Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,619 members, 7,820,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos (32368 Views)

Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra / Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan / Many Pupils Dead, Over 100 Trapped As School Building Collapses In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by jarawa: 11:11am On Oct 25, 2019
Another two-storey building collapsed at Ojuelegba area of Lagos on Thursday evening, 12 days after the collapse of a three-storey building at Magodo Phase 1 in the state. A correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) who visited the scene at No 7, Rufai Street, Ojuelegba, said no live was lost in the incident which occurred at about 8:55 p.m. on Thursday.

Some of the residents, who spoke with NAN, said that virtually all the inhabitants had vacated the building before the crash but still had some of their belonging inside the building.

According to the tenants, the building actually started collapsing gradually since Oct. 18. Mr Emeka Anozie, one of the residents, said that when a window from the back flat collapsed around 7 p.m, he alerted all the remaining tenants who were busy removing their belongings to come out, adding that the entire building collapsed few minutes later.

NAN also learnt that the Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA) had on March 25, 2019 marked the building and warned the residents and the landlord to vacate the premises. NAN also learnt that LASBCA also served another notice on the landlord on May 21.

The Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Dr Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, said he immediately mobilised his team and other safety agencies to ensure protection of lives and properties in the area. NAN reports that environment and safety officials of the Lagos State Government have commenced demolition of the collapsed building.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/2-storey-building-collapse-in-ojuelegba-lagos.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by theenchanter: 11:14am On Oct 25, 2019
Old structures that fail integrity test should be pulled down or sold off to minimize loss to d owner.

but d funniest thing is that, na those old, rusty, dilapidated, about-to-collapse houses them dey write "THIS HOUSE IS NOT FOR SALE, BEWARE OF 419" in full bolded red painted letters thats brimming with full glory.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by princemillla(m): 11:15am On Oct 25, 2019
Omo this is getting too much o

May God spare us from evil.
Let's us also be wise by doing proper inspection on building befor we buy or rent. Atleast check for cracks and others to justify a weak building.

Above all, may God comfort the victims

4 Likes

Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Conceptman: 11:30am On Oct 25, 2019
Whats wrong with falling structures? Having a building stand takes alot of precautions and experience, be able to manage how much loads you are putting on a structure. I hope we can be able to manage the climate change as well. We make your building structures look classic and stand out with our great aluminium services, your windows can either be in Casement, casement with burglary, sliding windows and doors, you can reach us on 09034377258. Email: conceptaluminiumservice@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by yjgm(m): 1:28pm On Oct 25, 2019
Again.
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by deepwater(f): 1:28pm On Oct 25, 2019
Hope no one died or was injured............

walking down the stairs of that house, decided to have a few mins pause for some meditation.
i heard that rattling sound, it seemed like a reptile crawling on the ceiling board, but wait! this house has a concrete deck and not a ceiling board.
i looked up and saw a thin dark line running across the white paintings on the roof deck, it was so fast, it moved like a thunder bolt accompanied by that rattling sound, the ceiling tore apart cry

i went into a brace up position as per lessons from helicopter under water escape trainings, i received series of blows to by back and ribs all coming from falling concretes and rocks.... the only thing that flash through my mind was ..... I do not deserve this ..... i could not even say a word of prayer nor could i have scream. The sounds from falling concrete and slabs was so loud, alas i heard a voice from the ground floor shouting ... wetin dey happen, who be that ? and it went all quite.

My brains and body came up alive, i dragged my bag and raced off through what i believe was still a stair case.

October 2017.........Odoula Road Apapa......we shall never forget!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by awa(m): 1:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
No law enforcement for Lagos ni?

2 Likes

Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by RiyadhGoddess(f): 1:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
Na wa
Read my signature
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by waynejesus: 1:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
Bad news everyday.. God help us ooo
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Menance: 1:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
lwkm
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Houseofglam7(f): 1:30pm On Oct 25, 2019
cry
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by thundafire: 1:30pm On Oct 25, 2019
Bad contractors doing hurried work is dey cause and not substandard equipments,if u check u will c dey budgeted 7 million for the 2 stories building to hurriedly make millions in a year

2 Likes

Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by veekid(m): 1:30pm On Oct 25, 2019
Eko for show

1 Like

Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Facelessforum: 1:31pm On Oct 25, 2019
K
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by 24kmagic: 1:31pm On Oct 25, 2019
Na everyday day building de collapse for Lagos?

Na WA oooo.
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Blessed13(m): 1:32pm On Oct 25, 2019
Thank God no soul was lost
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by ikwedim(m): 1:33pm On Oct 25, 2019
Go to Thailand, Malaysia and Dubai see storey buildings. They are called condominium. 50,49,75 and so. But in Nigeria, even bungalow d collapse.

4 Likes

Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by iPhoneRepairer: 1:34pm On Oct 25, 2019
If you rep ojuelegba, gather here.
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Maryclaire1(f): 1:35pm On Oct 25, 2019
Thank God no one died
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 1:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
shocked shocked shocked
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by RPirez: 1:37pm On Oct 25, 2019
sad
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 25, 2019
Maryclaire1:
Thank God no one died

I see your pics... Ain't you beautiful?
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by AgentNairaland(f): 1:38pm On Oct 25, 2019
Each State In Nigeria With Her Own Problem...

Lagos Na Building Collapsing

South East States Na Fire Outbreak

Borno Own Na Boko Haram

Which Way 9ja
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 25, 2019
Anytime buhari is coming home...
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Latidoh1: 1:40pm On Oct 25, 2019
theenchanter:
Old structures that fail integrity test should be pulled down or sold off to minimize loss to d owner.

but d funniest thing is that, na those old, rusty, dilapidated, about-to-collapse houses them dey write "THIS HOUSE IS NOT FOR SALE, BEWARE OF 419" in full bolded red painted letters, brimming in full glory.
Because they are mostly in developed areas and they don't want to lose their investments early to scammers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost Me To Build 3 Bedroom Flat At Ifo In Ogun State. / How Do I Share The Rooms? / He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.