Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,691 members, 7,820,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... (55796 Views)

Re: About My Elder Brother Who Does Not Care About Us / My Sister In Law Is Disgracing My Family And My Husband Does Not Care. / Lovely Photo Of Couple Kissing But Their Baby Does Not Show One Bit Of Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by Elfather12: 4:39pm On Oct 27, 2019
Na Dr omoregie type be that, I know his family very well and I da pity for them , the man wicked but one day me as his friend go expose him . Uk bugger
Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by ahiboilandgas: 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2019
jclassiq:

Pls can we talk in the email:classiq87@gmail.com

Thanks
about?
Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by pocohantas(f): 4:44pm On Oct 27, 2019
DJperdurabo:

Expected more from you. A deeper insight to the issue at hand.

Well, you weren't put here to live up to my expectations anyway.

Guy, you sef get brain na and fingers too. Give your own on insight- hopefully there are people who look forward to it. wink
Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by midnighter(f): 4:50pm On Oct 27, 2019
Sylver247:
A lot of people here do not understand where the op is coming from. They have never been in these situation before, they are just replying based on their imagination.

If you were born and lived all your younger years in a very close knit, loving and caring family like the op, you would understand how it feels to suddenly loose one of your siblings, not to death but to disagreements. Your sibling is alive but it seems like he's dead, you see you brother relating very well with others, helping others, he's known as a great guy who's always ready to help. But to your family, he doesn't care.

I'm not surprised that it started after he got married. It always does. To those saying leave his wife out of this, yall don't know anything. If his wife is not responsible, who is? You guys don't understand the extent of women's influence on men. Some of them go to the extent of using spiritual means to turn men into sissies, in connection with the wife's mother.

People don't just change overnight. If the brother was fed up with them, he would have shown that a long time ago when he wasn't that comfortable. The truth is that he still loves his family but a lot of things are happening underground which only the wife and her family know.

Op, there is nothing you can do in this situation other than keep living your life. It's hard but that's the reality. The more you try to force it the worse it becomes. Let your family continue living their lives and ignore him. He will come to his senses if he wants to.

I agreed with you until you started about the wife, you also used your own imagination there!

You didn't see where he said that they actively opposed the marriage partly due to the girls family circumstances?

So it didn't just "start after he got married" organically. They actively instigated it and pushed their brother away thus.

5 Likes

Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by chris81964(m): 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2019
johnmba:

He did not deprive himself anything. He works with shell(manager) and helps alot of people in the company. Sometimes people he helped wondered why am working in a hospital for someone that read engineering.

Why are they wondering? If it bothers them that much why don't they help you? They should be paying it forward instead of engaging in silly talk. They are showing themselves as ingrates and undeserving of help. And why is it your business who he helps? You should also ask yourself why you are working at a hospital if you are an engineering major. Being a manager does not mean one makes a hiring decision.
You folks get it wrong with your expectations of a salaried individual. He is a salaried employee with real time expenses.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by davillian(m): 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2019
CanadianNaija:

Sorry about that, at least when he marries tomorrow no one will say it's his wife that changed him.
He changed when he started making money he wasn't like that before

2 Likes

Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by shadeyinka(m): 4:58pm On Oct 27, 2019
johnmba:

He did not deprive himself anything. He works with shell(manager) and helps alot of people in the company. Sometimes people he helped wondered why am working in a hospital for someone that read engineering.
Three things:
1. Have you asked him for placement at Shell?
(Don't assume he aught to know: others too ask before he takes action).
2. Are you highly qualified for what you are asking for?
(Some cases are difficult to defend before your boss)
3. Does your brother's influence cover your area of expertise?
(Your area of expertise is Engineering but your brother may have his sphere of influence in Administration)

But the most important thing is to ASK him: prepare your CV like you are meeting a person not related to you.

Finally:
If you can all relate, let things be. I feel that Unconsciously you have all put the blame on the wife. Sorry, you cannot be his friend while rejecting his wife. It is not possible!

Become a friend of the wife and you will become his friend.QED!

1 Like

Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by midnighter(f): 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2019
DJperdurabo:

I'm beginning to think the wife has nothing to do with this.

The issue is with the man. You may be surprised how hard the woman is fighting for the family but Oga, nor gree, he prefers to hide behind the "Una no accept my wife" pillar thus placing suspicion on the innocent wife. A lot of women are suffering for things they are totally innocent of in today:s marriages.

Yes! They will have an issue with their family but leave the wife to stand up for them both so that he can look like a nice guy
Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by chris81964(m): 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2019
johnmba:

All I explained happened some years back.

We don't depend on him for money. We are all hustling our own but he is our brother. I don't call him to ask for money but I should be able to call my own blood brother and talk with him.
It sounds like you folks burnt the bridge and expects him to erect one for your convenience. He was never close to you. He was close to the oldest. What are you calling him to talk about when you never had a relationship when you were younger?
When was the last time you took a gift to him on his birthday or when he gave birth to children? Did you buy diapers when they gave birth? Did any member of the family attend baby showers or baptisms?
He is suddenly family because you work in a hospital, what effort did you make to invest in a relationship when you were younger? Did your family ever apologize to him or his wife for your treatment of her? You obviously are not as superior as you all believed abi?
Your older brother that got a gift what did he ever give to his nieces or nephews as gifts from an uncle on their birthdays? When was the last time you took them out? What relationship have you attempted to establish with the kids?
You are talking about you and what the others needs? Talk about what you have done for a change.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by chris81964(m): 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2019
Creamcustard:
@OP
It is shocking how you have downplayed the huge contribution your brother has made to your lives.He is your sibling and not your parent and yet he was paying fees, giving money for business and he even gave a car.You even said he did not deprive himself of anything to make these sacrifices.No wonder he avoids all of you.

You are saying no one is asking for money or anything but your posts are saying otherwise: 1. you have mentioned that people wonder why your brother works in shell and you an engineer in a hospital
2. You have said your elder brother is not moving. 3. He wanted to marry and did not receive any support from your family but got criticism on top of it.

Let's not kid ourselves here, once he let's you all in, the requests will start piling in.

It is extremely off putting and creates strains in relationships.

Maybe your brother cut you all off so he and his nuclear family can progress, i imagine if he kept carrying you all, he would be stuck catering to you forever and depriving his family of the kind of lifestyle appropriate.

The fact that he would rather render assistance to strangers than to you all speaks volumes and reinforces the fact that he must see you all as life draining and toxic to his well being.

Fortunately, relationships cannot be forced. Pour your energy into making yourself rich too and focus on your own family.

Well said

1 Like

Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by midnighter(f): 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2019
CanadianNaija:

Then call him, and check on him. Just don’t visit him and take the gist of his house to go and gossip back home. He gives you money to eat out, but you had to point out that his wife doesn’t like to cook, I wonder how that’s your problem when you’re not her husband.

What Do you know how painful it is to go and visit somebody and they can't even offer you a glass of water?

Forget that they were fighting the wife for a second, on a normal day is that thing okay by you
Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by Cuteamigo1(m): 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2019
madridguy:
You welcome bro, i don't know where people get the orientation of " leave your brother alone " grin

They like to form woke. At the end they just make me laugh.
Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by midnighter(f): 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2019
DJperdurabo:

I stopped bothering to quote and enlighten them.

Leave them be. The OP should be wise enought to pay attention to relevant posts and not these balderdash from folks who didn't read, read and couldn't comprehend or follow up on OP's comment.

A lot of times I wonder why people bring deep and troubling issues here? While I agree that there are matured and sensible folks who may throw light on these issues, the majority are just here to just "type" nonsense never knowing how they may be worsening issues depending on the psychological make-up of the individual asking for help or advice.

I tell folks to be careful what they say to others needing help as you might just be saving or killing a life. If the issue is beyond your level of wisdom, gently waka pass rather than confounding issues

Imagine folks attacking the OP inspite of repeated clarifications he's made...you can tell the OP is hurting deep inside and folks here are reducing the issue to "entitlement", "wicked wife", "lazy brother" etc.

Jeez!

Thank you! People just remember their own past but won't read the topic to see if it matches or not. All their anger with their own relatives will be coming out instead of what the OP needs

They brought out some interesting perspectives but without relating it back to the post
Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by Fhemmmy: 5:15pm On Oct 27, 2019
DJperdurabo:

Begging your pardon, why do y:all keep feeling wives are the reason husbands act funny towards extended family?

Yes, I agree it abounds, but, we gotta fight the stereotype, in a lot of cases it isin't so. Some men are just who they are...they won't change. The wife may have absolutely nothing to do with his attitude.

In this case, read the story well....
The family was against the woman from the start
The man already got pissed off
The man later came around but relationships never remain same
By the way, a real honest relationship where a man loves his wife and vice versa, once people try to separate a loving couple, they will bear the trouble that comes with it, we need to learn to allow couples deal with their issue alone

1 Like

Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by NovusHomo(m): 5:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
johnmba:
Fellow NL . Am bringing this issue to seek advice.

I come from a family of 7, we are all graduates except the first son who is into business. The second son is very very rich,he works with a big multinational company.

When we were growing up he hardly play with us the younger ones but he was close to the first son. But he totally changed after he got married 15years ago. Though our parents did not initially support his marriage because of the girls background (her father died and the mum went back to her house with the daughter) and her character too. My brother got angry and said nobody should visit him or ask him for money. He used to help us in school.

Later my parents accepted and gave their support but since then my brothers attitude towards us really changed. Each time I visit him , he does not give me money in the presence of the wife. Also he usually give me money to go and eat outside because she hardly cook(maybe cos of the initial rejection)

The way he talks to the first son is degrading and he hardly pick our calls. The first son business is not moving at all but he does not care though he has given him money and car some years back and they don't talk to each other again. On several occasions people have told the third son why his brother refused to help his family. They said he helps people alot in the multinational company and he is a very nice guy.

Please what do we do? I don't want this separation to continue till death.. Our children are watching and I want us to relate as brothers and sisters.

Nb.
[b]Nobody is calling him to ask for money. Am an engineer but works in a hospital. All we want is that brotherly love. Since I finished school I have not asked him for money likewise some of my siblings[/b].

How do we bring him back

Leave him alone. Carve your own path. Y'all want brotherly love? Well, that sounds like money to me. You are all graduates except your rich brother. God knows how you used to look down on him. God also knows that he helped you all somewhere along the way. When your demands got too overwhelming, he changed. And now you want him back. He does not need your exploiting asses. PERIOD!

1 Like

Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by madridguy(m): 5:30pm On Oct 27, 2019
Ameen. Thanks boss.

dairykidd:

Your father was a great man.. may he continue to rest.

1 Like

Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by midnighter(f): 5:32pm On Oct 27, 2019
khalids:

If his wife was your sister and she does not cook when you go to her house, will it be an issue

I agree with everything you said except this sentence

If you go to somebody's house and they don't give you something to eat then it's a humongous issue oh

That's if you people are not fighting. I can't go to my sisters house and there's no food and two of us would be sitting there looking at each other, no way on earth

1 Like

Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by madridguy(m): 5:32pm On Oct 27, 2019
Forming Oyinbo for naija grin

Cuteamigo1:

They like to form woke. At the end they just make me laugh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by jclassiq(m): 5:36pm On Oct 27, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
about?

Well, business for instance
Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by madridguy(m): 5:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
" On several occasions people have told the third son why his brother refused to help his family. They said he helps people alot in the multinational company and he is a very nice guy."

Cut from the OP's statement.

franchasng:
OP, the only thing I want to tell you is: YOUR BROTHER IS NOT RICH, HE IS VERY FAR FROM BEING RICH. HE IS A JUST A SALARY EARNER. He is just a salary earner and I am sure he is not earning up to 20million naira in a month, and even if he is the overall MD of that company, he can't earn up to 20million in a month unless he is stealing company's money like most Nigerian civil servants do angry angry

Pity your brother....I know lots of people who were top managers in international oil firms, etc, but as soon as they got retired, they disappeared, some relocated abroad to escape Nigerian hardship....so stop seeing your brother as a rich man because he doesn't own the company.

If your brother owned the company or owned a big, successful business, then you can use that world, but no salary earner is rich unless the ones that steal their employer's money by inflating contact prices, collecting kickbacks and doing shady deals most Nigerian civil servants do that make them look rich angry angry

@Madridguy, you made lots of point, but this op's brother is not rich, maybe his income cannot foot the family's bills to the satisfaction of the op and his siblings; they are overestimating their brother's worth.....so don't compare the op's brother, a salary earner with Lind Ikeji that earn over 50million or more in a month.

What Linda Ikeji earn from Google Adsense alone will pay the op's brother, so don't compare them my brother....

But yes, Linda is a wonderful lady....I cherish her for the love she have for her siblings, helping them come up.....honestly, financially successful females help their family more than rich males. Most Nigerian men are scum when it comes to helping their siblings and immediate family, instead they always focus on helping their wife's family more, sadly cry cry
Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by Id6019: 5:44pm On Oct 27, 2019
My brother keep praying. In addition to that, your mother needs to move closer to the wife and your brother in case there are issues to trash out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by ahiboilandgas: 5:48pm On Oct 27, 2019
jclassiq:

Well, business for instance
list it here.....

1 Like

Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by madridguy(m): 5:49pm On Oct 27, 2019
Ameen and you.

anonymuz:
God bless you with this orientation.
Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by madridguy(m): 5:51pm On Oct 27, 2019
Good quote.

idesylvester:

With these, I swear I don't mind taking u out... when we remember our own blood God will definitely see reasons to elevate us more

1 Like

Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by sixtus3606(m): 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2019
Shibaraba:
Similar to mine ....
My advice
Leave him alone oooooo.
His money. His life. Na him Sabi.
I used my brothers success to propel myself. I hustled so hard so that they won't call me millionaires brother. "See that guy you no know am, two of his brothers na Oga for saipem. Them be millionaires ".
Nah. I changed it to "See that guy, na millionaire " Notice the difference? "
When the time comes their eyes dey open. It always does. God bless your hustle

Mine is even worse than that of OP. But this your advice and analysis entered my marrow.

HUUUUSSSSTLLLLE!
Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by madridguy(m): 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2019
Na baba Buhari dey give me inspiration walahi undecided

FarahAideed:

Ma G when you are not supporting Buhari you have sense ooo..just compare how you get likes when you are not supporting Buhari

1 Like

Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 27, 2019
[quote author=subcbouy post=83504074] Reading this made me thank God again for my brother, who single handedly sponsored my masters program outside shore. Jesus thank you ooo. To Op, It is well.[God bless him aboundantly . And purnish all those wicked brothers who are in a position to help but won't.

2 Likes

Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by madridguy(m): 5:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
I hope she realize her mistake before its too late.

Deltatoto:
una moto good we no get keke we are 9 my elder sister is one of d ppl u see on national tv when they are talking of immigration.she no send us only her husband ppl we no send her too she’s the first child I’m the last child.Today d only thg she has more than me is power I belive say I get cash pass her.guy go hustle I always told myself that if I were d only child I will still survive.
Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by Tellemall: 6:01pm On Oct 27, 2019
CanadianNaija:

Tell am! Maybe OP expects people to follow him and demonize the brother.

God knows how lonely the poor man must be, and what he must have experienced to make him keep everybody at arm's length.
Perhaps he's keeping everybody at arms length because he's full of the assumption that people are contacting him for money.

Why do Nigerians always think it's about money? He said it has to do with the guys marriage to a girl the family didn't like. How did you manage to make it about imaginary money? Is it really about money or you people don't have love even for your own families anymore?

Yes, people think you earn the billions you probably don't, but is that a reason to cast away your family? The only Nigerian who understands family is Linda Ikeji. First and foremost is unity. His brother can reject their money advances without making it outright enmity. If he was as lonely as you claim he could tell them what he felt, but because he thought it was about money, according to you and the host of loveless money obsessed people, he decided to treat his family coldly.

1 Like

Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 27, 2019
West2019:
free him ,its a pure wickedness. if na kogi state him come from e body for done tell an , carry world put for head like say e no go die again , where is Abacha ,Yarudua ,many more ,if God bless u use it to bless ur youngers once tomorrow is a different day ..look at the case of our ex international footballer some of them are extremely broke to dey call if them .help there family's or friends I dnt think there will be in poverty stage today .Forget about him is not ur God dnt call him again
pure street yarns
Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 27, 2019
Fhemmmy:

In this case, read the story well....
The family was against the woman from the start
The man already got pissed off
The man later came around but relationships never remain same
By the way, a real honest relationship where a man loves his wife and vice versa, once people try to separate a loving couple, they will bear the trouble that comes with it, we need to learn to allow couples deal with their issue alone
Lots of family members don't normally accept the woman thwir brother or son presented to them initially. Some shows open hostility, animosity etc but thatdoes not stop the man from relating with his family members.
The guy has his reason but it's not because they rejected his wife in the beginning.
The wife is friendly with them now.
He even abandoned his mum.

He should be happy they are more than 2.
Others should relate well with the wife and children.
A time wiĺl come when his kids will ask him pressing questions about his family.

He is cold hearted. U can still be a brother without giving.

One day, may be when it's too late, he will look back and see how much he missed.
Re: My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... by sarutobi: 6:11pm On Oct 27, 2019
@jonhmba

Please listen sir,

Leave him alone. don't call anymore. He is your brother does not mean he has to pick your calls or even give you face. There is no law in the world that mandates that.

This is what you should do. WORK ON YOURSELF.

Yes, leave him and concentrate on the rest of your family (nuclear and otherwise).

I will not blame anyone since we have not heard your brother's story. Just stop disturbing him.

Forget that "want your brother back" idea. Where do you want him back from??

Something went wrong somewhere. Also from your writeup it looks like the guy is running from financial burden.

What he failed to do is to tell you guys that he can only provide what he has. Cutting family off is immature.

Well, please heed my advice. I know i am saying something completely different from what others have said but that is the only solution.

Work on yourself and dont worry about anyone else.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Husband Pounding Yam As Wife Makes Up (Photo) / HELP! My Brother Is Too Dull / Hillarious! Satisfy Us In Bed Or Face Mass Divorce - Kaduna women protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.