Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Why FireFighting Will Remain Obsolete In Nigeria - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why FireFighting Will Remain Obsolete In Nigeria (384 Views)

8 Benefits Of Mouse Pads That Let Your Device Remain Productive / Only 300 Elephants Remain In Nigeria’s Wildlife – Conservation Foundation Report / Why Does The Earth Remain in a Fixed Orbit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why FireFighting Will Remain Obsolete In Nigeria by ussv: 5:10pm On Oct 26, 2019
I recently witnessed a fire which escalated in an apartment building close to where i live, within minutes after people ran out of the apartment building, fire fighters had arrived and put out the fire which was raging in less than five minutes. I looked at the whole thing and realised that without the fire hydrant which is visible in every location, fighting that fire would have been very very difficult. The fire fighting vehicles were very fast to the location of the fire because they didn't have to attach a tanker with water which can slow them down, they simply had to attached their hoses to the various water hydrants nearby and doused the fire within minutes. Hydrants like these are foundational structures, and not just something that can be constructed by campaign promise. When will Nigeria get to this level ? You can see why firefighters in Nigeria are just sitting like lame ducks in their offices day and night complaining of no water in their trucks. I tire for this country.

(1) (Reply)

. / Troubleshooting Guide To Fix Orbi Login Problems / Buy All-in-one Desktop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.