Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath (2976 Views)

2002 Toyota Camry, 2004 Honda Acord And 2003 Honday Civic Which Should I Go For / Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. / Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by kingbusy: 10:31pm On Oct 25, 2019
Hello gurus in the house. Please what could be the cause of breath seizure in my car. Suddenly in motion it will drop acceleration and if I try to accelerate more it won't until I put off the ignition and restart. I have checked the fuel pump and even replaced it. I have replaced the 4 plugs and cleaned the filters. Please kindly come to my aid.
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by captainking(m): 10:34pm On Oct 25, 2019
kingbusy:
Hello gurus in the house. Please what could be the cause of breath seizure in my car. Suddenly in motion it will drop acceleration and if I try to accelerate more it won't until I put off the ignition and restart. I have checked the fuel pump and even replaced it. I have replaced the 4 plugs and cleaned the filters. Please kindly come to my aid.
You mean you car is having catarrh?
Gazzuzz.. Kingreign... Trygo... Smartchioces.. Timifakay.. Autoelectng.. Pls come and help this egbon...

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by captainking(m): 10:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
kingbusy:
Aunty radautoworks.. Pls come and help this fella
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by kingbusy: 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2019
captainking:

Aunty radautoworks.. Pls come and help this fella
abeg ooo. What could be the cause please
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by TRYGO(m): 11:27pm On Oct 25, 2019
What sort of car do you drive? Have you tried reading for trouble codes already? Try and check your catalytic converter for signs of blockage.
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by mustydeen(m): 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2019
kingbusy:

Diagnose that car, post fault code.

Service throttle body
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by boldx(m): 11:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
TRYGO:
What sort of car do you drive? Have you tried reading for trouble codes already? Try and check your catalytic converter for signs of blockage.
On point. This happened to me recently.
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by kingbusy: 7:35am On Oct 27, 2019
boldx:

On point. This happened to me recently.
I drive Toyota Camry ooo. I don't know how the catalytic converter look like bro....
Was that the solution to yours? Thanks
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:47am On Oct 27, 2019
Sounds like asthma. Try putting two Ventolin tablets into your fuel tank.

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by kingbusy: 7:59am On Oct 27, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
why do some of you guys behave like an immature elements online. If you really do not have something positive or relevant to contribute why not distance yourselves. This kind of silly behaviour makes the country loose it's values in terms of growth and you are the type that shout the country doesn't develop. Instead of you to seek for knowledge and grab it you are here behaving like a mumu. tongue tongue tongue

5 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:00am On Oct 27, 2019
kingbusy:
why do some of you guys behave like an immature elements online. If you really do not have something positive or relevant to contribute why not distance yourselves. This kind of silly behaviour makes the country loose it's values in terms of growth and you are the type that shout the country doesn't develop. Instead of you to seek for knowledge and grab it you are here behaving like a mumu. tongue tongue tongue

Just a harmless joke, sire.
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by boldx(m): 1:49pm On Oct 27, 2019
kingbusy:
I drive Toyota Camry ooo. I don't know how the catalytic converter look like bro....
Was that the solution to yours? Thanks
It blocked my exhaust.
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by kingbusy: 2:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
boldx:

It blocked my exhaust.
really? My exhaust looks very ok. The emission from it clean. But I'm so confused at this stage.
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by kingbusy: 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2019
mustydeen:

Diagnose that car, post fault code.

Service throttle body
Abeg which one is throttle body again oo ?
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by mustydeen(m): 4:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
kingbusy:
Abeg which one is throttle body again oo ?

This your again o tongue

If this happens when the car is all warmed up and done some distance, then you might probably have a blocked catalyst like someone hinted.

In all, scan that vehicle. It will save you the stress of blind fix

Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by kingbusy: 4:23pm On Oct 27, 2019
mustydeen:

This your again o tongue

If this happens when the car is all warmed up and done some distance, then you might probably have a blocked catalyst like someone hinted.

In all, scan that vehicle. It will save you the stress of blind fix
ok I see, the throttle is the one attached close to where the nozzles are beside the ignition manifolds.
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by boldx(m): 5:07pm On Oct 27, 2019
kingbusy:
really? My exhaust looks very ok. The emission from it clean. But I'm so confused at this stage.
The morning the thing happened, the car was fairly OK. The exhaust was dishing out gas but I noticed that the car had lost some driving force then while in motion, power dropped seriously and that was it. If it happens to a learner, he will force the car to drive a long distance and of course, the engine will give up. My car runs like crazy since I removed the blocked mass of metal with tiny holes.
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by mustydeen(m): 6:01pm On Oct 27, 2019
kingbusy:
ok I see, the throttle is the one attached close to where the nozzles are beside the ignition manifolds.

Here

Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by Mynewdawn15: 6:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
To know if your catalytic converter clogged or exhaust blocked. Put your car in drive, then press the Throttle to move, if you hear any knock sound from the engine at the initial movement but goes off as you drive faster, your catalytic converter is gone. Mostly the one close to the manifold.
I once experienced this and after I removed the upper catalytic converter, it disappeared,but expect a little louder sound from your exhaust after that.

kingbusy:
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by kingbusy: 7:33pm On Oct 27, 2019
mustydeen:

Here
thanks bro, I watched this on YouTube this evening. I think I have to visit the mechanic tomorrow so as to do some checking around that side as suggested . Hope they wouldn't say one is teaching them their job shadowing.
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by TRYGO(m): 8:59pm On Oct 27, 2019
Y not scan this car? You keep trying yo avoid that aspect, and looking for other options. Won't work that way. First things first na oga

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by mejai(m): 9:42pm On Oct 27, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
hehehe grin
or maybe sinusitis,

OP, carry stethoscope (scan device) and sort it out.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by kingbusy: 10:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
TRYGO:
Y not scan this car? You keep trying yo avoid that aspect, and looking for other options. Won't work that way. First things first na oga
you are on point bro. Thanks , I will do that.
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by mustydeen(m): 4:24am On Oct 28, 2019
kingbusy:
thanks bro, I watched this on YouTube this evening. I think I have to visit the mechanic tomorrow so as to do some checking around that side as suggested . Hope they wouldn't say one is teaching them their job shadowing.

Yes, you are, and no correct head tech should be comfortable with that. I wouldnt want you fiddling around me. Just carry your kaya and go.

But i think most of them wouldnt mind cool

Your camry will be fine.
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by boldx(m): 5:18am On Oct 28, 2019
I always have a scan tool in my car for the past 5 years. All the scan I did never showed me the exhaust was blocked. I wonder why? But it showed my fuel trims were all on + 10 to + 30 when the car was revved.
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by kingbusy: 8:17am On Oct 28, 2019
boldx:
I always have a scan tool in my car for the past 5 years. All the scan I did never showed me the exhaust was blocked. I wonder why? But it showed my fuel trims were all on + 10 to + 30 when the car was revved.

Nawa oo. This is another experience
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by vinzita1(m): 11:42am On Oct 28, 2019
Mynewdawn15:
To know if your catalytic converter clogged or exhaust blocked. Put your car in drive, then press the Throttle to move, if you hear any knock sound from the engine at the initial movement but goes off as you drive faster, your catalytic converter is gone. Mostly the one close to the manifold.
I once experienced this and after I removed the upper catalytic converter, it disappeared,but expect a little louder sound from your exhaust after that.

Good day
I own camry 07
I also experience your description
Once I put it on drive, then press throttle to move, I hear a funny sound, when I move faster it disappear.
I need solution pls

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by kingbusy: 3:04pm On Oct 28, 2019
Let's continue with the thread till we have a solution to this monster
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by Mynewdawn15: 12:46am On Oct 30, 2019
[quote author=vinzita1 post=83529877][/quote]

Is your check Engine light on?
If you have p0420, it points to your catalyst being bad so remove the catalyst especially the one close to the Manifold. Then you will need an oxygen sensor defouler for the bank 1 sensor 2 in order to stop p0420 code from coming up again.
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by vinzita1(m): 8:09am On Oct 30, 2019
Mynewdawn15:

Is your check Engine light on?
If you have p0420, it points to your catalyst being bad so remove the catalyst especially the one close to the Manifold. Then you will need an oxygen sensor defouler for the bank 1 sensor 2 in order to stop p0420 code from coming up again.

Check engine light is not on
Though, I have not scan it.
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by 9icetoo(m): 12:18pm On Oct 30, 2019
vinzita1:

Check engine light is not on
Though, I have not scan it.
Did you buy this car as a Nigerian used? Maybe the check engine light has been taped over or moved.
Scan the regardless of the absence of check light.
Check if you have a vacuum leak. Maybe you have gross air leak somewhere along the intake.
My 2cents though.
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath by vinzita1(m): 8:02am On Oct 31, 2019
I bought it as tokunbo
I was told it has exhaust problem which was fixed.
Then I notice the sound of which I was told it will disappear.
The sound reduce slightly but that grumbling thick sou d is their.
When driving around vicinity, it won't surface, but when accelerating for speed or climbing a hill, the sound will surface.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which American Car Best Suits Niaja: Considering Maintanance / Would You Buy This Mansion On Wheels With A Garage For £1million? / ABS Code 39 On 1998 Toyota Camry, Pls Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.