Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters (22948 Views)

Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation / Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers / Buhari Orders IGP Not To Invite Adeleke Before Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by 2mercy: 7:12pm On Feb 12, 2023
Police to invite traditional ruler over audio threatening, intimidating voters in Lagos

The Police Command in Lagos says a traditional ruler would be invited for questioning over a recorded audio which appeared to threaten and intimidate residents of a community in Eti-Osa area of the state.

Its spokesman, Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed this to the News Agency of Nigeria on Saturday, while reacting to the audio that had gone viral.

“The traditional ruler, a Baale, is to be invited for questioning. Intimidating voters will not be allowed.

“Everyone should feel free to vote the candidate of his or her choice
,” Mr Hundeyin said.

NAN reports that a recorded audio of a meeting held on Monday at the instance of the traditional ruler went viral and has attracted the attention of security agencies and civil societies in Lagos State.

In the 11 minutes and 34 seconds audio, the traditional ruler and one other requested the residents and those doing business in the area to vote for a political party in the forthcoming elections.

The traditional ruler, in his voice, wanted to know how many persons at the meeting had their PVCs and only about 20 answered in the affirmative, out of about 60 persons in attendance.

He wondered what happened to the rest who did not have PVCs.

“If we take the number of people here, we will not be less than 60, but only 20 have PVCs; what is happening to the rest?

We are ready to fight; yes, I am not hiding it; I have narrated everything to you. In Nigeria, there is Lagos; in Lagos, there is Eti-Osa; within Eti-Osa, we have Igbara community and by the grace of God in Igbara today, we can take our decision.

The people that will be friends with us, that will do business with us are those with PVCs and are willing to vote for our party. Nothing short of that,” he said in the audio.

The traditional ruler further said that if the people intended to vote for other political parties outside the one specified, he wouldn’t stop them from doing so, but that such will only happen “outside Igbara community”.

You want to vote for other political parties? Not here! Elections have been coming and going, we have never done this before.

The traditional ruler was quoted as saying that a lot was at stake, warning that he would not allow the residents to jeopardise his future and the future of his children.

NAN quotes a second voice in the audio as telling the gathering that only those that will vote for the chosen party would enjoy peace in the area.

The voice even requested them to vote and snap the ballot paper to confirm that they had conformed with the directive to support a particular party.

https://dailynigerian.com/police-invite-traditional/

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by Goahead(m): 7:12pm On Feb 12, 2023
No one with a working brain will vote for APC, especially their presidential candidate after what Nigerians passed through the last 8 years.

291 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by lhordspy: 7:14pm On Feb 12, 2023
How is this intimidation? We should be learned enough to know the difference between 'Sensitization and intimidation '.

I listened to the voicenote yesterday. The man said:

“If we take the number of people here, we will not be less than 60, but only 20 have PVCs; what is happening to the rest?"

It is a community(ward) meeting and he has every right to question the low numbers of PVC holders. You people will understand what structure is in few days time. It is same in every state.

I spoke to my community Chief few days ago, and he said same thing. He said there was a directive straight from the state government that the number of vote you deliver will determine the level of infrastructure you will get in return after election. So this community head has every right to question why his people refused to collect their PVC to vote.

Leave internet and witness the reality on the street yourself. The structures are aligning.

Una go cry tire.

26 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by ubest1(m): 7:18pm On Feb 12, 2023
Yoruba broke Oba with desperation, no wonder Obi didn't bother paying them omage

125 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:20pm On Feb 12, 2023
lhordspy:
How is this intimidation? We should be learned enough to know the difference between 'Sensitization and intimidation'.

“If we take the number of people here, we will not be less than 60, but only 20 have PVCs; what is happening to the rest?"

Nigeria security will deal with Tinubu miscreants in this election.
APC campaign in panic mode

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by 2mch(m): 7:22pm On Feb 12, 2023
post=120855083:

Nigeria security will deal with Tinubu miscreants in this election.
APC campaign in panic mode
If we deal with you now, you will be sending letter to UN. Letter you can’t send from Anambra where IPOB are running wild. Cowards.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by austinsmat(m): 7:24pm On Feb 12, 2023
It no go past tinubu and his low rank baales

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by lhordspy: 7:25pm On Feb 12, 2023
2mch:

If we deal with you now, you will be sending letter to UN. Letter you can’t send from Anambra where IPOB are running wild. Cowards.

Leave that kid before he start abusing your father and mother. I don't reply nor engage him anymore.

A kid without manners.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by AdaojoTheUrchin: 7:26pm On Feb 12, 2023
Thiefnubuu urchins and their 'Esin Imale' feudalism politics.

If you don't want freedom of voting that democracy offers, why no stage a coup and enthrone a military government where you can dictate to people who they should follow politically?

Seunmsg, midolian, yarimo, madridguy what do you think about my suggestion? grin

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by Jostoman: 7:43pm On Feb 12, 2023
lhordspy:
How is this intimidation? We should be learned enough to know the difference between 'Sensitization and intimidation '.

It is a community(ward) meeting and he has every right to question the low numbers of PVC holders. You people will understand what structure is in few days time. It is same in every state.

I spoke to my community Chief few days ago, and he said same thing. He said there was a directive straight from the state government that the number of vote you deliver will determine the level of infrastructure you will get in return after election. So this community head has every right to question why his people refused to collect their PVC to vote.

Leave internet and witness the reality on the street yourself. The structures are aligning.

Una go cry tire.
telling poeple that only those that will vote for apc will enjoy peace in igbara is also a sensitization right?

125 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by Jostoman: 7:45pm On Feb 12, 2023
Apc cant stop us in Voting for a candidate of our Choice including Lagos State.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by SmartPolician: 7:53pm On Feb 12, 2023
Security operatives must be deployed around Lagos to forestall any breakdown of law and order.

Imagine the yeye traditional ruler asking voters to snap and show them their ballot paper to prove that they voted for his preferred candidate.

The traditional rulers who cannot survive without crumbs from politicians deserve to be dealt with.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by Zionmdde: 7:54pm On Feb 12, 2023
lhordspy:

Una go cry tire.
I spit on u
U are beyond redemption
Let's see how urchins will survive after 25

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by Lipscomb(m): 7:55pm On Feb 12, 2023
Then only bitter unintelligent person will vote peter pandora of APC.
Goahead:
No one with a working brain will vote for APC, especially their presidential candidate after what Nigerians passed through the last 8 years.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by Drsnives(m): 11:38pm On Feb 12, 2023
lhordspy:

Una go cry tire.
Twisting the narrative to suit your bruised ego..
30 naira condom would have prevented this mistake of a child

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 1:14pm On Feb 13, 2023
No man land....that's why fake and irrelevant high chiefs cum ruler/oba can be summoned by the police..

Can the sultan be summoned..

NO MANS LAND UNLESS THE PORTUGUESE WHO OWNS THE LAND AND THE NAME SAYS OTHERWISE OR EDO PEOPLE ARE CONSULTED

9 Likes

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by christejames(m): 1:15pm On Feb 13, 2023
Some of these traditional urchins don't know the amount of inflammation 🔥 they are dipping their hands into undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by MajorOvakporaye(f): 1:15pm On Feb 13, 2023
The useless Afonja idiot should be tied and flogged till he bleeds through his nose and mouth. His gbegiri miscreants should be served same treatment.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by Brendaniel: 1:15pm On Feb 13, 2023
Why not give full details about the threat for which party the monarch is doing it for...
Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by GardenOfGod(m): 1:15pm On Feb 13, 2023
Nothing will happen... Tinubu don buy police finish.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by Realists(m): 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2023
Audio things versus Audio voters

1 Like

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by jmoore(m): 1:17pm On Feb 13, 2023
lhordspy:

Una go cry tire.
Coming from someone that spent hours writing the explanation of gazelle gagaraga. You can only deceive Babablu Bluublu bulabu.

He said You want to vote for other political parties? Not here!
Elections have been coming and going, we have never done this before. ”

Who dey cry? APC controls the police and the police invited him. APC will destroy APC.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by stealmatic(m): 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2023
Goahead:

And u think the one with working brain will vote obi or what,less than 2 weeks Ur eyes will clear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2023
Everyone should feel free to vote the candidate of his or her choice.

God bless all sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians.

God bless Nigeria.

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by b0rn2fuck(m): 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2023
Invite and lock them up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by slowice(m): 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2023
Urchins sef grin

Thieffnubu urchins and stupidity

7 Likes

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by Deejaygold(m): 1:19pm On Feb 13, 2023
grin

Re: Police To Invite Lagos Traditional Ruler Over Audio Threatening Voters by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:19pm On Feb 13, 2023
stealmatic:

And u think the one with working brain will vote obi or what,less than 2 weeks Ur eyes will clear
Gbamsolutely!!

2 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot / Uche Secondus Hands-Over To Ali Modu-Sherrif (Photos) / Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.