema:

Olofo abinpabe answer mine first
Afonja answer mine second grin
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Yinibixema: 2:53pm On Oct 25, 2019
Makuos19:

Afonja answer mine second grin
Olofo ipob oloribu answer me
Re: Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers by Osaze007: 2:54pm On Oct 25, 2019
FarahAideed:

Lagosian is different from Yoruba

Be deluding yourself
A Jebba kwara man that has never stepped foot in Lagos has more right to it than a non Yoruba man born in Lagos

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lekki Shootings: Four Generals, Others Testify Before Panel Today / Don’t Accuse My Ministers Of Corruption Without Evidence – Buhari / Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.