Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

The Great Tribulation Relative To The Time Of Rapture - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Great Tribulation Relative To The Time Of Rapture (2416 Views)

The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation / The Biblically Estimated Time Of Rapture : Mid -tribulation / The Aftermath Of Rapture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Great Tribulation Relative To The Time Of Rapture by annyplenty(m): 11:28am On Mar 06, 2020
solite3:
A day is not usually a day in human sense, for example in 2 peter the heavens and the earth would be destroyed the day of the Lord] if the day of the Lord is one literal day, then it would mean that both the rapture and the final destruction of the heavens and the earth will occur in one human day which is not true biblically because alot of events would take place after the rapture of the church including a 1000 years of Christ reign on earth.

the day of the Lord is also the day that the heavens and the earth would be destroyed.
2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

while Christ is the Lord but the day of Christ is different from the day of the Lord. The word Christ means anointed one, the day of Christ mean the period of time Christ will come and reign on earth. It takes place after the rapture
Revelation 11:15
And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

There is also the day of God Almighty even though Christ is Almighty.

Revelation 16:14
For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

And there is also the day of God again even though Christ is God.

2 Peter 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

These different days refers to the various timelines of God in which he would fulfill his purpose, each of this days may overlap but they refers to different timeline.

It is not according to me, check the bible if it is not correct, it is not enough to quote the bible but we must rightly divide it or else we end up misleading ourselves and our readers/audience. 'THAT DAY' in which context? Information was given as per what he meant when he said 'THAT DAY' which should not be ignored and there lies your answer.

Ok. Even though, we don't agree. There are people reading the comments and learning. I will ask you only two questions more and then I will end it there.
Re: The Great Tribulation Relative To The Time Of Rapture by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 06, 2020
annyplenty:

Ok. Even though, we don't agree. There are people reading the comments and learning. I will ask you only two questions more and then I will end it there.
ok, I m sorry my tone may be harsh but pardon me, I really commend your effort in your evangelism and want to encourage you to continue in your good work, God bless you.
Alright what are the questions and by God's grace we will search out the scriptures to give us answers.
Re: The Great Tribulation Relative To The Time Of Rapture by annyplenty(m): 12:12pm On Mar 06, 2020
solite3:
ok, I m sorry my tone may be harsh but pardon me, I really commend your effort in your evangelism and want to encourage you to continue in your good work, God bless you.
Alright what are the questions and by God's grace we will search out the scriptures to give us answers.

Your tone is not harsh and I have not been offended; only that I try not to go into argument. I also commend your brotherliness and humility in seeking pardon for a supposed offence.

Mathew 24:21-22
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect�s sake those days shall be shortened.

The Lord Jesus Christ said in the above scripture that great tribulation shall arise which has not been its kind since the world began and immediately concluded that if the days of those great tribulation were not shortened no flesh shall be saved and then He said for the sake that the elcts might be saved, the days of the great tribulation were shortened because of them.

Why should the days of the days of the great tribulation be shortened for the elects to be saved out of it, if the elects will not witness some of the days?

1 Like

Re: The Great Tribulation Relative To The Time Of Rapture by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 06, 2020
annyplenty:

Your tone is not harsh and I have not been offended; only that I try not to go into argument. I also commend your brotherliness and humility in seeking pardon for a supposed offence.

Mathew 24:21-22
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect�s sake those days shall be shortened.

The Lord Jesus Christ said in the above scripture that great tribulation shall arise which has not been its kind since the world began and immediately concluded that if the days of those great tribulation were not shortened no flesh shall be saved and then He said for the sake that the elcts might be saved, the days of the great tribulation were shortened because of them.

Why should the days of the days of the great tribulation be shortened for the elects tor be saved out of it, if the elects will not witness some of the days?
ok thanks. Even though the rapture takes place before the great tribulation but there are saints who would partake of the great tribulation these are called the tribulation saints, they would be killed for their faith in Jesus because they refuse to take the mark of the beast. Note taking the mark of the beast means rejection of Jesus and God and also, acceptance of the antichrist and lucifer. The pretribulation saints includes the revived israel according to the prophecy by God's prophets and paul when he said in the book of romance all israel shall be saved which are the remnant.

Romans 9:27
Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

Romans 11:26
And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

The book of revelation gave us the exact number of the remnants, which are 144 000.

Revelation 7:4
And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Also a huge number of Gentiles shall also be saved.
Revelation 7:9
After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

So inconclusion, there are people who are going to be saved after the rapture but they will go through the persecution of the antichrist and also killed for their faith.
Infact, I believe the rapture will take place, satan and his angels would be thrown out from the heavenly realm, the devil and his angels will be thrown down to the earth as written in revelation 12 all within a twink of an eye and also I believe the raptured saints would see satan and his hosts cast down to the earth as they are raised to meet Jesus. The dragon would be confined on earth, in the which he will go and persecute those who keep the commandments of God Revelations 12 by raising his own direct Government through the antichrist, Revelations 13.
Re: The Great Tribulation Relative To The Time Of Rapture by annyplenty(m): 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2020
solite3:
ok thanks. Even though the rapture takes place before the great tribulation[u] but there are saints who would partake of the great tribulation these are called the tribulation saints, they would be killed for their faith in Jesus because they refuse to take the mark of the beast.

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

You said in your reply which I extracted above that
-1. rapture takes place before the great tribulation

-2.the tribulation saints will be persecuted and beheaded by the antichrist

-3. alot of gentiles shall be saved.

From point two, it shows that the tribulation saints cannot be the elects because they are not saved out of the great tribulation. If they were saved out of it, they should not have to die horrible deaths in the hands of God's greatest enemy. It follows that Only those who made the rapture are qualified to be refered to as the elects.

And since you said from point one above that the rapture takes place before the rapture and also said in point 3 that gentiles too will make rapture, and you quoted Revelation 7:9 to bolster your point which I quote below.

How come then in verse 13and 14 John was told that the people you quoted in revelation 7:9 came OUT OF THE GREAT TRIBULATION.

Revelation 7:13-14
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, [u]What are these which are arrayed in white robes
? and whence came they?

14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

How can you explain this because you cannot come out of something unless you have been in it? It is obvious these people make the rapture because they are constantly washing their garments in the blood of Jesus (they are constantly REPENTING). They are the elects. The tribulation saints became careless with their repentance and salvation and that is why they miss the rapture. Some of them could have even died in the sudden destruction that accompanies rapture and gone to hell.

1 Like

Re: The Great Tribulation Relative To The Time Of Rapture by annyplenty(m): 4:17pm On Mar 06, 2020
[quote author=solite3 post=87216655] ok thanks. Even though the rapture takes place before the great tribulation but there are saints who would partake of the great tribulation these are called the tribulation saints, they would be killed for their faith in Jesus because they refuse to take the mark of the beast.

[/quote

From point two, it shows that the tribulation saints cannot be the elects because they are not saved out of the great tribulation. If they were saved out of it, they should not have to die horrible deaths in the hands of God's greatest enemy. It follows that Only those who made the rapture are qualified to be refered to as the elects.

And since you said from point one above that the rapture takes place before the rapture and also said in point 3 that gentiles too will make rapture, and you quoted Revelation 7:9 to bolster your point which I quote below.

How come then in verse 13and 14 John was told that the people you quoted in revelation 7:9 came OUT OF THE GREAT TRIBULATION.

13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

How can you explain this because you cannot come out of something unless you have been in it? It is obvious these people make the rapture because they are constantly washing their garments in the blood of Jesus (they are constantly REPENTING). They are the elects. The tribulation saints became careless with their repentance and salvation and that is why they miss the rapture. Some of them could have even died in the sudden destruction that accompanies rapture and gone to hell.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

1 Like

Re: The Great Tribulation Relative To The Time Of Rapture by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 06, 2020
annyplenty:

what do you mean by being qualified as an elect? Election is by grace. Every saved person is an elect.
Revelation 7 didnt say they were saved out from tribulation but rather they came out from great tribulation to heaven meaning they kept their faith till the end even inspite of the tribulation.

13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

Revelation 7 didnt say they kept on washing their garment, rather they washed their garment in the blood of the Lamb. Which is through believing the gospel of salvation.
The trribulation saints are not saints that missed the rapture. The tribulation saints are people who come to belive on Jesus after rapture.
Re: The Great Tribulation Relative To The Time Of Rapture by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 12, 2020
[quote author=annyplenty post=87219143][/quote]
Re: The Great Tribulation Relative To The Time Of Rapture by annyplenty(m): 4:56pm On Mar 12, 2020
The great tribulation has started. The glorious church which is the bride of Christ will be raptured out of it.

Stay ready in absolute repentance, watchfulness and holiness.

1 Like

Re: The Great Tribulation Relative To The Time Of Rapture by annyplenty(m): 10:32pm On Apr 22, 2020
The great tribulation has started and I have been shouting. It wont stop till the true believers are raptured out of it.

Jesus is coming. Stay ready in repentance, watchfulness and holiness.
Re: The Great Tribulation Relative To The Time Of Rapture by annyplenty(m): 12:21am On Jun 11, 2020
Don't be caught unawares. Stay ready.
Re: The Great Tribulation Relative To The Time Of Rapture by annyplenty(m): 10:06am On Sep 27, 2020
These are they which come out of the great tribulation.
Re: The Great Tribulation Relative To The Time Of Rapture by annyplenty(m): 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2020
The great tribulation has begun. Get set to escape.
Re: The Great Tribulation Relative To The Time Of Rapture by annyplenty(m): 11:43am On May 22, 2021
Time is fast ticking out. Stay ready.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saturday The True Day Of Worship? / Who Do Christians Truly Follow? / UK Charity Commission Appoints Interim Manager To Manage Christ Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.