Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado (59304 Views)

The All New 2024 Toyota Prado... What's Your Take? / 2020 4th Generation Mitsubishi Pajero Sport SUV Launched In Lagos / This Is How Much Your Toyota Corolla Engine Will Cost You In Ladipo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by cooltola(m): 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2019
Nodogragra4me:

Many of those trailers you are writing about are from China.

Mack, DAF and Man Diesel are good and reliable.

As long they are reliable and safe, then go ahead and buy it. Make sure the brakes work well also.
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by tutudesz: 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2019
hammerT:

COME, ARE U NOT A CRIMINAL?

WAT STOP U GOING TO TOYOTA WEBSITE TO ORDER YOUR BRAND NEW PRADO?

IS LADIPO TOYOTA CAR MANUFACTURING PLANT?

U WANT TO BUY THE LATEST MODEL IN LADIPO, A SPARE PARTS MARKET AT A PRICE U CAN AFFORD.(BASICALLY, U THEY FIND THE ONE DEM GO THEIF COME)

NOW, THEY DO THE UPGRADE WITH THE LATEST MODEL PARTS THEY HAVE FOR U AND U ARE STILL COMPLAINING AND TALKING VIN NUMBER.

IF ANYBODY SUPPOSE GO PRISON, IT IS YOU.
Guy your stupidity is legendary O!

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by hammerT: 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2019
cooltola:

THAT IS WHY I MENTION IMMOSUN CARS.

DONT BE FUNNY.

IT IS CALLED INNOSON OR IVM.

NIGERIANS, THINK HOME.

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by BarrElChapo(m): 5:33pm On Oct 26, 2019
My oh my cheesy
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by OlujobaSamuel: 5:33pm On Oct 26, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

04-06 RX330 and 07-09 RX350 have the same design.
Thanks for the clarification. I thought it's naija wonder o.
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by tck2000(m): 5:38pm On Oct 26, 2019
delishpot:
If people die in that car now, they will say its village people that caused it. Nigerians can wipe out a whole village if it will bring them 100 naira profit.
lol
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by tck2000(m): 5:39pm On Oct 26, 2019
dicksonadams:
Check YouTube, there are people who do this kind of modifications.

Watch 'weirdbeard Mike' , he does some of these kind of stuff.
wow
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by dROC1: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2019
Craziest thing I've seen today. I didn't know it was possible to upgrade that way back. The shape would definitely be different.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by ToniBlaize: 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2019
This is normal... Just the cut and join part tho.. But if you check on youtube there re many body modifications videos... That's the main reason for bodykit upgrade to make an old model look like a newer generation model... As far it not performance mods or infotaintaiment system upgrads.. Bodykit upgrades no be today.. Yesterday i was watching lexus lx570 2010 being upgrade to 2019...it's normal.. But it's really of no use if the millage on the vechicle is above 250k+... Or if the engine is wornout... This kinda mods re best done vechicles, That still have a decent millage say 50k to 100k...aside that.. Oga sell am.. Buy new model cheap from copart come repair... Use... I look forward to modify'n my own 4runner...tho when i ready it's preferably one orders all the part directly from the US or whereever it's been sold... Bring the mannual along and give it to a good mechanic here to fix them for you... If possible give them the online video tutorial to watch for days and understand better before they scatter ur car for you... Especially performance mods that pertains to
toying around ones engine... Abeg love-vendor and modifications different ooo.. No go scatter wetin good before say nah modifications... This is more like a mod.. Performance mod dey, body kit mods, infortainment system mods eg speakers and audio system and Tyres and wheels mods... Modifications simply has more to do with removing and replacing parts with custom made parts... But pimping often has to do with complete teardown of the vechicle or full car modifications... U can modify ur car without changing ur car paint or repaint depending on the mods u did.. But u see pimping ehn... The color/paint job nah constant elements when pimping...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Majesticniyi(m): 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

no one is dying, only body parts were modified, frame remains intact.

Bro, I usually dont come here to comment but I generally know you are an expert on cars. However, this your comment isnt entirely right. Any material scientist knows most cars are made of TRIP steel. These are steels that convert from Austenites to Martensites on impact. This also makes them generally not weldable as the materials change microstructure at the heat affected zones (except the welding is done under a carefully controlled process, which I wouldnt expect from almost any welder in Nigeria). The chances of this vehicle killing someone just increased due to the welding work done on the car. I know Nigerians generally weld cars...but believe me, that contributes highly to the death rate during collisions.

In short, the welding and subsequent mechanical work done on this car just rendered it unsafe for use.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by htweet(m): 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2019
Its business, anything to cut corners and make huge bucks! After all EFCC don't arrest for this one. grin

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by cuteralph101(m): 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
As Seen In Ladipo.. Always Ask For Vin Before You Buy A Car.

History of the land cruiser Prado

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Land_Cruiser_Prado

This is a 3rd generation Toyota Prado 2002-2009, currently being upgraded to a fourth generation Prado in ladipo Mushin.

the worst mistake i ever made was buying a car...my car has wrecked me for life. I do hope to come out of it
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by AmuDimpka: 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2019
delishpot:
If people die in that car now, they will say its village people that caused it. Nigerians can wipe out a whole village if it will bring them 100 naira profit.

They wouldn't because the chase akd the brakes wouldn't be affected

They just tweaked the fender and pumber

As for me I am not even crazy about year of production all I do is buy a great car
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by AmuDimpka: 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2019
cuteralph101:
the worst mistake i ever made was buying a car...my car has wrecked me for life. I do hope to come out of it

Just change the engine period
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by AmuDimpka: 6:19pm On Oct 26, 2019
Majesticniyi:

Bro, I usually dont come here to comment but I generally know you are an expert on cars. However, this your comment isnt entirely right. Any material scientist knows most cars are made of TRIP steel. These are steels that convert from Austenites to Martensites on impact. This also makes them generally not weldable as the materials change microstructure at the heat affected zones (except the welding is done under a carefully controlled process, which I wouldnt except from almost any welder in Nigeria). The chances of this vehicle killing someone just increased due to the welding work done on the car. I know Nigerians generally weld cars...but believe me, that contributes highly to the death rate during collisions.

In short, the welding and subsequent mechanical work done on this car just rendered it unsafe for use.

Oga this your grammar is funny

What they change is fenders and number and they are not the one that kills ....it's when the chassis , brakes and tires are changed then we can hear...cars are upgraded everywhere in the world..don't you watch love-vendor my ride

You are totally wrong here

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by paix(m): 6:19pm On Oct 26, 2019
king406:
Will they also upgrade the engine and transmission
If the need arises!!!!
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2019
AmuDimpka:

What they change is fenders and number and they are not the one that kills ....it's when the chassis , brakes and tires are changed then we can hear...cars are upgraded everywhere in the world..don't you watch love-vendor my ride

Why are you trying to Overlook the obvious fact that they plan to sell an older model car as a newer model to an unsuspecting buyer?

How much is a 2009 prado versus a 2013 prado?

The body work is only the most obvious modification. Who knows what Gazzuz did not capture. If customs stop that car it will become another story of a late model car being brought in for money of an older model.
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by computerglobal(m): 6:44pm On Oct 26, 2019
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:46pm On Oct 26, 2019
Majesticniyi:

Bro, I usually dont come here to comment but I generally know you are an expert on cars. However, this your comment isnt entirely right. Any material scientist knows most cars are made of TRIP steel. These are steels that convert from Austenites to Martensites on impact. This also makes them generally not weldable as the materials change microstructure at the heat affected zones (except the welding is done under a carefully controlled process, which I wouldnt except from almost any welder in Nigeria). The chances of this vehicle killing someone just increased due to the welding work done on the car. I know Nigerians generally weld cars...but believe me, that contributes highly to the death rate during collisions.

ok

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by AmuDimpka: 6:46pm On Oct 26, 2019
thelastorca:

Why are you trying to Overlook the obvious fact that they plan to sell an older model car as a newer model to an unsuspecting buyer?

How much is a 2009 prado versus a 2013 prado?

The body work is only the most obvious modification. Who knows what Gazzuz did not capture. If customs stop that car it will become another story of a late model car being brought in for money of an older model.

That is the obvious fact but saying that it would affect safety...that is a blatant lie...all the do is modifications and aesthetic upgrades

It has nothing....to do with safety
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by computerglobal(m): 6:47pm On Oct 26, 2019
The more you know about the vehicle the safer you will be. Run a VIN check and verify critical facts you need to buy a used car with confidence. Check the title status, previous odometer readings and the current market of the vehicle. Do as many checks as possible to ensure you are getting a legitimate offer.

Contact us for comprehensive vehicle history report
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2019
AmuDimpka:

That is the obvious fact but saying that it would affect safety...that is a blatant lie...all the do is modifications and aesthetic upgrades

It has nothing....to do with safety

Because these are the modifications that were captured?
We know how you guys roll. Aggressive denials until caught. Then the story will be how could you expect this car with the money your are paying? Odometer rollback on that car is guaranteed. We will soon see it on this platform. First body, clean ride, and all the other fraudulent stories. Who is why I cannot see myself buying from a dealer here. No way of knowing what atrocities have been hidden
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 26, 2019
Majesticniyi:

In layman's terms the body is no longer seamless. Every weld is a potential fault line in an accident.

Someone will buy this car and start complaining that Toyotas are rubbish cars

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by otunbadare01(m): 7:05pm On Oct 26, 2019
htweet:
Its business, anything to cut corners and make huge bucks! After all EFCC don't arrest for this one. grin

EFCC must hear this? Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by pacespot(m): 7:31pm On Oct 26, 2019
What they are doing to the car isn't that bad only if they can be sincere to buyers while selling it. I wish to see Nigerians translating these skills into actually building their own cars from the scratch.

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by webngnews: 7:36pm On Oct 26, 2019
Hmmm
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by vertueptime: 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2019
I would like to see thw finished work
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Majesticniyi(m): 7:56pm On Oct 26, 2019
thelastorca:

In layman's terms the body is no longer seamless. Every weld is a potential fault line in an accident.

Someone will buy this car and start complaining that Toyotas are rubbish cars

Exactly....combined with the microstructural change in the properties of the material. wink
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Majesticniyi(m): 7:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
AmuDimpka:

I am not going to even try to explain myself to you. Continue welding everything as you seem fit...infact believe what your panelbeater tells you in contrast to what a welding engineer tells you cool

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by KINGreignn: 7:59pm On Oct 26, 2019
vertueptime:
I would like to see thw finished work

Me too
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by KINGreignn: 8:10pm On Oct 26, 2019
Majesticniyi:

Bro, I usually dont come here to comment but I generally know you are an expert on cars. [s]However, this your comment isnt entirely right. Any material scientist knows most cars are made of TRIP steel. These are steels that convert from Austenites to Martensites on impact[/s]. This also makes them generally not weldable as the materials change microstructure at the heat affected zones (except the welding is done under a carefully controlled process, which I wouldnt expect from almost any welder in Nigeria). The chances of this vehicle killing someone just increased due to the welding work done on the car. I know Nigerians generally weld cars...but believe me, that contributes highly to the death rate during collisions.

Trash. In a bid to prove you learnt about strength of material in Engineering/technical class, you shot yourself in the foot.

Let's leave it as it is. Car safety crumple structure are made up of usually a minimum of 2 metallic alloys fused together either thru weldings, glue or other process tho under very carefully controlled environment

The most common metals used in crumple zones are aluminium, magnesium, light steel, boron steel, etc.

And o yes they can be welded using appropriate weld techniques.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N1.3billion Karlmann King: The Most Expensive SUV In The World / Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m / Ojuelegba Accident: Pictures Of The Container Before It Fell Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.