Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,394 members, 7,819,410 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

My Journey So Far With Osteonecrosis (things I Have Learnt) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Journey So Far With Osteonecrosis (things I Have Learnt) (450 Views)

Real Life Lessons I Learnt From An Injury I Had 6 Years Ago, But Treating Today. / I am Scared O, Have Learnt My Lesson, No More Skin To Skin / Italy Has Spread Coronavirus To 11 Countries So Far (info Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey So Far With Osteonecrosis (things I Have Learnt) by abayomitheblog(m): 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2019
I started my life like every other person, had plans for the future. I want this, I want to become that.

My journey with osteonecrosis started in 2016, when I began to feel sudden brief but sharp pain in my hip. It was difficult to stand or sit, even bending was painful as hell. I thought it would get better just like other minor sickle cell caused pain that hit me.

Days went, weeks, it was getting worse. Really worse. After weeks of excruciating pain and hospital visits, I was finally diagnosed of avascular necrosis also called osteonecrosis or AVN. That day, I was sad. Like every one when they first get their diagnosis. It was a bad thing, I thought (well, it is).

Few things I've learnt

I learnt to avoid procrastination
No one knows tomorrow, so why waste time with that dream. I had dream of becoming a model and actor. I know I can still be whatever but it would have been much better if I started then. It is way more difficult to start such careers as person living with avascular necrosis

Learn everything about your illness
I learnt that I was supposed to know everything about my illness. The history, the diagnosis, the complications, anything possible.

When you learn about your illness, you stand a greater chance to defeat it because you would work towards avoiding what needs to be avoided and embrace what needs to be.

Stay active
When avascular necrosis is caused by sickle cell, read other causes here. It is mostly caused by inactivity.

I learnt the importance of staying active the hard way but anyways I learnt.

When you engage in physical active and exercises, blood will flow properly and AVN will be prevented.

It only gets better
No matter how long it takes it only gets better.

https://yomisblog.com/10-things-having-avascular-necrosis-taught-me/

Re: My Journey So Far With Osteonecrosis (things I Have Learnt) by amodu(m): 10:47pm On Jan 25, 2020
What is your condition now if I may ask
Re: My Journey So Far With Osteonecrosis (things I Have Learnt) by abayomitheblog(m): 1:49pm On Jan 30, 2020
Thank you for asking, I'm still living with it but in a much positive way. My life is heading towards what I planned for it so I can say I'm doing fine now.
amodu:
Re: My Journey So Far With Osteonecrosis (things I Have Learnt) by oxypressPlus: 4:00pm On Jan 30, 2020
abayomitheblog:
I started my life like every other person, had plans for the future. I want this, I want to become that.

My journey with osteonecrosis started in 2016, when I began to feel sudden brief but sharp pain in my hip. It was difficult to stand or sit, even bending was painful as hell. I thought it would get better just like other minor sickle cell caused pain that hit me.

Days went, weeks, it was getting worse. Really worse. After weeks of excruciating pain and hospital visits, I was finally diagnosed of avascular necrosis also called osteonecrosis or AVN. That day, I was sad. Like every one when they first get their diagnosis. It was a bad thing, I thought (well, it is).

Few things I've learnt

I learnt to avoid procrastination
No one knows tomorrow, so why waste time with that dream. I had dream of becoming a model and actor. I know I can still be whatever but it would have been much better if I started then. It is way more difficult to start such careers as person living with avascular necrosis

Learn everything about your illness
I learnt that I was supposed to know everything about my illness. The history, the diagnosis, the complications, anything possible.

When you learn about your illness, you stand a greater chance to defeat it because you would work towards avoiding what needs to be avoided and embrace what needs to be.

Stay active
When avascular necrosis is caused by sickle cell, read other causes here. It is mostly caused by inactivity.

I learnt the importance of staying active the hard way but anyways I learnt.

When you engage in physical active and exercises, blood will flow properly and AVN will be prevented.

It only gets better
No matter how long it takes it only gets better.

https://yomisblog.com/10-things-having-avascular-necrosis-taught-me/
HBOT for avascular necrosis: Those who read our articles and discard them in the dustbin are just throwing useful knowledge away. We wrote articles here on avascular necrosis but no one seems to care. Treating this condition is very difficult because the solution is to provide oxygen at the joint. More oxygen is available with increased blood flow to the joint. Hyperbaric oxygen is indispensable in this type of condition because it can increase blood flow at the joint. For AVN hbot should be prescribed. We can help sufferers of AVN to improve their condition. If there is a better option let them say!

1 Like

Re: My Journey So Far With Osteonecrosis (things I Have Learnt) by jc4real(m): 11:16am On May 11, 2020
amodu:

Baba I hail o cheesy

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Condition Maself To Not Sleeping / In 5 Minutes Remove Dental Plaque / Tooth Decay Naturally Without A Dentist / Now O Know Why It Is Important To Have Water In Your Room Overnight.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.