Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior (2956 Views)

Anabel, My 3-Month-Old Caucasian Dog's Energy Level Is Weak. Please Help (Pics) / My Rott's Naughty Behavior: I Need Advice Please / Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 6:36pm On Nov 04, 2019
Dreazy23:

That’s progress, mind you, don’t overuse his name...Caucasians are smart.

E.g when you call a human continuously without purpose he tends to start ignoring, same thing with dogs

Always call with purpose

Noted
Thanks alot for this
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 6:38pm On Nov 04, 2019
Dreazy23:

My Dog eats really slow, I know you have concerns but it’s Normal, there’s really no competition to even push him.
so far he eats there’s no problem

Okay thanks...I just feel like he would have been much bigger if he eats more bcus I really don't see him getting big that much even if he is just 3 months and some days but my friends are saying he is very big at his age doh
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 6:41pm On Nov 04, 2019
Dreazy23:

Nice, hope you’re giving him Cod liver oil for his fur

His coat looks amazing, I have a female with this coat grin

Grooming should be done regularly, you won’t enjoy untangle his matted fur

Keep up the good work bro

No am not and it's the first time I will hear of such

All I do is bath him and dry him, still think his fur is too young to comb doh but I intend to start combing his fur from next week.

Where u @, am in Abuja
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by friendlyadvice: 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2019
Mshew dog wey you go kick
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by deltateam: 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2019
Dreazy23:

Alright, I wouldn’t subscribe to violent training and Caucasians aren’t the breed to use violence for.

Here’s my tip:

It’s all about timing, study your dog.
You definitely know when he wants to poo or wee, simply take him there and after that, threat him...Trust me after a while he would learn, keep on giving him the threat when he finally start going on his own and slowly stop

Threat abi treat?
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2019
friendlyadvice:
Mshew dog wey you go kick

Lol
You don't do that if you are truly a dog lover
U just have to understand them very well and moreover it's not advisable to always beat them bcus it sometime kills their moral and make Dem less aggressive.
Always treat ur pets with love
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by friendlyadvice: 7:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
Samolasoj:

Lol
You don't do that if you are truly a dog lover
U just have to understand them very well and moreover it's not advisable to always beat them bcus it sometime kills their moral and make Dem less aggressive.
Always treat ur pets with love
Msheew my dogs dey well mannered cause them know the drill once I talk something and them go do opposite na belt str8 or boot
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Dreazy23(m): 7:13pm On Nov 04, 2019
Samolasoj:

No am not and it's the first time I will hear of such

All I do is bath him and dry him, still think his fur is too young to comb doh but I intend to start combing his fur from next week.

Where u @, am in Abuja

Ahhhhhhhh, comb o.
I stay in Abuja but I’m in school.

Get multivitamins, cod liver oil and calcium supplement.

I don’t know how to emphasize brushing and combing.
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Dreazy23(m): 7:13pm On Nov 04, 2019
deltateam:

Threat abi treat?

My bad, treat
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Dreazy23(m): 7:14pm On Nov 04, 2019
Samolasoj:

Noted
Thanks alot for this

You’re welcome
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Dreazy23(m): 7:17pm On Nov 04, 2019
Samolasoj:

Okay thanks...I just feel like he would have been much bigger if he eats more bcus I really don't see him getting big that much even if he is just 3 months and some days but my friends are saying he is very big at his age doh

So it’s not about how much he eats, it’s in his genes

Like I said I have 2 Caucasians, Rex and Roxy.
Rex is a slow picky eater but far bigger than Roxy that is never full.

Just make his food healthy
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Dreazy23(m): 7:18pm On Nov 04, 2019
friendlyadvice:

Msheew my dogs dey well mannered cause them know the drill once I talk something and them go do opposite na belt str8 or boot

What breed please?
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by friendlyadvice: 7:24pm On Nov 04, 2019
Dreazy23:

What breed please?
Gsd buh I'm just kidding I no dey beat my dog o, I just free am till e give himself brain and started going outside
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Dreazy23(m): 7:29pm On Nov 04, 2019
friendlyadvice:

Gsd buh I'm just kidding I no dey beat my dog o, I just free am till e give himself brain and started going outside

Lol, alright...
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 9:31pm On Nov 04, 2019
Dreazy23:

Ahhhhhhhh, comb o.
I stay in Abuja but I’m in school.

Get multivitamins, cod liver oil and calcium supplement.

I don’t know how to emphasize brushing and combing.

Lol I will start combing his fur from next week..
Is ur dog also in skull with u or u left her in Abuja...
I already got the multivitamins am will get the cod liver oil soon.

Thanks once again
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 9:32pm On Nov 04, 2019
Dreazy23:

So it’s not about how much he eats, it’s in his genes

Like I said I have 2 Caucasians, Rex and Roxy.
Rex is a slowly picky eater but far bigger than Roxy that is never full.

Just make his food healthy

Okay thanks I will
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Dreazy23(m): 9:52pm On Nov 04, 2019
Samolasoj:

Lol I will start combing his fur from next week..
Is ur dog also in skull with u or u left her in Abuja...
I already got the multivitamins am will get the cod liver oil soon.

Thanks once again

Both of them are in Abuja, my brother is In charge of Taking care of them till I get back

That’s the comb you can use for him, it’s really easy to find in pet stores but slightly expensive.

And you’re welcome, we’re here to help each other

Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Cormung: 10:08am On Nov 06, 2019
You are very brave that you decided to take this very dog. I have heard that they are smart but they seem so big and dangerous. I prefer more cute and adorable dogs. Now I am going to choose one from https://veterinarymanagement.net/adorable-dogs-for-sale-at-affordable-rates/ I hope I will have a nice friend!
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 12:24pm On Nov 09, 2019
Happy weekend guys. Sorry have not been able to update you guys for a while now, have been very busy.
Anyways scisser has been doing fine and he is beginning to bark alot even if he still plays alot with strangers sometimes, I believe he is still a puppy so with time he will be aggressive towards strangers.

He is currently 3 month plus now and he is looking good at his age, even my friends can tell from his current size.
Below is scisser and me playing a little rough play this morning and we later ended it on the bed to relax after the play.
I can tell that he was very excited and he didn't want us to stop but I just have to bcus I have other things to do.

I will try my best to always update you guys on my boy scisser and as for those that game me tips on how to train him well, I say a very big thank you as it was really helpful.

Stay tuned for more updates

Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Dreazy23(m): 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2019
Samolasoj:
Happy weekend guys. Sorry have not been able to update you guys for a while now, have been very busy.
Anyways scisser has been doing fine and he is beginning to bark alot even if he still plays alot with strangers sometimes, I believe he is still a puppy so with time he will be aggressive towards strangers.

He is currently 3 month plus now and he is looking good at his age, even my friends can tell from his current size.
Below is scisser and me playing a little rough play this morning and we later ended it on the bed to relax after the play.
I can tell that he was very excited and he didn't want us to stop but I just have to bcus I have other things to do.

I will try my best to always update you guys on my boy scisser and as for those that game me tips on how to train him well, I say a very big thank you as it was really helpful.

You’re welcome, he’s getting bigger
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 4:23pm On Nov 09, 2019
Dreazy23:

You’re welcome, he’s getting bigger

Thanks alot
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by space9880: 6:09pm On Nov 09, 2019
i have not seen iamanderson on this thread
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by IamAnderson(m): 9:02pm On Nov 09, 2019
space9880:
i have not seen iamanderson on this thread
lol I'm just seeing it, besides, Dreazy23 is already doing a good job helping out with the pup grin
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by IamAnderson(m): 9:25pm On Nov 09, 2019
Samolasoj:

is he still pooping everywhere?
that habit is usually caused when a dog is congested in a particular place, since he's always inside the house he just goes anywhere because he doesn't have anywhere else to do it.
if you don't give him a place to poop he'll do it anywhere.
naturally, dogs don't poop where they eat or play, a dog will only do that when it has no other option and gets used to it. if a dog has enough space to explore, it'll select particular spots to poop and save you all the stress cheesy
I also used to keep my dog inside as a puppy but he never pooped inside the house once, I just studied his pooping pattern and started predicting it, if your dog is the type that poops after eating then immediately after eating take the dog to the position you want it to poop and leave it there till it poops then congratulate it and give a reward and go.
that's how I started doing with my dog and it reached a point that when he wants to poop he'll come close to me and start bending his bum then I'll just rush and take him outside for him to go and poop, later on all I had to do was leave a door open when he's in the house so he can leave freely to poop and pee and then return.
that's how he grew up and even till now I can confidently leave him in the house without fear that he'll mess up, even if he's playing or eating he'll run out and ease himself then return.
your dog is so cute BTW, and he's growing well wink
oh and don't expect much from him in terms of obedience to commands, he's still a puppy so obeying you isn't a priority to him lol, with time he'll become more obedient just keep on teaching him.
hope this helps with the pooping issue, this technique worked with all the dogs I've ever had, even the one that started off like yours learned how to go out and poop at about 3months.
you can checkout my thread too, I think you'll get some tips from there goodluck wink

2 Likes

Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 10:49pm On Nov 09, 2019
IamAnderson:

is he still pooping everywhere?
that habit is usually caused when a dog is congested in a particular place, since he's always inside the house he just goes anywhere because he doesn't have anywhere else to do it.
if you don't give him a place to poop he'll do it anywhere.
naturally, dogs don't poop where they eat or play, a dog will only do that when it has no other option and gets used to it. if a dog has enough space to explore, it'll select particular spots to poop and save you all the stress cheesy
I also used to keep my dog inside as a puppy but he never pooped inside the house once, I just studied his pooping pattern and started predicting it, if your dog is the type that poops after eating then immediately after eating take the dog to the position you want it to poop and leave it there till it poops then congratulate it and give a reward and go.
that's how I started doing with my dog and it reached a point that when he wants to poop he'll come close to me and start bending his bum then I'll just rush and take him outside for him to go and poop, later on all I had to do was leave a door open when he's in the house so he can leave freely to poop and pee and then return.
that's how he grew up and even till now I can confidently leave him in the house without fear that he'll mess up, even if he's playing or eating he'll run out and ease himself then return.
your dog is so cute BTW, and he's growing well wink
oh and don't expect much from him in terms of obedience to commands, he's still a puppy so obeying you isn't a priority to him lol, with time he'll become more obedient just keep on teaching him.
hope this helps with the pooping issue, this technique worked with all the dogs I've ever had, even the one that started off like yours learned how to go out and poop at about 3months.
you can checkout my thread too, I think you'll get some tips from there goodluck wink

Thanks alot for ur comment@Iamanderson
I have been waiting for you to coment for a while now bcus I have been following ur thread about ur cute huge dog roscoe and how u have wonderful taken care of him till now, I really pray and wish my boy scisser get big as urs bcus that will really make me so happy..
Anyways about the poop stuff, he has stop doing that entirely in the house, all he do now is wait till the door is open for him to go and poo outside and sometimes do it at the backyard where the generator is if the front door is not open on time, he has totally stopped pooing in the house and am so happy about that, I can't even remember the last time he urinated in the house too.
He has really improve alot in character and he has more energy now, he can play for Africa and sometimes charges at me when we play and I enjoy it alot, it makes me feel he will be aggressive one day.

All am waiting for is for him to become aggressive, even if I know he is still a puppy but I really can't wait for months to come so I can see him in action and also I want him to be as large as urs...
Once again thanks for ur comments and I hope to get more tips from you too as time goes on.
And yes dreazy23 has been really helpful
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by IamAnderson(m): 12:33am On Nov 10, 2019
Samolasoj:

Thanks alot for ur comment@Iamanderson
I have been waiting for you to coment for a while now bcus I have been following ur thread about ur cute huge dog roscoe and how u have wonderful taken care of him till now, I really pray and wish my boy scisser get big as urs bcus that will really make me so happy..
Anyways about the poop stuff, he has stop doing that entirely in the house, all he do now is wait till the door is open for him to go and poo outside and sometimes do it at the backyard where the generator is if the front door is not open on time, he has totally stopped pooing in the house and am so happy about that, I can't even remember the last time he urinated in the house too.
He has really improve alot in character and he has more energy now, he can play for Africa and sometimes charges at me when we play and I enjoy it alot, it makes me feel he will be aggressive one day.

All am waiting for is for him to become aggressive, even if I know he is still a puppy but I really can't wait for months to come so I can see him in action and also I want him to be as large as urs...
Once again thanks for ur comments and I hope to get more tips from you too as time goes on.
And yes dreazy23 has been really helpful
you're welcome wink
it's good to see he has stopped messing up the house, he has probably started seeing the house as his living space that's why he goes away to poop.
just make sure you always make space available for him to go outside and you'll have nothing to worry about.
and the play you're doing with him is also good for him too, just take care of him he'll grow well wink
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Dreazy23(m): 11:02pm On Jan 15, 2020
Hey, how’s Scisser?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fawn Male Boerboel Available(pictures) / Pls Can Someone Help Identify This Breed? / Lasa Bread Dog For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.