Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? (1133 Views)

What Do You Do When You Like A Guy Who Has A Girlfriend Already? (VIDEO) / What I Often Do With Cucumber / Why Am I Often Told I'm A Womanizer Even though I'm Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by ElasticStone(m): 10:18am On Oct 26, 2019
Guys, about four years ago when I was engaged in home tutorials in Lagos, I observed that almost all the girls in their teens always asked if I had a girlfriend. When I was first asked by my first client's daughter in Lekki, I thought she just wanted to bond because it is easier for students to learn well when they're free with their tutors so I answered her but jokingly and even made up some stories just to redivert back to the main subject. The next day, she asked me to fast forward and teach her about sexual reproduction - which was in her biology syllabus btw but I was just too uncomfortable. Couldn't believe a 14 year old could make me speechless. Had to lie that I don't know much about that topic and I scored very low marks in that area during my secondary school days. Luckily for me, I was about rounding up with that client, so I zoomed off.

Same thing repeated with another client but hers was slightly different. She kept pressing to know my real age and if I have a girlfriend. This one was about going to SS3 and was 16yeara old.

I had totally forgotten about these incidents since I no longer take tutorials but yesterday when I got back home, I saw some students, who were my neighbour's children, struggling with their maths homework. Well, I helped them and they were awed at the ease with which I solved and explained the problem to them. I smiled and told them I had been a tutor once. Next thing is that they started making jokes about how my girlfriend would enjoy.

Question is, what could be making teens these days curious about s*x or could it be that I am just too free with them? shocked

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, farano, Rocktation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 26, 2019
It is because they want you to service their kpekus. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 26, 2019
My dear dont mind them. Most dont have responsible adults to guide them. Others cause of peer pressure.

Btw are you handsome?

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by Newguyhere: 10:38am On Oct 26, 2019
if fit be trap oo my guy grin
No go fall victim.

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by BlackHummer(m): 10:39am On Oct 26, 2019
NuissancePolice:

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by BlackHummer(m): 10:41am On Oct 26, 2019
Op, girls during that age are usually very curious about bad things. You seem to be a nice guy else some tutors might have taken advantage of them. Were u a private totur or you worked under an outsourcing firm?

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by ElasticStone(m): 10:43am On Oct 26, 2019
NuissancePolice:

Lol
Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by ElasticStone(m): 10:44am On Oct 26, 2019
RedCreme21:
My dear dont mind them. Most dont have responsible adults to guide them. Others cause of peer pressure.

Btw are you handsome?

#bolded, aswear I can't tell. But I definately would not be at the bottom of the pot in an average group of 15 to 20 guys
Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by ElasticStone(m): 10:45am On Oct 26, 2019
Newguyhere:
if fit be trap oo my guy grin
No go fall victim.

E fit be o. I thought as much. Na why I dey always japaa grin
Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 26, 2019
Na only female clients you dey get? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by ElasticStone(m): 10:48am On Oct 26, 2019
Zita55:
Na only female clients you dey get? undecided

I taught about 8 students and like 5 or so were girls between ages 13 and 17
Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by ElasticStone(m): 10:49am On Oct 26, 2019
BlackHummer:
Op, girls during that age are usually very curious about bad things. You seem to be a nice guy else some tutors might have taken advantage of them. Were u a private totur or you worked under an outsourcing firm?

Under an outsourcing firm. Prepclass to be precise.
Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by Apination(m): 10:50am On Oct 26, 2019
ElasticStone:
Guys, about four years ago when I was engaged in home tutorials in Lagos, I observed that almost all the girls in their teens always asked if I had a girlfriend. When I was first asked by my first client's daughter in Lekki, I thought she just wanted to bond because it is easier for students to learn well when they're free with their tutors so I answered her but jokingly and even made up some stories just to redivert back to the main subject. The next day, she asked me to fast forward and teach her about sexual reproduction - which was in her biology syllabus btw but I was just too uncomfortable. Couldn't believe a 14 year old could make me speechless. Had to lie that I don't know much about that topic and I scored very low marks in that area during my secondary school days. Luckily for me, I was about rounding up with that client, so I zoomed off.

Same thing repeated with another client but hers was slightly different. She kept pressing to know my real age and if I have a girlfriend. This one was about going to SS3 and was 16yeara old.

I had totally forgotten about these incidents since I no longer take tutorials but yesterday when I got back home, I saw some students, who were my neighbour's children, struggling with their maths homework. Well, I helped them and they were awed at the ease with which I solved and explained the problem to them. I smiled and told them I had been a tutor once. Next thing is that they started making jokes about how my girlfriend would enjoy.

Question is, what could be making teens these days curious about s*x or could it be that I am just too free with them? shocked

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, farano, Rocktation
Be open with them and point out the dangers involved. You were in a vantage position to teach and you forgot that morals is part of the things you get to impact on those kids, if they were free to talk to you about it be glad and teach them, not by running away because the next person might not have the necessary self control not to take advantage of their naivety.

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 26, 2019
ElasticStone:

#bolded, aswear I can't tell. But I definately would not be at the bottom of the pot in an average group of 15 to 20.
well thats how we are. With all the hormones flooding our system... grin Just dont get tempted. Or put yourself in a spot you'll later regret. Avoid being alone with the younglings. If rejected, they might accuse you of rape.
And you know how our justice system is undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by ElasticStone(m): 10:51am On Oct 26, 2019
Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by ElasticStone(m): 10:53am On Oct 26, 2019
RedCreme21:
well thats how we are. With all the hormones flooding our system... grin Just dont get tempted. Or put yourself in a spot you'll later regret. Avoid being alone with the younglings. If rejected, they might accuse you of rape.
And you know how our justice system is undecided

Yea, true. Thankfully, i don't deal with minors these days.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 26, 2019
I think within that age bracket, they're often curious and excited about anything relating to sexuality. For me, I try to be professional about topics like this whenever it arises. You may never know how far it would help them.

3 Likes

Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by BlackHummer(m): 10:58am On Oct 26, 2019
ElasticStone:

Under an outsourcing firm. Prepclass to be precise.

Oh I see. I though as much
Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 26, 2019
ElasticStone:

Lol

No be truth I talk?
Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 26, 2019
Apination:

Be open with them and point out the dangers involved. You were in a vantage position to teach and you forgot that morals is part of the things you get to impact on those kids, if they were free to talk to you about it be glad and teach them, not by running away because the next person might not have the necessary self control not to take advantage of their naivety.

Nice one
Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 26, 2019
DanXplore:

I think within that age bracket, they're often curious and excited about anything relating to sexuality. For me, I try to be professional about topics like this whenever it arises. You may never know how far it would help them.

Best comment so far...

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 26, 2019
Joystark my loving girlfriend. Have male students demanded s*x chat from you before?
Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by Joystark(f): 7:46am On Oct 27, 2019
NuissancePolice:
Joystark my loving girlfriend. Have male students demanded s*x chat from you before?

Quote me again and risk castration.
Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 27, 2019
Joystark:

Quote me again and risk castration.

Oh no. What could have upset my sweetheart?
Re: Why Am I Often Asked If I Have A Girlfriend? by habsydiamond(m): 8:43am On Oct 27, 2019
NuissancePolice:
I go make sure say dem flog you till you faint....just like this!!!! grin

(1) (Reply)

Slay Queen Laps Old Man Inside A Bus ? / Nigerian Lady Calls Out Guys With Small ”carrot” That Cast Girls Who Are Not Swt / Regina Daniel Brags To Empty Shoprite Shoppin Mall As Peter Okoye Throw Challeng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.