Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos (32361 Views)

Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra / Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan / Many Pupils Dead, Over 100 Trapped As School Building Collapses In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by OyiboPep: 1:40pm On Oct 25, 2019
Them know my story.
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Maldini212(m): 1:40pm On Oct 25, 2019
Cursed wasteners

Spits
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by theenchanter: 1:41pm On Oct 25, 2019
Latidoh1:

Because they are mostly in developed areas and they don't want to lose their investments early to scammers.
more like a family house, they fear a member of d family may outwit them.

1 Like

Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by chinedumoooo: 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
All these cheap Togo,ghana artisans are not helping matters in this country while professionals well trained structural engineers are looking for work to do.
Nigerians should learn to achieve their plans once and for all.
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by barinedan(m): 1:44pm On Oct 25, 2019
I don't know what is wrong with lagos and building collapse it is now becoming a tradition in that state
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Truthbites: 1:44pm On Oct 25, 2019
Lord help us
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by frowland(m): 1:47pm On Oct 25, 2019
theenchanter:
Old structures that fail integrity test should be pulled down or sold off to minimize loss to d owner.

but d funniest thing is that, na those old, rusty, dilapidated, about-to-collapse houses them dey write "THIS HOUSE IS NOT FOR SALE, BEWARE OF 419" in full bolded red painted letters thats brimming in full glory.

I hope you won't be FTC, attacking the govt for demolishing buildings when they eventually take up your advice? Because I know how all this turns out eventually.
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by investorolumide: 1:50pm On Oct 25, 2019
were is Wizkid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by theenchanter: 1:52pm On Oct 25, 2019
frowland:

I hope you won't be FTC, attacking the govt for demolishing buildings when they eventually take up your advice? Because I know how all this turns out eventually.
why should i be? U think govt will just pull down structures without prior notice?

Or u prefer loss of life?
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2019
Gforce2015:
Hope people and nyamiri didn't die..

Nyamiri and people are different...
They know themselves anyway
Stop playing with your mum's phone! Put it back in her bag!
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by MichaelUweh(m): 1:55pm On Oct 25, 2019
The fallen buildings are hungry and equally tired of the state of the nation. They now resorted to the option let's go and rest if only we will still have peace.
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by id4sho(m): 2:00pm On Oct 25, 2019
deepwater:
Hope no one died or was injured............

walking down the stairs of that house, decided to have a few mins pause for some meditation.
i heard that rattling sound, it seemed like a reptile crawling on the ceiling board, but wait! this house has a concrete deck and not a ceiling board.
i looked up and saw a thin dark line running across the white paintings on the roof deck, it was so fast, it moved like a thunder bolt accompanied by that rattling sound, the ceiling tore apart cry

i went into a brace up position as per lessons from helicopter under water escape trainings, i received series of blows to by back and ribs all coming from falling concretes and rocks.... the only thing that flash through my mind was ..... I do not deserve this ..... i could not even say a word of prayer nor could i have scream. The sounds from falling concrete and slabs was so loud, alas i heard a voice from the ground floor shouting ... wetin dey happen, who be that ? and it went all quite.

My brains and body came up alive, i dragged my bag and raced off through what i believe was still a stair case.

October 2017.........Odoula Road Apapa......we shall never forget!

for real , shit
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by almarthins(m): 2:00pm On Oct 25, 2019
Gforce2015:

I see your pics... Ain't you beautiful?

Toasting don start sharp sharp.
grin
No be only u dey see am
Ariwo ko ni music
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by frowland(m): 2:04pm On Oct 25, 2019
theenchanter:
why should i be? U think govt will just pull down structures without prior notice?

Or u prefer loss of life?

Not really. I see people asking govt to do this and do that. Same folks will turn around and say govt is demolishing and rendering poor people homeless. If govt start demolishing illegal structures, especially in Lagos, then half of Lagos building is going down.
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Zuji15(f): 2:06pm On Oct 25, 2019
Thank God there were no casualties
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Ykc2(m): 2:08pm On Oct 25, 2019
theenchanter:
Old structures that fail integrity test should be pulled down or sold off to minimize loss to d owner.

but d funniest thing is that, na those old, rusty, dilapidated, about-to-collapse houses them dey write "THIS HOUSE IS NOT FOR SALE, BEWARE OF 419" in full bolded red painted letters thats brimming with full glory.
nothing like old house the house I live in here in Vienna was built in the year 1952,many houses here in Vienna were built in the 20s ,Lagos island apart from skyscrapers built by foreign companies like berger G cappa stabilini others are standing coffins built by greedy landlord,Rome some houses their were built like 2000 years ago and is still there,do you know that Lagos landlords use gutter water for mixing cement using salt sand for decking
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by heckymaicon(m): 2:08pm On Oct 25, 2019
[quote author=Gforce2015 post=83451745]

No be some of your bloda from the yeast dey sell substandard building materials to some gullible builders[/quote

for your mind now you get sense abi.....

shame on you, stop being a tribalist
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by livebyday(m): 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2019
deepwater:

walking down the stairs of that house, decided to have a few mins pause for some meditation.
i heard that rattling sound, it seemed like a reptile crawling on the ceiling board, but wait! this house has a concrete deck and not a ceiling board.
i looked up and saw a thin dark line running across the white paintings on the roof deck, it was so fast, it moved like a thunder bolt accompanied by that rattling sound, the ceiling tore apart cry

i went into a brace up position as per lessons from helicopter under water escape trainings, i received series of blows to by back and ribs all coming from falling concretes and rocks.... the only thing that flash through my mind was ..... I do not deserve this ..... i could not even say a word of prayer nor could i have scream. The sounds from falling concrete and slabs was so loud, alas i heard a voice from the ground floor shouting ... wetin dey happen, who be that ? and it went all quite.

My brains and body came up alive, i dragged my bag and raced off through what i believe was still a stair case.

Deep
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by taneez(f): 2:11pm On Oct 25, 2019
Thankfully no one died
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by ikwedim(m): 2:12pm On Oct 25, 2019
Gforce2015:

No be some of your bloda from the yeast dey sell substandard building materials to some gullible builders
Ask anyone on those country I mentioned, they don't import any material. They are all made in their country. But can you people do without imported materialz? Even the car Innoson manufactured, yet we still d buy picanto India. So what has this got to do with igbos? Weed no good for you
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Okoroawusa: 2:18pm On Oct 25, 2019
awa:
No law enforcement for Lagos ni?
Did you read the post at all?
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Youngsage: 3:02pm On Oct 25, 2019
deepwater:

cry cry cry cry
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Originalsly: 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
Hmmm....March 25...building unfit.... why didn't they shut down the building... and had it demolished? ...couldn't do it all these months.... but can do it overnight . Prevention is not a priority.
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by webngnews: 3:31pm On Oct 25, 2019
Oh
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Cantonese: 4:10pm On Oct 25, 2019
theenchanter:

but d funniest thing is that, na those old, rusty, dilapidated, about-to-collapse houses them dey write "THIS HOUSE IS NOT FOR SALE, BEWARE OF 419" in full bolded red painted letters thats brimming with full glory.

Bros did you work in the Observer newspaper company before? You seem to be a good observer. Abi you work with Town planning before?
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by theenchanter: 4:14pm On Oct 25, 2019
Cantonese:

Bros did you work in the Observer newspaper company before? You seem to be a good observer. Abi you work with Town planning before?
bros, na observation things o.
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by theenchanter: 4:19pm On Oct 25, 2019
Ykc2:
nothing like old house the house I live in here in Vienna was built in the year 1952,many houses here in Vienna were built in the 20s ,Lagos island apart from skyscrapers built by foreign companies like berger G cappa stabilini others are standing coffins built by greedy landlord,Rome some houses their were built like 2000 years ago and is still there,do you know that Lagos landlords use gutter water for mixing cement using salt sand for decking
those old houses in vienna are still standing firm! That doesn't mean all old structures in vienna is standing firm... and yes, there are many old houses in lagos that's still standing firm.

Only those that aren't standing firm should be pulled down, c'est fini.
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by theenchanter: 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2019
frowland:

Not really. I see people asking govt to do this and do that. Same folks will turn around and say govt is demolishing and rendering poor people homeless. If govt start demolishing illegal structures, especially in Lagos, then half of Lagos building is going down.
i didnt ask them to pull down illegal structures but those that are weak and its collapse is inevitable.
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Truthbites: 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2019
Who gave approval for these buildings?who is the commissioner for works? Let's trace them...or the builders nor de dig foundation?
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by frowland(m): 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
theenchanter:
i didnt ask them to pull down illegal structures but those that are weak and its collapse is inevitable.
Oh, okay.
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2019
almarthins:

Toasting don start sharp sharp.
grin
No be only u dey see am
Ariwo ko ni music

Guy, are you jealous of my mention?

Abeg face your front trailer dey come..
Re: 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos by Ykc2(m): 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2019
theenchanter:
those old houses in vienna are still standing firm! That doesn't mean all old structures in vienna is standing firm... and yes, there are many old houses in lagos that's still standing firm.

Only those that aren't standing firm should be pulled down, c'est fini.
oga stop supporting corruption in your country ,go inside railway compound and see what colonial master's built in 20s is still there,Lagos island is a time bomb

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost Me To Build 3 Bedroom Flat At Ifo In Ogun State. / How Do I Share The Rooms? / He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.