Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi (51363 Views)

Reviews Of Ibrahim Said’s Hat-trick In FIFA U-17 World Cup / Nigeria Vs Ecuador: FIFA Under 17 World Cup (3 - 2) Full Time / Etienne, Samuel Eto'o's Son To Play For Cameroon In FIFA Under-17 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by Rubicon67(m): 1:07pm On Oct 27, 2019
Rednaxelot:
Your “son” is really good!

Out of ten football players that took the penalty kicks, only your “son” lost his kick.

So the coach should select him for the World Cup for him to affect the team with his misfortune again abi?

There are serious lobbying and bribery for selection into the teams representing us, but this man’s case is another case of substituting misfortune for money.

Wetin dis one dey talk, abi your brain dey go excursion during weekends?

Even Messi, Ronaldo, Okocha, Baggio and other great players missed penalties at one point in their illustrious careers. Would you considered them misfortune to their clubs and countries?

If you don't have anything sensible to add, please read and pass.

4 Likes

Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by GEEBITE: 1:08pm On Oct 27, 2019
Ogaga is an Urhobo name and from delta state.Pleasure purge yourself of ethnic bigotry.
Patrioticman007:
The auto victimization people aka ipobians. Mosquitoes bite them na Northerners. Rain fall too much on them na Northerners. Sun fall too on them na Northerners. God lord save us from them. Nigerian national team has been ipobnized to the extent that its only them that play in every competition, simple world cup they are yet to deliver. Instead of them to allow only one simple aboki to join and play too. This agent of division, is nagging. What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by skales67(m): 1:09pm On Oct 27, 2019
[s]
Patrioticman007:
The auto victimization people aka ipobians. Mosquitoes bite them na Northerners. Rain fall too much on them na Northerners. Sun fall too on them na Northerners. God lord save us from them. Nigerian national team has been ipobnized to the extent that its only them that play in every competition, simple world cup they are yet to deliver. Instead of them to allow only one simple aboki to join and play too. This agent of division, is nagging. What a shame.
[/s]
Ogaga is not Igbo...Stop talking nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by Germi9: 1:10pm On Oct 27, 2019
BULLIONVAN4:
oga! please read and understand it wont hurt you..lazy yut spotted. i bet you didnt read the whole writeups.
Can he read?
Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by Aquarapha: 1:10pm On Oct 27, 2019
If dy do me such and I make it being like Messi,Ronaldo,hazard or mbabe they won’t even see me
Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by tiwiex(m): 1:11pm On Oct 27, 2019
Bigflamie:
They should investigate this man's allegation asap. and the culprits must be death with.

Ohh I forgot, this is Nigeria where nothing actually works. A failed state.

I have always wondered why we have very few northerners in the football teams. Why is that? Is there some kind of southern bias and control?

1 Like

Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by Angelfrost(m): 1:11pm On Oct 27, 2019
Nothing new... If merit and competence were used in selecting people in all sectors of this country, we would be rubbing shoulders with Japan by now.

This is why trophies keep eluding them from the Senior team down to the mannish looking Falcons.

1 Like

Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by FemolasticA: 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2019
Just passing o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by Maslib: 1:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
Is a pure lie please , Abba Bichi is a very good footballer forget sentiment. The boy plays good football I can attest to that . He's the highest goal scorer in China were he plays . Stop all these war . I know him personally and he's good . He plays good football.

2 Likes

Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by SportyBoi: 1:22pm On Oct 27, 2019
seankafor:
Na normal thing all over the world.

Ask harry Redknapp when he was England boss.

Wenger wanted to turn a whole arsenal team to French team at a time in arsenal.

Corruption is everywhere, na how we package ourselves in the midst of corruption..everything na packaging

Harry Redknapp was never England boss....

That so called Arsene Wenger french team was the darling of English football during it era, that team holds a prestigious 47 match Unbeaten record in English top flight.

And by the way there were just 4 major french players in that squad, ... So what nonsense corruption are u talking about?

U definitely must be shallow minded if u think white people do all these unnecessary politics in their football...

1 Like

Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by RICHOLAC(m): 1:22pm On Oct 27, 2019
Same way they dropped my junior brother Olie who passed the stiff screening, the direct assistant to Manu Garba saying,' ehm! the lad is very good, very very skillful and dangerous with the ball, but ehm! (scratching his eyebrow) the management decided to drop him'. whereas he had come behind and asked popsie of 500k of "A" list fee which i know is for his pocket. Thank God today that OLIE is now doing well there in Ghana. This naija no work at all.

4 Likes

Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by Bambambiglo: 1:23pm On Oct 27, 2019
HacheNoire:
Normal trend

No news!

Cos if we remove man-know-man and go strictly by competence, form and professionalism, 80% of our players wont make that team

Even the sport minister, NFA Chairman and coach wont make it

Will buhari make it?

1 Like

Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by Nasir123(m): 1:23pm On Oct 27, 2019
Imagine this nonsense in a country call Nigeria
Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by Femijohn198: 1:27pm On Oct 27, 2019
Nigeria could have lift senior would cup like 2-3 times now,but due to nepotism and corruption spoil everything.Dele Alaba wanted to play for Nigeria under 17 junior team,he was neglected and order to pay bribe before he can play.

1 Like

Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by Jaqenhghar: 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
lebanonboy:
How do i arrive in this country
How do you arrive or how do you leave?
Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by Mrquote: 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
Rednaxelot:

Out of ten football players that took the penalty kicks, only your “son” lost his kick.

So the coach should select him for the World Cup for him to affect the team with his misfortune again abi?

There are serious lobbying and bribery for selection into the teams representing us, but this man’s case is another case of substituting misfortune for money.
Is people like you that doesn't see failure as a challenge, once you fail once you are failure for life, hope you grow up and learn that life is unfair him losing the kick doesn't make him a bad player.
Hope you want to church

1 Like

Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by RICHOLAC(m): 1:40pm On Oct 27, 2019
tiwiex:

I have always wondered why we have very few northerners in the football teams. Why is that? Is there some kind of southern bias and control?
Now this tells me you didn't watch last night's match, if you did, you would have found out that these crop of players are more of Northerners, few yorubas and only two southerners. Try and watch their next match or rather google the fifa list of Nigerian U17 2019 World cup list

2 Likes

Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by mechanics(m): 1:45pm On Oct 27, 2019
That's why some of our players who are practising their profession in oversees refuse joining the team because of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by somehow: 1:47pm On Oct 27, 2019
This one really does not look 17 though
But I may be wrong sha

2 Likes

Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by Divineayo(m): 1:48pm On Oct 27, 2019
Fadomero:
Abeg how this news take stop me from eaten stone rice

Headless chicken spotted
Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by mashad(m): 1:57pm On Oct 27, 2019
Fadomero:
Abeg how this news take stop me from eaten stone rice

Oh !! my Abakaliki rice
Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by brownskilo(m): 1:58pm On Oct 27, 2019
What is this 28yrs old man looking for in under 17 squad?
Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by 9jaBloke: 1:59pm On Oct 27, 2019
Juventus4life:

Just put smile on my face this morning by reminding me of my man "James Hadley Chase".
That book legit die

You love Chase?
Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by Nostradamus: 2:01pm On Oct 27, 2019
Rednaxelot:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't mind that man jare. They should select his son and he will disgrace the confidence the coach has in him.
Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by Bahamas95(m): 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2019
Useless country

Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by grassrootsig: 2:14pm On Oct 27, 2019
justiz5:
My child was dropped from U-17 W’Cup for DSS boss’ son –Oduko

England-based football scout, Ese Udoko, in this interview with KELVIN EKERETE alleges that his son, Ogaga, was unjustly dropped from the Golden Eaglets squad at the ongoing Brazil 2019 U-17 World Cup for Abba Abichi, son of the Director-General, Department of State Service, Bichi Magaji, after helping the team qualify for the World Cup.

Is it true that your son Ogaga Oduko was dropped for Abba Bichi, son of the DSS boss, Bichi Magaji?

It is true. My son Ogaga was substituted for Bichi Magaji’s son, Abba Bichi, and there is no other way we can point otherwise. Those coaches are the ones destroying Nigerian football. I believe the officials from the top are corrupt as well. It is affecting Nigerian football. The less-privileged kids cannot genuinely represent their country without having a godfather.

But there is a claim that you are just an agent to Ogaga and not his father…

(Cuts in) Ogaga is my adopted son. He lost both parents at the age of 10. I came to Nigeria to do my scouting programme in 2016 for less-privileged talented kids across four states in Nigeria. The final selection was held in Lagos. He borrowed money to come and there I spotted him. He told me his story and I have been taking care of him in my academy since then, along with his two siblings.

How long was your son in the U-17 camp?

I took him for the U-17 trials and he passed. He has been with the team for a long time. He went with them to Tanzania (U-17 AFCON, qualifiers for the World Cup). He was the one that lost the last penalty in the semi-final 10-9 defeat to Guinea in Tanzania. They refused to feature him in the third-place game because of that and the Eaglets lost the match. He is an attacking midfielder, better than what they have in that midfield, but the coaches told me that they would convert him to left-back, as they don’t have one. And that is the only way he can make the team. I told my son to adapt and because of his talent, he adapted and since then he has been with the U-17.

Do you think he was dropped because he wasn’t good enough?

Not at all. When Ogaga was with the national team, he worked hard and merited it. I was about bringing him to the United Kingdom, but I had not finalised the adoption process then. After the process, I felt that he should take a shot at the national team and that will qualify him to play in England. And also, the other players can see that hard work and dedication with your talent can take you to the top. He has been with the team until they came back from Tanzania. During their two months break. I asked for his passport, so he can apply for UK visa, as Arsenal wanted to see him. I told the coach, but they refused to give me his passport. The excuse was that they don’t want to lose him. They felt that if he joined a club in England, he would not want to come back and play for the national team. The boy was angry but I encouraged him to bear it.

Is there evidence that he was dropped directly for Bichi?

Ogaga

He traveled to Turkey for the tournament before travelling to Brazil with the team, but at the last minute he was dropped and was replaced with a player I now believe is the son of the head of security service in Nigeria because the NFF wanted to avoid corruption charges. So, they have to curry the head of security by bringing his son and other officials’ children and dropping talented players who don’t have any backing. I did not know the politics that was played, because I was not there. I know that boy was nowhere before, and suddenly at the last minute he replaced a regular player.

Some are of the opinion that Ogaga was dropped because he wasn’t a regular in Manu Garba’s squad…

My boy is a regular, the only match he did not play (in Tanzania) they lost. There is no way you can tell me that they have another excuse for dropping a regular player. I chatted with the coaches and their excuse was that it is a group decision. I know other players were dropped as well. I felt for my boy and the others, but I need to point this injustice out. It has been going on in the national team camp for too long. He has been with the team for months. Ogaga was in Tanzania and Turkey. He also made the final list of 25 to Brazil.

Did anyone at any point request for money from you to include Ogaga in the Eaglets’ U-17 World Cup squad?

They requested for money before they went to Tanzania. I refused to give anything. I told them, ‘let his talent make way for him.’ After using the boy to qualify, they dropped him without thinking. I know this situation might make my relationship with some Nigeria Football Federation members dented. I have set up a youth league currently running in Nigeria in four states.

Having gone through this experience, would you still allow Ogaga play for Nigeria in the future?

This is what I’m fighting for. I want a situation where talented players in Nigeria can represent their country on merit. I have a mission to raise players with their right ages for the national team to win the 2020 World Cup. This is a big challenge for me moving forward with the mandate. I will still allow him play for Nigeria. These people will not be there forever.

What does the future hold for Ogaga now?

He will be coming for trials with a Premier League club I don’t want to reveal now. Arsenal will still have their eyes on him. They were actually coming to watch him in BraziL. He would have been drafted straight away into their U-19 squad if he had played at the world Cup. A Premier League club is waiting for Ogagga already, but they want me to bring him to the UK first.

How can this issue of dropping better qualified players for more influential players be addressed?

The youth football structure needs to be well organised. The country should be able to watch young players from the age of 15. This is why I am running a youth league in Nigeria. Once coaches make their 25-man list, the regular players selected initially should not be dropped; rather the coaches should adjust a player who is not performing well to the bench. A regular player can only be dropped if they commit a serious offence. When a regular player is omitted from the team rather than dropping them to the bench, it should be questioned and looked into by independent professionals, rather than the officials.

https://punchng.com/my-child-was-dropped-from-u-17-wcup-for-dss-boss-son-oduko/

Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by grassrootsig: 2:18pm On Oct 27, 2019
[quote author=justiz5 post=83493467]My child was dropped from U-17 W’Cup for DSS boss’ son –Oduko

England-based football scout, Ese Udoko, in this interview with KELVIN EKERETE alleges that his son, Ogaga, was unjustly dropped from the Golden Eaglets squad at the ongoing Brazil 2019 U-17 World Cup for Abba Abichi, son of the Director-General, Department of State Service, Bichi Magaji, after helping the team qualify for the World Cup.

Is it true that your son Ogaga Oduko was dropped for Abba Bichi, son of the DSS boss, Bichi Magaji?

It is true. My son Ogaga was substituted for Bichi Magaji’s son, Abba Bichi, and there is no other way we can point otherwise. Those coaches are the ones destroying Nigerian football. I believe the officials from the top are corrupt as well. It is affecting Nigerian football. The less-privileged kids cannot genuinely represent their country without having a godfather.

But there is a claim that you are just an agent to Ogaga and not his father…

(Cuts in) Ogaga is my adopted son. He lost both parents at the age of 10. I came to Nigeria to do my scouting programme in 2016 for less-privileged talented kids across four states in Nigeria. The final selection was held in Lagos. He borrowed money to come and there I spotted him. He told me his story and I have been taking care of him in my academy since then, along with his two siblings.

How long was your son in the U-17 camp?

I took him for the U-17 trials and he passed. He has been with the team for a long time. He went with them to Tanzania (U-17 AFCON, qualifiers for the World Cup). He was the one that lost the last penalty in the semi-final 10-9 defeat to Guinea in Tanzania. They refused to feature him in the third-place game because of that and the Eaglets lost the match. He is an attacking midfielder, better than what they have in that midfield, but the coaches told me that they would convert him to left-back, as they don’t have one. And that is the only way he can make the team. I told my son to adapt and because of his talent, he adapted and since then he has been with the U-17.

Do you think he was dropped because he wasn’t good enough?

Not at all. When Ogaga was with the national team, he worked hard and merited it. I was about bringing him to the United Kingdom, but I had not finalised the adoption process then. After the process, I felt that he should take a shot at the national team and that will qualify him to play in England. And also, the other players can see that hard work and dedication with your talent can take you to the top. He has been with the team until they came back from Tanzania. During their two months break. I asked for his passport, so he can apply for UK visa, as Arsenal wanted to see him. I told the coach, but they refused to give me his passport. The excuse was that they don’t want to lose him. They felt that if he joined a club in England, he would not want to come back and play for the national team. The boy was angry but I encouraged him to bear it.

Is there evidence that he was dropped directly for Bichi?

Ogaga

He traveled to Turkey for the tournament before travelling to Brazil with the team, but at the last minute he was dropped and was replaced with a player I now believe is the son of the head of security service in Nigeria because the NFF wanted to avoid corruption charges. So, they have to curry the head of security by bringing his son and other officials’ children and dropping talented players who don’t have any backing. I did not know the politics that was played, because I was not there. I know that boy was nowhere before, and suddenly at the last minute he replaced a regular player.

Some are of the opinion that Ogaga was dropped because he wasn’t a regular in Manu Garba’s squad…

My boy is a regular, the only match he did not play (in Tanzania) they lost. There is no way you can tell me that they have another excuse for dropping a regular player. I chatted with the coaches and their excuse was that it is a group decision. I know other players were dropped as well. I felt for my boy and the others, but I need to point this injustice out. It has been going on in the national team camp for too long. He has been with the team for months. Ogaga was in Tanzania and Turkey. He also made the final list of 25 to Brazil.

Did anyone at any point request for money from you to include Ogaga in the Eaglets’ U-17 World Cup squad?

They requested for money before they went to Tanzania. I refused to give anything. I told them, ‘let his talent make way for him.’ After using the boy to qualify, they dropped him without thinking. I know this situation might make my relationship with some Nigeria Football Federation members dented. I have set up a youth league currently running in Nigeria in four states.

Having gone through this experience, would you still allow Ogaga play for Nigeria in the future?

This is what I’m fighting for. I want a situation where talented players in Nigeria can represent their country on merit. I have a mission to raise players with their right ages for the national team to win the 2020 World Cup. This is a big challenge for me moving forward with the mandate. I will still allow him play for Nigeria. These people will not be there forever.

What does the future hold for Ogaga now?

He will be coming for trials with a Premier League club I don’t want to reveal now. Arsenal will still have their eyes on him. They were actually coming to watch him in BraziL. He would have been drafted straight away into their U-19 squad if he had played at the world Cup. A Premier League club is waiting for Ogagga already, but they want me to bring him to the UK first.

How can this issue of dropping better qualified players for more influential players be addressed?

The youth football structure needs to be well organised. The country should be able to watch young players from the age of 15. This is why I am running a youth league in Nigeria. Once coaches make their 25-man list, the regular players selected initially should not be dropped; rather the coaches should adjust a player who is not performing well to the bench. A regular player can only be dropped if they commit a serious offence. When a regular player is omitted from the team rather than dropping them to the bench, it should be questioned and looked into by independent professionals, rather than the officials.

https://punchng.com/my-child-was-dropped-from-u-17-wcup-for-dss-boss-son-oduko/[/quote

Have you heard the result of their match yesterday, they won convincingly without your adopted son, the you claimed they used replace your adapted son, didn't even Make the starting line up

Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by abeggnow: 2:21pm On Oct 27, 2019
Bigflamie:
They should investigate this man's allegation asap. and the culprits must be death with.

Ohh I forgot, this is Nigeria where nothing actually works. A failed state.
NOT A FAILED STATE JUST VERY CORRUPT.SOMALIA IS A FAILED STATE.GO THERE AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND BETTER.

1 Like

Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by clive2u(m): 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2019
fast forward to 2 years now you'll hear NFF begging the boy to play for super eagles when he choose England. Tammy Abraham even if na bench una go warm for England stay there and forget this yeye nff
Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by abeggnow: 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2019
seankafor:
Na normal thing all over the world.

Ask harry Redknapp when he was England boss.

Wenger wanted to turn a whole arsenal team to French team at a time in arsenal.

Corruption is everywhere, na how we package ourselves in the midst of corruption..everything na packaging
U UNDERSTAND THE CONTEMPORARY WORLD WELL. MOST NIGERIANS THINK CORRUPTION IS A NIGERIAN THING BUT it's EVERYWHERE. WE ARE NOT YET JUST MATURED TO PACKAGE WELL THATS ALLL
Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by Belleful: 2:33pm On Oct 27, 2019
I said it that this set of boys look more like yuruba eleven than the regular Nigeria teams. when you don't see names of people from Delta Edo balyesa and Rivers State, that makes Nigeria's teams better and joy to watch, then I fully believe what OGAGA father said.
Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
samisj4real:
Nawa for Africa ooh.

Sanè would have been playing for Senegal today if not for corruption over there too.

Sanè's dad was asked to bring large amount of money so that his son could feature for the under 17 team which he couldn't afford.

Where is SANÈ today?
u no talk of Alaba weh for dey play for Nigeria if no be sia sia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Franck Ribery In Tears At Bayern Munich Ace Rafinha's Goodbye Farewell (Photos) / Kelechi Nwakali & Girlfriend, Francis Jacquelyn Rock Matching Outfits / SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.