Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? (1380 Views)

This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) / Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by MiKenny(f): 4:59pm On Nov 11, 2010
If your guy dropped down on one knee tonight and pledged his undying devotion to you, but there was no ring and no promise of a ring—heck, no mention of a ring—would you say yes? Or do you really, really think that every proposal should come with a ring? Be honest!

Personally, I like that a ring implies some level of commitment. Your guy’s not just proposing on a whim or because he’s had one too many glasses of wine. He’s thought about your future and made some sort of investment in it—even if it’s only $50.
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by r231(m): 5:03pm On Nov 11, 2010
oh well grin

maybe he can't afford the ring yet
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by Creamish(f): 5:11pm On Nov 11, 2010
Professing undying devotion is a bold step . . if he cant afford d ring right now, dosnt mean u wont get d ring later if he decides to marry u . . .d ring isnt a guarantee dat he'l marry u . .iv seen enuff cases to know.
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by MiKenny(f): 5:14pm On Nov 11, 2010
May be you are right
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by tpia5: 5:19pm On Nov 11, 2010
who's the guy.

does his nl name start with b

i know he said he was looking for a second or third wife sometime ago.
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by MiKenny(f): 5:24pm On Nov 11, 2010
Honestly, i wouldnt take him seriously if i didnt get some sort of ring, I wouldnt start any plans toward a wedding without one. And it doesnt have to be expensive. Im perfectly happy with whatever you pick out especially if it comes from the heart and you put a lot of thought into it,
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by r231(m): 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2010
Mi_Kenny:

Honestly, i wouldnt take him seriously if i didnt get some sort of ring, I wouldnt start any plans toward a wedding without one. And it doesnt have to be expensive. Im perfectly happy with whatever you pick out especially if it comes from the heart and you put a lot of thought into it,

what happened to faith

well i guess women are different

when i propose to mine couple of yrs ago,

didn't have no ring and she has been planning dis wedding for bout 2yrs now
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by Creamish(f): 5:33pm On Nov 11, 2010
Mi_Kenny:

U can always start wedding plans without a ring and get the ring later . . .  as long as d ring arrives before the wedding itself . .its all good. Dont let it delay ur plans if both of u have sought the consent of ur parents.
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by baslone: 5:34pm On Nov 11, 2010
When you are blindly in love with your man, you wouldn't care or notice!

This doesn't go down well with the desperate girls anyway!
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by MiKenny(f): 5:40pm On Nov 11, 2010
maybe you are rihgt as am not desperate but rather needs committment
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by 190: 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2010
I have proudly engaged 11 different girls and 200 concubines

without a ring

Just presented 200 goats and 300 cartons of cow milk to their father

and i was engaged,

they are bak in nigeria waiting for me to return (make dem de wait)
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by kay177(m): 6:44pm On Nov 11, 2010
The ring to me is just an outer expression of commitment I think the inner mind commitment and honesty is far more better, a man can give a lady a ring but that might be a short time security for the relationship.
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by freecocoa(f): 8:47pm On Nov 11, 2010
Forgive my ignorance,i thought the proposal with ring thing only happen in the movies?
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by hbabe(f): 8:55pm On Nov 11, 2010
These days guys propose first before getting the ring. So I will accept a proposal without an engagement ring
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by livedit(f): 9:47pm On Nov 11, 2010
Yes. A ring is always nice to have for many. But to this woman, it's not a requirement. You feel me? As long as I know he meant it from his heart and backed it up on how he treats me. I'm good. I'm not into jewelry like that anyway's. I like earrings more than I do rings. All I want is his heart, because then I know I have him. wink You can have a man propose with the biggest rock ever and then she still don't have his heart. Bottom line, he confessed that he is in love with me and want to spend the rest of his life with me and then gave me his heart. I'm good, the ring you can always get later. I'm a simple chic that enjoy simple things in life! What can I say? wink
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by iice(f): 8:35am On Nov 12, 2010
No mention of ring? I will mention it shio. . .why pesin go fear? All these irrationalities undecided
And i can wait for a ring but i want a ring grin It's the only jewelry i adore so yes i want one. I want a humongous rock the size of the earth grin grin Seriously though, the ring must be fine, even if it's made out of wood, it must be fine.
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by SALady(f): 9:15am On Nov 12, 2010
r231:

oh well grin

maybe he can't afford the ring yet

Then he must just shut the f^c# up. I honestly dont need a ring, save that money for lobola. Just get your uncles to send my family a letter asking for my hand in marriage as well as commence the lobola negotiations.

Otherwise if you cant afford any of that just sharraap! and dont ever buy me a stupid engagement ring, buy me a wedding ring instead.
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by r231(m): 10:13am On Nov 12, 2010
^^^^ ;d ;d ;d
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by baslone: 11:09am On Nov 12, 2010
SA Lady:

Then he must just shut the f^c# up. I honestly dont need a ring, save that money for lobola. Just get your uncles to send my family a letter asking for my hand in marriage as well as commence the lobola negotiations.

Otherwise if you cant afford any of that just sharraap! and[b] dont ever buy me a silly engagement ring, buy me a wedding ring instead.[/b]

W .O .R .D!!!
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by SALady(f): 11:44am On Nov 12, 2010
@r231 and @baslone, please guys i hope you dont get me wrong. As most ladies would agree, that it is nice to know that your man actually thinks of you as the woman he'd like to spend the rest of his life with. But then again, I woudnt want to end up with an angagement ring until my fingers catch arthritis yet no wedding day, auwa! no way. LOL!
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by Creamish(f): 11:50am On Nov 12, 2010
SA Lady:

@r231 and @baslone, please guys i hope you dont get me wrong. As most ladies would agree, that it is nice to know that your man actually thinks of you as the woman he'd like to spend the rest of his life with. But then again, I woudnt want to end up with an angagement ring until my fingers catch arthritis yet no wedding day, auwa! no way. LOL!

. . my point exactly . . . iv had friends dat have even gone as far as traditional wedding but their white wedding never saw d light . . its not all about engagement rings oo . . till the "I DO" is said in the church, d ring is useless grin
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by baslone: 1:11pm On Nov 12, 2010
Yes we are still saying the same thing in different ways! grin
Re: Almost-engaged Girls: Would You Accept A Proposal That Didn’t Come With A Ring? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 12, 2010
try asking Hollywood stars how much they spend on diamond rings only to breakup
as soon as is convenient for them

the ring doesnt matter and as was rightly pointed out,

untill the wedding day the ring doesn't make sense

(1) (Reply)

Hey!..check Dis Girl Out And Decide / Is It Wrong For A Lady Being The First To Move For Sex In A Relationship? / Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.