Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado (59313 Views)

The All New 2024 Toyota Prado... What's Your Take? / 2020 4th Generation Mitsubishi Pajero Sport SUV Launched In Lagos / This Is How Much Your Toyota Corolla Engine Will Cost You In Ladipo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 26, 2019
Flatinooooooooooosssss!!!

Very crooked!

3 Likes

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by COMPAQ(m): 10:11pm On Oct 26, 2019
king406:
Will they also upgrade the engine and transmission

That one is even the easy part!!

2 Likes

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by AmuDimpka: 10:58pm On Oct 26, 2019
Majesticniyi:

I am not going to even try to explain myself to you. Continue welding everything as you seem fit...infact believe what your panelbeater tells you in contrast to what a welding engineer tells you cool

Is it a welding engineer that hasn't fabricated anything or panel beater that the work is visible

2 Likes

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Cantonese: 12:41am On Oct 27, 2019
Rubbish article intended to confuse, deceive and spoil the businesses of others. It is a well known fact that people take their cars to big car shops for upgrading or customizing as it is also called. It is not a secret and it is an age long practice.

Almost all very good panel beaters and car painters can easily do this at the request of the owners of the cars.

Whichever way it is done, the upgrading or customization can never be like the current model of the car copied. For you to achieve this you have to change the car inside out entirely and this will never be possible.

4 Likes

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Majesticniyi(m): 4:46am On Oct 27, 2019
KINGreignn:

Trash. In a bid to prove you learnt about strength of material in Engineering/technical class, you shot yourself in the foot.

Let's leave it as it is. Car safety crumple structure are made up of usually a minimum of 2 metallic alloys fused together either thru weldings, glue or other process tho under very carefully controlled environment

The most common metals used in crumple zones are aluminium, magnesium, light steel, boron steel, etc.

And o yes they can be welded using appropriate weld techniques.

Of course, I learnt MATERIAL SCIENCE in technical class. By the way, thanks for validating the same point I made; specially chosen welding processes and environment must be ensured.

AmuDimpka:

Is it a welding engineer that hasn't fabricated anything or panel beater that the work is visible

Lol, you must mistake me for one of the engineers you know in Nigeria.

I hate the forward and backwards that ensues on NL. I'm done on this thread. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by mammanbawa: 6:45am On Oct 27, 2019
Vic74real:
Oh.God bless you for this post.ive almost fallen prey two days.almost paid for a upgraded,supposed 2009 Lexus ES 350.On checking the VIN,discovered it's bn twice accidented.Was declared by the Insurer a total write-off.And wait for this,it's even 2007.if you see the eye where I look d dealer where bring come my office.make I no spoil person biz by mentioning my city and the dealer

When I have a cheap clean title full option?
Call fast o
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by AmuDimpka: 7:19am On Oct 27, 2019
Majesticniyi:

Of course, I learnt MATERIAL SCIENCE in technical class. By the way, thanks for validating the same point I made; specially chosen welding processes and environment must be ensured.

Lol, you must mistake me for one of the engineers you know in Nigeria.

I hate the forward and backwards that ensues on NL. I'm done on this thread. Thanks.

So you want us to just believe everything you said

Na lie
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by ToniBlaize: 7:33am On Oct 27, 2019
thelastorca:

Why are you trying to Overlook the obvious fact that they plan to sell an older model car as a newer model to an unsuspecting buyer?

How much is a 2009 prado versus a 2013 prado?

The body work is only the most obvious modification. Who knows what Gazzuz did not capture. If customs stop that car it will become another story of a late model car being brought in for money of an older model.

Bro what if nah person dem upgrade am for.. No be them wan resell am? Everyone does body upgrade this days.. Even here in lekki most of the 2019 models re btw 14-16 models.. Just upgraded.. Especially prado and RX 350..some do it with Landcruiser as well.. All this stuff no hard.. If u dey conversant with cars.. Mere looking you go know say nah upgraded shii...

2 Likes

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Rapidpolystyren(m): 9:45am On Oct 27, 2019
Majesticniyi:

Bro, I usually dont come here to comment but I generally know you are an expert on cars. However, this your comment isnt entirely right. Any material scientist knows most cars are made of TRIP steel. These are steels that convert from Austenites to Martensites on impact. This also makes them generally not weldable as the materials change microstructure at the heat affected zones (except the welding is done under a carefully controlled process, which I wouldnt expect from almost any welder in Nigeria). The chances of this vehicle killing someone just increased due to the welding work done on the car. I know Nigerians generally weld cars...but believe me, that contributes highly to the death rate during collisions.

In short, the welding and subsequent mechanical work done on this car just rendered it unsafe for use.
you are totally wrong
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Rapidpolystyren(m): 9:50am On Oct 27, 2019
Majesticniyi:

I am not going to even try to explain myself to you. Continue welding everything as you seem fit...infact believe what your panelbeater tells you in contrast to what a welding engineer tells you cool
the guy is not even a welding engineer. Only fenders are changed in this upgrade and the interior can't be upgraded much. Structural integrity is still preserved

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by KINGreignn: 10:23am On Oct 27, 2019
Rapidpolystyren:
the guy is not even a welding engineer. Only fenders are changed in this upgrade and the interior can't be upgraded much. Structural integrity is still preserved

Rapidpolystyren:
you are totally wrong

Don't mind him, he's a MATERIALS SPECISLIST BY THEORY AND NOT BY PRACTICE. He had better asked the institution where he graduated from to refund his fees.
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by johnwell(m): 10:30am On Oct 27, 2019
Octopusssy:
LMAO cheesy.

Nigerians have satanic wisdom

Hahahahahahhahahahah
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Berankis: 10:41am On Oct 27, 2019
delishpot:
If people die in that car now, they will say its village people that caused it. Nigerians can wipe out a whole village if it will bring them 100 naira profit.
Sad! But you are very right!!
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by arofemites(m): 12:29pm On Oct 27, 2019
frankobinna:
What are doing with your laptop !!
Time is money they said
Forex trade is the revolutionary way
Of making money online through a broker

DM me if you want to learn how to trade
With ease
I trade with MT4

You are a Scalper!

Don't paint Forex as ABC to newbies. Even you are still learning. I could see your winning trades. They were scalped with micro pips gain.

Despite with your high risk lot size with your small account. Your pip value is 50cents.

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by delishpot: 2:22pm On Oct 27, 2019
Nodogragra4me:

love-vendor my ride does same with old cars.

But they don't touch the bodies of the cars unnecessarily. They might get the body needing some patchwork done not flat out chop off whole segments of the body and replace. Those welded places are a big risk to the person driving that car. One can't guarantee how secure they are.

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by cuteralph101(m): 7:35pm On Oct 28, 2019
AmuDimpka:

Just change the engine period
i did bought 2AZ now gear is faulty
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by AmuDimpka: 9:26pm On Oct 28, 2019
cuteralph101:
i did bought 2AZ now gear is faulty

Change the gear ... Also ensure that you have a great deal
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by cuteralph101(m): 6:39am On Oct 29, 2019
AmuDimpka:

Change the gear ... Also ensure that you have a great deal
problem is no trusted mechanics around here yenagoa, 2 scared of being cheated
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by AmuDimpka: 9:06am On Oct 29, 2019
cuteralph101:
problem is no trusted mechanics around here yenagoa, 2 scared of being cheated

You are right. Even here in lagos. Getting a trustworthy mechanic is like getting a weed in convent
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by NairalandAngel(m): 12:09am On Oct 30, 2019
shocked
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by sonety2k(m): 1:44pm On Nov 03, 2019
Really
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by fkj950ax(m): 6:36pm On Nov 05, 2019
I don't know if this is right, but there ought to be a law against these modifications.
It is wrong.
Modification to vehicles ought to have some limits.
It's easy to say it's just cosmetic modification, but some are outrightly off the charts

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Rapidpolystyren(m): 10:15pm On Nov 20, 2019
gypsey:
Flatinooooooooooosssss!!!

Very crooked!
the guy doing the mods is even a Yoruba guy, not igbo

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2019
seems it's now an every day thing grin

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by dannybrasky(m): 3:10pm On Nov 27, 2019
grin grin upgrade na upgrade.
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by snipesdam(m): 3:15pm On Nov 27, 2019
Nawao two different Prado... Seems it's now becoming a norm.
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by BamBamK: 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2019
omo mehn, shii is getting outta hand

GAZZUZZ:
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
BamBamK:
omo mehn, shii is getting outta hand

1 Share

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by KINGreignn: 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Ovoko! grin

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by mammanbawa: 10:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
The wheels on the first one are actually nice
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by NaijadrivaCars: 6:53am On Nov 28, 2019
Na wa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N1.3billion Karlmann King: The Most Expensive SUV In The World / Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m / Ojuelegba Accident: Pictures Of The Container Before It Fell Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.